Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Now that you mention that, I feel terrible for thinking of this:

E4gQMVY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[Poor performance of Batman: AK for Madjoki]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPJHN_toh0

I guess there's still room for improvement.
What's your rig's specifications?

And at what graphical settings is this?

damn i missed that skylines deal/glitch.  of course it happens on a night I don't have a conference call with people in Hong Kong or India.  Anyone get me a copy? 

Fox is dropping the Bro-Balls here.

Last night we played Alien vs Predator (2008? version).  Fox, Spoder, Me, Drabe and Malkan.  We played through most of the multiplayer modes -- free for all, team deathmatch, hunt and infestation.  Infestation seemed to be one of the favorites: One guy is the alien, everyone else marines and each dead marine becomes an alien.  You see the game mode with zombies these days in Call of Duty, etc.  Hunt had one guy be the Predator while everyone else was a marine but I think we were just unused to the Predator controls because he usually just got Colonial Marine ganked over and over.

Team deathmatch was also good times although now the Predator seemed overpowered and in teams of two marines, two aliens and one predator, he still held his own in kill scores.  Once my Marine killed both an alien and predator at the same time and Spoder seemed shocked that I did something in a game that could qualify as "good".

Anyway, good times, was fun, would recommend to people owning it if they have some friends to play with as I assume the ranking boards are dead or have a few crazy people with 150,000 hours of time in it.

In Ark news, Brut's server was down all night so now I'm going to bitch about how the server I play on for free mildly inconvenienced me.

Something-somthing-brofist and I believe we're doing TF2 tonight.

i7 3960x

16GB DDR3

GTX 970

On foot it's 60 fps /w only minor drops/stutter, but once you enter batmobile it becomes unplayable.
Yeah, there's no way in Hell you should be getting those stutters + slowdowns w/ that rig. No freaking way. You should have way better performance than me, for crying out loud - and my graphics card and i7 isn't in your league.

On graphics tab within Batman AK - since they have a VRAM meter there, check lower-right corner and make sure you're below the 3.5 GB / 3500 MB thresh-hold. Not every game has a VRAM meter in their graphics tab telling you "You're going to use about X amount of VRAM." If you're above it, take some settings and drop 'em a bit - turn down a few things until you're under it.

Those stutters look similar to the 970 common-place stutters + slow-downs I've seen videos online w/ other games when you try to pass 3.5GB and it searches for that last 0.5 GB - especially on The Crew + SoM.

You could run EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner and keep constant tabs on the VRAM usage - set those to show for on-screen display. Since you have a 970, you might actually need to.

In Ark news, Brut's server was down all night so now I'm going to bitch about how the server I play on for free mildly inconvenienced me.
The Halloween update was hell on the server providers it seems due to the size of the patch. Also, the 3rd world commie moron that updated the server forgot to START the service after it updated. I really need to start a CAG Ark Steam group so we can post news and stuffs regarding the server, settings, mod, etc. Optionally, I can just pretend this thread is the Ark info thread and do a full info dump, real time blog, of all things Ark and update it every 3 minutes. Server is back up and running btw.

Yeah, there's no way in Hell you should be getting those stutters + slowdowns w/ that rig. No freaking way. You should have way better performance than me, for crying out loud - and my graphics card and i7 isn't in your league.

On graphics tab within Batman AK - since they have a VRAM meter there, check lower-right corner and make sure you're below the 3.5 GB / 3500 MB thresh-hold. Not every game has a VRAM meter in their graphics tab telling you "You're going to use about X amount of VRAM." If you're above it, take some settings and drop 'em a bit - turn down a few things until you're under it.

Those stutters look similar to the 970 common-place stutters + slow-downs I've seen videos online w/ other games when you try to pass 3.5GB and it searches for that last 0.5 GB - especially on The Crew + SoM.

You could run EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner and keep constant tabs on the VRAM usage. Since you have a 970, you might need to.
I'm trying more settings soon, I basically left everything at default, expect motion blur off, ca off and nvidia stuff off.

One possible cause is poor texture streaming which is why I'm trying to make space in SSD, which should help in that case.

But frankly SSD shouldn't be required (considering it works on consoles with HDD+optical media).

Noticed that too, but the latest regular Idle Master (1.4) works for the same thing and is still operational. Just go into Settings and look at Idling Behavior, theres an option to set it to do what idle_master_py does. It may have done it before 1.4, but I never needed to use it until the python version broke.
Idle Master 1.4 works right, but I can't use it on my Windows XP VM because it's 64-bit only. And I have to use Python on Ubuntu... which I had finally gotten to work right before the switch happened.

I'm trying more settings soon, I basically left everything at default, expect motion blur off, ca off and nvidia stuff off.

One possible cause is poor texture streaming which is why I'm trying to make space in SSD, which should help in that case.

But frankly SSD shouldn't be required (considering it works on consoles with HDD+optical media).
It's got to be something else. My computer doesn't have any of those issues except for random pauses once in a while. Try lowering the texture quality, because that made my game unplayable when I first got the game.

What do we have, an hour and a half before disappointment sets in?
20 minutes.

lol No here in NYC you need to get the license first then wait 24 hours to get married, it's good for 60 days though.

The links seem interesting but not something I'd need.
Hm. Didn't know that.

You have to get remarried every sixty days? Man, you city mice are weird...
It's a necessity. Otherwise the divorce courts would have daily backlogs that'd rival Brut's Steam library.

fingers crossed for Ark in the halloween sale!!!
I sort of thought they might do a sale or free weekend since the Halloween event has discount and free copies of Ark codes dropping (very rare) in loot chests. The last time they did a similar event, they had a free weekend going. Of course the patch notes say the codes can be given to friends, implying there probably won't be a free weekend.

I don't have a SSD, so it can't be that - and the WD Black hard drive I have it on is close to full. I've two of those drives almost full.

Mess with the graphical settings a bit, I'd say. Get it below 3500 MB (3.5GB). There's just no way you should have issues like that w/ your 3.5GB 970; especially since I'm not here w/ my 4GB 960.

I also normally keep VSync OFF on modern games, since many modern games these days don't really seem to have graphical tearing issues, stuttering, things not rendering properly + other weird graphical issues even when it's off anymore. If you do have any weird graphical issues - well, you'll have to turn it on. I didn't have any weird graphics tears or crap w/ Batman AK, so you might want to do the same. I've found you can really gain much better framerates in many instances with that off, in many instances.

I currently have Batman: AK set in-game at 60FPS w/ VSync Off. It takes massive bounces when running the Batmobile from 35 to 60 frames, up and down like a roller-coaster - so I'll probably set at additional 35FPS or 40 FPS cap w/ also MSI Afterburner to sort that mess out.

Idle Master 1.4 works right, but I can't use it on my Windows XP VM because it's 64-bit only. And I have to use Python on Ubuntu... which I had finally gotten to work right before the switch happened.

It's got to be something else. My computer doesn't have any of those issues except for random pauses once in a while. Try lowering the texture quality, because that made my game unplayable when I first got the game.
I just checked the texture setting for me.

This is at 1080p w/ everything at top at max (Non-NVidia Settings), except VSync Off + NVidia settings all off:

With texture resolution at high = 3659MB VRAM ate up [that is over 970's 3.5GB threshhold]

With texture at Normal = 2972MB VRAM

Texture at Low = 2177 MB VRAM

Looks like you're right - texture resolution is going to be the biggest culprit here. None of the other settings when turning up or down are eating up anywhere as much VRAM as texture resolution is alone.

I just checked the texture setting for me.

This is with everything at top at max (Non-NVidia Settings), except VSync Off at 1080p:

With texture at high = 3659MB VRAM ate up [over 970's 3.5GB threshhold]

With texture at Normal = 2972MB VRAM

Texture at Low = 2177 MB VRAM
Set textures to Normal. I have things at low and it uses just less than my card's total RAM and things work well.

Set textures to Normal. I have things at low and it uses just less than my card's total RAM and things work well.
I have 4GB 960, so I can handle the textures over 3.5GB. I just got to see how things run w/ a 35FPS or 40FPS external framerate lock on while in the Batmobile. If it's fine, I'll leave it there. I'm fine w/ that.

Madjoki has 3.5 GB 970 - and I think that's his issue. If he's got things at first section on max, no wonder he has the slowdowns + stutters he does. :( And if he has VSync On - that might not help, either.

This game just runs like garbage for most, when maxed-out.

EDIT:

Seems to be sticking around 34-40 frames here in the Batmobile w/ framerate limit of 40FPS w/ MSI Afterburner w/ everything at 1080p w/ first Non-NVidia section all maxed except VSync is Off. This is passable.

Not all of the games and prices have flipped, yet, right?

I mean, seriously yo. This is worse than that time there was a really bad Steam sale. Remember then?

bread's done
Back