Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My Fallout 4 review:

Well, after 71 hours of Fallout 4, I beat it. I was originally going to make a save and play through all the faction endings, but after doing one I realized I am god damn sick of this game. The dialogue and choices are frustrating, the factions are dumb, and the characters are annoying. The balance feels totally off. Most encounters have you one-shotting enemies and then some enemies are bullet sponges. There might be a sweet spot with a different difficulty, but more likely it will be up to mods to fix it. Making settlements is actually very cool, but they tend to be super janky, have a pretty low building cap (without mods), and require way too much annoying micromanagement to make them useful at all. The shooting is improved over 3 and New Vegas, but it is still strictly worse than any other FPS series and it really isn't even close. 

The environment is huge and impressive, but it can be annoying to navigate pre-jetpack. The enemies are basically all the same ones from previous games in the series. I don't remember a single new creature type at all. Every encounter that might have been interesting in this game is basically just go someplace where stuff attacks you, kill it all, loot it all, move on. Even the new factions are mostly shoot on sight. The music is great, but I have had songs stuck in my head for days now, and I am sick to death of them. 

In summation: wait for the complete pack in a few years. By then, mods will fix everything wrong with the game and make it better in so many ways (they already help some). 

Score: MORE LIKE BUTTMAN AM I RIGHT

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst thing about Fallout 4 is that now he's finished, DocSquatch will go back to annihilating me at Words With Friends.

More like BUTTS WITH FRIENDS, amirite?

Guys. Guys, c'mon. Really? Words With Butts? Butts With Friends?

You're better than this, guys.

It's obviously more like BUTTS WITH BUTTS, mirite?

Guys. Guys, c'mon. Really? Words With Butts? Butts With Friends?

You're better than this, guys.

It's obviously more like BUTTS WITH BUTTS, mirite?
I giggled at that way more than I should have.
NSFW
d28cbda3c4adc3cf82b22ea1d25f7bbf.jpg

My Fallout 4 review:

Well, after 71 hours of Fallout 4, I beat it. I was originally going to make a save and play through all the faction endings, but after doing one I realized I am god damn sick of this game. The dialogue and choices are frustrating, the factions are dumb, and the characters are annoying. The balance feels totally off. Most encounters have you one-shotting enemies and then some enemies are bullet sponges. There might be a sweet spot with a different difficulty, but more likely it will be up to mods to fix it. Making settlements is actually very cool, but they tend to be super janky, have a pretty low building cap (without mods), and require way too much annoying micromanagement to make them useful at all. The shooting is improved over 3 and New Vegas, but it is still strictly worse than any other FPS series and it really isn't even close.

The environment is huge and impressive, but it can be annoying to navigate pre-jetpack. The enemies are basically all the same ones from previous games in the series. I don't remember a single new creature type at all. Every encounter that might have been interesting in this game is basically just go someplace where stuff attacks you, kill it all, loot it all, move on. Even the new factions are mostly shoot on sight. The music is great, but I have had songs stuck in my head for days now, and I am sick to death of them.

In summation: wait for the complete pack in a few years. By then, mods will fix everything wrong with the game and make it better in so many ways (they already help some).

Score: MORE LIKE BUTTMAN AM I RIGHT
About open-world sandbox games w/ usually (seemingly) unimportant main-stories + char-development that ain't going to keep you playing like Skyrim; TDU2; and Far Cry 3+4 - you play it for a bit (could be 5 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours, whatever your fill is); then when you start to get bored then you go away from it; and then go back to the game when it will call you back. Bethesda games normally ain't hard/difficult to play and can get repetitive after ridiculous numbers sunk into them in a row. With all of that given, dropping a game like those for a while and then coming back to them a bit later shouldn't really be much of a problem.

Maybe do one whole faction side quest string; a bit of exploring; a little bit of the main quest; and then get the hell away from it for a bit.

Let's face it - Skyrim was NOT a major evolution over Morrowind + Oblivion (I think all of those are great, even despite not-so-major improvements b/c you can sink lots of time into them in total + there's tons of content - just it's best not to blow through in one whole long-winded play); and it looks like many feel Fallout 4 is not much of improvement/evolution (if it even is that at all) over Fallout 3/New Vegas.

While I don't think much can fix Bethesda's dialogue/prose/writing + character-development (they ain't nowhere on Obsidian + BioWare's level there) - did you use this mod to show-off the actual lines of dialogue before-hand instead of the keywords/short-hand?

Also - jank is par for the course w/ Bethesda. Whether its their animations, their UI, and (often) their combat [sounds like FO4 got better w/ combat] - while it might get better each iteration, jank is often is to be expected with them.

Fallout 4 is a lateral move.  Looks nicer (hey, you can have attractive people without mods or squinting real hard), nice world with stuff to do, I'm actually in favor of a shift more towards real-time shooting vs VATS and more VATS.  I'm agnostic towards the SPECIAL/Perks changes.  No one at Bethesda can come up with a better way to simulate picking locks or hacking terminals but at least they're not some obnoxious pipe game a la Bioshock or Watchdogs.  I'm disappointed that nothing is really locked behind skills -- no alternate quest endings or shortcuts if you have Medicine: 90 and can immediately cure the sick girl.  I didn't think about it but I think Sasquatch is right about enemy types.  Aside from Radstags and I don't remember if there was a lobster style mirelurk in previous games, nothing new to see.  I like the weapon and armor modding system including legendary items.

I like my companions in this game more than in previous games and actually want to hang around some of them.  In previous games I almost always traveled alone because the companions offered nothing to my experience.  Romances manage to be positive and negative.  I like that they're added -- I don't need to live vicariously through doinking pixel-people but a good romantic subplot reminds me of a movie, novel or fairy tale.  But the romances in FO4 are shallow even by Bethesda quest standards.  Points for effort, I guess.  Settlements, I personally dislike but I'm free to ignore them so it's a net neutral to me.

Anyway, I don't feel the wrath that some players (generally, not 'Squatch) have at the game changes and don't agree with some who say how it's not a "real" Fallout game.  Game worlds to me are more about milieu than mechanics.  But I also agree that FO4 doesn't bring anything significantly new or improved to justify umpteen years of development or hype.  I like it, I have probably 100ish hours in it, but it's not a "Need this on Day One even for $60" sort of title and I'd probably feel less warmly had I spent $60 on it instead of $30.

Hey guys,

I have some extra bundle keys I'll probably be giving away soon, nothing good really, but was just wondering the best way to give em out? I was thinking posting a list and then requiring you to quote a motoki post and then list what you want and then I'd PM it to Motoki who would confirm it was you and then PM and tell me it was confirmed and then I would PM it to Motoki so he could add you on Steam and DM you the code.

Motoki,

You down?

Also, don't Gilby the special anniversary pricing on Indie Gala.  It goes away in about 45 minutes.  I picked up two bundles with a few games I wanted because ain't nobody got time for Blade to finish his Domino's and send out those happy hour bundles. 

Also, don't Gilby the special anniversary pricing on Indie Gala. It goes away in about 45 minutes. I picked up two bundles with a few games I wanted because ain't nobody got time for Blade to finish his Domino's and send out those happy hour bundles.
Good looking out on this.

I'mma go buy a few of these.

"MMO Driving Game"... such vomit inducement.
I thought the demo for The Crew was decent enough. [shrug]

I suggest if you are curious, check the demo out (on UPLAY or Steam) and see if it's decent enough for you.

Since this is a Complete Ed, I am quite tempted here at 75% off.

Certainly, this is easily the cheapest The Crew: Complete Ed has been if you ask ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=crewcompleteedition

If we split it up from ITAD and you want to see cheapest each content piece has been:

The Crew (base-game) -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=crew

The Crew: Season Pass -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=crewseasonpass

The Crew: Wild Run [expansion] -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=crewwildrunexpansion

I just bought it and probably haven't been this excited to play a racing game ever.  Activated fine.  You get two keys, one for the base game and one for the season pass.  Uplay never shows the Wild Run expansion activating, but when you check your library it shows as owned.  DLing now at 24GBs.  

I'm actually interested in Funk of the Titans and Shofer Race Driver if anyone is interested in getting 8 other games and wants to split the HRK bundle.

And The Crew is ready to play despite still needing 17GBs to DL.  Say what you say about Uplay vs. Steam, but that's one super cool feature Steam doesn't have.  

Trying to buy The Crew:

Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
Important message about the item you would like to purchase
We noticed you're shopping from United States. This item is currently unavailable for customers shopping from United States.
WTF?

Now it just says unavailable. Guess it sold out.

So I check the last page of the thread, see mention of there being some sort of good deal on The Crew and I get excited.. then I go back and see you guys are talking about Ewplay codes. h8 u gaise.

It's been long enough that the complete edition of The Crew will be 75% off on Steam soon enough.

So I check the last page of the thread, see mention of there being some sort of good deal on The Crew and I get excited.. then I go back and see you guys are talking about Ewplay codes. h8 u gaise.

It's been long enough that the complete edition of The Crew will be 75% off soon enough.
sour grapes, spoder?

Trying to buy The Crew:

WTF?

Looks like it's current unavailable. :(

Maybe it sold out; or they made an error/glitch + caught it so they pulled it down.

EDIT:

Looks like Syntax edited his post as I was making mine, heh.

Trying to buy The Crew:

WTF?

It keeps going in and out of availability. I'm getting the no US purchase too though, guess you need to put in a foreign address.

The expansion was just released last month and even though it didn't sell well, knowing Ubi, I doubt they will drop it that fast on Steam.

sour grapes, spoder?
Meant to say that I only care for the Steam version, edited my post.

The expansion was just released last month and even though it didn't sell well, knowing Ubi, I doubt they will drop it that fast on Steam.
Trials Fusion Awesome Max edition (with new DLC added) hit 75% off on steam. Wouldn't surprise me if the same happens to The Crew.

Looks like The Crew: Season Pass is mostly cars/vehicles of different types; 19 of them in total.

The Crew: Wild Run Edition is still $10 and has both The Crew [base] + WR Expansion, but doesn't have the Season Pass.

So, I guess the real question now is this for The Crew - is the Season Pass even worth having for those 19 cars?

Should I just save $5 and go for The Crew: WIld Run Edition?

Or maybe buy SP later if it bricks even more dirt-cheap?

The Final Fantasy 7 remake is suppose to drop on PC today. I'm not sure if it will hit on Steam or not. It looks pretty amazing.
wat

I looked for it and couldn't find it. Why are you doing this, fridge man? I would have bought that quicker than Don Corneo at the Honey Bee Inn.

Bought The Crew during thanksgiving, it felt a lot like TDU2. So if you liked that game, you'll probably like this one. There aren't a very large selection of cars but I haven't played that much yet, so maybe they unlock later. There's a bunch of random events you can jump into while you're driving around the map (which is pretty big) that fit in pretty seamlessly (no loading screen to start/finish the event). Seems like a pretty decent amount of content (and they have daily/weekly/monthly goals with rewards) but I've heard it can get grindy later on. If any bros want to add me on uplay it's "z3nii".

bread's done
Back