Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Free Steam Games:

Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China - EY7G0-2K68M-JYEVA

Battle vs Chess - MJ9N2-ZHJD3-D70X0

GemCraft - Chasing Shadows - 8NBD0-KMZ0P-RMCCB

Lichdom: Battlemage - 6KE33-Z5268-Q04E8

any skylanders deals where i have to drive 20 miles, talk to some fat old lady and give her my special card, then drive two states over trade it in to some hipster at gamestop to make $5?  

Whatever happened to the posts of the daily deal on steam in this thread?

any skylanders deals where i have to drive 20 miles, talk to some fat old lady and give her my special card, then drive two states over trade it in to some hipster at gamestop to make $5?

You forgot the breakfast cereal.

Neuro only slums on CAG, these days, since he got discovered as a videogame themed underwear model and spokesman for Cheez-Its. The White Cheddar ones, specifically. Thread updates are way too much to ask of someone who's crotch bulge makes Mario look like he's breaking blocks.

Edit:

I'm off to Best Buy, then Wal-Mart, back to Best Buy, over to GameStop and then to Target to whore out my granny's sweet old Annie for 500 Loyalty points which I digest and regurgitate for a 10% off all new releases that begin with letter L code, that's only active every time I spit in an AIDS patient's face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake of installing Euro Truck Simulator 2 from my backlog. At first, it seems so tedious since most of what you do is stare at a road and do the same things over and over again. (and I CAN'T STOP playing it).

I wake up thinking about playing it. I'm counting down the days until I and my two drivers get the loan paid off so I can kick expansion into high gear.

I have my eye on the DLC and now want the new American Truck Simulator. God help me, I even looked at PC gaming steering wheels. This is a fine example of why you should never install a game EVER.
As an ETS2 fan, have to warn you to not play Elite: Dangerous..ever (if you haven't yet).

Neuro only slums on CAG, these days, since he got discovered as a videogame themed underwear model and spokesman for Cheez-Its. The White Cheddar ones, specifically. Thread updates are way too much to ask of someone who's crotch bulge makes Mario look like he's breaking blocks.

I had a bit of a chill go up my spine as I was eating white cheddar cheeze-its while reading this post. Now I will forever associate their tasty goodness with Neuro's man bulge.

Thanks to Drabe because he gave me a way to stop terrorists. If you don't get the reference: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575873425

LCLKBBQ.jpg

Hey, I'd like to solicit some thoughts from hardware people. My brother does most of his gaming on his PS4, but he likes to play the occasional strategy or old-school RPG game on a PC. He just bought something like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/6804123.p?id=1219666803600&skuId=6804123.

Now we both know that this is very weak hardware, but he's not looking to play The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 on it. He would be playing things like the following: Civilization V, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Cults and Daggers, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and maybe Civ: Beyond Earth. What do y'all think? Would it choke on any of these?

Hey, I'd like to solicit some thoughts from hardware people. My brother does most of his gaming on his PS4, but he likes to play the occasional strategy or old-school RPG game on a PC. He just bought something like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g50-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-4gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/6804123.p?id=1219666803600&skuId=6804123.

Now we both know that this is very weak hardware, but he's not looking to play The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 on it. He would be playing things like the following: Civilization V, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Cults and Daggers, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and maybe Civ: Beyond Earth. What do y'all think? Would it choke on any of these?
Should be fine. Synnarc can probably play some of those on his refrigerator

Alright just FYI it's the end of the year so it's time to declare game of the year.

My game of the year is nothing.

No game is worth it.

fuck this year.

fuck video games.

Actually I forgot my list.

Alright just FYI it's the end of the year so it's time to declare game of the year.

My game of the year is nothing.

No game is worth it.

fuck this year.

fuck video games.

Actually I forgot my list.
dude FOR REAL how many times do i have to remind you hunie pop was released this year?

hope i didn't hurt your whore feelings

At least that many times, it seems and probably a couple more to boot.

Huniepop for life. GotY all years.

I don't think I've played a single game that came out this year...

I was about to correct myself and say Reaper of Souls (Diablo III expansion) but that came out last year... lol
true cheapass life.

Top games I played that came out this year in no particular order and at the top of my head

Hotline Miami 2

Splatoon

Rocket League

Killing Floor 2 if early access release counts

true cheapass life.
Some of this... but not really. When I gamed on consoles I use to get a large number of games day 1 and even *gasp!* preordered. But with the way PC game prices go I stopped doing that as much... And when Valve killed Russian traders... I stopped doing it entirely.

Actually, I did play a game that came out this on PC year... Dead or Alive 5. Last game I got from a Russian before the "day the traders cried" came to be. (Though I wouldn't really consider it a new game.)

Honestly, still curious to know if Valve closing off the traders hurt PC revenue or helped. I know I just buy less over all and suspect I'm not the only one.

A lot of the stuff you're going to find in the free category is going to be F2P/MMO type stuff. If you're open to that, Spiral Knights is decent and there's usually a lot of kids playing.

Otherwise there's Relic Hunters Zero, Heroine's Quest and Eternal Senia for just strictly free and not Free to Play games that are halfway decent. The first episode of Grimm is also free though you'll have to pay for the subsequent ones.
Thanks I"ll check those out. F2P MMO"s preobably aren't a great idea. Her mom doesn't really monitor her stuff, but more importantly their internet conection sucks ass. Its some weak ass DSL that im not sure would work well with an MMO. I guess i could try Spiral Knight and see how it runs over there. Most of the games you suggested looked pretty goo dthough i think Eternal Senia might be too much of a regular RPG for her, i dont know if she likes those.

Anyone have any other decent Free games for a kid they can suggest? Hows clicker heroes? Or is that too complicated?

As someone mentioned it should be ok. It just barely meets the requirements for some of those games though so dont expect them to run super well

Anyone have any other decent Free games for a kid they can suggest? Hows clicker heroes? Or is that too complicated?
Clicker Heroes isn't especially complicated, but I'm not sure how long it would hold the interest of a young person. It appeals to an oddball sort of person that enjoys tedium (me!). It's colorful and easy to pick up though, so it wouldn't be a bad place to start.

I didn't catch the part about why you wanted them to be free. There are loads of cheap bundles that would offer a good start. You could also find lots of really cheap games in the trade thread. Heck, if it really came down to it, I'm sure some of the more generous CAGs around here might have a few games from our duplicate key lists to donate if we knew the types of games she liked to play.

Anyone know any good free STEAM games for a 10 year old? I was kinda browsing through some of them but theres just so much shit there it seems. I snagged Spooky's house of jump scares, any other ideas?
You might have to help them get started but Marvel Heroes: 2015 would be an easy recommendation... I think. It plays like Diablo. Spending some money helps but its very playable without sending a dime. All characters can be unlocked via free in game currency and I think you can pick your starting hero from darn near the whole roster. (I think the newest two are locked at the start.)

Guys guys guys.

The discount of Steam community market items ends tomorrow.

The sale is starting on the 20-somethingth (I've seen it "confirmed", I think it was for the 22nd).

That leaves something like a week before the sale starts.

It's almost as if they're planning to...

DO SOMETHING

Right? Right?

Help me here I have a gem buying addiction and I need the voices to stop.

Guys guys guys.

The discount of Steam community market items ends tomorrow.

The sale is starting on the 20-somethingth (I've seen it "confirmed", I think it was for the 22nd).

That leaves something like a week before the sale starts.

It's almost as if they're planning to...

DO SOMETHING

Right? Right?

Help me here I have a gem buying addiction and I need the voices to stop.
Go buy gems so that we can laugh at you when there aren't any auctions

Circle jerk and no one invited me?

Anyways, since this place is dead I'd like to fill it with more hardware talk.

SSDs fuckING SUCK.

Seriously.  The first time I tried to use an SSD as a boot drive years ago it never worked quite well, filled up too quickly, and was as slow or slower than my regular HDD.  I decide to give it a second try and order a bigger one over black friday.  I've followed all the guides, cloned my boot drive to it, set it as my boot drive... AND IT IS fuckING SLOWER THAN MY HDD!

Seriously.

I've run the programs, all say the drive is in good health.  I've run all the guides to optimize Windows 10 for an SSD.  Yet, this sucker is still taking longer to boot up than my HDD.  My HDD would boot to the windows screen and log in in seconds.  This boots to a windows screen with a turning wheel thing apparently loading or doing some bullshit.  It takes a full 2.5 minutes before my icons show up on my desktop and 3.5 minutes before Chrome loads up.  fuck SSDs.  

SSDs fuckING SUCK.

Seriously. The first time I tried to use an SSD as a boot drive years ago it never worked quite well, filled up too quickly, and was as slow or slower than my regular HDD. I decide to give it a second try and order a bigger one over black friday. I've followed all the guides, cloned my boot drive to it, set it as my boot drive... AND IT IS fuckING SLOWER THAN MY HDD!

Seriously.

I've run the programs, all say the drive is in good health. I've run all the guides to optimize Windows 10 for an SSD. Yet, this sucker is still taking longer to boot up than my HDD. My HDD would boot to the windows screen and log in in seconds. This boots to a windows screen with a turning wheel thing apparently loading or doing some bullshit. It takes a full 2.5 minutes before my icons show up on my desktop and 3.5 minutes before Chrome loads up. fuck SSDs.
Hmm not sure why....have you turned it off then on again? Try to brofist it harder?

SSDs fuckING SUCK.

Seriously. The first time I tried to use an SSD as a boot drive years ago it never worked quite well, filled up too quickly, and was as slow or slower than my regular HDD. I decide to give it a second try and order a bigger one over black friday. I've followed all the guides, cloned my boot drive to it, set it as my boot drive... AND IT IS fuckING SLOWER THAN MY HDD!

Seriously.

I've run the programs, all say the drive is in good health. I've run all the guides to optimize Windows 10 for an SSD. Yet, this sucker is still taking longer to boot up than my HDD. My HDD would boot to the windows screen and log in in seconds. This boots to a windows screen with a turning wheel thing apparently loading or doing some bullshit. It takes a full 2.5 minutes before my icons show up on my desktop and 3.5 minutes before Chrome loads up. fuck SSDs.
It may also be worth checking for BIOS updates for your motherboard. I had a similar issue when I upgraded my SSD and a BIOS update fixed it (go figure).

holy moly, a lot of circle jerking going on in here.

Bundle Stars has quite a big on sale today, highlight for me is the excellent Baldurs Gate: EE 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale: EE all for $6.
You mean $6 each. All for $6 implies there's a bundle that includes all three games for $6 total. LOL

SSDs fuckING SUCK.

Seriously.

Depending on the age of the drive, it may actually run best with about 50% available space. If you have it near full, that could be causing your problem. Also, run an optimize operation in windows - kind of the SSD version of a defrag. Could make a difference. Search from Start menu for Optimize. This will clean up any leftover crap on the drive.

bread's done
Back