Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So are there any must have's from the Steam "Sale"? Or am I buying Hurtworld instead of other shit.
There has been a real lack of buyers guides this year. Not that most of them are ever any good, people always suggesting the same shit like South Park Stick of Truth or indies that we all still already know. I am planning on getting through my steam back log in a HUGE way this year and am thinking I might start putting together a massive what to buy guide for next years sale. Too many good games like Nation Red are never given a chance and just as many great games like Deathspank and Ghostmaster people intend to pick up and forget forever. Steam has soooo many great neglected games just buried to be found and gaming news sites do a piss poor job helping us gamers find them!

What kind of games you trying to find btw?

I assume everyone not waiting for a $5 price already bought it off a banana boat or redeemed SlowBroBux for it or something but Cities: Skylines is $9 from DLGamer which looks like the lowest it's been for an above the counter transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hidden gems are a thing of the past, especially in the context of CAG.  We'd be talking games that are at all time lows and 75% off or better, not likely to be bundled, and that we've actually played and were good.  

Hidden gems are a thing of the past, especially in the context of CAG. We'd be talking games that are at all time lows and 75% off or better, not likely to be bundled, and that we've actually played and were good.
Yeah, there are maybe 3 or so games that I don't own that were mentioned in that reddit thread.. Most of those games were bundled

Something that would qualify would be Thrillville Off the Rails, and other such games that are part of the backlogs of major publishers. Far less chance of something like that getting bundled than an indie game. Something by Square Enix is more risky though.

Or of course if something is cheap enough that even if it got bundled, it wouldn't matter anyways.

I'm curious to know if anyone bought anything on the discovery queue while playing the clickr game to get holiday sales cards?
Not me b/c....

LaJ9Kmo.gif

Hidden gems are a thing of the past, especially in the context of CAG. We'd be talking games that are at all time lows and 75% off or better, not likely to be bundled, and that we've actually played and were good.
Which are near impossible standard considering nobody knows at this point what will get bundled since so much has, even things we never thought would be, and also most of us realistically don't play our games unless it's some multiplayer get together thing.

That being said, couple of things I got that I hadn't seen mentioned on the thread. Probably won't meet the rigorous standards of people who are using to getting indie games for 10 cents each in a bundle and using vpns to fake being Russian or Brazilian to get commie or 3rd world pricing for the rest, but nonetheless.

Flyhunter Origins - $1.74 at 75% off. Nice looking 3d modern platformer that isn't all retro. Got good reviews, the few that are there. No I haven't played it yet. :p Publisher has bundled stuff before (Kytt Underground, Really Big Sky) but on the other hand they also released Ironcast in March (great game btw) and have yet to bundle that.

Dovetail Games Franchise Collection - 80% off at $14.99. I realize that's too rich for most people's blood here but I'll throw it out there anyway. Has Euro Fishing, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Train Simulator (which most people have) and then 4 different DLC tracks for Train Simulator that aren't the usual ones that have been in bundles or cheap packs from the 2016 Steam Train Simulator bundle which most people here don't have since we got an earlier year's version with different tracks.

Also the Warhammer 40K Dawn of War Franchise pack at Gamersgate for $7.28 on the Russian store is a good deal if you missed that on prior sales since it includes a whole bunch of stuff, but that does require a bit of minor hoop jumping.

I bought a few other things here and there but a lot of stuff I just don't mention because the standards here are basically if it's more than 3 cents GTFO (not literally; that's hyperbole but you get my drift) so a lot of times I just find little hidden deals here and there and don't mention it.

My hidden gems are still Downwell ($2, falling with style quick arcade game.), Aces Wild (Like if Treasure made God Hand, $2), and Streets of Fury EX ($7.50, still getting updates but an intense, combo-heavy Guardian Heroes style beat-em-up.)

Which are near impossible standard considering nobody knows at this point what will get bundled since so much has, even things we never thought would be, and also most of us realistically don't play our games unless it's some multiplayer get together thing.

That being said, couple of things I got that I hadn't seen mentioned on the thread. Probably won't meet the rigorous standards of people who are using to getting indie games for 10 cents each in a bundle and using vpns to fake being Russian or Brazilian to get commie or 3rd world pricing for the rest, but nonetheless.

Flyhunter Origins - $1.74 at 75% off. Nice looking 3d modern platformer that isn't all retro. Got good reviews, the few that are there. No I haven't played it yet. :p Publisher has bundled stuff before (Kytt Underground, Really Big Sky) but on the other hand they also released Ironcast in March (great game btw) and have yet to bundle that.

Dovetail Games Franchise Collection - 80% off at $14.99. I realize that's too rich for most people's blood here but I'll throw it out there anyway. Has Euro Fishing, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Train Simulator (which most people have) and then 3 different DLC tracks for Train Simulator that aren't the usual ones that have been in bundles or cheap packs.

Also the Warhammer 40K Dawn of War Franchise pack at Gamersgate for $7.28 on the Russian store is a good deal if you missed that on prior sales since it includes a whole bunch of stuff, but that does require a bit of minor hoop jumping.

I bought a few other things here and there but a lot of stuff I just don't mention because the standards here are basically if it's more than 3 cents GTFO (not literally; that's hyperbole but you get my drift) so a lot of times I just find little hidden deals here and there and don't mention it.
Thanks Motoki - always appreciate when you post finds like this.

Any good gems in the sub-$2 range? I am interested in Marc Ecko's Getting Up or Postal 2 Paradise Lost. Just checking to see if there are any others I may have skipped over while checking Steam.

There is a legitimate chance I will go without buying anything this sale. I got a steam wallet code as a gift though so I'm debating if i want to use it to splurge and fakeybro something

Last thing I bought on Steam was that Hercules game for 15¢ a couple weeks ago. Sadly, I think Titanfall for $5 will be my best purchase of the season.
I always end up dumbassbroing some random thing on Steam, but I'm having a hard time finding anything on my wishlist more than 70% off. I Am Weapon: Revival is 90% off, but it jumped so cheap I think a bundle is imminent. Apparently, I Am Weapon is a different game which I own on Amazon and which the Desura version was bundled. I also want Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 but I would need some more dumbassbros so join me in my dumbassery so I could actually play it.

Amazon has gotten my money for Cities Skylines: After Dark, Rogue Legacy, Titanfall, and probably Tembo the Dumbass Elephant. I got Never Alone from IG to get the bonus keys (Nail'd and scratch off) but I know it will be bundled soon.

If you guys want some stuff to potentially dumbassbro:

Nevermind - looks cool but you really need VR to take advantage of it.

Deathtrap - all time low price I think

Grim Fandango Remastered - 80% off

Blackhole - looks neat - good to buy on IG to get bonus game (Bedlam now) and scratch off.

Dispatcher - 60% off, recent release, good reviews

The Flock - 75% off

Dark Matter - 80% off

Postal 2 Paradise Lost DLC - 75% off (likely getting this myself)

How to Survive 2 and Dead State (Both 70% off)

Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is only 50% off but it is so cheap anyway $2.49 or $1.88 in a 4 pack. Has good reviews and would be great for a bro night. Let's have a dumbassbro night!

Grim Fandango Remastered - 80% off
I thought about it but I just feel like anything Tim Schafer is going to be in 10,000 more sales way more so than your average 'oh that will probably get bundled' game. He's been holding back on bundling it so far but he can only bundle Psychonauts and Costume Quest so many times.

Or can he?

Another potential cheap buy would be OlliOlli 2, with the Alienware coupon, which is about to expire at the end of this year. The bundle danger is higher, being published by Devolver Digital, but at least their games tend to be discounted heavily. The MSRP of some of there games is too high still, however.

And regarding Grim Fandango, the LucasArts Monkey Island games haven't been bundled at all, but because this one is published by Double Fine, the bundle odds are way higher. Heard its a mediocre port anyways.

I thought about it but I just feel like anything Tim Schafer is going to be in 10,000 more sales way more so than your average 'oh that will probably get bundled' game. He's been holding back on bundling it so far but he can only bundle Psychonauts and Costume Quest so many times.

Or can he?
I'm thinking he hasn't bundled it yet because of Disney. But at this point, 80% off is pretty close to a bundle tier price anyway.

Another potential cheap buy would be OlliOlli 2, with the Alienware coupon, which is about to expire at the end of this year. The bundle danger is higher, being published by Devolver Digital, but at least their games tend to be discounted heavily. The MSRP of some of there games is too high still, however.

And regarding Grim Fandango, the LucasArts Monkey Island games haven't been bundled at all, but because this one is published by Double Fine, the bundle odds are way higher. Heard its a mediocre port anyways.
Devolver games get heavy discounts but they NEVER drop MSRP so a 75% Devolver drop is like a 50% real developer drop.

Isn't Depth better than Shark Attack Deathmatch 2? I don't think you can even play as a shark yet in Shark Attack..
depth is the better game, but it is $6. LOL

u cannot play as shark in shark attack deathmatch 2

depth is the better game, but it is $6. LOL

u cannot play as shark in shark attack deathmatch 2
It's 4.69 in a 4 pack, a difference of $2.81. I'm all for cheap games, but when the difference is that small and you can get a much better game, I think Depth is the better deal.

It's 4.69 in a 4 pack, a difference of $2.81. I'm all for cheap games, but when the difference is that small and you can get a much better game, I think Depth is the better deal.
Well, in terms of dollars the difference might not be a lot, but in terms of percentage you are talking like over 100% more compared to $1.88.

I'm curious to know if anyone bought anything on the discovery queue while playing the clickr game to get holiday sales cards?
I did add a few things to my wishlist, so that's nice. I also went through my wishlist and removed a bunch of stuff that looked cool when I first saw them but now have scathing reviews.

Or can he?
I considered this before I bought Grim Fandango Remastered, but I decided that I already own so much Double Fine stuff that it would be pointless to buy another just for that game.

Dovetail Games Franchise Collection - 80% off at $14.99. I realize that's too rich for most people's blood here but I'll throw it out there anyway. Has Euro Fishing, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Train Simulator (which most people have) and then 3 different DLC tracks for Train Simulator that aren't the usual ones that have been in bundles or cheap packs.
Umm. Those track packs are same as in 2016 edition. That is 7€, so it's cheap.

I take back what I said, Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is better in every way, and I'll be brofisting it with you guys in January

Fox totally didn't just gift it to me

Umm. Those track packs are same as in 2016 edition. That is 7€, so it's cheap.
y u hav to shit on cornflax?

The page didn't make it entirely clear those packs come with 2016 since it lists them separately in the Dovetail pack but I went and looked it up.

Anyway I had the base from a long time ago and so I didn't have those tracks that come with 2016. It's $9 American money for the 2016 pack plus the $5 each for the Flight Sim and Fishing so it's still a bit of a savings.

It's fine with me. I didn't have anything but the base train sim so those track packs and fishing and flight sims I'm fine with paying $15 for. I actually wanted to spend my Steam wallet and all, not be Scrooge McDuck with it. :p

The bros just schedule their first event for 2016 - Life is Feudal on January 7th. Do you really want to be the only bro not there?  Sponsored by Discord and Domino's Pizza.  Discord, Domino's and Shitty Survival games - Now that's a threesome I want to be a part of.  

Yea Depth is really good and cheap too now, fun multiplayer. With the Alienware coupon, OlliOlli 2 only costs like $1.30 lol. I have a Dropsy coupon that i won't be using so if anyone wants it, just lemme know. It's 33% off and expires on jan 1st, 2016. 

Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 is only 50% off but it is so cheap anyway $2.49 or $1.88 in a 4 pack. Has good reviews and would be great for a bro night. Let's have a dumbassbro night!
You (and beer) got me to make my first purchase of the sale. Just picked up a 4-pack, but I won't be around on the night you scheduled it.

The bros just schedule their first event for 2016 - Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 on January 7th. Do you really want to be the only bro not there? For $1.88 you can continue to be one of the cool bros in 2016. Start your new year off right and get your fat, lazy asses off your couch and to your computer to buy Shark Attack Deathmatch 2. Sponsored by Discord and Domino's Pizza. Discord, Domino's and Deathmatch - Now that's a threesome I want to be a part of.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Depth is fun, should do one of them nights, you old slut.

You (and beer) got me to make my first purchase of the sale. Just picked up a 4-pack, but I won't be around on the night you scheduled it.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Depth is fun, should do one of them nights, you old slut.
When will you be available? We'll reschedule and do Life is Feudal on the 7th instead. Bros before schedules.

The addict in me feels like I didn't get enough games this sale, but the pragmatist realizes I'll be playing Fallout and Ark until summer anyways.

bread's done
Back