Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is thrown out there a lot on this thread (haven't seen it though, IIRC). Best place for cheap external HDDs? Need some system backup stuff! I'd assume Amazon but thought I'd double check. #slowtimeofthethread
Yeah, the best place I've found lately is amazon. My gf just bought me a 5tb seagate with 200gb of Onedrive for 2 years for my birthday earlier this month:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Desktop-External-Storage-STDT5000100/dp/B00J0O5R2I/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1451222257&sr=1-2&keywords=seagate+5tb

It was 109 when she grabbed it, but $114 now. I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

Wish they would stop making Survival games!

because my stupid friends keep buying them, then I end up getting it too

Was rust, then H1Z1, then ARK, now Hurtworld -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Another #9 card... Yay!
photo-thumb-486896.jpg

So what's up with the cards this sale?  Do they not make a badge?

I have 3 from each day, but only 2 are actual "cards" per say, they don't have numbers.  Also got a #10 foil that sell for jackshit.

Well, this is embarrassing. After all these years on Steam of mouse wheeling items from the bottom of my wishlist to the top I just realized you can type the desired position in the numerical box.

So what's up with the cards this sale? Do they not make a badge?

I have 3 from each day, but only 2 are actual "cards" per say, they don't have numbers. Also got a #10 foil that sell for jackshit.
They do craft into badges. The ones that are numbers correspond to each day of the sale. At the top of the steam store page there's that Northpole Noir comic and each day they add another page. Each new page will have an element to it that will be added to one of the numbered cards. You can just craft the badge though without having to worry about what the image behind the numbers are.

Also the foil cards are worth jackshit because all the cards are dead common seeing how easy they are to get without actual effort involved. Well except the "Holly" card which actually rose in price quite quickly once people saw it had a female character on it. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
I know I'm not the first one to notice this, but...

SHADOW OF MORDOR IS 43 GIG AND THAT'S fuckING STUPID.

I'm going to be installing this sucker all day.
Expect this to be more common-place on AAA titles with HD stuff; and/or lots of textures, audio, content, and/or whatnot.

FF13 takes up 62.28GB; NBA 2K15 is around 54GB; Titanfall with Season Pass [on Origin] is around 63GB; WWE 2K15 is around 36GB; Bioshock Infinite with Season Pass is around 45GB; ESO [Non-Steam] is around 44 GB; ACU (Uplay) is around 50 GB almost.

EDIT:

Did you DL the extra HD graphics pack? I'm reading SoM with HD Pack & all DLC's is actually 54GB:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/241930/discussions/0/517142253861635242/#c517142253861656731

oh gawd someone got D started on another one of his pet topics, install sizes.

I have gigabit internet so I don't even think about that anymore, but I guess for those in the boondocks of murica or Europe or something it's a thing.

Oh and re: trading. It said now you had have the damned mobile auth on for like week or your trade gets held up for days or something. I just said fuck it and bought the one card I needed for 7 cents.

FWIW I was thinking more grabbing it for her to pay me back since she wasn't around and probably wouldn't mess with Putining anyway and I don't mind Putining for other people anyway as long as they don't wear furry suits.

But I've gifted her games in the past and she's gifted me games as well. I've also gifted plenty of people with a penis games. Hell, I gave away like 50 copies of Coconut Queen that one summer and that was mostly a sausage fest.
Please don't gift me with a penis game.

Oh and re: trading. It said now you had have the damned mobile auth on for like week or your trade gets held up for days or something. I just said fuck it and bought the one card I needed for 7 cents.
Thanks, I was starting to consider digging through and find those who needed my doubles and had extras of the ones I needed... (That interface is horrible by the way... I should be able to see who needs my dupes also. Not that anyone is going to do trades anymore.)

I have gigabit internet so I don't even think about that anymore, but I guess for those in the boondocks of murica or Europe or something it's a thing.
Or unless your ISP caps your data allotment monthly and starts charging you for overages...

Thanks, I was starting to consider digging through and find those who needed my doubles and had extras of the ones I needed... (That interface is horrible by the way... I should be able to see who needs my dupes also. Not that anyone is going to do trades anymore.)
I always spend an inordinate amount of time figuring out who has an doubles of what I need and doesn't have a card that I have doubles of. Did that again this year. Saw the waiting period shit and gave up.

In a way, they saved me a lot of trouble spending way too much time trying to figure out their shitty trade system when I can just 'buy' the damned card for 7 Gabe cents.

I really hope hal blew a gasket by now
Sorry to disappoint. :cry: I actually don't care all that much. But it was fun seeing the reactions and now I feel a little giddy and vaguely trollish.

On an unrelated note, I find that I have actually been playing games during this Steam "sale" instead of fretting over expiring deals every day. I've purchased 6 games and 1 DLC this entire sale, which is less than a tenth of what I've bought before -- so well-played Steam!

One of the games I've been playing most is Prison Architect. I've passed over it in my Library in the past because it looks like a game that requires you to look at a lot of screens with fiddly options. Turns out it does have lots of fiddly options, but underneath is a pretty entertaining game. I didn't even mind the first time my prisoners rioted and burned down the kitchen and lunch room.

If you've passed over it in the past because it looks suspiciously like a dry business management sim, then give it another look. The campaign is pretty decent and does a nice job of introducing concepts at a reasonable pace. You'll have to YouTube on occasion, but it's a pretty friendly sim.

So Putingate had a few new deals roll around. Nothing that new or exciting but if you missed out on the old Dawn of War Franchise pack $10 deal they have it for 7,821 Blue Coins now ($7.82). There's no RU in the GG url and I couldn't find a Russian specific version of that pack in the Steam database so it should be fine, but I already own all those games so I can't take the plunge first to verify. I wouldn't post it here if I wasn't fairly certain though. Confirmed working by Wagglesworth.

Also the DoW II and DoW packs separately are cheap if you just want those.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is $1.70 ish but only 50% off so I'm still kind of cheaping out on that one.

There's asscreed stuff again but besides knowing how ya'll are about Uplay don't mess with the older stuff (pre Black Flag) because some has shitty Tages DRM and others are weird and force you to still download the files from Gamersgate and install a bunch of patches and crap manually even after you activate it to Uplay.

*Edited to add: Oh and on Mad Max, Warner shut the barn door after the horse got out and locked down Russian copies after a bajillion unlocked keys from Russia already got out to every shady and 'authorised' site on the planet so don't mess with it.

Edit2 w pics: Now 200% extra DUMMEEZER!
As always, 4DUMEEZ DISCLAIMER:

Clear Cookies in Chrome like this
N3Ezt0m.jpg

TqdxRJk.jpg

5wxx7eb.jpg

xou8Q0k.jpg

gS1iScQ.jpg
or just use a different browser, VPN WHILE LOGGED OUT just briefly to set pricing, shut off vpn BEFORE you login. Pay WITH BLUE COINS.

If you need an odd number of Blue coins first add: 

http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED5000
then add:

http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DD-CRED1000
as many times as you need. Once you've added at least one 1K pack you can take the 5K pack out the cart if you want.

I'm still unreasonably annoyed by Indiegala. 

While I understand in their system promo keys are probably seen as different than retail keys, but it's REALLY shitty to say "We're out of stock of this promo key" for at least 12 hours, but still be selling the normal retail key. 

I swear, it's like people forget customer service basics just because they're on the internet.

Well, that and they listed that horrible bundle. I didn't want to remember those creepy incest loving weeaboos existed, and on the day after Christmas no less.

I'm still unreasonably annoyed by Indiegala.

While I understand in their system promo keys are probably seen as different than retail keys, but it's REALLY shitty to say "We're out of stock of this promo key" for at least 12 hours, but still be selling the normal retail key.

I swear, it's like people forget customer service basics just because they're on the internet.
Well, that and they listed that horrible bundle. I didn't want to remember those creepy incest loving weeaboos existed, and on the day after Christmas no less.
Happy Boxing Day, Your mom and sis want to show you their boxes. Well after you mind control them to do it anyhow.

I haven't seen the Bundle Stars Indie Jam bundle mentioned.  Has Trapped Dead Lockdown in it which I missed in a crappy IG and have been waiting to rebundle.  Fair amount of repeats though so I have to consider if it is worth paying .50 more than the $1.49 sale price of Trapped Dead: Lockdown.  

I haven't seen the Bundle Stars Indie Jam bundle mentioned. Has Trapped Dead Lockdown in it which I missed in a crappy IG and have been waiting to rebundle. Fair amount of repeats though so I have to consider if it is worth paying .50 more than the $1.49 sale price of Trapped Dead: Lockdown.
Just watch a bunch of doll and I Eat P***y videos, set your alarm for 3am and wake up and grab it from Tremor before all the dirty foreigners do.

Just watch a bunch of doll and I Eat P***y videos, set your alarm for 3am and wake up and grab it from Tremor before all the dirty foreigners do.
That's if tremor doesn't forget to add it. They're dumb and add all of these expensive steam gifts during seasonal sales, but sometimes don't add bundles during them.

I forgot about the Tremor option, but I missed it the first time. This would be a +7 for me considering I'd been skipping bundles all year, but recently gave up all pretensions of being picky about what I add to my Steam account.

I forgot about the Tremor option, but I missed it the first time. This would be a +7 for me considering I'd been skipping bundles all year, but recently gave up all pretensions of being picky about what I add to my Steam account.
I'd just buy the bundle then. Maybe some of the games you're missing have cards. Also, Trapped Dead Lockdown wasn't on tremor before

[quote name="DrR0Ck" post="13124055" timestamp="1451231620"]Please don't gift me with a penis game.[/quote]
That's the game I play... With Teblow's Mom! Amirite!?!? Goddamn right I'm RIGHT!

So they region locked Mad Max? Was hoping to pick it up on one of those gray market sties.
The grey market sites possibly still have some unlocked keys left but as far as the reputable sites go it's been locked so you can't get it from say Gamersgate with a vpn or something like that.

So they region locked Mad Max? Was hoping to pick it up on one of those gray market sties.
Try getting it from a Canadian Steam gift seller. It should be $15 or less. I think there is someone like that on the cesspool.

[font='comic sans ms', cursive]But everyone plays TR for its Multiplayer!!![/font]
Well, they sure aren't playing it for the tombs... but, yeah, absolutely dreadful MP...

Honestly, the whole two hours they worked on the MP component should have been spent on one more challenge room/tomb.

The grey market sites possibly still have some unlocked keys left but as far as the reputable sites go it's been locked so you can't get it from say Gamersgate with a vpn or something like that.
Well shit, thanks for the heads up on that. Didn't realize that happened, I might bite on a gray market Mad Max now.

free game = no cards = no money for devs. true story.
Not necessarily. They can still give out keys for free games like Relic Hunters Zero did and people still can get cards. If you add a free game to your account via a key instead of through Steam you can still get cards (without buying f2p shit).

Of course having a price on it keeps dumb people from attaching it free via Steam instead of a key and then going ha1111p no cardzzzz111111

bread's done
Back