Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
This is why console peasants don't want to build a PC.
C7G6zlh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say we've had a nightmare time with my youngest brother's first PC build. The thing just doesn't work. It'll power on and get to the Windows install screen and then just freeze up. We've tested everything and nothing comes back as bad so we think it's an issue somewhere with the MOBO. He already RMO'd it once and they told him nothing was wrong and sent it back, but we've tested each memory stick, tried different video cards, different HDDs, etc. and can't figure out what else it could be. So, while I'd say things go smooth 9/10 times, the time it goes bad can be a real PITA.
I'm going to say PSU, even buying from a good company doesn't mean it'll work. Most PSUs are just re-badged Seasonic, Super Flower or (whatever that other one is). Usually SS and SF are good but some of those other ones reputable companies use are trash. Find out what brand is in there and if people have issues with that PSU. Even if it's good it might just be a dud. If not that it might be Windows 7, some motherboards need you to do something special to install W7. I was looking at Mobos recently and saw on a Gigabyte to click for instructions for Win7 installation. May also be a driver issue, try to repair, install in safe mode, add drivers.

And if we are telling I'm a dumbass PC build stories...
This was many years ago in high school when I built my first PC. This thing was a BEAST we are talking a 32MB TNT2 ULTRA!!! Anyway, got it all together, power on *BEEP*BEEP* Dismantle and try again, same deal. So I look up what that means, memory error. Take out a stick, *BEEP* other stick *BEEP* I can not figure it out, finally call a buddy who built a PC too. He says let's try the sticks one at a time again, maybe you stuck the same one in twice. He takes the stick out and tells me it wasn't in there. No dude, it was in, things were clipped. He says no and proceeds to shove the thing in real hard. I flip out tell him he's going to break it and just overall losing it, he tells me it's fine, plugs it in and it comes right on. I guess the moral of the story is the only way to properly seat RAM is to push it so hard you think you might break it.

I actually had to panic and buy parts over the past couple days since my PC has decided to die on me. With no rhyme or reason, Firefox keeps crashing on startup but at the same time I can load up and play TF2. At one point for an hour or so Firefox and Libreoffice were crashing any time I'd paste text...seriously...ctrl v *CRASH* This cleared itself up but things are still just crashing. I'm not getting blue screens except for once I had a PFN List Corrupt? error, something to do with drivers. I went ahead and removed then reinstalled the vid card drivers, still get crashes. This happens from a cold boot or doesn't, after the PCs been on for hours it'll start again but other times it does it for hours. After much fooling around turns out the PSU and the motherboard decided to die at the same time.

Got an i5-6500 Skylake (quad core, 3.2 GHZ) and the other parts for around $800. Same thing would have set me back 1350 from ibuypower. That is choosing the minimum for stuff I didn't buy, like the cheapest keyboard and mouse. So it's more like 1250 is the real cost, saved around $450. On the other hand, if it doesn't work it's on them. Now I just have to wait for it to come in. Darn Newegg put the case I didn't want to spend $45 more for on sale today for $45 less, right after my case shipped :/

If you are building a PC see if your school is eligible for a year of Newegg Premier or download the Newegg app, get a code for 3 free months of Premier (Newegg Prime *cough*). You get free shipping, free returns and no restocking fees on most items.

Because everyone else already realized you can get idiots to pay for shit without knowing what it is, Green Man Gaming is joining in.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/mystery-bundles/

mystery-bundles_new.jpg
5 pack on GMG is for chumps!!!! Now a monthly Humble Bundle order....
I purchased a 5-pack Mystery thingy because its purple & green boxes look shiny.

Is there a way to tell what these games are before I choose to redeem them?

SHATTEREDHAVEN:xxxx
BLACKOPS:xxxx
DEADLY30:xxxx
VERTICALDROPHEROESHD:xxxx
RETURNNULL:xxxx

Nah if you want to lure console people in, especially ones easily butthurt, it's more like:

Hey guys, so umm...Xbox sucks and is for teh gayz! Am I rite?! PS4 4 LYFE!!!!!!!!
I doubt that the X1 is even a sacred cow. Maybe the PS4 or the WiiU would be a likely choice

I purchased a 5-pack Mystery thingy because its purple & green boxes look shiny.

All except blackops have easy steam entries to find. BLACKOPs could be a COD game or something else.

Looks like you may have been lucky and scored a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops

Tempted to buy a bundle now and see if I get Black Ops. Since COD games never go on sale it'd actually be worth it.

Tremorbros, found an easy way to rack up some coins. On the default Supersonic page, go to videos Free and find the 50 Shades of Black trailer. Click it to expand and you don't actually have to watch the video, just CTRL + F and type in "skip" and it should take you to the skip link. Then you just have to share it on Fakebook. Rinse and repeat a bunch of times.

A lot of times you can probably get around the Fakebook portion by doing the same thing. The frame width (conveniently?) cuts off the skip step button.
Free tip: right click Supersonic video tab, open in new tab. You won't be able to see the pop up showing you got the credit, but nothing is cut off that way. The Fifty Shades is one of the few that doesn't give a skip Facebook link. The Spanish Milk one does give the skip link and is repeatable also.

AMD gives you the best bang for your buck.
AMD is for poor people. No, really...I have proof. PS4 and XBOX One use AMD. And we all know console peasants suffer on a console because they just can't afford a PC.

Looking at posts on Steamgifts, if you buy a GMG Mystery Bundle you'll get crap like Deadly30, Vertical Drop Heroes, Steel Storm, Shattered Haven, Return Null and Battlepaths.

Maybe 1 in 100 get a decent game in there.

It's like a digital scratch lottery ticket.

Supposedly BLOPs 3 is possible to get as well. I think i'll just buy Adorlea games and then curse why I spent money on RPGMaker games I rarely play.

So basically some people that buy it right away will get BLOPS then they'll run out of keys and it will all be previously bundled and previously free stuff like these promos usually go.

Call of Duty Black Ops is $9.99 on GMG right now, isn't it? So you'd rather pay $7 for a slim chance to get it instead of $10 to buy it for sure?
Black Ops is $8 with the 20% off coupon
Didn't even realize this since I rarely pay attention to GMG.

I hope someone buys a mystery bundle hoping to get Black Ops, but gets all indie trash. pls entertain me thx
Thank fox and hitlercat for ruining your entertainment, I was pretty tempted to buy one.

Damn. Why must you guys keep talking about these deceptive GMG Mystery Bundles. I do not want to be tempted.

With that said...

If I somehow find myself in a state of bad judgement AND I buy a Mystery Bundle 5-pack AND I get Black Ops 1 or 2, will someone buy it from me for $5?  :whistle2:k

Damn. Why must you guys keep talking about these deceptive GMG Mystery Bundles. I do not want to be tempted.

With that said...

If I somehow find myself in a state of bad judgement AND I buy a Mystery Bundle 5-pack AND I get Black Ops 1 or 2, will someone buy it from me for $5? :whistle2:k
Nein, I own them both already.

I know this wasn't a particularly useful reply but I just wanted to show off.

You do realise though, even if you get Black Ops 1 or 2 you'll end up paying $1 for four crap bundle fodder games you already own.

Why do people want Black Ops? This is America, all three games are basically propaganda to get you to kill Muslims indiscriminately. I'm surprised Trump isn't giving out copies at his rallies where brave Muslims with "we come in peace" shirts are being spit on and kicked out.

Tremorbros, found an easy way to rack up some coins. On the default Supersonic page, go to videos Free and find the 50 Shades of Black trailer. Click it to expand and you don't actually have to watch the video, just CTRL + F and type in "skip" and it should take you to the skip link. Then you just have to share it on Fakebook. Rinse and repeat a bunch of times.

A lot of times you can probably get around the Fakebook portion by doing the same thing. The frame width (conveniently?) cuts off the skip step button.
Well, I know what I'm doing until I get temp banned from supersonic.

Boo...

I was hoping I'd be able to repeat as much as I could the doll videos, but could only do it 20 times. :/

Why do people want Black Ops? This is America, all three games are basically propaganda to get you to kill Muslims indiscriminately. I'm surprised Trump isn't giving out copies at his rallies where brave Muslims with "we come in peace" shirts are being spit on and kicked out.
Muslims arent the enemy in BLOPS. In the first one its the commie Asians, in the 2nd one it opens where you indiscriminately slaughter Africans and then move on to South Americans and more commie Asians and the 3rd one is mostly robots

bread's done
Back