Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
To help people prepare for The Witcher 3, I'm playing The Witcher 2 every Tuesday on Twitch and writing about my playthrough. We call this series Witcher Twos-days.

Please join us tonight at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific for the stream and a chance to win The Witcher Adventure Game for Windows. Even if you missed previous episodes, the article's recap will get you caught up.

The Witcher Twos-days: Episode 3

The-Witcher-2-Episode-2-Recap-5-The-gallows.jpg

[quote name="travathian" post="12510067" timestamp="1424212560"]Thread regulars

I am doing a mass SteamGifts giveaway over the next month. PM on here to get linkage to the private giveaways.[/quote]
Hey travathian, nice of you for doing that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not often, no.

But, this is great for those who want to & actually do replay the game.

Also great to finally have the full version with all DLC released onto the PC.

Finally, the PC version's complete.
I assume this also means they are removing GFWL? If so, I will have to snag a copy next time it goes on sale.

I assume this also means they are removing GFWL? If so, I will have to snag a copy next time it goes on sale.
They supposedly did that last September, and it's not that great. GFWL always had a glitch where you could use your 25-digit hexadecimal key from Kane & Lynch for nearly any GFWL game released before 2013. That means RE5, Dirt, Bioshock, GTA, Red Faction, and many others were free given you got a free GFWL key from your nephew's Polish butcher. We have to pay for Steam versions.

RE5 sucks solo.

They supposedly did that last September, and it's not that great. GFWL always had a glitch where you could use your 25-digit hexadecimal key from Kane & Lynch for nearly any GFWL game released before 2013. That means RE5, Dirt, Bioshock, GTA, Red Faction, and many others were free given you got a free GFWL key from your nephew's Polish butcher. We have to pay for Steam versions.

RE5 sucks solo.
y r u telling people haw 2 pirate

RE5 sucks solo.
Yes it does. But once you do a run through and get all the extra weapons it becomes quite playable. Just slap a strong enough infinite ammo weapon in sheva's hands and watch her go to town.

According to madjoki this isn't new news.. but it was new to me. The console DLC for Resident Evil 5 will be added to the Steam version, and achievements are coming soon.
Yeah, it was posted at madjoki's house of pancakes NeoGAF a few days ago.

Well, a PEGI rating for Resident Evil 5 Gold was posted. I'm still expecting Capcom to charge us for the DLC. Because Capcom.

ETA: Achievements have been added, not live yet, of course.

Yeah, it was posted at madjoki's house of pancakes NeoGAF a few days ago.

Well, a PEGI rating for Resident Evil 5 Gold was posted. I'm still expecting Capcom to charge us for the DLC. Because Capcom.
The PEGI rating was posted, however it wasn't 100% confirmed until the achievements were uploaded today (some of them are for the DLC).

RE5 sucks solo.
Am I the only one who liked playing RE5 solo?

And Torchlight 2? Borderlands 1 + 2? Dead Island (original) + Riptide?

I play most of those 'coop' game solo.  Usually it's more a pain in the ass to wait for the other person.  And none of those games have particularly good synergy in coop, anyway.

No. Please.

Why does RE5 have multiplayer achievements... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
It is possible to do them single player. At least if they are the same achievements that they were on consoles.

Am I the only one who liked playing RE5 solo?

And Torchlight 2? Borderlands 1 + 2? Dead Island (original) + Riptide?
Yeah, there's a difference between them. I hate playing any games where the AI controlled partner is stupid and dies all the time. K&L and Army of Two go on that list, too.

BL1 + 2 are fine solo because it's just you, even if you have to grind more to get the best drops. Ancient Dragons of Destruction are still way too hard to beat solo on TVH and UVH.

Oh yeah, I'll second that K&L 2 was fun in coop but a pain solo.  Yeah, I have to agree if the game saddles you with a partner that can be AI or meatbag, it's probably better with a meatbag.

Oh yeah, I'll second that K&L 2 was fun in coop but a pain solo. Yeah, I have to agree if the game saddles you with a partner that can be AI or meatbag, it's probably better with a meatbag.
Which is why RE:R2 being local co-op only is such a dumb move. Oh well, at least it's got raid mode.. but even that won't be online till march.

I don't mind playing "co-op" games solo, unless there's some revival mechanic where you're dependent on the AI to pick you up, which they inevitably fail to do. Most rage-inducing thing in modern games for me. Borderlands doesn't count since you can save yourself.

I don't mind playing "co-op" games solo, unless there's some revival mechanic where you're dependent on the AI to pick you up, which they inevitably fail to do. Most rage-inducing thing in modern games for me. Borderlands doesn't count since you can save yourself.
Yup, waiting for Lynch to revive me during a shoot-out where he got stuck on a crate and couldn't move was the last memory I have of K&L before I uninstalled it. L4D series is also like that, but they sometimes reset stuck bots.

Squirreltopia took 4 levels to become extremely annoying for me. It doesn't help I'm playing on a keyboard. Will hook up my controller this weekend and try again.

bread's done
Back