Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If it weren't for Black Desert Online's Close Beta 2 being the same weekend, I would have definitely spent more time in The Division.

However, this is also how I spent my weekend.

Level 25, but I made it to level 34 before I gave in. Characters are getting wiped, so no sense in me pouring too much more time with it.
I haven't really followed it... I think its been mentioned in the thread a few times but I've never done anything MMO wise outside of watch a friend play WoW on my PC. He was trying to convince me to start but got really distracted at how much better the game looked on my PC.

This one seems to be F2P? What did you think of it? Sounds silly to ask since you leveled to 34... but, you know, some people will play games do to them being free just because they are free.

Why did you make it 30 minutes before my event?
photo-40112.gif
photo-40112.gif
photo-40112.gif
photo-40112.gif
photo-40112.gif

I haven't really followed it... I think its been mentioned in the thread a few times but I've never done anything MMO wise outside of watch a friend play WoW on my PC. He was trying to convince me to start but got really distracted at how much better the game looked on my PC.

This one seems to be F2P? What did you think of it? Sounds silly to ask since you leveled to 34... but, you know, some people will play games do to them being free just because they are free.
It is B2P (like guildwars). You buy the game, $30 for the most basic edition, and you get to play whenever. It has a cash shop to make additional revenue.

I really liked the game, it has a lot of traditional old MMO stats that you need to keep track of, and it doesn't hold your hand. There are plenty of intricacies in the game such as NPC relationships, stock market, investments, trade routes, personal stats, and such. The best part about it, for me, has to be how it feels like a Diablo mixup with how you can take packs of 20 mobs and mow them down with power moves.

It is A LOT of numbers to keep track of, so it isn't for the feint-hearted. The average Jo Shmo, that can't do math, will not be able to keep up.

I don't even know what this thread is about any more.
This thread was never about the deals.

If it weren't for Black Desert Online's Close Beta 2 being the same weekend, I would have definitely spent more time in The Division.

However, this is also how I spent my weekend.

Level 25, but I made it to level 34 before I gave in. Characters are getting wiped, so no sense in me pouring too much more time with it.
Black Desert Online was surprisingly fun.

The character creator was neat and the combat was great.

Wish I spent more time playing the CBT2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blizzard was definitely impressive in The Division. I was disappointed by the environments though. Wish more things that you shot would show realistic damage.

Blizzard was definitely impressive in The Division. I was disappointed by the environments though. Wish more things that you shot would show realistic damage.
Wait until modders unlock the E3 2013 settings after the game release. :rofl:

This thread was never about the deals.
Well, duh. But it used to be about things that made sense like fisting bros and burgers and Brut's spraypainted eagles and VRAMs. Now I don't know what is what any more.

I'm gonna go join Motoki in playing senile grandma games. At 600x480 so I can find the pixels.

I looked into the E3 2013 stuff. Did they nix the whole extra team member using a mobile app thing? I assume so since it seems some of the abilities described you can use directly.
They deemed the mobile app player OP and cut it out since they couldn't balance it while still allowing the mobile player to have fun.

Well, duh. But it used to be about things that made sense like fisting bros and burgers and Brut's spraypainted eagles and VRAMs. Now I don't know what is what any more.

I'm gonna go join Motoki in playing senile grandma games. At 600x480 so I can find the pixels.
So I started Arkham Knight... Vehicle combat? That's exactly what I thought the series needed. Graphically its light years better than Arkham City but I'm not likely the look as much. It is preforming well so far... Though my time with it was extremely limited.

As I said vehicle combat?

So I started Arkham Knight... Vehicle combat? That's exactly what I thought the series needed. Graphically its light years better than Arkham City but I'm not likely the look as much. It is preforming well so far... Though my time with it was extremely limited.

As I said vehicle combat?
Just wait for the vehicle boss fights.

i am just doing it as test trial, to see if it actually holds 8 ppl
Test it yourself to see how many it holds, by reading or going into the game or asking a q on the game's forum before throwing an event up. Don't set up an event without knowing at least how many people can play per game. No one wants to be a guinea pig.

Secondly, its pretty shitty to schedule an event within an hour of a previously scheduled event. It lacks foresight and is very unfair to everyone. Most events tend to go about 2 hours. I'd say 3 hours before or after an already scheduled event would be a fair range.

I appreciate the fact you're enthusiastic about setting up events and being involved, but fucking hell dude. You're only going to alienate yourself by doing things like this.

They deemed the mobile app player OP and cut it out since they couldn't balance it while still allowing the mobile player to have fun.
That makes sense. The minute they mentioned the mobile app player could choose to help or troll, it sounded like a bad idea.

I was reading up on the Ubisoft forums for the game, funny to read about people complaining about the Dark Zone. Some guy was saying he and thousands of others wouldn't buy it if they did not remove PvP.

Like any PvP game, the DZ can be trollish, but it has some balance and things built in to keep it funner than most PvP survival type games.

That makes sense. The minute they mentioned the mobile app player could choose to help or troll, it sounded like a bad idea.

I was reading up on the Ubisoft forums for the game, funny to read about people complaining about the Dark Zone. Some guy was saying he and thousands of others wouldn't buy it if they did not remove PvP.

Like any PvP game, the DZ can be trollish, but it has some balance and things built in to keep it funner than most PvP survival type games.
I am on the exact opposite side of the fence. I really enjoy the DZ and the potential it has. My group had plenty of fun in the DZ with stand off combat. I can't wait to see what kind of high end items we could find off another player.

Well, that's depressing.

Maybe I'll play Mad Max instead...
If you don't like the driving in Batman, I have some bad news about Mad Max...

(Well, the driving in Mad Max is ten times better and it makes a lot of sense. Too bad the physics engine tends to screw up gloriously once in a while.)

Just wait for the vehicle boss fights.
I thought those were too difficult and grindy <-- not a word. I didn't care much for the obstacle course races either. The rest of the stuff with the vehicles were pretty cool in my opinion: the puzzles, random combat, detective stuff.

I think AK is just going to be doomed to be one of those games that keeps its bad rap despite overcoming a lot of the technical difficulties and having generally very good gameplay. The city is the best open world Gotham so far and he's still the goddamn batman.

On the off chance any of the ARPG fans in the thread care, this is the last week that you can play Darkspore if you already own it. The servers for it shutdown March 1st. There's really no reason it should be online only, but it is.

I had left it in my backlog for years, but I finally decided to try playing it before it shuts down and it's pretty fun. The maps can be kinda dull, but it definitely has some cool ideas. I know it didn't sell that well when it came out, but I'm surprised EA didn't try making a F2P sequel to it since the game seems perfect for that business model.

I am on the exact opposite side of the fence. I really enjoy the DZ and the potential it has. My group had plenty of fun in the DZ with stand off combat. I can't wait to see what kind of high end items we could find off another player.
We had fun too, but we had YCAG on the front line directing us and we handled the situations and extractions well. From the forums, it sounds like most of the people upset about it were upset because they weren't being careful enough about it and/or were being taken advantage of by higher level griefers, but they just needed to find different extraction points and/or level up more in the DZ to be able to handle rogues.

On the off chance any of the ARPG fans in the thread care, this is the last week that you can play Darkspore if you already own it. The servers for it shutdown March 1st. There's really no reason it should be online only, but it is.

I had left it in my backlog for years, but I finally decided to try playing it before it shuts down and it's pretty fun. The maps can be kinda dull, but it definitely has some cool ideas. I know it didn't sell that well when it came out, but I'm surprised EA didn't try making a F2P sequel to it since the game seems perfect for that business model.
Huh. I mulled buying it a number of times, but always ended up passing.

Well, that's depressing.

Maybe I'll play Mad Max instead...
Having just dumped almost 30 hours into Mad Max, I think you'll find it to be pretty fun. It's certainly the best storm simulator I've ever played.

I couldn't finish Arkham Knight when I tried playing it over the summer, as I found the vehicle combat tedious. By contrast, I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Maybe I need to give it another try, but the last thing the series needed was mediocre (and forced) car combat.

EDIT: Hal summed up my feelings about AK pretty well in his post above, although I also found the vehicle puzzles to be pretty obnoxious. I felt like I spent more time getting into and out of the Batmobile than I did doing actual fun stuff, like the investigations or zipping around rooms taking out goons.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but.. Hitman GO has a store page now. It's the Definitive Edition so they don't have to give steam keys to Humble buyers!

Story of Thanks for Fallout 4 The Division 8TB VRAMs I'm a Cylon Toaster Survivor - 2ETGP-0GW3C-62XPY

(middle part is backwards)

Sorry if I ignored any Division group invite requests last night/early morning (good lord Uplay needs a much improved chat/PM setup ...among other things). I was testing out a new video card and playing around with settings while playing the role of supreme DZ peacekeeper & protector of the poor struggling solo player.

I wonder how many I scared off after I saved their lives and started doing jumping jacks/exercising in front of them? I'm also without a good functional/reliable mic at the moment, probably should get on that for any future co-op stuff. 

Like INMATEofARKHAM, I also primarily used the SCAR-H and SCAR-L setup. It worked really well surprisingly. I never saw any purple weapons or gear drop but that was probably due to low levels and the beta parameters. I also like the fact you can't trade gear thus making it more of a RNG grind and reward system than simply making the game easier. Plus it would minimize the in-game currency system.

[customspoiler="More Division Talk..."]
The DZ PvP server size limit appears to support 20-24 players at a time which seems like the right amount of balance. Also, the penalties for going rogue seem pretty fair as well and if you kill enough people the rogue bounty increases making that rogue group or player highly sought after.

The open proximity player voice chat is a nice addition to communicate with players or groups you run across. I'm not very familiar with the classic MMO chat pane but there are several filters to customize it to one's liking.

I also enjoyed the changing weather conditions and the day/night cycle. I do agree with FoxyPie in that I wished more of the environment showed bullet or explosion damage, that would help for better gaming immersion. Even as it is the game looks very nice with plenty of settings to tweak. I found this out late but you can enable Parkour mode which made you automatically hurdle any object while in sprint, a pretty cool feature.

Overall you can tell the PC version is not a port which is a big plus. It's a fun game if you have room to be tolerant and grind.
[/customspoiler]

I'm afraid fakey-fakeybroing the gold version or stumbling upon a super cheap Uplay code is highly likely at this point ...I need a new drug.

bread's done
Back