Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Everyone wants HuniPop huh?
3AkrJxv.gif

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
Deal of the Day
75% off Millennium games

Current Voucher: 20% off 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX (Expires 1/26 1600 UTC)

75% off Spellforce Sale

Free game with code FREEGAME86966 (Valid till 1/25) <--reposting since it ends this weekend

3xnOf2I.jpg

75% off Guild Wars 2 (Discount shown after adding to cart.)
...all editions of the game purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 8:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, January 24 through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 25.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guild Wars 2 sale is live

$10 for the Heroic version and $15 for the Digital Deluxe version
Copied from Slickdeals...which was copied from Reddit.

The only difference between Heroic and Deluxe Editions are:

Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill:
I don't own it, but never heard any praise about it. The empty spot among your Elite skills may annoy you, but you aren't really missing out on anything. The Wolf is weak, sadly.

Mini Rytlock:
A mini pet follows you around basically, does nothing. Rytlock looks kinda cool, but there are many more awesome minis.

Golem Banker:
This is a personal golem you can summon, that acts like your bank for 2 weeks after using it. Slight conveniece, though I don't think you would be using the bank a lot in the first few weeks. Currently useful only in key farming, it saves you a minute or two per run at most.

Chalice of Glory:
I think they removed it by now. Spvp had a currency from launch called glory, which you could use to buy pvp stuff. They've been slowly removing glory from the game and this is kinda worthless, if it still exists.

Tome of Influence:
Grants the guild you are representing 1k of influence, which is a currency a guild can use to upgrade the guild. You can buy the same amount for 2g I believe, which is pocket change. Useful at launch when there wasn't much gold and much influence, not really important today. Could use it for your personal guild, that would act like a bank.

Copied from Slickdeals...which was copied from Reddit.

The only difference between Heroic and Deluxe Editions are:

[customspoiler=TLDR: Horse Armor]
Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill:
I don't own it, but never heard any praise about it. The empty spot among your Elite skills may annoy you, but you aren't really missing out on anything. The Wolf is weak, sadly.

Mini Rytlock:
A mini pet follows you around basically, does nothing. Rytlock looks kinda cool, but there are many more awesome minis.

Golem Banker:
This is a personal golem you can summon, that acts like your bank for 2 weeks after using it. Slight conveniece, though I don't think you would be using the bank a lot in the first few weeks. Currently useful only in key farming, it saves you a minute or two per run at most.

Chalice of Glory:
I think they removed it by now. Spvp had a currency from launch called glory, which you could use to buy pvp stuff. They've been slowly removing glory from the game and this is kinda worthless, if it still exists.

Tome of Influence:
Grants the guild you are representing 1k of influence, which is a currency a guild can use to upgrade the guild. You can buy the same amount for 2g I believe, which is pocket change. Useful at launch when there wasn't much gold and much influence, not really important today. Could use it for your personal guild, that would act like a bank.
[/customspoiler]

Bought GW2 to give it a try.

Liked it in beta but didnt have time to devote to it.

Anyone which server is "best" or which class is most fun?

If I hate WOW but love The Secret World, will I like Guild Wars 2?
I think GW2 is somewhere in between WoW and D3 (still haven't gotten around to TSW) when looking at the social/multiplayer aspect. The draw to GW2 is the environment, Dynamic Events and the push to socialize with shared XP and whatnot. I was considering picking it up, but I think D3 will hold me for a while and I still have TSW mess with.

Since i'm too lazy to split up the new Indie Gala Steel Warz bundle, if anybody wants a gift link for the whole thing, send me a PM.  RESTRICTIONS:  Must have less than 500 posts, less than 250 likes, and preferably none of the games.  Though, due to the laziness, i'm not going to check any of that crap, so feel free to resell them if I deem you to be worthy of IG dumpage.

Gone!

I think GW2 is somewhere in between WoW and D3 (still haven't gotten around to TSW) when looking at the social/multiplayer aspect. The draw to GW2 is the environment, Dynamic Events and the push to socialize with shared XP and whatnot. I was considering picking it up, but I think D3 will hold me for a while and I still have TSW mess with.
*nods* I mean, I still have D3 and TSW to go back to (maybe) and possibly TOR and ESO even if I feel like it. And there's also Defiance.

I don't really need another MMO.

Then again I don't really need more indie bundle games but that never stopped me. :p

*nods* I mean, I still have D3 and TSW to go back to (maybe) and possibly TOR and ESO even if I feel like it. And there's also Defiance.

I don't really need another MMO.

Then again I don't really need more indie bundle games but that never stopped me. :p
The thing is I've never saw any GW game with this kind of discount... 75%

And there's also Defiance.
Carp, I completely forgot about that one, too.

The thing is I've never saw any GW game with that kind of discount...
Reminds me when I did grocery shopping for my grandmother.

Me: Why am I buying {insert random item here}?
Grandmother: I have a coupon for it.
Me: So? You don't even use/eat {insert random item here}.
Grandmother: I have a coupon for it.

*Edit: Neuroed

The thing is I've never saw any GW game with that kind of discount...
So basically - I don't want it but OMGSALEMUSTBAINAO!!!!?

I already have literally thousands of games I bought much cheaper than that simply because they were cheap and I might want to play them someday even though I won't.

I'm also reminded of that stupid hipsterpixel game that Drabes bought for like $8 or whatever because OMG the developer doesn't like cash and says it will never go on sale again EVAH.

*Edit: Neuroed

So basically - I don't want it but OMGSALEMUSTBAINAO!!!!?

I already have literally thousands of games I bought much cheaper than that simply because they were cheap and I might want to play them someday even though I won't.
I've always been curious about GW games. I'm not dying to play it... but this is the best opportunity to buy it. I was in doubt about TSW (never played a MMO game until that one) and now I love it. Can it be the same with a GW game?

I've always been curious about GW games. I'm not dying to play it... but this is the best opportunity to buy it. I was in doubt about TSW (never played a MMO game until that one) and now I love it. Can it be the same with a GW game?
It's fine, do what you want. Really.

I'm just saying that the I don't want to play it now but I might someday maybe kinda hopefully um I guess? mentality led a bunch of us, myself included here, down a huge rabbit hole where we ended up with a shitton of games we never play.

And I guess I'm a huge hypocrite because I keep doing it but somehow $10 for a game I'm not going to play right now goes beyond some imaginary mental line in the sand for me.

But anyway go buy it. Knock yourself out. Tell us how it is if you ever get around to it.

If you don't have D3, GW2 wouldn't be a horrible decision, especially at this price point. It's just that for me, D3 already fulfills that fantasy environment game style.

I bought a GW2 account off a friend (whose wife 'wanted' it but then never played it) about two years ago and have proceeded to play it once.  No immediate criticisms, I just didn't have the interest in allocating time to a MMORPG.

Naturally, I bought it "because it's cheap and that never goes on real sales" for $15.

If you don't have D3, GW2 wouldn't be a horrible decision, especially at this price point. It's just that for me, D3 already fulfills that fantasy environment game style.
I don't know why I'm not in a hurry to play D3. I LOVED D1 and D2. Tried Torchlight 1 & 2, both are awesome games... but I'm never in a mood to play them.

Not sure why people keep bringing up D3 when we're talking about MMOs. Yeah, they're both RPGs that are always online but that's about where the similarities end.

I just didn't have the interest in allocating time to a MMORPG.
That's another thing. For me MMOs, and even some single player games like Skyrim to a lesser extent, are such huge time sinks that I think about playing them and then I think about getting sucked in for an extending period of time and decide against it.

In some weird way these indie games with a few hours or so of game play have spoiled me.

Plus it's just nice to have a clear beginning, middle and end and not get stuck on some 'end game' treadmill.

Not sure why people keep bringing up D3 when we're talking about MMOs. Yeah, they're both RPGs that are always online but that's about where the similarities end.
I'll leave it to Ashes or someone else to get more TL;DRy about, but there's a lot of similarities. It plays very much like an MMO minus actually seeing the kajillion other players running around your game. The actual grouping and content you do in MMOs is normally not in terribly large groups anyway so the main functional difference is just not seeing l33tkingXXX32 running around while you're doing your thing.

Thanks for the response. I was really just asking if it had guns or zombies or preferably both.

Grabbed a key in the trading/gift thread, can't post there yet so I'm doing it here. 

Paying it forward again: Kraven Manor-90NQI-PAX9P-HHBA8

Daily Deal is 33% off some overpriced Early Access indie game that's pushing up on two years in Early Access.

SteamPlease.gif

*Edit Also:
[customspoiler=LEAVE US ALONE!!!]
http://steamcommunity.com/app/224440/discussions/0/624074858818759750/
Games Foundry [developer]
Concerning Our Mixed Reviews

Negative reviews put off potential players from buying Folk Tale and hurts the game’s reputation. We're a tiny team delivering an enormous project and its going to take time. It would be awful to finish development having delivered a fantastic game, but have players turning away because of out of date reviews.
[/customspoiler]
3HhoTJb.jpg

Edit. Officially puting in writing that yes I'm a dumbass and a hothead and drank too much coffee today and totally read that the wrong way.

And even if people do want to buy a bunch of half baked I'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today EA games knock yourself out.

Mea Culpa.

Hopefully this keeps the mods from deleting 100 posts now.

PS The Squirrel stuff was NOT all me. I can admit when I've been a dick and and asshat just fine but that stuff was not 100% on my end.

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
Deal of the Day
75% off Millennium games

Current Voucher: 20% off 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX (Expires 1/26 1600 UTC)
I mentioned this sale to Spoder yesterday... I was expecting a 50% off discount, though! And the coupon makes Millennium 4 $1.20 - If you don't want to wait for it to get bundled again... well, here you go.

But why the hell is Millennium 2's "normal" price $14?

Taking bets on the next Motoki Meltdown™.

All the classic signs are there, it's only a matter of time. Contact me if you wanna get in on the sweepstake.

:whee:

God, I love it when there's a forum fight, even a sarcastic one. Gets me all hot and bothered.

Please continue. My nipples need this.

That's another thing. For me MMOs, and even some single player games like Skyrim to a lesser extent, are such huge time sinks that I think about playing them and then I think about getting sucked in for an extending period of time and decide against it.

In some weird way these indie games with a few hours or so of game play have spoiled me.

Plus it's just nice to have a clear beginning, middle and end and not get stuck on some 'end game' treadmill.

I'll leave it to Ashes or someone else to get more TL;DRy about, but there's a lot of similarities. It plays very much like an MMO minus actually seeing the kajillion other players running around your game. The actual grouping and content you do in MMOs is normally not in terribly large groups anyway so the main functional difference is just not seeing l33tkingXXX32 running around while you're doing your thing.
In some ways I want to disagree because D3 is not an MMO... but it does a good job of fulfilling some of my MMO needs in a safe and sane environment. (With a B2P model.)

Daily Deal is 33% off some overpriced Early Access indie game that's pushing up on two years in Early Access.

SteamPlease.gif

*Edit Also:
[customspoiler=LEAVE US ALONE!!!]
http://steamcommunity.com/app/224440/discussions/0/624074858818759750/
[/customspoiler]
Maybe next time they'll think twice before making a public release of an unpolished turd.

bread's done
Back