Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:

Daily Deal
75% off Bound By Flame - $9.99

Daily Deals
75% off Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards – Reloaded (DRM Free) - $4.99

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
2014 Revisited Sale
Daily Deal
66% off Magicka (Steam) - $3.38
Current Voucher: 20% off 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX (Expires 2/2 1600 UTC)

3xnOf2I.jpg

Bundle Stars Store
85% off Aarklash Legacy (Steam) - $2.99
90% off FORCED Triple Pack (Steam) - $4.49
33% off Tabletop Simulator 4-Pack (Steam) - $30.14

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you directly mentioned it, but Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is 75% off on GetGamesGo, not just the original version.

No applicable vouchers, but it still beats GMG's price.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is Gamersgate in anyway associated with the #gamersgate movement? I didn't see anything suggesting as much on the website, just curious

I'm kinda tempted by BBF even though it looks exceedingly mediocre as a whole (as is my typical view of Spiders ambitious projects). Spiders games just don't seem to drop in price either quickly or on par with other similar genre titles. It took War Logs forever to drop in price outside of that one Tony reverse-no-look-nothing-but-net-swish bundle (which I'm still upset about it selling out faster than I preferred) a couple years back.

Also, how definitive is this new Sleeping Dogs version, graphically speaking, compared to the original with HD pack?

On a side note, my PSU burnt out last night. I promptly flipped out, but luckily it took nothing else with it. I went and got a new one this morning and am back up and running. That PSU was a bit older so its not a surprise, but man, that was no fun.
Seasonic.... get a Seasonic (or a rebranded Seasonic).

Decent name-brand PSUs used to go tits-up on me to the point that I kept a new one on hand, until I switched to Seasonic some years back (2007?).

Anyone know where to get Dying Light on the cheaps w/o getting banned or in trouble from steam?
Your best bet would be probably trying to find a 4-pack at $45 a copy.

Indiegala Store has it for $47.99 single copy with a free copy of Lifeless Planet but LP was bundled before so it's not very valuable.

I'm kinda tempted by BBF even though it looks exceedingly mediocre as a whole (as is my typical view of Spiders ambitious projects). Spiders games just don't seem to drop in price either quickly or on par with other similar genre titles. It took War Logs forever to drop in price outside of that one Tony reverse-no-look-nothing-but-net-swish bundle (which I'm still upset about it selling out faster than I preferred) a couple years back.

Also, how definitive is this new Sleeping Dogs version, graphically speaking, compared to the original with HD pack?
Well I know it originally looked worse than the original + HD texture pack.. because they forgot to have HD textures enabled by default.

Well I know it originally looked worse than the original + HD texture pack.. because they forgot to have HD textures enabled by default.

On a side note, my PSU burnt out last night. I promptly flipped out, but luckily it took nothing else with it. I went and got a new one this morning and am back up and running. That PSU was a bit older so its not a surprise, but man, that was no fun.
I'm of the same opinion as Asheskitty. They are one of the oldest PSU makers in the business even before personal computing if I'm not mistaken. Rebates are something you often have to toil over in the decision process of buying. I'll report the one experience of a rebate I had with them went perfectly. I purchased just over a year ago the SS 660xp2 Platinum on an exceptional deal from NewEgg. I recently married and it created some anomalies in matching info. A quick email to Seasonic's NewEgg rep resulted in the specific instructions I needed & a successful rebate return that was near the shorter est. time for arrival.

*If you choose the rebate route, you may want to consider waiting until a few days prior to the 'post-marked by' date to send off. This may not be the case for here, but for others reading, these rebates require sending the original UPC which you'll have to cut from the pkg. Once you do this, you will be unable to return to vendor & will have to process return/repair through mfr.

Sry for the long-winded slightly ot discussion...........and I just realized you weren't even asking opinions. Leaving it.

I really wish saves could be transferred from SD Original to SD Definitive.

If this game hits $5, I'd be all over it namely to play Nightmare DLC + to later re-go through the game to experience all the other DLC's integrated into the base-game.

Seasonic.... get a Seasonic (or a rebranded Seasonic).

Decent name-brand PSUs used to go tits-up on me to the point that I kept a new one on hand, until I switched to Seasonic some years back (2007?).
Thanks for the tip.

Anyone know where to get Dying Light on the cheaps w/o getting banned or in trouble from steam?
I dunno if the loophole's been closed, but earlier this week RU+CIS versions from 4 Packs were able to be activated on any account as if they were region free (its the one I have and I was just playing it), they were selling for 7-8 CSGO keys. I don't know if this still works, but have a look around on trading sites. You won't get in trouble at all, but the worst case scenario is they'd take away access to the game. I highly doubt that would even happen.

PSU talk:

www.jonnyguru.com is the premier site for PSU reviews. Those guys know their stuff.

I currently use an EVGA G2 750w which is basically a re-branded Super Flower. It's the toppest of the top.

As you were.

:whee:

Wasn't it in some bundle recently?
You're probably thinking of Lords of the Fallen. The guys on their covers look kind of similar, I guess.

Re: Bound By Flame

I've heard some decent things, but I'm waiting for the Spiders Collection to 75% off since it's a $2.50 difference.

Either that or for them to have a Humble Weekly already.

the re-release trend continues

Metroid Prime Trilogy Out Now on Wii U

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metroid-prime-trilogy-out-now-on-wii-u/1100-6424997/
First of all, this is entirely the wrong thread for that (but I don't really mind given that's the kind of info that anyone who has a Wii U should know). Second of all, it's not really a re-release as much as a port, but as much as re-releases can suck this is a fantastic thing considering how ridiculously fucking expensive physical copies of the game are.

First of all, this is entirely the wrong thread for that (but I don't really mind given that's the kind of info that anyone who has a Wii U should know). Second of all, it's not really a re-release as much as a port, but as much as re-releases can suck this is a fantastic thing considering how ridiculously fucking expensive physical copies of the game are.
Re-releases probably make more sense in console-land, once consoles get old and ditched. Especially if new consoles do not have backward compatibility features (like PS2 could run some PSX games; and X360 w/ HDD and emulator could run some old original XB games).

In PC-Land - given we have compatibility modes for older versions of Windows + mods can really keep old games still working & alive, re-releases here make more sense when a game's really old + aging; and an old game hasn't been re-released digitally.

That doesn't mean these new re-releases on our PC platform ain't welcome entirely - since I'd rather them be here than not, since they could be worth the investment especially if they're on sale dirt-cheap and/or wind-up in a cheap bundle. The thing is: these HD re-releases often need to be priced more accordingly here on the PC; be free or offer discounts to previous version owners; or do a hell of a lot to entice PC gamers to re-buy them - especially if they're going to be re-released so soon, in some instances.

this is a fantastic thing considering how ridiculously fucking expensive physical copies of the game are.
But I had my kid's college fund tied up in Metroid Prime physical copies!

In unrelated news, Ubisoft is revoking keys bought through G2A, G2Play and similar gray market sites just in case you needed another reason to think using those places was a bad idea. Affected customers are being told to get their money back from the place that sold it to them.

Man, now I know how people with physical copies of Xenogears feel.

It's not even a port. The game just directly launches into wii-mode to play it. It's no different from owning the original disk, outside of being digital. Their actual ports are pretty damn decent, at least for Nintendo. Being able to play classics on the tablet is pretty rad, even if I never use it.

I mean, uh... Damned console peasants! Get the hell outta here!

I don't know about you, but I bought a bunch of copies of MPT w/steelbook for $10 a pop!

Also, raptr got hacked. Password reset emails are being sent out.

bread's done
Back