Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
For 2K games you need to use VPN/proxy to add the game to the cart.
To further For Dummies-ize that, just get the Hola extension. And don't try to use some Avant Garde browser or some shit, use Chrome. Yes I get it, furries like Firefox whatevs, just use Chrome for this. It's idiot proof and also translates the PortlyGeese to something sort of resembling English.

Meh, I'm glad I used it on the only thing I was looking at when it was available, got Civ V Complete for <$8. I wish I could have used it on Arkham Origins but I think the game was back to full price by the time the coupon was live.

Anyways, more decent deals in Brazil: BL1 GotY is a bit under $4, and so is Awesomenauts Starstorm.

Also, I don't want to point fingers in regards to why the coupon went viral on Reddit and died but this is where I found out about it...

[–]Honeybaked-Ham 19 points

22 hours ago

Use tE43Fe7ZmlHS for an extra 10% off!

;)
Well, in my defense I did post it on the Watchdogs Season Pass thread, probably he least looked at, and I stayed away from the slickdeals cesspool. I figured it was already known and not a CAG exclusive code.

To further For Dummies-ize that, just get the Hola extension. And don't try to use some Avant Garde browser or some shit, use Chrome. Yes I get it, furries like Firefox whatevs, just use Chrome for this. It's idiot proof and also translates the PortlyGeese to something sort of resembling English.
Thank you for the help.

Saints Row 3,IV has co-op, and generally whole franchise is discounted?
So?? Saints Row 2 doesn't have co-op. I'ma contact my lawyer Sue Yoo and sue Valve for false advertising.

photo-484551.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So?? Saints Row 2 doesn't have co-op. I'ma contact my lawyer Sue Yoo and sue Valve for false advertising.

photo-484551.jpg
SR2 PC isn't even listed on the Co-Op Sale Page, even though it's also on sale.

And SR2 PC is only listed as supporting officially only Single Player + Steam Cloud on its Steam-Store Page.

It does have co-op. LAN still works, meaning you can use Tunngle/GameRanger/Hamachi
Yeah. What he said. In general, games that lost official multiplayer due to the Gamespy shutdown but still have unofficial multiplayer are not listed as having multiplayer on the Steam store.

The Daily Deal is The Amazing Spiderman 2 for $14.79 (63% off).

ITAD says it's been $5.24 before on Steam. I don't remember that, I'm certain I woulda grabbed it at that price  :whistle2:k

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess my browser glitched or something. I might need to upgrade to Avant.

FURTHER EDIT: The Amazing Spiderman is $9.99 (75% off) and all the DLC for both are also on sale

y u do dis
Because I'm a moron.

Activision license expiration fear?
Yeah, their strategy of keeping quite about what games are gonna get yanked due to licensing is probably pretty smart. It makes dummies like me buy their games for much more than they'd ordinarily be willing to pay. Hell, $15 is too much really. But if I hadn't already bought it, I'd leap at the chance at that price just because of the fear of it getting yanked.

Meh, I'm glad I used it on the only thing I was looking at when it was available, got Civ V Complete for <$8. I wish I could have used it on Arkham Origins but I think the game was back to full price by the time the coupon was live.
Aargh... you coulda posted that... close enough to the $7.50 for Civ 5 Komplete I've been holding out for...

Well, in my defense I did post it on the Watchdogs Season Pass thread, probably he least looked at, and I stayed away from the slickdeals cesspool. I figured it was already known and not a CAG exclusive code.
What? No, I don't visit anything other than my subscribed threads on CAG. The Unwashed Peasant Masses be there. I'd sooner hit slickdiapers or reddit.

Aargh... you coulda posted that... close enough to the $7.50 for Civ 5 Komplete I've been holding out for...

What? No, I visit anything other than my subscribed threads on CAG. The Unwashed Peasant Masses be there. I'd sooner hit slickdiapers or reddit.
PayPal says it was $7.82. It's something like $8.50 now if you still want it. But resident bundle expert Spoder says it could get bundled when Civ VI finally comes around (No Beyond Earth does NOT count), but as far as I know, the only thing they're working on is Starships.

PayPal says it was $7.82. It's something like $8.50 now if you still want it. But resident bundle expert Spoder says it could get bundled when Civ VI finally comes around (No Beyond Earth does NOT count), but as far as I know, the only thing they're working on is Starships.
I've passed it up at $9... I'll buckle at $8 but not at $8.50...

I'd have held out for the GOTY but I picked it up on Tony's first EC sale for $4 when it was still pretty new, and that seemed like a raging deal. Because of that I spilt another $3.15 to pick up the Gods & Kings on GMG the following xmas... I've already spent $7.15 on it... so I really don't want to pay more that $15 total... yes, it's personal.

#PoorLifeChoices

I've passed it up at $9... I'll buckle at $8 but not at $8.50...

I'd have held out for the GOTY but I picked it up on Tony's first EC sale for $4 when it was still pretty new, and that seemed like a raging deal. Because of that I spilt another $3.15 to pick up the Gods & Kings on GMG the following xmas... I've already spent $7.15 on it... so I really don't want to pay more that $15 total... yes, it's personal.

#PoorLifeChoices
I think you've spent more time thinking about buying Civ V Complete than you've...

Sid Meier's Civilization V
0.2 hrs on record

I think if anyone's waited this long to buy it, they should wait for a bundle. It's been out for too damn long

I think most of us have done that line in the sand for pennies thing at one point or another. On that one recent Gala Monday I was willing to pay $1.27 in a group buy but not the regular $1.49 and I couldn't find anyone to do a group buy with when I looked so I passed.

That said, if you really like Civ then it's one of those rare games I don't mind paying a bit more for because you'll get a ton of play time in it if that's your thing.

What's with the personal attack anyway?

Did I hurt your hoarder feelings?
I'm an ex-hoarder. I've made a new pledge to God to not add just anything to my library and I even bought a promise ring to prove it. And like any good Christian I am also extremely judgmental of others. It's God's way.

With the continual onslaught of bundles and the libraries/backlogs most of us have, I would not be surprised with more CAGs being more selective with their buying.  How many years of only playing would most of us take to complete even 50% of our library?  More games are coming out that I do want to buy i.e. Witcher 3 and I simply do not have the time to piddle around with some others.  

Completion list so far this year; Wastelands 2, XCOM Enemy Uknown and Mass Effect 3.  I still play around casual games when I take the family to the library or other places where I can have some time i.e. plants vs zombies (still a favorite of mine).

Left a DQ softserve in the fridge once and it separated into foam on top and liquid at the bottom. So nasty.

Ooh, forgot to mention this to the last one who posted about it. I had better luck when I chose a non-shitty password and agreed to receive emails.
Thanks....

I checked the box to join the spam. ...not sure if this was the issue. I use a RNG for passwords to. Thanks for the advice.

I had issues trying to create an account during checkout. I read it's easier to do it before you check out so I tried that then it worked.
Thanks,

This was the issue. ...trying to create my account at checkout. Once I just created an account (not in checkout) I had ZERO issues.

I'm an ex-hoarder. I've made a new pledge to God to not add just anything to my library and I even bought a promise ring to prove it. And like any good Christian I am also extremely judgmental of others. It's God's way.
With the continual onslaught of bundles and the libraries/backlogs most of us have, I would not be surprised with more CAGs being more selective with their buying. How many years of only playing would most of us take to complete even 50% of our library? More games are coming out that I do want to buy i.e. Witcher 3 and I simply do not have the time to piddle around with some others.

Completion list so far this year; Wastelands 2, XCOM Enemy Uknown and Mass Effect 3. I still play around casual games when I take the family to the library or other places where I can have some time i.e. plants vs zombies (still a favorite of mine).
It feels kind of ridiculous and pointless but I've started developing standards quite late at around 2500 games. Part of it is just so many bundles and so many games and part of it is pretty much everything gets in Steam these days so it's not a big thing anymore and trying to collect everything is pretty damned near impossible anyway. I have a couple of people on my friends list who have nearly twice as much as I do and even they don't have everything.

Now that the floodgates have opened the idea of getting everything on Steam is a bit like trying to collect everything on Google Play. Even if I could, just no.

[customspoiler=Can t Touch This']
21450cc46a2368d8c252b4bd7d2361b5.jpg
[/customspoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_WW-ki6Ns

So Reddit are arguing with each other over whether or not Nuuvem is an authorized re-seller (for non SA people, obviously).

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/2vzoee/arent_these_nuuvem_deals_on_the_same_level_as_g2a/

TL;DR some people are in serious denial about their scheisty shenanigans.

They'd probably actually be better off if they did believe they were breakin the law breakin the law*  because maybe then they'd STFU about being so public and brazen about it and tipping all the publishers off.

* I'm being fallacious and making a musical reference. No I don't literally think it's breaking the law but breakin the terms of use doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

So Reddit are arguing with each other over whether or not Nuuvem is an authorized re-seller (for non SA people, obviously).

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/2vzoee/arent_these_nuuvem_deals_on_the_same_level_as_g2a/

They'd probably actually be better off if they did believe they were breakin the law breakin the law* because maybe then they'd STFU about being so public and brazen about it and tipping all the publishers off.

* I'm being fallacious and making a musical reference. No I don't literally think it's breaking the law but breakin the terms of use doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
It's just as illegal as those Oregon McDonald's dwellers buying from Amazon DVG. /EndDiscussion

It's just as illegal as those Oregon McDonald's dwellers buying from Amazon DVG. /EndDiscussion
I guess they've had to so long to justify that, and Tony certainly didn't discourage it, that they're swimming in de Nile.

I mean, I've bought a couple of things from Nuuvem too and my address suddenly reverts to my old Delaware address when I am buying digital content on Amazon ( a rarity these days :p), but I'm not going to come up with some long convoluted argument why it's legitimate. It's not.

They'd probably actually be better off if they did believe they were breakin the law breakin the law* because maybe then they'd STFU about being so public and brazen about it and tipping all the publishers off.

* I'm being fallacious and making a musical reference. No I don't literally think it's breaking the law but breakin the terms of use doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
Reddit is just full of morans. Are they seriously comparing Nuuvem to a site that has a monthly subscription available to make sure you don't get ripped off, that regularly has CD keys revoked, and has a Ponzi scheme for new customers (Gold Mine)? I was just under the impression that Nuuvem was sold keys from publishers in batches at Brazilian pricing, and intended for Brazilian customers. They at least require a VPN a good amount of the time...

Pretty sure Nuuvem hasn't had a single key revoked as of yet. G2A is just a different beast entirely that I assume most of us, as cheap as we are, don't even bother with.

When MysterD first mentioned Avant, I though it had something to do with Avast. Arrrhhhh maytey!

Avast = Free Pirate Themed Anti Virus.
Avant is a 3-core browser that can use for its renderer Firefox, Chrome, IE Compatible, and IE9.

Plus, it has tons of customization features + options.

While I do like Google Chrome and use it here + there - namely, I prefer Chrome for downloading purposes from a web-browser over Avant b/c Avant can be flaky about even doing DL's sometimes. Also, as Motoki suggest - Chrome is nice w/ its English translation feature.

bread's done
Back