Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Crimsonland is another name for Australia?
Nearly indistinguishable!

Congrats on the win, MakMan33. I hope you liked the stream.

Yeah, Crimsonland is one of many twin-stick shooters and nothing special. But it's still plenty of fun if you spend a little time with it. It must not go on sale that often, as only one of my existing Steam friends (NinjaSquirrel) showed up on the friends leaderboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on the win, MakeMan33. I hope you liked the stream.

Yeah, Crimsonland is one of many twin-stick shooters and nothing special. But it's still plenty of fun if you spend a little time with it. It must not go on sale that often, as only one of my existing Steam friends (NinjaSquirrel) showed up on the friends leaderboard.
It's been bundled before so many of us have it.. it's just most of us don't play games

I also won, and very much enjoyed the stream. I'll see you guys Thursday. :bouncy:

Post deleted, guess I have an answer. :whistle2:|

QHWHuOh.gif
They show Mulder's face but not Scully? Reported for sexism!

BernardoOne reported for sexism!

Into The War LEDE2-BZRVG-KCZQF
I tried this, but it had already been taken. Then I saw the reviews (plus it being multi-play only) and I didn't feel so bad.

Thanks for the drop though.

EDIT: It turns out that I apparently reserved the game on WGN. So I got a key already.

Homeworld Remastered Collection comes out tomorrow: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=20a1e3b038cf8d231373f7059&id=815280b140&e=cfda184847

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q4aSVddNHk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Homeworld Remastered Collection launches Wednesday, February 25th!
Experience the epic space strategy games that redefined the RTS genre. Control your fleet and build an armada across more than 30 single-player missions. Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each strategic situation. Utilize advanced research to construct ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers and everything in between.

Homeworld Remastered Collection(PC) includes:
  • Homeworld Remastered Edition
  • Homeworld 2 Remastered Edition
As a bonus, you will also receive free access to:
  • Homeworld Classic
  • Homeworld 2 Classic
  • Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta
The Homeworld games have been painstakingly remastered with key members of the original development team and taking critical influence and assistance from the passionate fan community. Homeworld Remastered Collection introduces Relic's acclaimed space strategy games Homeworld and Homeworld 2 to modern players and operating systems using the newest sophisticated graphics rendering technology, plus a fully remastered score and new, high fidelity voice recordings by the original actors.

As a free bonus, this collection also includes original, non-remastered versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 Classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems.

[By purchasing Homeworld Remastered Collection, you'll also be receiving access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta when it kicks off on February 25. The competitive multiplayer modes for both Homeworld and Homeworld 2 have been combined into one centralized mode that will allow you access to all content (races, maps and game modes) and all improvements, features and technology from both games, allowing you to play unlimited competitive multiplayer space battles on an epic scale.

Pre-order now at http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160 to save 15%!

Key Features:
  • Build and battle with more than 100 space ships
  • Updated high-res textures and models
  • New graphical effects
  • Support for HD, UHD, and 4K resolutions
  • New audio mix using original source effects and music
  • Cinematic scenes recreated in beautiful high fidelity by original artists
  • Mod support and mod tools
  • Bonus archival versions of Homeworld Classic and Homeworld 2 Classic, preserving the purest form of the original releases with compatibility for modern operating systems
  • Access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes
Thanks for being a fan, we look forward to sharing more news with you in the future!

For the one guy that missed it, here's 5 codes for Into The War:

V8YN2-NC3M5-TLMND

WMQJ0-7ND52-TW804

E454X-B4JDL-83LXZ

B8ZZ9-MMG98-3RMTT

FXTKI-AVMBP-468D7

Uh.

Life is Strange Season Pass is 60% off - $6.80 - at Newegg. $5.78 after code. Looks like a hell of a price mistake.

If only I had some spare cash on me.

Uh.

Life is Strange Season Pass is 60% off - $6.80 - at Newegg. $5.78 after code. Looks like a hell of a price mistake.

If only I had some spare cash on me.
It's weird the way they have it listed. Through NewEgg's description, it sounds like you would need to get Episode 1 AND the Season Pass due to the image and listing under the Season Pass...

Receive Episodes 2 - 5 automatically upon release.

32-166-196-09.jpg

Someone should be a guinea pig for the team. Even if you have to get both, it's still the best deal, yet.

Yeah, I think the Season Pass is a recent addition. I haven't kept track, but I thought before there was the option to buy just Episode 1 or the Complete Season. I now see Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) as an optional buy from Steam (and everywhere else).

Homeworld Remastered Collection comes out tomorrow: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=20a1e3b038cf8d231373f7059&id=815280b140&e=cfda184847

Homeworld Remastered Collection launches Wednesday, February 25th!
Experience the epic space strategy games that redefined the RTS genre. Control your fleet and build an armada across more than 30 single-player missions. Choose unit types, fleet formations and flight tactics for each strategic situation. Utilize advanced research to construct ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers and everything in between.

Homeworld Remastered Collection(PC) includes:

• Homeworld Remastered Edition
  • Homeworld 2 Remastered Edition

[more Homeworld stuff]
MysterD mini-note: I snagged this not long after it came out and eventually picked up Cataclysm (which I'm assuming is included in the remastered HW1) and Homeworld 2. I may still have the latter two in boxes around the house somewhere. I think I may have sold my hard copy of Homeworld to Half-Price Books on one of my infrequent trips to Houston.

Homeworld was indeed groundbreaking when it was released, as the first space RTS that treated its game environment as an actual 3-dimensional space. It was tricky to get used to the interface of the game, but once you did, it made every space-based RTS up to that point look like pure garbage. The story in the first game, about exiles returning to their . . . homeworld, was compelling and had some really interesting characters. Frankly, Starcraft was a confusing muddle of reskinned Warcraft gameplay in comparison. I highly recommend Homeworld to anyone who enjoys RTS gameplay. I imagine the remastered version is even better, although this is another of those games that I've played to completion and have no real desire to replay.

Cataclysm was much more difficult than the original game and I don't remember getting very far into it. Likewise, I'm not sure whether I ever made a serious effort to get into the sequel, but I doubt it.

Does Homeworld have space prostitutes? I need a reason to buy a new/upcoming game.
No.

In case you guys were feeling lonely about being riported for SFW pictures, I got riported for being "Xenophobic" for making jokes about people from one particular continent so I apparently can't make references to people from that content, never mind that my father and mother's parents are from said continent, I'm still Xenophobic.

I suppose it would be Xenophobic if I also referred to them as Redditors. 

So anyway, everyone from every continent is wonderful, great and amazing. Yes even you Antarcticans. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya and recognize that I'm okay and you're okay and we're all okay.

In case you guys were feeling lonely about being riported for SFW pictures, I got riported for being "Xenophobic" for making jokes about people from one particular continent so I apparently can't make references to people from that content, never mind that my father and mother's parents are from said continent, I'm still Xenophobic.

So anyway, everyone from every continent is wonderful, great and amazing. Yes even you Antarcticans. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya and recognize that I'm okay and you're okay and we're all okay.
Looks like you hurt someone's whore feelings.

Daily Yearly Deals
66% off System Shock 2 (Steam) - $3.40

EA Deals Week

Square Enix Sale - Use search term PPSSXPVLWOJTAC (Additional 15% off with promo code EMCANNR72 [one use per account])

Spooky Games Sale - Select games only $3.99
Coupon code:SPOOKY
Some console pheasant posted Titanfall is $5.99. Might get that myself if my bing amazon swagbucks money comes in soon.

God damnit, Foxhack. That's the last time I buy anything after waking up.
All those years of spodering foiled by one bad decision. Maybe episode 1 will get bundled?

no yellow comic sans?

tumblr_n35zan1FhD1rue4a1o1_500.jpg

I did! Thanks again, I'll be sure to tune in again.

Has anyone played Banished? It is $5.99 on steam, I'm considering it.
If you're going to play it right now, go for it, Banished is great. That being said, it has a decent chance of being bundled somewhere down the line, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 75% off by the summer sales, although it's doing well enough during this weekly to hold down a spot in the top sellers list. The dev has probably moved onto other games now, so there might not be any more updates in the future, but there is a solid player base (typically around 2500+ people playing) and a small, yet dedicated modding community.

As for the game, it's a nice combination of city/empire builder and survival aspects. The AI which controls your peons can be infuriating due to the linear build tree, but if you follow the guidelines laid out by the in-game tutorial things typically run smoothly, otherwise you'll get one jerk who hoards all the potatoes and firewood while everybody else starves or freezes. This takes away a bit of the freedom usually found in city builders, and some of the game mechanics can be a bit obtuse and require some wikifying (i'm looking at you, crop field sizes).

Those frustrations aside, the premise of taking a handful of uneducated idiots and trying to get them to survive a few harsh winters, and hopefully turning into a thriving community, is extremely enjoyable and surprisingly relaxing. The simulation is fun to watch, and you'll actually get attached to a few of your peons as they live out their lives. Then you'll get a bit embarrassed when one moves into a house with his sister and they start popping out babies.

tl;dr: I loved it.

GTAV delayed to April 14th
Not big surprise. Mildly disappointed that i'll have to wait an additional month before the inevitable 85% OFF GTA COMPLETE bundle where i'll get to read dozens of comments by people complaining about another fuck ing Rockstar sale and duplicate keys and Social Club and RDR and ...no wait, let that shit get delayed as long as it needs.

Thank you :) Been looking forward to a deal and some co-op in this

also...

GP2IB-4K84I-4NNQI

KRHHR-K5YK0-WNTLF

4R6V8-7QLQ8-BHFM4

6XVR0-Q2PNT-ZRZTY

PF5XY-KC9Y3-N0F8D

9LZDF-TCIK5-QMB75

PCVG2-80C9R-QI3BH

LEA2J-W06W2-II3EX

NFRB8-G0RYY-KFMRE

EQMN2-6V4M5-M0MN2
all used.. by thankless lrukers.. Thanks for sharing though

YQMEY-IIKF9-N9APM

LD4AJ-RLJ0X-B5DZJ

52GHC-W4M5P-CM79V

LR40N-3AAKP-8JNF3

IWG0B-J5WVE-2VPJM

2GFJC-6EYZA-LYG0R

42VAN-YIP6I-RKF5H

CGB8D-GNW3K-KJT09

CTKFG-K5CXQ-7BH6H

BFZIC-YIX4R-072G9

the purpose of the law suit is to show NVIDIA and other corporations that they can't just do whatever they want and F*&$( the consumers.

Is it going to fatten up the lawyer's wallet? Yes

Is it going to fatten up the consumer's wallet? Probably not

Is it necessary to sue NVIDIA though? absolutely.. so they (& other corporations) think twice about false advertisement

Should you buy the GTX 970 with all of this litigation going on? Yes.. it's the best value card with a beast of a performance, even with the 3.5 Gb false advertisement
I love that people just assume they claimants are going to win. It's a frivolous bullshit lawsuit and will most likely be tossed out (or not if some liberal trash judge hears the case). 99% of the idiots calling Nvidia out don't have the faintest clue what, if anything is wrong with the 970.

bread's done
Back