Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So this just happened:

0 card drops remaining

0 games left to idle.

After months (since January IIRC) of idling playing my games.
Congrats. Took me about a month of constantly running IdleMaster to clear my idling backlog way back in December.

Just stay on top of it and you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="BobbyTastic" post="12655699" timestamp="1429775181"]Congrats. Took me about a month of constantly running IdleMaster to clear my idling backlog way back in December.

Just stay on top of it and you should be fine.[/quote]
Thanks, I can't leave things on at home so this took a while. Now maybe I should start playing my games...

Too much wrestling on this page. See you guys when you're done discussing it.
iISFFEv.gif

See you later then...

tl9XjDH.gif

Batman: Arkham Knight PC requirements are up

Minimum System Requirements
  • OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Memory: 2 GB
  • DirectX®: 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
  • Hard Drive Space: 45 GB
Recommended System Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
  • Graphics Memory: 3 GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 55 GB
ULTRA System Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
  • Graphics Memory: 3 GB
  • Hard Drive Space: 55 GB

That's pretty beefy. 6 GB of RAM / i5 minimum? I'm getting ready to build a new system, so I'll have it covered, but it wouldn't even start on my current machine.
Same. It's the first next-gen Arkham title and the finale, so I guess they're not skimping. The delay was probably for the best.

Guess my new PC game buying days are over until I get a job....and upgrade my PC.

Actually....how is that i7 compared to the i5-2500k pcbros?

Guess my new PC game buying days are over until I get a job....and upgrade my PC.

Actually....how is that i7 compared to the i5-2500k pcbros?
Cant compare the two intel cpus, but the i5-2500k runs at least as well (and in many cases better) than the FX-8350. Unless they have figured out how to efficiently use more than 4 threads, I would think you should be fine. I'm always skeptical when I see an i7 recommended over an i5 as the hyperthreading hasnt shown much (if any) advantage in gaming. Maybe it helps if you stream as well....

That's pretty beefy. 6 GB of RAM / i5 minimum? I'm getting ready to build a new system, so I'll have it covered, but it wouldn't even start on my current machine.
That's an i5-970 though right? That's a first gen i5 processor isn't it. So even an i3 second or third gen should cover it.

We'll see. I picked up an Alienware Alpha for cheap so I've been dabbling in PC gaming lately until I decide to build a rig.

Cant compare the two intel cpus, but the i5-2500k runs at least as well (and in many cases better) than the FX-8350. Unless they have figured out how to efficiently use more than 4 threads, I would think you should be fine. I'm always skeptical when I see an i7 recommended over an i5 as the hyperthreading hasnt shown much (if any) advantage in gaming. Maybe it helps if you stream as well....
Thanks. IM still not sure whether or not to go PC for Witcher 3 and what settings I will be getting with the i5-2500k @ 4.3...Feels like poop being on the minimum specs when just a couple years ago I was at higher than recommended. Normally I wouldnt mind if I had money and wasnt just finishing college -.-

[quote name="cyrus386" post="12655950" timestamp="1429800370"]Good luck finding something to spend all those Gabenbucks on.[/quote]
About that, is it better to wait for summer sales to sell them? Sitting on more than 2k now.

[quote name="Gedemer" post="12655971" timestamp="1429801575"]How do ya'll "idle"? Using the Idle Master?[/quote]
How dare you!! We are CAP, we play our games! (No ycs on tapatalk)

About that, is it better to wait for summer sales to sell them? Sitting on more than 2k now.
Depends. Demand generally increases around the major sales when there's an incentive to craft badges for competition points, sale cards, etc. However, card prices overall have gone down in value over time since the supply has greatly increased.

For example, during the winter 2013 and summer 2014 sales, the sale cards were as high as $0.55 each during the first couple days (when people were trying to craft badges and make their money back by selling the sale cards). During the last winter sale, the event cards didn't go higher than about $0.27 and then dropped to under $0.20 after a day or two. At that point there was no financial incentive to complete badges.

Card prices and demand may increase during the next sale, but I don't think it would be too significant (if you check any card's price history, there are some small bumps around last Nov and Dec). I'd start listing your cards now and monitor them casually, re-listing as necessary or desired if they don't sell after a few weeks.

Then again, this is all hypothetical because Valve may find a new way to increase demand for cards and crafting in the next sale. If I've learned anything, Valve can play Steam users like cheap fiddles. ;)

Although those Arkham Knight specs look pretty crazy...again I'll believe it when I see it. Luckily my current machine just barely sneaks by as being able to cover the minimum specs, but it's always hard for me to take these things seriously. 

It doesn't really matter though since I probably won't buy any games coming out this year for another year and a half when they hit five bucks. Nice thing about being a CAG is it gives you plenty of buffer time to set up a new system.

Thanks. IM still not sure whether or not to go PC for Witcher 3 and what settings I will be getting with the i5-2500k @ 4.3...Feels like poop being on the minimum specs when just a couple years ago I was at higher than recommended. Normally I wouldnt mind if I had money and wasnt just finishing college -.-
well, were you expecting future proofing, by buying the best hardware possible at the time?

Yea... my desktop was a beautiful max specc'd beast.. but it isn't enough for Witcher.. I am considering dual vid's for it though.. that'd maximize it's already ok graphics card.  I have no idea where GTX 780 falls anymore because I stopped paying attention.

inm8num2 gave a pretty solid answer. I'll just say this: no one knows. It all depends on Valve and whether or not their sale event incentivizes card crafting. Steam did a nice job cleaning up the item market during December. Now if only they'd run an event that encouraged crafting badges.

If you're crafting to sell, then your best bet is almost always to sell them right away. But that still depends on whether or not you can beat the masses to the market to sell your cards (see spoder, for example). But once a game is bundled or gets a decent sale on Steam, the prices almost always drop below .10.

Although those Arkham Knight specs look pretty crazy... ....It doesn't really matter though since I probably won't buy any games coming out this year for another year and a half when they hit five bucks.
It's going to be real hard for me not to Fakeybro Arkham Knight. I had no trouble holding out on Origins because it wasn't Rocksteady. AK looks amazing though.

Because nobody demanded it!

https://twitter.com/BlockstormGame/status/591279350399574016

Gentlemen, prepare your alts!

Edit: Wait a sec. THIS DOESN'T GIVE YOU CARDS! It activates a limited version of the game!

DiQk2Im.jpg

Yea... my desktop was a beautiful max specc'd beast.. but it isn't enough for Witcher.. I am considering dual vid's for it though.. that'd maximize it's already ok graphics card. I have no idea where GTX 780 falls anymore because I stopped paying attention.
gtx 780 are probably comparable to a gtx 970 in the nvidia line

I thought real cheapasses got their systems for free scrounging decommissioned work computers and family and friends scraps? I'm still using an i3-550 and a GTS 250, but it's probably past time for an upgrade.

gtx 780 are probably comparable to a gtx 970 in the nvidia line
yup, friend of mine has a 780 and I have a 970. He has a much more recent proc, i7-2600k vs his i5-4690 though the 2600 still beats it in many benchmarks, but we both get similar performance out of games.

I thought real cheapasses got their systems for free scrounging decommissioned work computers and family and friends scraps? I'm still using an i3-550 and a GTS 250, but it's probably past time for an upgrade.
Na. Even when I was broke, most of my money went to my computer. But that was back when Steam wasn't respected at all, and people were still buying physical PC games.

I want to upgrade my video card, not that I really need to (I have a 670). I want a 970, but with the lawsuit about the 0.5 GB being the slower RAM, I kinda want to wait. I should find out if that issue's been resolved.

Na. Even when I was broke, most of my money went to my computer. But that was back when Steam wasn't respected at all, and people were still buying physical PC games.

I want to upgrade my video card, not that I really need to (I have a 670). I want a 970, but with the lawsuit about the 0.5 GB being the slower RAM, I kinda want to wait. I should find out if that issue's been resolved.
i highly doubt the lawsuit will go through plus. a price drop for the 900 series nvida line depends on what the amd 300x series reveal. there are also rumor they are revealing 980 ti in may of this year, which will carry 6GB of GDDR5 memory

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-to-launch-geforce-gtx-980-ti-next-month-geforce-gtx-980-metal-in-the-works-report/

Missed the sale on Don't Starve, don't worry it on sale again because nobody on Steam looks at their own fucking sale list and noticed they put it on sale twice!

From a lot of research on sites like Tom's hardware, hardocp, overclock and etc it will show CPU is not that important for gaming. I would give links but on phone.
It really comes down to your over all components in your in system. I have a i5 2500k and it can run Shadow of Mordor on ultra settings at 100+ fps because of the rest of my components.

Even if the lawsuit is successful or Nvidia settles, consumers will see very little and you have to buy a 970 to qualify anyways. If what you mean is that Nvidia would be forced to pull the card from the market and release a non-gimped version, that's not going to happen.

Steam introduces paid mods

Skyrim. NOW WITH HATS!

Introducing New Ways to Support Workshop Creators

The Steam Workshop has always been a great place for sharing mods, maps, hats, and all kinds of items that you’ve created. Now it's also a great place for selling those creations.

With a new, streamlined process for listing and selling your creations, the Steam Workshop now supports buying mods directly from the Workshop, to be immediately usable in game.

Discover the best new mods for your game and enable the creators to continue making new items and experiences.
The floodgates are open, people. The end is nigh!

That's a really good bundle...too bad I have all the games of interest outside of speed runners and guacamelee super crazy give us more money edition

Oh crud, what a horrible idea. There's no way I'm paying one penny for mod content and neither should anybody else. It would set a horrible precedent and cost us tons of content that is usually free.
It'll be interesting to see how many mod authors will pull their work from places like TES Nexus so that it's only available for sale from the Steam Workshop.

So Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition (with season pass) is 66% off, making it only 50 cents more than the vanilla. Kind of tempted now. I assume its a price mistake.

Oh crud, what a horrible idea. There's no way I'm paying one penny for mod content and neither should anybody else. It would set a horrible precedent and cost us tons of content that is usually free.
So people should work for free? Or that gamers are entitled to free content made by other people because it was free in the past?

If mod authors want to charge money for their work, they should do so if they think people will pay for it. If you don't like it or don't think the mod is worth the money, don't buy it. Not a difficult concept.

bread's done
Back