Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I used 0.6 back in November to get ready for the winter sale. I saw the GUI on 0.7 and stopped updating, but it's been a long time since then. I now have 270 cards within 78 games with drops remaining. I want to get those out of the way. :(
I'm running the latest one (according to the version number.)

man, where are the PC deals?
l-They-Went-That-a-way-by-sparky2000.jpg

Here you go, I'll throw you a bone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Idlemaster take a really long time to run the first time?  

Theres a window thats up that says "Saving your information" and it has a spinning icon.  I just signed in to steam through the app as well

I talked to jshaq about it earlier this year since I was also having that problem. Then I installed 0.8 from http://www.steamidlemaster.com/ and it works fine. I run it once a day and it idles perfectly fine.

And I seriously love the gif in the "About" section of the program. ;)
I -was- running 0.8. :|

A lot of people are having issues with it even today.

Edit: And the community seems to be dead for some reason so I think I'm going to not play any games with achievements until that gets fixed.

I -was- running 0.8. :|

A lot of people are having issues with it even today.

Edit: And the community seems to be dead for some reason so I think I'm going to not play any games with achievements until that gets fixed.
That's weird, maybe you need to do a fresh reinstall? The problem I had with the older version was that it only read the first page of my badges and didn't idle anything past that. 0.8 runs without error for me, but I went from the non-install version to the install version.

Tomorrow as far as I know. Ashes will be doing the ceremony, it's why she was invited back.
I'm more used to sewing people together, but I can try doing it spiritually.

WTF do you do, now, to get rid of an old computer(s)? "They" don't want you to put them in the trash, anymore. AND, I'm not going to pay some ass-hat to dispose of it. Thinking of just taking a grinder or a Sawzall to these bastards.
Goodwill does free Computer/Electronics/TV recycling.

That's weird, maybe you need to do a fresh reinstall? The problem I had with the older version was that it only read the first page of my badges and didn't idle anything past that. 0.8 runs without error for me, but I went from the non-install version to the install version.
I always go for portable versions whenever they exist, since it's easier to move them to new computer installs.

I'll just try 0.6 again and hope for the best.

Edit: Daily is Thief 4 at 80% off. Still no way to upgrade to the CE, so screw you Squeenix.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

how does thief run on the pc? good pc port?
MysterD's review for Thief 2014:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/239160/

Nixxes has done a good job with making the PC version look technically excellent - which seems like the norm for them, after seeing many of their recent ports for Square Enix + Eidos (Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider 2013, Sleeping Dogs, etc). Though, performance was all erratic on DX11 w/ most things on Normal on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit) on its own - ranging from 40 frames to 60 frames per sec at any moment. Locking it down to a 40 frames maximum with EVGA Precision X certainly solved this issue.

A day later and still Gabe Newell's reddit post bothers me. He starts with:

On Thursday I was flying back from LA. When I landed, I had 3,500 new messages. Hmmm. Looks like we did something to piss off the Internet.

Yesterday I was distracted as I had to see my surgeon about a blister in my eye (#FuchsDystrophySucks), but I got some background on the paid mods issues.

So here I am, probably a day late, to make sure that if people are pissed off, they are at least pissed off for the right reasons.
Steam is launching a whole new monetization stream and he's (acting?) clueless/unaware, let alone making sure he's ready to respond to foreseeable issues.

Steam is launching a whole new monetization stream and he's (acting?) clueless/unaware, let alone making sure he's ready to respond to foreseeable issues.
Maybe he thought everybody would be on-board w/ this b/c Steam came-up w/ the idea and everybody seems to love Steam, in most instances.

Well...Gabe thought wrong, apparently.

There's so many pitfalls legally (as we've already seen w/ stealing + selling someone else's mod; and countless possibilities in copyright infringement w/ other modders and/or other actually game-companies) when monetizing such things, especially w/ such a Greenlight-style Wild Wild West approach out there to "let's let anything go on and we'll react to it" instead of say letting Valve themselves and/or the dev's/pub curate, regulate + decide what 3rd-party mods can be sold or not - they've totally missed the boat here.

There was a "Gray area" with free-modding b/c when you're not charging $ for a mod for profit, are you really infringing here if you use some other's content - especially if it was a free-modder's content - in your mod? Or, would it really drive Disney mad enough to send a Cease + Desist or sue the modder, if someone created their own Star Wars content as a mod to Homeworld and released that for free? Maybe. Maybe not.

Plus, throw on top that PC gaming consumers are used to getting mods for free...Gabe + Valve totally missed the boat on this one.

Maybe he thought everybody would be on-board w/ this b/c Steam came-up w/ the idea and everybody seems to love Steam, in most instances.

Well...Gabe thought wrong, apparently.

There's so many pitfalls legally (as we've already seen w/ stealing + selling someone else's mod; and countless possibilities in copyright infringement w/ other modders and/or other actually game-companies), especially w/ such a Greenlight-style Wild Wild West approach out there to "let's let anything go on and we'll react to it" instead of say letting Valve themselves and/or the dev's/pub curate, regulate + decide what 3rd-party mods can be sold or not - they've totally.

Plus, throw on top that PC gaming consumers are used to getting mods for free - Gabe + Valve totally missed the boat on this one.
which i can't understand, people worship the steam client, yet complains about having to use origin, or uplay.

2 possibilities:

A) Gabe's current medical situation has made him take a backseat and leave things to other people, so he's just incompetent (though maybe justifiably)

or

B) Valve's PR team advised him to play dumb and be amicable to avoid tarnishing his public image which has at least something to do with Steam's success.

which i can't understand, people worship the steam client, yet complains about having to use origin, or uplay.
Valve, for some reason, has always been seen as more PC-Friendly. At least in PR, since they've made great money here probably - they've always been pro-PC gaming, when obviously many game-companies (Dev's and pub's; and even brick + mortar retailers) were looking to do more console-gaming focused & treating PC games as an after-thought. And since Steam shown many the light that it can be extremely successful, more who were questioning if PC sales were worthwhile have....changed their mind.

Steam's a much more robust client, has much more features, and been around much longer than most of the others - I think that's part of it. Also, many of us have gotten great sales and a ton of games, in which a tons of these are all tied to Steam. I also think that many consumers want to toss their own eggs on one basket onto the PC here w/ Steam - some gamers just do not want to deal w/ a bunch of different clients, if they don't have to.

2 possibilities:

A) Gabe's current medical situation has made him take a backseat and leave things to other people, so he's just incompetent (though maybe justifiably)

or

B) Valve's PR team advised him to play dumb and be amicable to avoid tarnishing his public image which has at least something to do with Steam's success.
A) And yet not serious enough for him to stay out of it.

B) Buy a new PR team.

I took some time off from idling on my alts to actually play Battlepaths for a bit and... the game isn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. It certainly deserved better than being an Indie Gala freebie, at any rate.

So, I've been using an Antec 900 with my main rig for years now, and with a kid on the way I'm thinking about downgrading to something more spill-proof.  Airflow isn't a huge concern for me anyway as I don't overclock and don't run super-hot videocards.  This budget Antec looks pretty good, although no USB 3.0 kind of sucks.  Anybody have any thoughts?

So, I've been using an Antec 900 with my main rig for years now, and with a kid on the way I'm thinking about downgrading to something more spill-proof. Airflow isn't a huge concern for me anyway as I don't overclock and don't run super-hot videocards. This budget Antec looks pretty good, although no USB 3.0 kind of sucks. Anybody have any thoughts?
that is the same case i have, lol

this one from raidermax is better, if you want to go cheap, plus it has one usb 3.0 , around $24 after mail in rebate

especially, if you are worry about spills.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156311

If I wanted to assure the public that I was on top of something and ready to change it as needed, I sure as fuck wouldn't invoke Greenlight or Steam's customer service in the same breath. What's it been, like two years now that Valve's been promising that they're really aware of Greenlight's problems and are going to fix them?

So we can expect changes to the Paid Workshop in... 2019?

Valve won't improve Greenlight or CS. If they wanted to, they'll be fixed already. This is not the first time Gabe recognizes those failures.

Hey has everybody heard about the paid mods thing? What is everybody's thoughts on that? Haven't seen any discussion so thought I'd bring it up. THanks

This is what Gabe said by the way:

Actually money is how the community steers work.
What's bad about that statement is that the context is wrong. In a very general sense, especially from Gaben's viewpoint, that's a true statement in Steam. But it's not true in the modding community. Or rather, it wasn't until Valve/Bethesda fucked it all up.

That last bit is what I hate most, how that kind of statement is self-fulfiling when someone who can make a difference uses it so carelessly. It wasn't true when people relied on Nexus and word of mouth. But it became true the moment Valve sunk its filthy cock into the whole scene.

And this has been a long time coming, those conditions giving Valve their 25% cut have been in place since them moment the Workshop opened. Since 2011? So it's not Gaben's illness, it's not a temporarily misstep, it's none of that. They planned for this.

That was a dumb thing to say, the downvotes are warranted. Looks like the down-to-earth approach failed.

This is what Gabe said by the way:
Actually the downvotes are a problem. Reddit votes aren't designed to function as a reputation system, and sufficient downvotes bury content. While most redditors may not agree with GabeN, anyone visiting that thread wants to see GabeN's responses.

My mom always used to say, if a deal isn't good.. then don't post it.
Then explain this.

bread's done
Back