Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Trojan Magnum XSs
FTFY

tinycondomPA_450x350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never really been able to get into the gameplay of baseball games, but I like the management parts...probably put about 50 or 60 hours into ootp when i first got back into pc gaming. Need to boot up the OOTP14 i got from that humble pencil pushers bundle
I love the management part of the sports games, I think FM is the only one I actually watch the games, I do play some (but not baseball) for the FIFAs, NCAA Footballs and such but usually manage while playing a few.

I like Baseball Mogul more if I'm being honest. I feel a bit overwhelmed by OOTP, it's just so in depth in places.
I liked Baseball Mogul, haven't played it in a long time though. The first time I played OOTP (I think it was 11?), I went in trying to manage all my minor league line-ups and such. I quickly realized how overwhelming that gets haha. Even still I get overwhelmed managing the roster and who goes up/down, cut, etc. it is very in depth, but at least does it in a more fun way then FM has been trying.

Still think my favorite Sports sim, especially with FM going the way it has, is EHM 07. I'm really interested to see how the new version is going to turn out, been too long since they've had a hockey sim.

Yea AVG, Malewarebytes.. I used to use Ad-Aware but they got annoying.. and AVG is getting there..it keeps flagging my nzone.exe as well for virus.. pisses me off as I tell it that's an exception.

AVG catches more than my companies Norton software... but yea... I need to decide on another one but they all seem to have issues.
I would go with Avira if you need something that's free. It's given me the least issues. I'd rather use no antivirus than use AVG, less hassle and probably not much difference in protection if you use common sense.

Does that movie have a Kenny Rogers cameo, at least? 'Cause you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold' em, know when to walk away, know when to run.

... I'll go away now.

Completely off-topic, but out of curiosity, what sort of antivirus do you guys use?
Avira because it has the highest detection rate (and seen that first hand)... also fewer false positives than others (e.g. Sophos).

Apparently I'm with spoder.

Edit: and toaster. I seem to keep strange company.

I'll also add that the free version is quite painless. The odd one-click-be-gone nag at boot, and that's it.

Huh, I wanted to see that. Good to know that it's worth my time, if not my money.
If you want really good acting, this movie has it.

If you want a great plot, story & characters - wrong movie. This movie took way too much of a course in Hollywood Cliches + Tropes 101. I can't count the number of times that I threw my hands up in the air, after already calling, "Here's what's going to happen next...." - and indeed, that was what happened next.

Rent it if you get a cheap or free Redbox code; or you just so happen to hope to catch it on any subscription station you pay for (i.e. HBO, Starz, or whatever it comes too, if you have any of those).

Mediocre at best - namely, thanks to the acting elevating the (dull) script.

Completely off-topic, but out of curiosity, what sort of antivirus do you guys use?
Avast rocks if you turn off all the retarded stuff. I tried Webroot last month for the trial period and it was the best AV for gaming I've ever molested but then it said I had to pay up so I gave it the boot.

I'm tempted to pick up FC: Blood Dragon and/or Valiant Hearts. Is uPlay as terrible as I'm led to believe?

Maybe I'll just wait for those games to be in the next Ubisoft Humble Bundle. ;)

But then you'll only get Uplay keys.. What would be the point of that?
If he gets games in the $1 tier namely to check out UPLAY, shouldn't be too much of a risk.

Now, if you bought a $40 game to check out UPLAY - ugh.

UPLAY is at times more functional than G4WL, but that's about it...

Define how terrible you expect uPlay to be.
Somewhere between the current Groupees Bundle in a Box and stubbing my toe on the leg of a table.

But then you'll only get Uplay keys.. What would be the point of that?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

---

In all seriousness I don't really care about uPlay, as long as it functions the same way Steam does. I just have an aversion to running anything other than Steam. Anyway, I'll probably hold off on purchasing because I have enough games to play between now and the summer when these titles likely go 75% off again. Too bad Steam wallet funds don't earn interest over time...

ToasterNet is not getting in the way of progress.

ToasterNet is always making progress.
ToasterNet IS progress

Avast rocks if you turn off all the retarded stuff. I tried Webroot last month for the trial period and it was the best AV for gaming I've ever molested but then it said I had to pay up so I gave it the boot.
Long ago, I loved AVG. Then it became a bloated, clunky pain in the ass. So I switched to Avast, and that was awesome. Then it started becoming a bloated, clunky sales-pushy pain in the ass. So I've switched to MSE and it leaves me alone.

I only use Microsoft Security Essentials. And also run Malwarebits from time to time.
same

MSE since it came out is the only one that I have never seen suck up a ridiculous amount of cpu and memory. Always performed better for me than any of the third party solutions. It stays out of the way and I never know that its actually doing anything besides the occasional taskmgr peek, IMHO how an anti-virus should be

bread's done
Back