Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
YES! Won the interwebz twice in 1 day!

deathpirate.png
I warned him on Facebook that Spoderman was looking for him. I'll doing this for all the games I want keys for now. :bow:

Nah, this is the person who was acting like we were crazy earlier today for thinking Activision should lower their prices more.

I'm pretty sure this was meant as a some sort of biting commentary on the state of CAG and an attempt shame us. I think he/she thinks we are at www.PayAsHighAPremiumForDigitalGamesAsTheMarketWillArguablyBear.com
I like how people interpret a simple comment like 'if you don't like it, don't buy it' = 'you crazy'. And you're just thinking too much about my comments; chalk me up as flattered. ;)

BTW, it pays to know friends that work in the industry so you get free PC game keys(or in this case don't pay).

I dunno.  I made the mistake of allowing Avira to add a Chrome browsing extension.  As soon as I went to Amazon, there was an add.  Then I went to google something and another pop up.  So I deleted that.

It's still flagging nzone.exe after I told it to leave it alone as well.

I dunno. I made the mistake of allowing Avira to add a Chrome browsing extension. As soon as I went to Amazon, there was an add. Then I went to google something and another pop up. So I deleted that.

It's still flagging nzone.exe after I told it to leave it alone as well.
Never add browser extensions unless you know what it's for and you're 100% likely to use it. I should add that to my moran prevention list.

Not sure what's going on with nzone.exe, it's a little bit odd that this is the 2nd virus scanner you're using that's flagging it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It changes my wifi MAC addresses for me.  It's not a surprise that it's being flagged but I'm purposely using it for that.  And I tell the scanners to ignore it... you'd think they'd ignore it.  So then I dumped it in a different file and it still flagged it so I told it to ignore the whole file, still popped.  Just stupid.

Gamesrepublic is giving away a Steam key for Anomaly Korea if you create an account.  Also, Anomaly 2 is given with your first purchase.  I'm not familiar with them and I don't see them in the OP.  Anyone use them?  Legit?

Gamesrepublic is giving away a Steam key for Anomaly Korea if you create an account. Also, Anomaly 2 is given with your first purchase. I'm not familiar with them and I don't see them in the OP. Anyone use them? Legit?
Yes. It's ran by 11bit studios (devs of Anomaly-series)

I like how people interpret a simple comment like 'if you don't like it, don't buy it' = 'you crazy'. And you're just thinking too much about my comments; chalk me up as flattered. ;)

BTW, it pays to know friends that work in the industry so you get free PC game keys(or in this case don't pay).
Oh come on now... it was a bit more than that. You should own it. In the first 2 comments you called the people who were calling for a bigger discount immature, whiny and entitled. Then you attempted some biting satire in the third.

In this last post you basically admitted to being Bobby Kotick's niece or nephew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems reasonable, but I still cant help but think there are better ways.

Limits on new accounts, or accounts below a certain threshold. (age, level, total value of library)
Limits on things purchased with new payment forms. ie If the user inputs a new CC#, items purchased can't be traded for 1 week.

There are probably more, but either of these seem like better options than a flat 1 week ban for everyone.

Limits on new accounts, or accounts below a certain threshold. (age, level, total value of library)
Limits on things purchased with new payment forms. ie If the user inputs a new CC#, items purchased can't be traded for 1 week.

There are probably more, but either of these seem like better options than a flat 1 week ban for everyone.
It's 30 days. :p

"We hated doing it, but we didn't have a better solution."

You heard the man. They didn't have a better solution! And they spent like an entire lunch bathroom ear scratch break thinking about it.

Clearly you all don't know how hard it is for Steam to detect a completely different name, address, cc#, ip address, and machine name. Forcing a waiting period on payment type changes before being able to purchase or noticing dormant accounts suddenly making large amounts of purchases and trades is like technology 20 years away. Amazon is unfair by using futuretech.

In less important news Canabalt keys were added to HB for people that had the mobile bundles.

bread's done
Back