Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's so good I'm thinking of crafting a badge. Of course, I'll wait a few days for release when more people have it and card prices go down. I'm not crazy!
The scary thing is I said exactly this to Spoder this morning. He made (and deleted) a comment about how you just wanted the cards cheap or something and I said I interpreted that to mean you wanted it to be bundled so you can buy the cards cheap to craft a badge, but then I said Mooby would never craft a badge. That's just crazy talk.

Whoa, I'm the next Miss Cleo.

I appreciate the replies. I've made a list of primarily games I have not started and never played before yet; ones I spent quite a heavy sum of money on. Most were RPG's or Horror which are the two genres I usually am willing to dish out more money for anyways because I know its going to be worth my bucks.
There are a lot of people here who just buy stuff to add a +1 to their Steam list. And while I used to be on the bundle train a few years ago I rarely buy them anymore because they're filled with trash. You're better off paying higher prices for stuff you'll play and enjoy fairly immediately then you are throwing money away on crap you'll never play at all no matter how cheap it costs.

I don't preorder many games (and certainly not AAA games) but I have gotten a few where after looking at videos and gameplay I'm fairly certain of what I'm getting. That and the price the preorders were offered at were reasonable (so, again, no AAA stuff). Games I've preordered/early accessed/KS'ed in the last several years: Torchlight 2, Orcs Must Die 2, Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin, Isaac Rebirth (although I regret this a bit as I haven't played much... probably just burnt out on vanilla Isaac), Darkest Dungeon, and Invisible, Inc. Probably a couple more I'm not recalling right now.

So, sure, you can buy some indie bundle for $5 and get a bunch of cheap games you'll never play or you can essentially reduce the cost of something like Killing Floor 2 from $30 to $25. Ask yourself how much entertainment you'll get out of what you're buying.

Re: streamers, they don't count. All of their game purchases are subsidized by their streaming/channel hits. It's a business. Unless you're making hundreds of dollars a month or more from streaming it isn't really applicable to the average gamer.

But there's neodymium and it can like...make it sound like Skrillex is having a seizure right next to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, how do you do that Coral? Everything I click on says I'm getting Grass Simulator, but it is actually a different game when redeemed. Did I miss something?
If you try to activate a game and it's taken, keep the activation window open and activate something else successfully - then it will show the name of the first game you tried to redeem. This has been a bug in Steam for some time.

DP83Y-RNCBB-0VJBK

26JPK-C74C6-P2IR9

AL6WD-JNB0Z-QK36Z

6AMJC-K385C-QR0FA

MIWTA-HQDJ3-G9A2D

W3DFN-5IELK-IAX44

3IJCA-TTER9-A2BE4

BLITH-83J7D-00IC3

I defeated Seath, a little bit ago. :D
I put on Havel's armor to fight him (since it's much better w/ protection from Curses and other things) - and had no problem taking him down, once I figured out how to damage Seath.

Once breaking the crystal in the back and began swinging at his tail - pretty much, I wrecked him. He barely did damage, except for his crystal attack.

It's amazing how sometimes - something can seem so hard at first; then be a bit or much easier once you figure out how to defeat the enemy and/or get some advice/guidance on how to battle a boss.
I've argued dark souls is basically a puzzle game in many ways. or like mega man, sure you can chip away with the mega buster and clear the whole game but there is usually a super simple way to defeat each boss waiting to be figured out.

If you try to activate a game and it's taken, keep the activation window open and activate something else successfully - then it will show the name of the first game you tried to redeem. This has been a bug in Steam for some time.

DP83Y-RNCBB-0VJBK

26JPK-C74C6-P2IR9

AL6WD-JNB0Z-QK36Z

6AMJC-K385C-QR0FA

MIWTA-HQDJ3-G9A2D

W3DFN-5IELK-IAX44

3IJCA-TTER9-A2BE4

BLITH-83J7D-00IC3
26JPK-C74C6-P2IR9

Redeemed.

Tried the others, and the ones below it did not work

Those who own Dangerous: Elite Non-Steam versions, you'll be getting Steam keys:

http://www.pcgamer.com/existing-elite-dangerous-owners-will-be-granted-steam-keys/
Well that's a mixed blessing.

On the one hand, a couple of my friends will be able to take screenshots more easily.

On the other hand, some of the most whiny, immature, irresponsible self-entitled cretins who don't understand how buying a game works will be rewarded despite their embarrassing obnoxious posts on the subject.

Congrats to everyone who wanted to get their Elite on Steam but didn't whine about it! :)

Hmmm... I should probably add something Steam-dealy to this post. Anyone with Shadow of Mordor who wants the $19.99 Season Pass, it's been replaced with the $9.99 GOTY Edition Upgrade (works exactly the same, but half the price), so just wait for the next 50% sale and grab it for five bucks. (Or don't. From the way the content is described, $5 might be appropriate, or may even still be a touch high.)

Those who own Dangerous: Elite Non-Steam versions, you'll be getting Steam keys:

http://www.pcgamer.com/existing-elite-dangerous-owners-will-be-granted-steam-keys/
Honestly, it's about time. No reason to screw early adopters.

Edit: Here's my reasoning so you don't think I'm just an entitled brat (which I can be).

The Dev's came out early on and stated it wouldn't be a Steam game.

That's cool, I can respect that.

I buy said game. It's good. I like it. Updates are a bit of a pain (for me) but still.

Then they launch on Steam. And us early adopters (the ones who essentially hyped the game), get left holding a half empty bag.

Heres the proof:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-26-elite-dangerous-the-david-braben-interview

Will you launch the game on Steam?

David Braben: No. We've got to support the game with our own back end anyway, so I don't see the benefit of it.

OK, CAGers, have any of you guys bought from CDKeys.com? I'm on the fence about them. I want to buy Arkham Knight there but the trustworthiness seems questionable at best
I haven't and I won't.

There's a reason the regulars here swear off places like CDKeys.com - they're re-sellers. It's less of an issue of whether the key will activate (you're probably ok), it's more a question of whether it stays in your library and how long for.

You don't know where that key has come from and how it was paid for. If it's been bought on a stolen credit card, expect the key to be revoked and your library to lose a game.

It's up to you if you want to take the risk, but it's shady stuff and your concerns are justified. In my personal opinion you're better buying from a legit site like GMG.

Nobody in their right mind should be recommending re-seller sites like CDKeys.com with a clear conscience.

:grouphug:

Hmmm... I should probably add something Steam-dealy to this post. Anyone with Shadow of Mordor who wants the $19.99 Season Pass, it's been replaced with the $9.99 GOTY Edition Upgrade (works exactly the same, but half the price), so just wait for the next 50% sale and grab it for five bucks. (Or don't. From the way the content is described, $5 might be appropriate, or may even still be a touch high.)
Curiously, the GOTY upgrade on Nuuvem is 45.99 Brazilian Reals which comes out to $15 in USD. But the GOTY upgrade is a base $10 on Steam :whistle2:k

A few quick notes about grey market resellers (CDKeys, G2A, etc):

(1) I've seen people here load up on glitched prices, spend hours trying to get an obviously glitched Bethesda bundle or staying up until 2am to catch sale price roll-over errors, use a broken EA coupon thirty times in a row, buy Steam gifts from Russia, use proxies, etc.  When people here say "No thanks" to grey market sites, it's not a moral statement of consumer integrity.  Some people try to turn it into a goody-two-shoes thing and people just being too square to take a deal.  That ain't it. It's just a statement of grey market sites not being worth risks and knowing that at least Gamersgate will refund your purchase when they revoke your keys. 

(2) The most common source for grey market keys are economically depressed regions (Russia/CIS, India, parts of Asia, etc).  Some of these areas (Russia/CIS namely) are also rife with credit card fraud and identity theft.  There's been cases of keys being revoked because it was discovered that they were bought with stolen cards or are literally scanned from stolen retail boxes.  There's also been a growing crackdown on region locking games from these places, sometimes after the game has launched.  So there's a legitimate reason to consider grey market keys to be higher risk.

(3) It's a game of odds.  Just because "It never happened to me" doesn't mean that the odds are more favorable.

(4) Grey market sites are middlemen between you and the actual key seller.  When I buy a game from Nuuvem, I'm dealing with Nuuvem who has their own authorized source of keys.  If I have a problem, I'm dealing directly with the people who have the developer in their Rolodex.  When you buy a grey market key, you contact CheapSteamKeys.com when the guy who has your money is Vladimir Keyscanski and hope the three of you can work it out.

(5) Pointing out something like GMG's Witcher 3 debacle with CD Projekt Red doesn't give credibility to CDKeys.com.  If it makes you want to use GMG less then that makes sense but you wouldn't listen to someone who says "Hey, did you hear that someone got food poisoning from the French Harbor Cafe?  Boy, I bet you feel stupid not buying buckets of seafood from that one guy's car trunk in the parking lot now, huh?  Maybe he's still there and we can get a pail of shrimp!"

[quote name="Flowette" post="12685271" timestamp="1431347527"]I haven't and I won't.

There's a reason the regulars here swear off places like CDKeys.com - they're re-sellers. It's less of an issue of whether the key will activate (you're probably ok), it's more a question of whether it stays in your library and how long for.

You don't know where that key has come from and how it was paid for. If it's been bought on a stolen credit card, expect the key to be revoked and your library to lose a game.

It's up to you if you want to take the risk, but it's shady stuff and your concerns are justified. In my personal opinion you're better buying from a legit site like GMG.

Nobody in their right mind should be recommending re-seller sites like CDKeys.com with a clear conscience.

:grouphug:[/quote]
Hmmm... that's what I wanted to know. Funny thing is: I keep getting emails from IGN.com endorsing them. It must be some kinda shady deal. A "We're legit IGN, we swear!" I'm sure some C level clerk there checked them out by Googling them and said, "Meh, seems Legit..."

Nuuvem it is them.

Thanks!

Hmmm... that's what I wanted to know. Funny thing is: I keep getting emails from IGN.com endorsing them. It must be some kinda shady deal. A "We're legit IGN, we swear!" I'm sure some C level clerk there checked them out by Googling them and said, "Meh, seems Legit..." Nuuvem it is them. Thanks!
It's cash. They have a profit-sharing endorsement deal of some sort set up (money from click throughs, paid advertising, etc) I guarantee you. IGN is no more doing it because they truly believe in the product than Brooke Shields truly believes in the superior quality of Lay-Z-Boy recliners.

A few quick notes about grey market resellers
Thanks. I was extremely leery about sites like those. But like I said before, I get tons of emails from IGN about them. I was confused because IGN endorses them, so I thought they were legit.

I appreciate the explanation. It's risk I'm not willing to take.

Thanks man

Edit: Here's my reasoning so you don't think I'm just an entitled brat (which I can be).

I buy said game. It's good. I like it. Updates are a bit of a pain (for me) but still.

Then they launch on Steam. And us early adopters (the ones who essentially hyped the game), get left holding a half empty bag.

Heres the proof:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-26-elite-dangerous-the-david-braben-interview

David Braben: No. We've got to support the game with our own back end anyway, so I don't see the benefit of it.
Meh, so they changed their minds, so what? As long as they're providing Steam keys I don't see why it's a big deal.

Meh, so they changed their minds, so what? As long as they're providing Steam keys I don't see why it's a big deal.
They are, now. Their original statement was :speaktothehand: fuck off to early adopters.

Good turn around. Which is why it's praise instead of scorn and derision.
I don't have a horse in this race but I agree with Ikeda. It's extremely common that games that do crowd sourcing / early pre-orders etc give Steam keys when the game gets on Steam. Even little obscure indie devs with nichey games do it. It doesn't cost them anything to do and in this case you've got people who gave them a significant chunk of change for unfinished game and a lot of faith in them. This isn't just someone not wanting to give keys to people who paid 25 cents for their game in a bundle 2 years ago.

It's good that they changed their minds but it says something that they had to be badgered to do it for the people who really are their bread and butter and have helped them fund their game.

* Edit to add: Their announcement that they appreciate when people buy direct from them since they get more money that way and that people who do so going forward will also now get Steam keys perhaps hints that maybe their direct sales are less than they had hoped since the game launched on Steam but Steam keys were still not provided when buying direct (until now).

In other words, maybe they decided to give Steam keys to get more direct sales and once doing that they couldn't exactly tell the past buyers they couldn't have one.

I could count on my fingers..

Half the size on the hard drive

Already out

Constantly being updated

.... for free.

Either way.. it's a game that I enjoy and the market doesn't have enough of.  Either way.  I try not to Fakey stuff anymore but this is one of mine.  I know it's not a racing game like some... but it's there.

I also bought into SC but their continued monetization makes me wonder if we won't ever see anything that's close to what I'm looking for... let alone in any balanced way.

Heres the proof:

And the game did NOT launch on Steam. It launched on their own platform. It came to Steam MONTHS after launch! You simply misinterpreted what was said.

When you buy a game for a platform, you are buying a game for that platform. You are not automatically entitled to it on another platform if it is not mentioned at the time of sale. Being aware of what you are buying is key to being good with money - surely a prerequisite for being a good CAG? ;)

Quite generous of Frontier to give everybody Steam versions, but they were under no obligation, no matter how you twist their words.

And the game did NOT launch on Steam. It launched on their own platform. It came to Steam MONTHS after launch! You simply misinterpreted what was said.
I don't own the game but the way that was written sounds as though they wouldn't release on Steam due to technical concerns. Which I wouldn't expect to change (did the stop supporting the game on their own back end?) so while misinterpreted, assuming that the game wouldn't get a Steam release seems reasonable.

The idea that it wouldn't be on Steam no doubt affected some people's purchasing decisions. There's a lot of people out there who would delay a purchase knowing that it will come out on Steam later. Whether or not it's intentional, if I had bought early I would feel a bit duped as though I got hit for an early purchase because they didn't want me to wait months before buying the game on Steam. They may not have been under any obligation to produce Steam keys but it was the right thing to do.

As shocking and revolting as this is, businesses can and do change their collective minds on things over time. Having a stance on something at one point in time doesn't lock them into that position for life. In other words, no you're not entitled to a Steam key because you bought it before it was available on Steam.

I've never understood the white-knighting over these situations.  We're talking about the most fervent full price supporters for this game and something that costs the dev NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH!  They can get a million keys from Steam at no cost.  

The only situation I can see some issue is pre-greenlight bundles where a Steam key was never promised, but this situation seems like one where it should be no question Steam keys were provided,.

I'm sure someone will say "oh, but it cost work and money to put the game on Steam!"  Great, then charge for it. If your non steam game was sold for $15 and it took $5 of work to get it on Steam, then charge $20 for the game on Steam and give the early people the opportunity to pay $5 for a Steam key.  Sure some people would still be up in arms, but that would be a fair system. 

Why are you trying to hide your sorcery? This "it's a bug" coverstory is weaksauce. We know who the man behind the curtain really is!

Why are you trying to hide your sorcery? This "it's a bug" coverstory is weaksauce. We know who the man behind the curtain really is!
CDBXH-PJ9ZF-AWXGM

FQHAB-K7E3Y-MXLRF

BYPW3-LVPQ9-EJTVB

KX04X-PEDL7-FD0CW

47JCN-27V5B-6L2IL

DMQGY-4NDN4-2FIFN

PRVN8-9PYTE-Q442J

CZHLQ-DWAT9-LJR2X

4T3K5-EWHMG-4VDKE

3VX4M-8PLGG-DV9AI

GDV69-JVR0P-2T3DY

A740X-Z688B-XMWH4

GGRI9-G033I-HG5WJ

YJL4L-JPJ50-0KT4W

CDBXH-PJ9ZF-AWXGM

FQHAB-K7E3Y-MXLRF

BYPW3-LVPQ9-EJTVB

KX04X-PEDL7-FD0CW

47JCN-27V5B-6L2IL

DMQGY-4NDN4-2FIFN

PRVN8-9PYTE-Q442J

CZHLQ-DWAT9-LJR2X

4T3K5-EWHMG-4VDKE

3VX4M-8PLGG-DV9AI

GDV69-JVR0P-2T3DY

A740X-Z688B-XMWH4

GGRI9-G033I-HG5WJ

YJL4L-JPJ50-0KT4W
Took CDBXH-PJ9ZF-AWXGM, thank you :D

FQHAB-K7E3Y-MXLRF

and

GDV69-JVR0P-2T3DY

Yoinked by me -- Thanks!  I knew I took the day off for a reason.  I might take tomorrow off as well and get another 50¢ worth of games!

They are, now. Their original statement was :speaktothehand: fuck off to early adopters.

Good turn around. Which is why it's praise instead of scorn and derision.
Ahh didn't realize they originally didn't plan on giving out steam keys, didn't follow it that closely. Lame stupid original decision, I'm glad they changed their minds

CDBXH-PJ9ZF-AWXGM

FQHAB-K7E3Y-MXLRF

BYPW3-LVPQ9-EJTVB

KX04X-PEDL7-FD0CW

47JCN-27V5B-6L2IL

DMQGY-4NDN4-2FIFN

PRVN8-9PYTE-Q442J

CZHLQ-DWAT9-LJR2X

4T3K5-EWHMG-4VDKE

3VX4M-8PLGG-DV9AI

GDV69-JVR0P-2T3DY

A740X-Z688B-XMWH4

GGRI9-G033I-HG5WJ

YJL4L-JPJ50-0KT4W
All of these were used. I hit the "Too Many Activations" wall after that, so I don't know about the rest.

drm_securom.png

Oh man, I'm totally ditching Steam. D2D knows what's up.

FYI, the URL ends with drm_securom.png

MX5NW-D2IIV-YQP60

34E32-QBH6X-9CK7Y

9HKK9-TMF2H-C4RFE

HQVYI-TALQ9-Q6WMH

5D3ZZ-63E5G-4370A

PLGYY-D5WA5-AC5X0

BNH9A-QX0II-BYY7A

KBCDM-YI8P2-BALJP

EGQIR-DKVPB-0FB57

M5PTR-8L62L-Q3REC

I actually held out on Elite: Dangerous because I would rather of got it on Steam and thought it would come there eventually. The reason I didn't get it before the Steam release was precisely because I knew a Steam key wasn't guaranteed.

Paid full price for it and haven't even touched it by the way.

I've never understood the white-knighting over these situations. We're talking about the most fervent full price supporters for this game and something that costs the dev NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH! They can get a million keys from Steam at no cost.

The only situation I can see some issue is pre-greenlight bundles where a Steam key was never promised, but this situation seems like one where it should be no question Steam keys were provided,.

I'm sure someone will say "oh, but it cost work and money to put the game on Steam!" Great, then charge for it. If your non steam game was sold for $15 and it took $5 of work to get it on Steam, then charge $20 for the game on Steam and give the early people the opportunity to pay $5 for a Steam key. Sure some people would still be up in arms, but that would be a fair system.
I don't think you know what white knighting means. All I see are logic and facts (mine) vs 12 year old left wing anti-corporation bullshit that gets spewed 200 times a day. You didn't pay for a Steam key when it came out, as it wasn't on Steam. The end.

bread's done
Back