Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ugh...

Anyone know of a site that lists currently active bundles? I wanted to split a couple with folks but I can only remember one, Killer Bundle 3.

Anyone who plays GTA games is a moran.
What if I just buy them and don't play them?

I always think I should get around to playing them one day and I do like sandboxes but damn if it isn't just so damned ghetto.

The closest I could get was LA Noire.

Having dogs kind of makes me want to play it though. Minus the humping part.

You need the app to train the dog.  (iphone or android)

Kinda lame.  

I bought the PC remembering all the fun I had at launch (for consoles)...

And it's the same game.  My bad :p

What if I just buy them and don't play them?

I always think I should get around to playing them one day and I do like sandboxes but damn if it isn't just so damned ghetto.

The closest I could get was LA Noire.

Having dogs kind of makes me want to play it though. Minus the humping part.
I own most of them, and I played them in 2005 when I was still a teenager and everybody at my ghetto high school was going crazy for GTA:SA on PS2. But there's a point in which these games become too bland, and IMO that point was right after GTA 4. I just couldn't get into it, driving an annoying fake family member around a huge goddamn city and shooting people for no reason. Then going bowling with some poorly-animated chick I don't give a shit about. I quit after that. Why the hell do I want to buy a new haircut or put decals on my car? fuck that, that's not gameplay.

The only catch to these games is the social deviancy factor, which I think is boring. They're bad. Take away the hooker beating and drive-bys and you get Crackdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own most of them, and I played them in 2005 when I was still a teenager and everybody at high school was going crazy for GTA:SA on PS2. But there's a point in which these games become too bland, and IMO that point was right after GTA 4. I tried to play it a few years ago and just couldn't. The only catch to these games is the social deviancy factor. They're bad. Take away the hooker beating and drive-bys and you get Crackdown.
it is basically a virtual simulator, what it feels like to a criminal, without suffering the real life consequences of being one.

example: getting spray by bullets by the police/gangsters in the game, and waking up in front of the hospital after your character died.

it is basically a virtual simulator, what it feels like to a criminal, without suffering the real life consequences of being one.

example: getting spray by bullets by the police/gangsters in the game, and waking up in front of the hospital after your character died.
I know, and that makes me weep for humanity. You're not getting the experience of actually shooting someone by doing it to computer code in a video game. Either you be a criminal and face the real-life consequences, or you act like a mature adult and don't. You can't half-ass this shit.

Controversial opinion time x2:

I preferred Gothic 3 over Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and Skyrim.

I also liked Saints Row 2 more than GTA IV.
Gothic 3 is probably the worst Gothic (excluding Arcania which isn't a Gothic game). Oblivion is horriburrr so no surprise there. Skyrim, though, is probably better than G3.

I know, and that makes me weep for humanity. You're not getting the experience of actually shooting someone by doing it to computer code in a video game. Either you be a criminal and face the real-life consequences, or you act like a mature adult and don't. You can't half-ass this shit.
but the game is more relatable tho, you can actually go outside and hijack a car, and set it on fire, and rob and loot stores, like those in the baltimore riots. unlike dark souls, were am i going to find a giant tree mutant to fight in the real world?

but the game is more relatable tho, you can actually go outside and hijack a car, and set it on fire, and rob and loot stores, like those in the baltimore riots. unlike dark souls, were am i going to find a giant tree mutant to fight in the real world?
Go out and create one. Stop half assing this shit, son.

I honestly can't for the life of me remember more than the one choice of who to go with having any real consequence in my playthrough of Witcher 2. Granted, I went in with the assumption that being maximum grimderp none of the actions I ever took would have consequences that matched what I expected but still, nothing sticks out. Hell, I murdered a king and that changed jack and diddly.
Well there's the obvious one that completely splits the plot path you take, but yeah, I didn't really feel like there was anything other than that.

I'm sure pas is about to roll in here and prove us totally wrong though.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_decision_checklist

There's a list of choices you have and how they impact the game. It's much better than any modern rpg I can think of off the top of my head, and certainly better than games like Mass Effect, which has been pushed as a game where you choices matter. You can also get 16 different endings based on your choices. If I recall the first witcher was better in terms of its choices, I could be wrong though.

Rockstar's worldcraft is unmatched. Nobody puts as much effort into world design as them. That said, it's all in the service of their worship of neurosis and barely disguised desire to be writing something more "important" than video games.
Rockstar might craft good worlds but they waste it on crafting nothing but realistic looking cities. Something less boring please, or try something new for a change at least.

you crackers are crazy, I've been playing GTA5 about 10 hours a week now for 4 months or so and its an awesome game.  Half the time I just ride around the city, jack a car, pimp it out, and then leave it on the side of the road for a little homie to find and take home, kind of makes me the tooth (car) fairy of the hood.

but really its an awesome game, with 3 character POVs for single player and its really fun to play online with friends.  Easily the most ambitious game I have ever played outside of MMOs, every few weeks I seem to find something new that just blows me away.  Like just last week I finally went to the strip club and found the stripper mini game.  I thought GTA4 sucked badly but GTA5 really makes up for their mistakes in a big way.

I couldn't even imagine playing with Oculus Rift though, that will be nuts

you crackers are crazy, I've been playing GTA5 about 10 hours a week now for 4 months or so and its an awesome game. Half the time I just ride around the city, jack a car, pimp it out, and then leave it on the side of the road for a little homie to find and take home, kind of makes me the tooth (car) fairy of the hood.

but really its an awesome game, with 3 character POVs for single player and its really fun to play online with friends. Easily the most ambitious game I have ever played outside of MMOs, every few weeks I seem to find something new that just blows me away. Like just last week I finally went to the strip club and found the stripper mini game. I thought GTA4 sucked badly but GTA5 really makes up for their mistakes in a big way.

I couldn't even imagine playing with Oculus Rift though, that will be nuts
Didn't realize we had a Rockstar Josh

Alright. In my efforts to clear as much of my back log as possible in this last week before I start my new job, I'm playing FC4. 

I'd appreciate if the internet didn't put anything interest on sale this week so I don't add to it during these very trying times. 

You need the app to train the dog. (iphone or android)

Kinda lame.
The whole "integrated mobile game with your real game" stuff needs to take a hike in general. Looking at you, Ubisoft, with Watchdogs, FC4... did AC have this? I mainly remember the shitty Facebook-style mini game in Black Flag that WAS part of the real game.

In FC4, it's quicker to play their mobile game for twenty minutes to unlock one of the best weapons in the game (Bushman assault rifle) than to screw around in the actual FC4 arena to unlock it.

GTA5 is awesome, just like all the other ones. i honestly believe most of us just suffer from GTA fatigue. imagine how much your mind would be blown if 5 was the first GTA you played...

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_decision_checklist

There's a list of choices you have and how they impact the game. It's much better than any modern rpg I can think of off the top of my head, and certainly better than games like Mass Effect, which has been pushed as a game where you choices matter. You can also get 16 different endings based on your choices. If I recall the first witcher was better in terms of its choices, I could be wrong though.
Agreed, but the combat in 1 was much better. In TW2, it was too easy for Geralt to get clobbered if faced with more than 3-4 enemies at once. The timing-based swordplay in the original game was a thing of beauty.

Yep, I preordered 3, but who knows whether my system will be able to run it? I guess I'll find out on or around May 19, assuming I've finished Wasteland 2 by then.

Rockstar might craft good worlds but they waste it on crafting nothing but realistic looking cities. Something less boring please, or try something new for a change at least.
Whoever said Saints Row 2 > GTA IV is right on the money. Except it's more like Saints Row 2 >>> GTA IV. I played several hours of GTA IV and at no time did Nico jump into a pump truck and start spraying septage onto random passersby and buildings.

Agreed, but the combat in 1 was much better. In TW2, it was too easy for Geralt to get clobbered if faced with more than 3-4 enemies at once. The timing-based swordplay in the original game was a thing of beauty.

Yep, I preordered 3, but who knows whether my system will be able to run it? I guess I'll find out on or around May 19, assuming I've finished Wasteland 2 by then.
Meh, the combat in witcher 1 really wasn't for me. It was different, but I didn't like it. Personally I liked W2's combat much more.

Whoever said Saints Row 2 > GTA IV is right on the money. Except it's more like Saints Row 2 >>> GTA IV. I played several hours of GTA IV and at no time did Nico jump into a pump truck and start spraying septage onto random passersby and buildings.
No freaking way. I'll take GTA4 over SR2 any day. Even GTA4 PC ran better for me back in the day than SR2. SR2 might've been a lot of fun to play, but I think GTA4 out-did SR2 in other regards (i.e. story + characters).

I'm so glad that GTA4 was much more realistic and grounded, whereas SR2 flew in the opposite direction of being crazy + fun. Does every GTA-style open-world crime-game need to be alike? I think not.

Of course, SR3 topped SR2 for me by a mile - and took the crazy + fun factor and amped it up 100x's and went even more outlandish, ridiculous and over-the-top.

Now, if we're actually talking SR3 vs. GTA4 - I might have trouble picking b/t SR3 + GTA4 here.

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

That was a great game. I still preferred Skies of Arcadia over it, but it was a slim margin.
I was just thinking that too, that I'm not complaining about Grandia but would have loved to have Skies of Arkadia.

The whole "integrated mobile game with your real game" stuff needs to take a hike in general. Looking at you, Ubisoft, with Watchdogs, FC4... did AC have this? I mainly remember the shitty Facebook-style mini game in Black Flag that WAS part of the real game.

In FC4, it's quicker to play their mobile game for twenty minutes to unlock one of the best weapons in the game (Bushman assault rifle) than to screw around in the actual FC4 arena to unlock it.
I remember having Animal Crossing on the Gamecube and then hooking it up to my Gameboy Advance and I could sail to another island and get different tropical fruit and bring it back and plant it and thought that all was really hot shit.

Don't hate the peasant, hate the game.

I think we're probably the only ones who preferred that W1 combat but for me it just works better for an RPG because it wasn't action, it was timing based. Once you get past the whole 'Waddaya mean I can't button mash' in the first 5 minutes it actually works quite well. The combat in the second one really turned me off. I'm not a combat person anyhow but I can muddle through most games, but W2 just didn't do it for it. It just felt like a terribly wordy action game with not that great action.

See I don't get this. You're not the only person to say something like that either. It's like some religious zeal for RPG nerds. 'Thou Shalt Preorder Every Witcher game'

I was hanging out on some EuroRPG board prior to W2 coming out and got swept up in that nonsense since everyone there was convinced it was BEST RPG EVAR and was hyping and propagandizing it all to hell but it ended up not really being my thing.

I couldn't run the damned thing at the time either and ended up upgrading for it and all but...

meh

Very pretty meh but still meh.

See I don't get this. You're not the only person to say something like that either. It's like some religious zeal for RPG nerds. 'Thou Shalt Preorder Every Witcher game'

I was hanging out on some EuroRPG board prior to W2 coming out and got swept up in that nonsense since everyone there was convinced it was BEST RPG EVAR and was hyping and propagandizing it all to hell but it ended up not really being my thing.

I couldn't run the damned thing at the time either and ended up upgrading for it and all but...

meh

I luv rpgs and i didn't preorder w3 so suck it

Witcher 3's requirements came out well after it was available for pre-order.  I had already bought it before its requirements came out on the assumption that if I could play other new games, I can play this one.  Then they dropped these ridiculous specs so I wouldn't be surprised if at least some people got burned on it.

I'm pretty sure it'll be playable for me, mind you.  And it wouldn't be the first time that the requirements were a bit over-hyped.

I don't understand why/how the FC4 devs made the driving so fucking terrible.
I assumed it was because the "roads" in Kyrat are so fucking terrible. The 4x4s handle much better than the cars or vans which skid all over the damned place. The ATVs and dune buggies handle better than the 4x4s. So I think it was mostly intentional. Plus the autodrive is nice for shootin' -- though if you leave it on to just go from outpost to outpost you wind up running over civilians and losing karma since the game don't give a shit what's in your way.

Steam has on sale until the 18th:

Reiza Racing Simulation Bundle - $30 (25% off)

It's basically paying for Game Stock Car Extreme and getting Formula Truck 2013 for free.

These are done by some seasoned rFactor 1 modders using a heavily modified rFactor 1 engine.  GCSE is Brazilian Stock Car Racing (though the cars are closer to touring cars with V8s) and more standard racing disciplines on Brazilian tracks.  I've heard many good things about GCSE on reddit and insidesimracing.  Formula Truck is semi trucks on the same tracks.

I need bump up my priority on trying Copa Petrobras de Marcas since that's a free game by the same devs... and the closest thing to a GCSE demo.

I own most of them, and I played them in 2005 when I was still a teenager and everybody at my ghetto high school was going crazy for GTA:SA on PS2. But there's a point in which these games become too bland, and IMO that point was right after GTA 4. I just couldn't get into it, driving an annoying fake family member around a huge goddamn city and shooting people for no reason. Then going bowling with some poorly-animated chick I don't give a shit about. I quit after that. Why the hell do I want to buy a new haircut or put decals on my car? fuck that, that's not gameplay.

The only catch to these games is the social deviancy factor, which I think is boring. They're bad. Take away the hooker beating and drive-bys and you get Crackdown.
Aside from all the reasons everyone else gave to play the game, here's one more. It's a great way to relieve the stress of real life. Got pulled over for speeding? Raise your wanted level to 4 (because 6 is too hard for a length of time) and kill cops by the hundreds. Boss piss you off? Kill Triads and pretend they're him. With the flamethrower. Bored as hell? Grab a bus or firetruck and use it to smash into other cars. You can also use the firetruck's hose to mow down random people. It won't even kill them so you don't have to feel bad about it.

6wK8JlX.png

The Evil Within - PC/Steam Physical Disc

78% off - http://www.amazon.com/The-Evil-Within-PC/dp/B00CJXYR3W - $8.73 (Steam)

I don't understand why/how the FC4 devs made the driving so fucking terrible.
I think the controls are fine.

I'm more comfortable w/ driving in games when the camera's in 3rd-person perspective, in most games.

Only game I was really okay with it in 1st was probably NFS: Shift.

meh

As much as I loved W1+2 and did pre-order both of those, I am not pre-ordering W3. Namely it's b/c I can't run the damn thing, given its specs - namely, my vid-card is under the specs. Not taking a chance on this right now.

I can wait.

Buutt who is going to want to play a game where some random chick or relative isn't calling your character every 5 minutes to hang out?! That's top of the line game play right there.

Seriously, who at Rockstar thought that was a good idea? Hanging out sucked enough without being asked to do it all the god damn time.

Which is why Sleeping Dogs was so much better!

Not much for role-play, are you? I'm a bit baffled that anybody on this board wouldn't understand the value of being able to act out a fantasy, even if it's not your particular fantasy.

Aside from all the reasons everyone else gave to play the game, here's one more. It's a great way to relieve the stress of real life. Got pulled over for speeding? Raise your wanted level to 4 (because 6 is too hard for a length of time) and kill cops by the hundreds. Boss piss you off? Kill Triads and pretend they're him. With the flamethrower. Bored as hell? Grab a bus or firetruck and use it to smash into other cars. You can also use the firetruck's hose to mow down random people. It won't even kill them so you don't have to feel bad about it.
This. That said, I've never been able to get into a GTA despite trying since the very first one. They always seemed gimmicky to me and no more than a one-hour mildly amusing diversion at most. I skipped all the IVs entirely. Maybe V will change my mind. I doubt it, though.

not sure if this is a good enough deal, but those of your who does sli/crossfire, or have strictly amd cpu/gpu combo builds

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Active $149.95

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Platinum-Certified-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431407341&sr=8-1&keywords=EVGA+SuperNOVA+1000+P2
1000W is overkill. I have 600W Gold Plus and have plenty of juice for my 970GTX. Even for SLI since the 900 series is very efficient

I beat Hand of Fate last night. Good game.

Q257K-4YLQJ-CL7A3

M67GK-6LVDX-9EM4A

TYQKT-0DNKF-ET8MH

5AL68-8EDT7-AKXY3

YCHFD-YTHAD-HLJ2Z

TDK0W-VBEXM-QCTMW

92G6L-3NAHD-X5CWN

KL40Y-PLQIT-VKT6P

LVBTP-AKIJZ-6J89I

960LK-DAJMJ-RZIWI

RR4DE-EIGBP-G7V0I

KCEXZ-LQHJ2-8VD55