Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I beat Hand of Fate last night. Good game.

Q257K-4YLQJ-CL7A3

M67GK-6LVDX-9EM4A

TYQKT-0DNKF-ET8MH

5AL68-8EDT7-AKXY3

YCHFD-YTHAD-HLJ2Z

TDK0W-VBEXM-QCTMW

92G6L-3NAHD-X5CWN

KL40Y-PLQIT-VKT6P

LVBTP-AKIJZ-6J89I

960LK-DAJMJ-RZIWI

RR4DE-EIGBP-G7V0I

KCEXZ-LQHJ2-8VD55

9PBPJ-NFBVV-78HZV

4XG0W-V6VG7-M79T3

Z4TWX-H29HY-5WAIW

YX79L-JEC8J-7ER3J

YTJNL-CJQTC-N826A

ZVJEE-HY2XL-6KYEE

Z49DW-76INA-T76GX
I got Sky Battles & Forsaken Uprising. Thanks Carl. I cannot remember which keys they were exactly. I just started typing them in by rows to find these two hidden ones.

Just out of curiosity is there any way to redeem Steam codes via a browser? Or can it only be done in the Steam client?

Logged into my account on my tablet and don't see anywhere to activate codes so I'm guessing it's just the latter.

Just out of curiosity is there any way to redeem Steam codes via a browser? Or can it only be done in the Steam client?

Logged into my account on my tablet and don't see anywhere to activate codes so I'm guessing it's just the latter.
Client only as it currently stands.

I swear you are always here picking up keys lol
Well I hadn't past few months due to my job. I left my job because I've been put on a new path now so I got lucky on this. You know I try to save money every chance I can get, though sometimes not being successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I hadn't past few months due to my job. I left my job because I've been put on a new path now so I got lucky on this. You know I try to save money every chance I can get, though sometimes not being successful.
Exactly, now you can spoder keys instead of working! Path of the Spoder!

6wK8JlX.png

The Evil Within - PC/Steam Physical Disc

78% off - http://www.amazon.com/The-Evil-Within-PC/dp/B00CJXYR3W - $8.73 (Steam)
at this point, if you own a console. you might as might wait till it is is free on xbox live gold, or ps plus

unless you are an fps w-h-o-r-e, you would rather pay $8 for a on pc, than have it for free. if you already subscribed to xbox live gold, or/and ps plus membership?

evil within, has free written all over it, it is basically resident evil 5 with a better story, and that is not saying much. the control in the gameplay ,some can argue it is even worst/ inferior compare to it

Looks like EA Origin has some sale going on...any sage advice on the new SimCity? The s***storm it caused made me avoid it but I've always loved the SC games (minus Societies). Is it worth $15 at least?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/simcity-2013-/mac-pc-download/bundle/complete-edition
It was $13.60 on GamersGate a little over a month ago. So, it'll likely hit that price again or lower during the summer sales.

Edit: As to the game itself, no idea. I'm not a Sims person.

no, that is too much.
It was $13.60 on GamersGate a little over a month ago. So, it'll likely hit that price again or lower during the summer sales.

Edit: As to the game itself, no idea. I'm not a Sims person.
Guess I'll bet on this summer it dropping to $7.49...or less. Just noticed EA dropped it's full price to $30 while GS and Amazon still have it up for $40. It won't be long now.

Waiting is not much a problem for me anymore; since those Star Trek games came out last week, I'd like to mention I've been waiting for Interplay's masterpiece-never-made "Secret of Vulcan Fury" for the past sixteen years.

#KeepTheDreamAlive

The code didn't work.

And stupid question but these bundles are totally worth it, aren't they?
Yeah, the voucher doesn't work on the packs. And for someone that doesn't buy every bundle as soon as they come out, it's an incredible value. Though most here would say they suck because most own everything already.

If you haven't picked the games up in previous bundles... then yes, you should probably jump at $.50 cents for 9 games if you care about any of them.  A lot of them have cards, so you'll surely make your money back on them.

Edit: even though I did have some (a bunch) of the games in the packs yesterday I bought them anyway, added the ones I didn't have to my account, a few to a secondary account, and dropped the last 3 here.

Looks like EA Origin has some sale going on...any sage advice on the new SimCity? The s***storm it caused made me avoid it but I've always loved the SC games (minus Societies). Is it worth $15 at least?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/simcity-2013-/mac-pc-download/bundle/complete-edition
For $30 you can get Cities: Skylines which was actually well reviewed and wasn't a piece of shit that killed a development division (Maxis).

Edit: I originally said $20 cause that's what I paid on Nuuvem back when I got it. MSRP is actually $30 -- my error. Point remains though to wait for a sale on C:S rather than wasting money on SimCity.

No freaking way. I'll take GTA4 over SR2 any day. Even GTA4 PC ran better for me back in the day than SR2. SR2 might've been a lot of fun to play, but I think GTA4 out-did SR2 in other regards (i.e. story + characters).

I'm so glad that GTA4 was much more realistic and grounded, whereas SR2 flew in the opposite direction of being crazy + fun. Does every GTA-style open-world crime-game need to be alike? I think not.

Of course, SR3 topped SR2 for me by a mile - and took the crazy + fun factor and amped it up 100x's and went even more outlandish, ridiculous and over-the-top.

Now, if we're actually talking SR3 vs. GTA4 - I might have trouble picking b/t SR3 + GTA4 here.
To each his own. I've said here before the GTA games always ended up screwing me due to some impossible-ten-year-old-reflexes-and-dexterity-required mission about 10-15% of the way into the story. In IV, I don't even remember which one it was. I remember that it was the stupid RC car-bomb placement mission in Vice City. I'm sort-of predisposed to hate GTA for this reason if no other. I never had this problem with Saints Row 2. I did run into a couple of annoying DLC missions in SR3, but I didn't get to finish it because for some weird reason it was far less stable than 2. Unlike seemingly every other person on the planet, I had zero issues getting SR2 to run on my computer.

I think we're probably the only ones who preferred that W1 combat but for me it just works better for an RPG because it wasn't action, it was timing based. Once you get past the whole 'Waddaya mean I can't button mash' in the first 5 minutes it actually works quite well. The combat in the second one really turned me off. I'm not a combat person anyhow but I can muddle through most games, but W2 just didn't do it for it. It just felt like a terribly wordy action game with not that great action.
I thought the story in 2 was great, even if it was a bit confusing if you jump into the prologue two years after playing the first game and never having read any of the books (I'm actually reading The Time of Contempt right now). I liked the characters and I enjoyed the game enough to actually replay it at several of the major story breaks (and I was fascinated to discover just how much content CD Projekt Red had stuffed into the game that most players would never see). But the combat was a bit too twitchy, unlike the first game, and relied way too heavily on Geralt's dive-roll move.

See I don't get this. You're not the only person to say something like that either. It's like some religious zeal for RPG nerds. 'Thou Shalt Preorder Every Witcher game'

I was hanging out on some EuroRPG board prior to W2 coming out and got swept up in that nonsense since everyone there was convinced it was BEST RPG EVAR and was hyping and propagandizing it all to hell but it ended up not really being my thing.

I couldn't run the damned thing at the time either and ended up upgrading for it and all but...

meh

Very pretty meh but still meh.
Well, you didn't like the second game, so. . . I thought it was great and wanted to be cheap but still support the dev, so I did a Boris pre-order with a GOG key. It wasn't that much more expensive than the $15 I just blew on the HB today, and I pretty much never preorder anything, so I felt justified.

Yeah, the voucher doesn't work on the packs. And for someone that doesn't buy every bundle as soon as they come out, it's an incredible value. Though most here would say they suck because most own everything already.
I'm a discerning bundle buyer, I skip a lot of bundles and I still owned all but 2-3 games in yesterday's GMG bundles, and what I was missing wasn't worth fiddy cent.

To each his own. I've said here before the GTA games always ended up screwing me due to some impossible-ten-year-old-reflexes-and-dexterity-required mission about 10-15% of the way into the story. In IV, I don't even remember which one it was. I remember that it was the stupid RC car-bomb placement mission in Vice City. I'm sort-of predisposed to hate GTA for this reason if no other. I never had this problem with Saints Row 2. I did run into a couple of annoying DLC missions in SR3, but I didn't get to finish it because for some weird reason it was far less stable than 2. Unlike seemingly every other person on the planet, I had zero issues getting SR2 to run on my computer.
Good point! One common gripe with GTA games is that one mission that people can get game-endingly stuck on. I recall nothing of the sort in SR 2/3/4/Gat

I have to say that I like the Saints Row series more than GTA. It doesn't take itself seriously, unlike GTA, and it isn't deified like the GTA series is. Everybody in here being all, "Rockstar is so great, GTA games are da bes, da only silver goin' in my mouf is dis custom toof grill dawg."

I have to say that I like the Saints Row series more than GTA. It doesn't take itself seriously, unlike GTA, and it isn't deified like the GTA series is. Everybody in here being all, "Rockstar is so great, GTA games are da bes, da only silver goin' in my mouf is dis custom toof grill dawg."
I half disagree with this. Yes GTA IV took it's self way too seriously to it's own detriment. Vice City & San Andreas, while having thematic stories didn't feel all serious bidness. No clue on GTA V.

One downside of the GTAs for someone who just wants a sandbox is the need to progress the main story to unlock areas of the map.

Now it's true that Rockstar crafts some excellent worlds, but Stillwater in Saints Row 2 was a great city to explore as well. It had a variety of locations including the University district, a shopping mall, a prison island, a nuclear power plant island, an airport with a good amount of interior space, and a secret government research facility, among others. Saints Row the Third felt like a step backwards in terms of the city, as Steelport is very bland and boring.

official relase date for the next assassin creed game, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate schedule for October 23 release. i bet my money on it, it will be a mess like unity, another cash grab by ubi$Oft. i hope it bomb in sales, so that will teach them a lesson

official relase date for the next assassin creed game, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate schedule for October 23 release. i bet my money on it, it will be a mess like unity, another cash grab by ubi$Oft. i hope it bomb in sales, so that will teach them a lesson
Does anyone care? I consider myself a fan of the series but they're turning into CoD...

Opinions on Windward?
The WGN streamers love and play the hell out of it.

96EFJ-5RBBJ-BW2LP

ATPLW-T0L6C-YW3WQ

2AVFC-XTXFB-MB89V

NR98Y-DZ9FD-RGVDW

HXT2G-NGFPF-0RZEV

D627M-YP57T-NJZMZ

65K8G-DZXDE-3R5BC

6YDHN-575FH-A68AA

VC5A9-PTMN8-QN789

Goddammit! I missed them all because I walked away from my desk for 10 minutes right before they were posted! 

Oh, well... Thanks for the drops anyway Coral!

I half disagree with this. Yes GTA IV took it's self way too seriously to it's own detriment. Vice City & San Andreas, while having thematic stories didn't feel all serious bidness. No clue on GTA V.

One downside of the GTAs for someone who just wants a sandbox is the need to progress the main story to unlock areas of the map.
A lot of that has changed with V. Sure at points it tries to act like its telling some serious story but there are humorous moments, and the online component and missions are not serious at all. Many of the characters are there to provide levity and not be taken seriously. So its much more like the older ones where it can poke fun at itself. Even some of the dialogue pokes fun at how forced dialog is in some of these games.

V also did away with the map unlock stuff, the whole map is unlocked from the beginning

Does anyone care? I consider myself a fan of the series but they're turning into CoD...
Eh, I kinda do.

This new one is completely single-player (no multi-player this time around) and I like the idea of switching between two assassins (especially if they end up having different styles or play differently). I'll probably still wait for reviews to make sure it's not a buggy mess, but this sounds more interesting than Unity did.

I haven't played it since the Beta, but... Ignoring all bugs and features, the maps are simply too small. You can fill it up in like an hour (people did, during the 1 hour Betas). That alone makes me pass.

Edit: This will show just how small Sim City cities are.

Simcity-map-size-comparaison.jpg

They need to really shuffle everything up a lot in AC for me to care anymore.  It all feels way too same-y.

After giving up on ACIII completely and subsequently burning out on AC4 a quarter of the way in I realized unless something amazing happens to the series I  am probably done with it. 

If they really feel they need to stay in the distant past I'd like to see ancient China, Japan... hell even ancient Egypt for some variety.  

Though, I'd much prefer them jump ahead and set a game in the time-frame of WWI or other more modern-era stuff.

Edit: yes, I did see the side-scrolling AC chronicles China and will, possibly, give that one a go when it hits my price point.

bread's done
Back