Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I know nothing of amiibo except that legless ones are worth a million dollars.

That world is so obtuse to me. I wouldn't even know what's stupid by the standards of grown men who obsess over a malformed little plastic Princess Peach.
I know, who would even want something like that?

*sits down across from little plastic Princess Zelda*

I finished Faery: Legends of Avalon last night and posted a too-long review on Steam but the short version is that it's a fairly ambitious RPG with some interesting worlds and characters but ultimately feels unfinished and shallow.  The worlds, while creative, are extremely small.  The plentiful quests are mainly fetch quests that have you scouring the tiny worlds for the sparkles of a quest objective or else canvassing the NPCs until one gives you what you need, the companions have a seemingly pointless approval system, etc.  Combat was extremely easy and I never once wiped and only had a companion get knocked out maybe three times.

My least favorite aspect of the game was the power progression which was tied to physical changes in your character.  So you design your little fairy and then you want to have a poison attack -- that adds a permanent scorpion tail to you.  Raising your base health covers your face in tattoos.  The ability to boost your companion's attacks gives you goat horns, etc.  I wound up just focusing on a few powers with physical aspects I could live with rather than trying new powers and looking like I got rolled around in a bag of animal parts.

If you own it and want to play it, it's probably about eight hours worth of content and I hit 100% achievements without really trying.  If you don't own it, I wouldn't bother making an effort to get it.  It's also worth mentioning that it was intended to be the first game of a trilogy that never happened so the game ends on a cliffhanger without any real resolution.

re: Faery

It also was originally released in 2010 but the French developer and publisher took nearly five years to get a clue that no one buys PC games in a box anymore and release the damned thing on the largest PC game store in the world. Oh and they turtled and went MIA when existing owners tried to see if we could get Steam keys.

I agree with Syntax about it feeling highly unfinished. It's basically like some perpetually unfinished Early Access game that was made years before Early Access.

I'd at least try for the achievements but I only paid full price for the damned thing in 2011 so I don't get a Steam key. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
But if you try to activate a key for something you already own, it won't be 'redeemed' - so it's still usable by someone else. I think that's what he tried to say.
Expect on some cases. Hard Reset, Betrayer, Civilization V, Mafia 2, Sleeping Dogs, etc. may allow you to redeem multiple keys, because some packages have different configuration.

So be safe and don't try to redeem games you own.

I agree with Syntax about it feeling highly unfinished. It's basically like some perpetually unfinished Early Access game that was made years before Early Access.
One of the reviews on Steam makes the point that Spiders is good for coming up with an interesting RPG concept, laying some good groundwork and then just half-assing the rest of it as though they got bored developing the game halfway through. I haven't played Mars War Logs yet but, between Faery and Of Orcs & Men, I'm inclined to agree.

I know nothing of amiibo except that legless ones are worth a million dollars.

That world is so obtuse to me. I wouldn't even know what's stupid by the standards of grown men who obsess over a malformed little plastic Princess Peach.
Hey, did you get your little plastic Lara Croft in the mail yet? =D

I'm looking at remember me. Nice discount and seems to have a good plot. Is there any "cons" besides the easy gameplay?

.... gotta go double meatball marinara with mayo....
I'm sorry.. meatball marinara with mayonnaise?

baby-gifconfused-gifidkgood-luck-charlie.gif

I'm looking at remember me. Nice discount and seems to have a good plot. Is there any "cons" besides the easy gameplay?
Well, it's very linear.. as in doors unexpectedly close behind you and there's no going back for that collectible you noticed - but were going to get in just a second. The only other issue I had with it that diminished the game for me were the extremely thinly veiled rape threats the guys I was beating up kept repeating.. over ..and over.. and over.

The combat was just alright, the world was very well put together and interesting (I used to read a lot of cyberpunk back when it was a new thing) and the re-writing memory mechanic was pretty nifty - if underutilized.

Well, it's very linear.. as in doors unexpectedly close behind you and there's no going back for that collectible you noticed - but were going to get in just a second. The only other issue I had with it that diminished the game for me were the extremely thinly veiled rape threats the guys I was beating up kept repeating.. over ..and over.. and over.

The combat was just alright, the world was very well put together and interesting (I used to read a lot of cyberpunk back when it was a new thing) and the re-writing memory mechanic was pretty nifty - if underutilized.
Thanks! I think I'll grab it. It's capcom, and it seems to be the best price so far

I thought Remember Me was terrible but it seems like a 70/30 mix of people who thought it was good vs people who thought it was trash without a lot of middle ground.  So you probably have better than even odds of enjoying it.

Besides its linear hand-holding game play as you wander Neo-Paris, I thought the boss fights were really poor. 

Hey, did you get your little plastic Lara Croft in the mail yet? =D
No. And she has legs so she's only worth $5

Pretty much what Glenn said. It's really 'on the rails' so don't expect open world. If you look around at the scenery you'd almost expect that and it does look really interesting like somewhere I'd want to look around more buy you can't. Combat is just sort of there not great and not terrible but I think of it more of an adventure game anyhow.

It's a very polarizing game and people seem to either really like it or really hate it. I liked it. As long as you know you're going in for a Total Recall in Paris sort of adventure game I think it's worth it.

I may be only @1/16th Italian (which is probably why I can actually eat subway's 'meatball marinara' without flipping tables) but I still think that my great-grandfather would rise from his grave just to smack me if I ordered it with mayo.

As long as you know you're going in for a Total Recall in Paris sort of adventure game I think it's worth it.
Sold!

I really don't mind games "on rails" if the story is good. I liked SpecOps: the line and loved Mafia 2 (OK, M2 isn't the best example, but many people criticize it for not being open world)

I may be only @1/16th Italian (which is probably why I can actually eat subway's 'meatball marinara' without flipping tables) but I still think that my great-grandfather would rise from his grave just to smack me if I ordered it with mayo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGtApJPyfQ

I may be only @1/16th Italian (which is probably why I can actually eat subway's 'meatball marinara' without flipping tables) but I still think that my great-grandfather would rise from his grave just to smack me if I ordered it with mayo.
Don't act like you don't put mayo on your pizza.

Pizza-Hut-Srilanka-Introduce-New-Mayo-Magic-Selection.jpg

I can't believe that is even a thing... but you know what?  I'd try it.. but only because it doesn't seem to have any actual tomato sauce on it so it's more like a flat sandwich than pizza.  The idea of mixing tomato sauce and mayo is just beyond frickin weird to me.

Blame Asia. Fox is stealing pictures of weird Asian attempts at emulating Western food.

And I know that restaurant the spaghetti comes from. I like to get their omelette ketchup fried rice.

Don't judge!

I can't believe that is even a thing... but you know what? I'd try it.. but only because it doesn't seem to have any actual tomato sauce on it so it's more like a flat sandwich than pizza. The idea of mixing tomato sauce and mayo is just beyond frickin weird to me.
Tomato based sauce with mayo is really good, I mean if you are using a homemade or really good sauce, it's an insult to the sauce. But the generic junk places like Subway use? Makes it much better!

Also it's the lazy way to make a tomato cream sauce. Mayo can also work in place of sour cream in some fake mexican food (only used it in dips, thus qualify with some), when don't have any sour cream.

Tomato based sauce with mayo is really good, I mean if you are using a homemade or really good sauce, it's an insult to the sauce. But the generic junk places like Subway use? Makes it much better!

Also it's the lazy way to make a tomato cream sauce. Mayo can also work in place of sour cream in some fake mexican food (only used it in dips, thus qualify with some), when don't have any sour cream.
I hate the fact that you exist.

I can't believe that is even a thing... but you know what? I'd try it.. but only because it doesn't seem to have any actual tomato sauce on it so it's more like a flat sandwich than pizza. The idea of mixing tomato sauce and mayo is just beyond frickin weird to me.
Have you ever eaten a hamburger before?

I have.. but I don't put tomato sauce on them.  Nor do I put ketchup on them, so I fail to see your point....

bread's done
Back