Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
One of my first Steam sale games was RIP trilogy and Larva Mortus (they were cheap). I played both to death and both played well enough. I miss the fascination I had with game bundles and Steam sales. I now own way too much and instead of having a few hundred with a few bad mixed in, it's now like hundreds of terrible and average and below average  +1s rotting in my Steam library because they have cards.

I'm actually doing a thing where I try to play a new game each day for 20-30 minutes or so and then decide if I want to play it, move it up in the backlog for playing or just retire it.

So far I've just played //N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet and yeah a pretty lame game to start with. Kind of reminds me of Granada for the Sega Genesis (dating myself here!). Course that game was pretty awesome and well Ultraviolet.....it gave me cards and controlled pretty badly and just wasn't too great.

Give me luck that someday (maybe in 5 years) I will have played a good portion of my backlog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the bestiary, signs, dodges, parries, oils and potions makes combat a lot less repetitive. Although yes, some fights still are repetitive (such as golems).
Potions and oils make fights quicker (by doing more damage) but it's the same fight. It's not as though they had a new dynamic to it. The bestiary just tells you what oils and potions would be best. For the most part, fights are won the same way: Avoid their attack to get behind them, whomp 'em a few times, rinse and repeat. There's a few variations (using a sign to stun a shield carrier, use fire sign against things weak to fire... duh) but that's 90% of the battles.

Potions and oils make fights quicker (by doing more damage) but it's the same fight. It's not as though they had a new dynamic to it. The bestiary just tells you what oils and potions would be best. For the most part, fights are won the same way: Avoid their attack to get behind them, whomp 'em a few times, rinse and repeat. There's a few variations (using a sign to stun a shield carrier, use fire sign against things weak to fire... duh) but that's 90% of the battles.
I'm a little confused then. If you're not using the options the game give you to spice combat up, then of course it'll be repetitive. It's like saying FPS is just aiming the crosshair at the torso and unloading, or using nothing but hadoukens in Street Fighter, etc. The game gives you a lot more options, none of them are ineffective. You can choose to use your crossbow a lot more, and spec into it, if you wanted.

Frankly, unless it's a single enemy, I don't even get a chance to roll behind anything and get more than one hit off, especially when it's something like 5+ rotfiends. And I admitted 1v1 fights like golems are repetitive because of this. I don't know if you're playing on hard or normal, but on hard, a bear or golem can kill you with one combo, which makes preparing oils and potions an integral part of combat, even if it's pre-combat. It also helps the role-playing aspect of it, where you're actually playing as a Witcher, and not just steamrolling everything.

(Not being fictitious here; just wondering how combat can be "non-repetitive," ever.)

I'm waiting for the first of you guys to Fakey-bro Magicka 2 on a non-sale.... who's it gunna be.... my (imaginary) money is on Mooby or Motoki :p

Yeah, most regulars would have all those already. I guess that makes you a semi-lurker. Just remember to pay it forward as your addiction grows. I'm at 1040, so on about a 100/year pace. And I can quit any time I want to...
No you can't!

And thanks for the game.

One thing that annoys me (shut up, I'm playing the GOG version) is that there's no way to take a screenshot. Those glorious Keira breasts? Much better than asshair.
Just add the .exe (The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt > bin > x64 folder) as a non-steam game and use the overlay. Works fine that way, won't even start up Galaxy...just remember to check for patches periodically.

Just add the .exe (The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt > bin > x64 folder) as a non-steam game and use the overlay. Works fine that way, won't even start up Galaxy...just remember to check for patches periodically.
You can also add GOG Galaxy as a Non-Steam game.

I usually add services (UPlay, G4WL, Origin, etc) and categorize them into "Non-Steam Services" section on Steam.

Some games are so tied to their services, they won't actually allow for screenshots via Steam unless you actually add both their services + games as Non-Steam games.

You'd then have to boot the 3rd party service within Steam + then boot the 3rd party game within Steam.

ORIGIN-required games often work this way.

Might as well get it on GOG so you can give your friends a copy if you so please (if you have friends of course)...that's what I did, since it's DRM-Free ;D

I'm waiting for the first of you guys to Fakey-bro Magicka 2 on a non-sale.... who's it gunna be.... my (imaginary) money is on Mooby or Motoki :p
What the hell man really? Magicka? I mean some old grandma shit sure but how desperate and/or dumb or lazy or ridiculous do I look to Fakeybro god damned Magicka.

I'm not Carl :p

I... tried that yesterday... It's why I launched TW3 from Steam at all yesterday.

But the Steam overlay didn't work for me for some reason. I thought it was one of the titles that doesn't work with it, so I've been using fraps.

Edit: Read the post under it. I don't have GOG Galaxy added in Steam. I don't even have it installed. I'm still using the older GOG download manager.

I'm a little confused then. If you're not using the options the game give you to spice combat up, then of course it'll be repetitive. It's like saying FPS is just aiming the crosshair at the torso and unloading, or using nothing but hadoukens in Street Fighter, etc.
Well, not really. I mean if an FPS gave you a single gun that was most effective in 90% of situations then, yeah. Hopefully the game instead gives you ample reasons to switch up weapons, makes weapons feel different, etc. Adding anti-ghost oil to your sword before fighting a ghost isn't like switching from a pistol to an shotgun to an assault rifle.

Frankly, unless it's a single enemy, I don't even get a chance to roll behind anything and get more than one hit off, especially when it's something like 5+ rotfiends
Out of doors, I've found most enemies easy to split. The chase range is rather small and the AI pretty poor in that regard. I can approach a group of five bandits and pretty easily split one off, split off another and then handle the rest once I have them to manageable numbers. Unless I do something dumb like dodge/roll into everyone else's aggro radius, I don't find myself in situations where I'm fighting 5+ anythings.

That said, I'm glad you're enjoying it and I don't need to debate over whether either of us should enjoy it more or less. My personal opinion is that combat feels repetitive. You listed some things that you think make it less repetitive for you but, having used those, It doesn't really change my opinion on it. We've both put about the same hours into it, it's safe to say we can both have qualified if differing opinions.

Has anyone here played Project Cars and has an opinion on it? I know it just came out but I figure maybe somebody might have decided to pay full price.

Oh, you just wait until I actually get a new video-card + W3 PC.

I'll be writing a manifesto on this game! ;)
how many years until that purchase happen?

why don't u use half of that money and buy a used last gen Xbox 360, try Red Dead Redemption and see that there's another God other than Lord Gaben?

I loved Magicka.  So far I do not like Magicka 2 much at all.  I do not like the various ways they changed how spellcasting works but I can live with that.  The game is just not as fun.  It might get better later on but at this rate I will probably backlog it before I find out.  

Update on the giveaway:

Probably have half or so of the games remaining, so I'm forced to do something I didn't want to do: start killing hostages dumping the Desura keys.

Had the idea later to create a blog on the site and just have the comments pile up there. Easier than the chat thing and less annoying than PMs.

So here's the CAG blog post. Dropped the Desura/etc. stuff and moved some games to lower requirements. Feel free to request again if you already have.

For all this witcher 3 talk still nobody has mentioned what types of shoes geralt is wearing and if he owns a wii u or not
I haven't started playing it yet, but I'm most looking forward to seeing if I can buy pizza or hamburgers in the game. In fact, I'm counting on it.

Christ, some console people are really getting butthurt and/or thinking we're butthurt over this Humble crap. Humble has sucked for us anyway for a long time. DUH.

It's just one more thing to blab about because we're bored because there's no good deals.

Christ, some console people are really getting butthurt and/or thinking we're butthurt over this Humble crap. Humble has sucked for us anyway for a long time. DUH.

It's just one more thing to blab about because we're bored because there's no good deals.
I know. The Humble threads are inundated with console apologists like we took a seat at the front of the bus and refused to get up. I personally think it's apprehension towards us for getting games at a quarter of the price they pay. People are talking about buying 2007 CoD games for $10 in the XBL thread like it's a good deal.

AND they had to pay even more just to get the discounted price! :rofl:

What the hell man really? Magicka? I mean some old grandma shit sure but how desperate and/or dumb or lazy or ridiculous do I look to Fakeybro god damned Magicka.

I'm not Carl :p
Looking forward to playing this later tonight!

379BF-AFFAR-H95WL

KBKEY-DJ6IM-TI29Q

5BB2R-G5JLB-5Z2D9

W2IWX-NTBDB-J6NHV

BWKYK-W0QY0-47IJG

V4ILE-YZIGB-V480R

IR8YN-34TZN-34Y7N

WC35B-V48QQ-ZLBRL

200_s.gif

Awwww... I missed the key drop party :(

giphy.gif

And I'm just gunna stay out of the Humble area for a while.  I personally dig getting 3DS games for relatively cheap.. but I'm the minority there.

When ghost first posted that gif in the Groupees thread, I tried for at least half an hour to find a good gif/video of the Peter v. Hartman court scene. It's one of the best scenes in the entire show, and the only one I could find was this shitty phone recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZomk5NKhqs

Lol it was for The Witcher 3 Damn lurked
I said thanks! :p

I'm in this thread almost all day, I just don't really ever post, but I always make sure to say thank you, because I hate seeing codes just get snatched without someone saying something. But go down to the # USERS READING THIS TOPIC on a weekday, and I'm usually there. I always have a window up for it at work that I refresh and follow along with, I just don't post. Guess that DOES make me a lurker.

I said thanks! :p

I'm in this thread almost all day, I just don't really ever post, but I always make sure to say thank you, because I hate seeing codes just get snatched without someone saying something. But go down to the # USERS READING THIS TOPIC on a weekday, and I'm usually there. I always have a window up for it at work that I refresh and follow along with, I just don't post. Guess that DOES make me a lurker.
That was a Sarcasm Post lol

bread's done
Back