Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ok, don't laugh ... but I've been playing the bejesus out of Crash Time 2. If you persist past the TERRIBLE voice acting (I turn it completely down), repetitive music (again, I turn it down) and difficult to follow mission path (TIP: if you find yourself just driving around and no missions appear, look on the map for red symbols and either drive to them or choose that location as your start point. Also, a red flag next to a vehicle choice means there are missions there. If there are no red flags next to any vehicles, switch to another map entirely) then you'll find this is a really good, enjoyable driving game. It looks good, the maps are a good size, the traffic AI is good, there's a good range of vehicles to unlock, and the handling of the cars is great. There's a good variety of play styles in the missions, from chasing and stopping criminals either by wrecking their vehicles or stopping them by blocking them for a few seconds, driving to locations/multiple locations with a time limit, underground street racing, even using remote controlled drones to disable vehicles.

I'm really enjoying it.

I kind of want a steam controller if it really is capable of supporting all the games in the steam catalog like I think they claimed at one point. Otherwise meh.

I need to replace a control either with a DS3 or move my DS3 from my desktop to my PS3 to replace the one my precious Zoe decided to use as a chew toy.  This one looks promising, but 90% off gltich or GTFO.  Plus spoder said the prototype sucked. 

I need to replace a control either with a DS3 or move my DS3 from my desktop to my PS3 to replace the one my precious Zoe decided to use as a chew toy. This one looks promising, but 90% off gltich or GTFO. Plus spoder said the prototype sucked.
I think i am actually going to wait for humble controller bundle

Before Christmas, Best Buy had them at 20% off via eBay. As in the Best Buy eBay store, not some random dude on eBay.

What a deal!

Mq8DFRq.png
Cheaper then Amazon (well the sale price anyways)

http://www.amazon.com/Valve-Steam-Wallet-Card-100/dp/B00EUD4JX2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433491329&sr=8-3&keywords=steam+card

My favorite though is on the marketplace there, someone selling it for $100 (with $4.99 shipping) and for the condition:

Amount is for $100. It's in my Steam Wallet now, and after your purchase, it will be transferred to you!
Sounds legit.

I didn't even get that.

fucking British. Always slackin off sleeping at normal times when Regular Murican people need them.

Oh and have fun waking up to 10,000,000 emails.
I was going to email them and offer my help but this is more entertaining.

P9C73-GLL5L-NNQWX

EBM3T-B3T4T-K2LDG

4742N-WQ9ZG-A598H

WKFQK-LCN6N-Q4GRL

MHJZW-TKLCZ-EAJ2C

LAX0M-W4LB0-EELMT

55HFB-QR3DI-8IWNA

A9NIF-8KHWI-MCVF5

WJJF5-67PZM-P77BK

54RYV-Y465R-EBH3B

IKREQ-YPZTB-E009C

A4J37-GQ7JQ-HGYA3

0PCHZ-FRETI-45PGE

EPRPG-A3XCJ-8LYQ8

448KR-EVI99-LMJR2

ADEJN-MAWKW-PFB8C

2GJMR-8JWXE-94DKA

5Z79F-NWQTM-N67JD

ABNRN-BE4L0-37HWF

9M9RH-6WV36-8WKXK

I was going to email them and offer my help but this is more entertaining.

P9C73-GLL5L-NNQWX

EBM3T-B3T4T-K2LDG

4742N-WQ9ZG-A598H

WKFQK-LCN6N-Q4GRL

MHJZW-TKLCZ-EAJ2C

LAX0M-W4LB0-EELMT

55HFB-QR3DI-8IWNA

A9NIF-8KHWI-MCVF5

WJJF5-67PZM-P77BK

54RYV-Y465R-EBH3B

IKREQ-YPZTB-E009C

A4J37-GQ7JQ-HGYA3

0PCHZ-FRETI-45PGE

EPRPG-A3XCJ-8LYQ8

448KR-EVI99-LMJR2

ADEJN-MAWKW-PFB8C

2GJMR-8JWXE-94DKA

5Z79F-NWQTM-N67JD

ABNRN-BE4L0-37HWF

9M9RH-6WV36-8WKXK
Thanks for Seven Kingdoms 2 HD, Carl. I crossed out the one I took.

I like the idea but, like the controller, the price seems unreasonably high and I'll wait until it's available through somewhere like Amazon.

Also, where were you for the BGCQ NFL draft? Eh? Eh? Eh?

:shame:
Last year? I totally missed it.

If I'm given another chance I'm definitely in this year though! :)

I pre-ordered the link; probably regret and/or never use it, but hey - I somehow have to play through the backlog right? ;)

So the 10,000,000 guy wrote me back saying to send him the receipt for my purchase, then he'll send me the You Must Build a Boat key. Seriously? Who the hell keeps those? Gmail automatically deletes trash over 30 days apparently, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get a receipt through Steam. Anyone have a suggestion? This is bullshit.

So the 10,000,000 guy wrote me back saying to send him the receipt for my purchase, then he'll send me the You Must Build a Boat key. Seriously? Who the hell keeps those? Gmail automatically deletes trash over 30 days apparently, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get a receipt through Steam. Anyone have a suggestion? This is bullshit.
You can get receipt via Steam's new help site (https://help.steampowered.com/). Just enter name of game and select view receipt.

rATvtM3.png
<-- one of worst decissions

I sent image from account details showing CD-key activation.

You can get receipt via Steam's new help site (https://help.steampowered.com/). Just enter name of game and select view receipt.

rATvtM3.png
<-- one of worst decissions

I sent image from account details showing CD-key activation.
Thank you! I took two pics of my receipt from different screens, and I sent them to him. I sure hope he is satisfied. If I have to do much more work than this, I'm going to be fairly pissed off.

Thank you! I took two pics of my receipt from different screens, and I sent them to him. I sure hope he is satisfied. If I have to do much more work than this, I'm going to be fairly pissed off.
You should be fine. I took screenshots of my GMG order history that just showed a transaction ID or something, and my Steam Licenses & Subscriptions page. Nothing I sent showed a price.

You should be fine. I took screenshots of my GMG order history that just showed a transaction ID or something, and my Steam Licenses & Subscriptions page. Nothing I sent showed a price.
I hope so. I got an auto-reply showing he receipt my email, and he mentioned he's receipt a shit-ton of them. I wonder if there was a way for him to make sure everyone who paid for 10,000,000 got a key for YMBAB automatically? If so, I wonder if he will regret not having done so by the end. I would think this is far too much work for a single guy.

I hope so. I got an auto-reply showing he receipt my email, and he mentioned he's receipt a shit-ton of them. I wonder if there was a way for him to make sure everyone who paid for 10,000,000 got a key for YMBAB automatically? If so, I wonder if he will regret not having done so by the end. I would think this is far too much work for a single guy.
He could've asked Valve to add copy to library or inventory. He decided not to to encourage supporting by buying it instead.

All I did was screenshot my licenses page and link to my steam profile.

I pasted what he said about the automatic thing yesterday.

Thats right,

I was going to make it automatic, but pretty much everyone I spoke to said they would rather I didnt so they could toss afew bucks my way :) - Still, i stick by it. email your receipt to [email protected] and I'll get it sorted. ( I'm going to bed now though, so you might have to wait until tommorow)

I just got the boat key. It was sent about three hours ago. All I did was forward my GMG receipt (with the 10,000,000 key, surprisingly) and post a link to my achievement page, heh.

Who doesn't keep receipts though? That's just weird. I've got work emails going back 7 years, personal emails archived over a decade.
I keep receipts until I receive the product I order. If the physical item I receive is good, then I delete the receipt.

For digital items, I have received it immediately. I see no need to keep the receipt.

Personal preference, of course.

Where are the announcements being made? I can't see anything anywhere. (It's also possible that I too didn't get a key)
I assume they have some manual work to do: making sure people entered properly (at least tried to name a game), getting rid of double entries, seeing who qualified for a double entry because they've posted other messages, etc. I don't think it was automated at midnight PST.

I keep receipts until I receive the product I order. If the physical item I receive is good, then I delete the receipt.

For digital items, I have received it immediately. I see no need to keep the receipt.

Personal preference, of course.
Yeah, this is what I do. I don't see the point of cloggin up my mailbox with crap for no reason.

10Trillion dev wrote me back and said I need to send a receipt even though I sent the Humble receipt that says Thank you for your purchase of blabla here's your link etc and clearly mentioned that I am forwarding my Humble receipt. Also linked my Steam account for the hell of it.

I sent him my Paypal receipt this time telling him I didn't realize he was going to be that specific and that it and the Humble receipt are all I have.

In the past I've sent receipts for the bundle/store and not necessarily the actual Paypal ones and never had an issue so I don't know what his problem is.

This is why I hate, hate, HATE write in and ask for a key shit. I've done enough of that crap for 4 lifetimes and am seriously over it.

I hope his email backs up and crashes the servers it's on. Remind me not to buy shit from the English.

*Edit: He wrote back really quick this time with a key (Green Witch day time and all that) and said "My bad, The humble one was fine, I've just got so many emails my brain is a bit fried :D".

YA THINK?

Anyway glad it's done with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in spite of the violin story about the CEO being in the hospital why they couldn't pay etc the rumors had been that they weren't paying devs because they didn't have the money to and didn't even have the money to pay the bills and stay afloat.

It's not really surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back