Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is it even that much cheaper than buying the games separately? I don't think it's worth the risk, for a tiny bit more you can have both games.
I guess it's $6.24 vs. $7.48. $1.24 difference. Not really worth the hassle or risk, but I'm a CAG dammit!

I thought to write to support and ask if they can give me the adjusted price on Gunslinger vs doing the whole refund thing, since I am still within that 2 week window and haven't actually played Blood Dragon. I hate to write in a weird request like that, though. Might get reported to Playfire.

Thank you for the heads up, though. Seriously. I searched and found a couple reddit threads which also confirm that uPlay complicates the refund process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's $6.24 vs. $7.48. $1.24 difference. Not really worth the hassle or risk, but I'm a CAG dammit!

I thought to write to support and ask if they can give me the adjusted price on Gunslinger vs doing the whole refund thing, since I am still within that 2 week window and haven't actually played Blood Dragon. I hate to write in a weird request like that, though. Might get reported to Playfire.

Thank you for the heads up, though. Seriously. I searched and found a couple reddit threads which also confirm that uPlay complicates the refund process.
Yeah, it sucks but I don't think Uplay games are worth refunding unless you're 100% sure you never want the game on your account again.

Yeah, it sucks but I don't think Uplay games are worth refunding unless you're 100% sure you never want the game on your account again.
Good to know. Since I don't want to Foxhack Blood Dragon, I'll just try writing support and see if they can give me Gunslinger for the cost to complete the bundle ($2.50). Not sure if I'll get a response on a Saturday, though.

How's everyone's Steam Summer Sale 2015 haul coming?
I've picked up the following

H1Z1 -> $9.99 (50% off)

Europa IV -> $9.99 (50% off)

CS:GO -> $7.49 (50% off)

Small Bastard Deluxe -> Free, sold a COH Key from a bundle and bought a random steam key

All in all, I've spent roughly $7.50 out of pocket. Had $17 in wallet from selling a bunch of cards, and sold another $3 worth of summer sale cards to reduce Europa and H1Z1 by a couple dollars.

Good to know. Since I don't want to Foxhack Blood Dragon, I'll just try writing support and see if they can give me Gunslinger for the cost to complete the bundle ($2.50). Not sure if I'll get a response on a Saturday, though.
They'll probably tell you to rebuy it, or misunderstand you and refund you lol.. that's if they respond in time. I've never seen them handle such a complicated request before efficiently.

On the other hand, AshotP from GamersGate is great at handling complicated requests. I remember one time when I missed a sale and asked for the sale price after the sale ended. He let me buy it with blue coins. GG does what Steam don't!

You... actually expect... Steam support to reply to you? In less than a month? And to adjust a price?

And uPlay shouldn't complicate anything. You only get one game key assigned to your account. Even if you get your game revoked, and buy it again, you get the same key. It's one of the big problems Steam has, they won't give you a new key with a new purchase for some unknown reason.

They'll probably tell you to rebuy it, or misunderstand you and refund you lol.. that's if they respond in time. I've never seen them handle such a complicated request before efficiently.

On the other hand, AshotP from GamersGate is great at handling complicated requests. I remember one time when I missed a sale and asked for the sale price after the sale ended. He let me buy it with blue coins. GG does what Steam don't!
I guess the other thing I could do is buy Gunslinger then request a refund of the difference. I just don't see any way to submit a contact form for this without attaching it to a purchase, and like you said if I do it with Blood Dragon some guy will just hit refund and not read the request. :p

You... actually expect... Steam support to reply to you? In less than a month? And to adjust a price?

And uPlay shouldn't complicate anything. You only get one game key assigned to your account. Even if you get your game revoked, and buy it again, you get the same key. It's one of the big problems Steam has, they won't give you a new key with a new purchase for some unknown reason.
My impression was that purchase and refund-related requests have been handled really quickly, perhaps due to being automated. I'm a bit confused about whether I'll get locked out of Blood Dragon if I do the refund, since you and spoder seem to have differing views (not that I trust you or him any less, it's just a weird situation).

But you seem to think that I should be able to buy the Gunslinger + Blood Dragon bundle, refund Blood Dragon, add the bundle to my account, and not have any issue with conflicting or revoked keys between Steam/uPlay?

edit - it's late but I wanted to follow up on this. I found a couple bundle games w/ cd keys that I've idled but not actually installed/played. In the client, when I clicked 'CD Key' for those games it said "requesting key..." for a brief moment. So, idle master doesn't actually trigger a key request/generation for a game. My understanding is that for a game using uPlay, after first launch Steam will generate the key which must be entered into uPlay. Since I haven't generated a Blood Dragon key or installed the game, I think doing the refund then re-adding from inventory won't cause any issue.

I should have my CAG membership revoked. I bought the anime pigeon dating sim DLC an hour before it popped up in a flash deal.
iOEKbGoQ9s9Do.gif

On the real, I got that in a Groupees VN bundle and still haven't installed it. There's a limit to even my deviation, ya know?

fuck. I can't believe I'm asking this...but what's the cheapest I can get FFXIV A Realm Reborn for? My lady friend has been telling me to get it so we can play together since December, but I don't like the monthly fee stuff. But now there's Gold Saucer and Heavensward and "cute little preorder hats" and she's demanding I play. I've got plenty of Amazon GC but feel like it was just cheaper than $20 there. I'd be open to other methods of acquisition, too. Literally anything that will allow me to play on the same server as her and make her happy, as close to free or freely as possible.

fuck. I can't believe I'm asking this...but what's the cheapest I can get FFXIV A Realm Reborn for? My lady friend has been telling me to get it so we can play together since December, but I don't like the monthly fee stuff. But now there's Gold Saucer and Heavensward and "cute little preorder hats" and she's demanding I play. I've got plenty of Amazon GC but feel like it was just cheaper than $20 there. I'd be open to other methods of acquisition, too. Literally anything that will allow me to play on the same server as her and make her happy, as close to free or freely as possible.
I don't suppose she's using a "European & other Regions Square Enix Account", 'cause it's less than $20US on Steam.

How's everyone's Steam Summer Sale 2015 haul coming?
Waiting til tomorrow to add one more, but alright so far. Got 2 games I wanted, 1 I wanted once I found out about it, and 1 random. Feels kind of muted only getting 4 (likely 5) games, but been pretty restrained and trying to stick to just funbux.

fuck. I can't believe I'm asking this...but what's the cheapest I can get FFXIV A Realm Reborn for? My lady friend has been telling me to get it so we can play together since December,
I hear that the expansion has a HIGH barrier for entry. I'm not going back to it because of that.

Reading + watching Batman: Arkham Knight reviews.

Wow @ many of the high-scores, even despite complaints....

...that the story isn't as great as AA + AC; and there's too many forced Tank combat + Stealth sequences in the main story.

I picked up a copy at Toys r us, price matched to Walmart for 13 bucks and it includes a month of game time. This was the ps4 version.. But it's cross platform play

So, uh, any good sales on PSN? I thought price matching the summer Steam sale might finally get something good at Amazon to use my Bing points on but obviously that was a big bust.

I guess I could buy like popcorn or flower pots or something with it instead.

I'm sorry dat Boyfriend Stealer game looks turrble y'all.

Needs this song on the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6oLP_x0Qcc

There are some serious assholes in my clicker room. They're spamming 20x or more wormholes on non-00 rooms.

I somehow ended up in a room that reached 564,000 and these jerks are ruining it.

Hi, all!  I'm home from E3 and brought back with me a terribly sore throat!  Woo!

Life is Feudal had a ginormous display and armor-clad booth babes.

The person on my team who was assigned to VR simulators ended up getting pretty bad vertigo from one of them.

Dark Souls III and Bethesda gave out some pretty good swag.

anybody played ironclad tactics and recommend?

currently on indiegamestand and includes deluxe edition upgrade

bread's done
Back