Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I just tried with DIR and got a PayPal error as well. It's the first and only thing I've tried to purchase since the site update.
I got the DMC4 SE just the other day and had no issues. Hopefully, a minor issue.

EDIT:

Just added the Dead Island franchise and Paypal loaded fine. It must just not like you guys. I can see where it's coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm the only person who didn't fall in love with Witcher 3. I'll get back to it but, eh, I have no actual care if Ciri gets found or which witch Gerald sticks his dong into.
The story slows down a bit somewhere in Novigrad. Skellige is really neat though, story picks back up nicely. Yennefer is great.

I'm here to turn in my CAG card after calculating up my Heroes of the Storm purchases for the last 1.5 months on mine and my sons accounts. Stupid sales! Oh well - at least I've been using my PC instead of the XB1 or PS4 for the first time since their launches.

$221.02

The story slows down a bit somewhere in Novigrad. Skellige is really neat though, story picks back up nicely. Yennefer is great.
That's where I hit the wall. Find and save this bard, infiltrate these criminals, run errands for Triss and I don't care about any of it. Seeing multiple paths of "I don't give a shit" made me just toss up my hands. At least the Bloody Baron was interesting. These guys... bleah.

Broken Age is $6.24. ITAD says that matches historic low.
That is 75% off.

Though, I do wonder if macgames5off promo-code still knocks 5% off.

Not that I'm buying this anytime soon or anything...

EDIT:

DoubleFine....
Yeah - so, when's new DoubleFine HB coming? ;)

Plus - MysterD being MysterD, he really likes that Humble Store sells Broken Age offering up both Steam key + DRM-FREE download for one purchase. He'll wait for either a similar price on HB Store or better yet a new DoubleFine HB.

Lol @ OSGameStore's new price on the BS:I bundle. $35 instead of the $8 it was. Same content too, I believe.

Lol @ OSGameStore's new price on the BS:I bundle. $35 instead of the $8 it was. Same content too, I believe.
MacGameStore/WinGameStore's best deals so far were for Broken Age + Fahrenheit Remastered.

Already shared my thought on Broken Age's price.

Thing is - Fahrenheit Remastered was still cheaper before on Nuvuum.

Meh.

MacGameStore/WinGameStore's best deals so far were for Broken Age + Fahrenheit Remastered.

Already shared my thought on Broken Age's price.

Thing is - Fahrenheit Remastered was still cheaper before on Nuvuum.

Meh.
Geometry Wars 3 was better than both of those deals, it's the first time it hit 76% off (with voucher). The other 2 are good deals, but have been the same price or lower elsewhere.

Perfect setup for someone to post brazilianass.jpg...
brazilianass.jpg

So I've been playing some of my summer sale games... really liking banished so far, and replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for the umpteenth time via the enhanced edition. Maybe i'll actually finish BG2 this time. Also, Van Helsing 2 really does scratch that Diablo-like itch since I burned myself out on Diablo 3 and haven't brought myself back to it since.

About the original Dead Island...

Ryder White DLC is actually quite important, IMHO - as it fills in some of the story gaps + plot-twists that were pulled out of nowhere and were NOT really explained in the Dead Island base-game. Actually, Ryder White is the most compelling narrative & focused story in the entire DI franchise, so far. If you liked Dead Island base-game's combat and was hoping for a decent story + narrative - Ryder White is certainly much better than what the Dead Island base-game had mostly going on...in which, DI base-game really didn't add up to much, story-wise + character-wise.

Thing is, though - with Ryder White DLC...you really don't level-up; it's very linear; and it's SP-based.

So just don't expect Ryder White to have the co-op features & don't expect the huge open-world ARPG sandbox the DI base-game had you mostly immersed in.
is there anybody alive who cares about dead island's story and its gaps and plot twists

brazilianass.jpg

So I've been playing some of my summer sale games... really liking banished so far, and replaying Baldur's Gate 2 for the umpteenth time via the enhanced edition. Maybe i'll actually finish BG2 this time. Also, Van Helsing 2 really does scratch that Diablo-like itch since I burned myself out on Diablo 3 and haven't brought myself back to it since.
One does not get burned-out by Diablo 3.

One takes a break for a little while away, if anything - and eventually Diablo calls you back for more; especially if you own RoS.

It's a process that keeps repeating itself over + over + over again.

is there anybody alive who cares about dead island's story and its gaps and plot twists
Given how good the original Dead Island's backwards trailer was - yeah, the story + character development should've been better. That trailer said so much w/ implication w/out even saying a word. There's no reason they couldn't have done the same thing, like so many other games w/ implying things, visual cues, & telling stories through items - i.e. think Dark Souls.

They could've done more w/ audio logs (like Diablo 3, System Shock 2 + Bioshock series) and certainly done some things w/ Text logs and things of that sort.

Basically, Techland's backwards trailer gave us the a trailer for some other type of zombie game, given how Dead Island turned out. Not that there's anything wrong w/ Dead Island's ARPG style of gameplay - I loved it, personally; even despite the lack of storytelling and character development. There are a few touching moments in the game - but those, are far and few between.

Plus, when Techland wants - they can actually tell a story + develop characters. See CoJ series (not including The Cartel, since I ain't played it). Mind you, they ain't BioWare + Obsidian - not that I am expecting that w/ this type of game, either. I just expected better of Techland.

Only if they care to revive this story:

[Dead Island - Backwards Trailer...and Reversed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0E31788Nfg
Exactly my point.

One of the best trailers I've ever seen for a game. Plenty said and implied there w/out saying one word and w/ its use of music.

I still waiting to experience THIS kind of plot, storytelling, and whatnot in a Dead Island game.

Doubt we'll get that, since Dead Island 2 is developed by someone else - and that looks bat-crap crazy + tons of fun, given its trailer. Oddly enough, Yager is doing Dead Island 2 - yet, they did a great job w/ Spec Ops: The Line w/ its character development + story-telling - especially for that type of 3rd-person shooter.

Would be nice if Yager can somehow do the Dead Island type of ARPG gameplay and also combine story elements + character elements in a way that won't get into the way of the gameplay - i.e. employ methods like Bioshock series, Diablo 3, and Dark Souls have done.

I'm here to turn in my CAG card after calculating up my Heroes of the Storm purchases for the last 1.5 months on mine and my sons accounts. Stupid sales! Oh well - at least I've been using my PC instead of the XB1 or PS4 for the first time since their launches.

$221.02
You spent more on a shitty MOBA in 2 months, than I did on a bunch of AAA games in the last year. Turn in your CAG card? Bitch, you need to be forced to eat that thing.

Opinions are like assholes. I have one and you apparently are one.
shvA6mS.png

One does not get burned-out by Diablo 3.

One takes a break for a little while away, if anything - and eventually Diablo calls you back for more; especially if you own RoS.

It's a process that keeps repeating itself over + over + over again.
How's your seasonal character coming along........

The other 2 are good deals, but have been the same price or lower elsewhere.
I think that is the cheapest Broken Age has been since the game was actually finished though if that matters. Not sure if finally finishing your game magically drives up the MSRP or not.

Tremorbro'd Flight SImulator X Steam Edition. I'm quitting the Tremor game, as it's too much of a grind, but I figured I might as well go with a bang instead of a whimper. And also got Gemini Rue with the remaining balance.

Opinions are like assholes. I have one and you apparently are one.
I think "bitch" was meant in a nice way. A "you're paying way too goddamn much in microtransactions for a freemium game" sort of way.

On the scale of 1 to bitch, $221 is a huge amount for LoL 2. I had a hard time buying that LotR MOBA and the DLC for $3.

fuck yeah! One on each arm.
You'd need two tablets running the same app, though. Could've been a much better accessory, if they'd only made it one unit instead of just a fancy phone case. Haven't gotten any remotely cool tech since the night vision goggles in that CoD LE.

I'm here to turn in my CAG card after calculating up my Heroes of the Storm purchases for the last 1.5 months on mine and my sons accounts. Shitty sales! Oh well - at least it's better than being the middle segment of a human centipede, if only just barely.

$221.02
So, 22,102 metro last lights?.

I think "bitch" was meant in a nice way. A "you're paying way too goddamn much in microtransactions for a freemium game" sort of way.
Exactly. And if you think about your gaming experience in a MOBA, how much of it was spent sitting in lobbies waiting for a game, or getting griefed, or being told various nonsensical profanities involving your mother, sexual preference, race, dick size, etc? You spent $220 on that? As a CAG?

$220 in the last 2 years could have easily netted 20-40 AAA games given a bunch have been in bundles, price glitched, acquired from comrades/amigos, or just had their price lowered and been on sale.

Just another example of people falling prey to the F2P trap.

edit: to add amigos

Only if they care to revive this story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0E31788Nfg
Backwards video is serious bidness. I've gotten thousands of Tremor coins out of watching that Mike's Hard Lemonade commercial backwards over and over and over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58MkgLVfT6U

Just wanted to post this super cute picture of ashes, who didn't even post during the summer sale and is probably in an illegal street race right now.

e6d4bc9730dbc4e7d8dda345d8499826.gif

Exactly. And if you think about your gaming experience in a MOBA, how much of it was spent sitting in lobbies waiting for a game, or getting griefed, or being told various nonsensical profanities involving your mother, sexual preference, race, dick size, etc? You spent $220 on that? As a CAG?

$220 in the last 2 years could have easily netted 20-40 AAA games given a bunch have been in bundles, price glitched, acquired from comrades/amigos, or just had their price lowered and been on sale.

Just another example of people falling prey to the F2P trap.

edit: to add amigos
b-but hats..

bread's done
Back