Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Tri doesn't mean it is running three cores, it is called like that because is has the sapphire tri-x cooling
technology (triple-fan design).

On the other hand your r9 295X2 is on the top of the Graphics Card Hierarchy from the AMD side.
Thanks for the correction! I got the card on a really good deal and the price/performance (on paper) had it looking better than the Titan X. In retrospect, I'm not sure crossfire is worth the hassle.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150705&ignorebbr=1

So what's the consensus from the nerds of that card for $165? It's been as cheap as $150 recently. Good bang for buck?
I ran the slightly lower clocked version of that card in my HTPC and just threw it in a build for someone else the other day. It's a decent midrange card capable of handling most games at 1080 with high to very high settings. I wouldn't recommend it if attempting 1440+. Aside from the cooler making unplugging the PCI-E power connectors kind of annoying due to the proximity of the fins to the release clips on the plugs, no complaints really.

They claim it's a Double D, but with only 3M VRAMs, that's more like a C cup.  For most folks that's considered "adequate".  YMMV.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150705&ignorebbr=1

So what's the consensus from the nerds of that card for $165? It's been as cheap as $150 recently. Good bang for buck?
For that price (150$) I wouldn't think twice. Great price for that card.

R9 280 is in the range between GTX 760 and GTX 770. Compared to a GTX 960 2GB (you won't need more VRAM unless you are planning to move into the 1440p) it is a better choice also and more if you can get it for $150.

You guys are such amateurs. I'm running three Titan Zs for 36GB VRAM, and I've got a wind farm to power them.

Makes Sakura Clicker look fuck ing amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking news:  Visual Concepts & 2K actually released an update that makes NBA 2K15 compatible with Windows 10.  Pretty sure all those nasty things I said about their mothers was the catalyst they required.  Hooray for angry internet mob mentality!

I ran the slightly lower clocked version of that card in my HTPC and just threw it in a build for someone else the other day. It's a decent midrange card capable of handling most games at 1080 with high to very high settings. I wouldn't recommend it if attempting 1440+. Aside from the cooler making unplugging the PCI-E power connectors kind of annoying due to the proximity of the fins to the release clips on the plugs, no complaints really.
Well, I think my monitor isn't 1080p so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there another card you'd recommend more in the $150 range? I'm willing to do console tricks if necessary and buy cereal to bring the price down.

They claim it's a Double D, but with only 3M VRAMs, that's more like a C cup. For most folks that's considered "adequate". YMMV.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure anything 4GB is out of my price range, so I'll just have to MysterD this one and go with something adequate.

You guys are such amateurs. I'm running three Titan Zs for 36GB VRAM, and I've got a wind farm to power them.
SLI them all you want, but that doesn't make it 36GB VRAM.

SLI doesn't make them run simultaneously.

They, more or less, alternate how they capture + render images.

So that means you still have to deal w/ the (ridiculously huge) 12GB VRAM buffer, as if you had one Titan Z - which sucks.

And you have to hope the game has a SLI profile; and/or if it doesn't have a SLI profile then you'll have to hope NVidia Inspector can force it to SLI.

So that means you still have to deal w/ the (ridiculously huge) 12GB VRAM buffer, as if you had one Titan Z.
Mysterd, you can't SLI more than 2 Titan's Z..... Blade was joking about 36GB.

So that means you still have to deal w/ the (ridiculously huge) 12GB VRAM buffer, as if you had one Titan Z.
But chicks dig my ridiculously huge....VRAM

What are BTA on VRAM now?

Is it wrong that I long for the days when this thread was about shoes?

Shocking news: Visual Concepts & 2K actually released an update that makes NBA 2K15 compatible with Windows 10. Pretty sure all those nasty things I said about their mothers was the catalyst they required. Hooray for angry internet mob mentality!
Did they fix 2k14 too?

Well, I think my monitor isn't 1080p so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there another card you'd recommend more in the $150 range? I'm willing to do console tricks if necessary and buy cereal to bring the price down.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure anything 4GB is out of my price range, so I'll just have to MysterD this one and go with something adequate.
But MysterD still got 4GB VRAM - which was one of his major objectives when buying a vid-card.

I did settle w/ the 128-bit bus, though b/c of the price. I wish it had 256-bit bus - like my 560 Ti had. But, I took a gamble - and things turned out very well for me here for 1080p, often High to Ultra settings, and 30 FPS or above (if there's no forced cap) with the 4GB 960. Better than expected, for sure.

I need a dictionary or something. "To MysterD something" seems to have so many different definitions + contexts on here. :) From DRM rants; to VRAM talks; to wanting "Best of both worlds" of Steam games + DRM-FREE - it could mean so many things! Now it means even settling on something!

So you're looking at A-cup Asians?
I prefer Amerrricun.

But MysterD still got 4GB VRAM - which was one of his major objectives when buying a vid-card.

I did settle w/ the 128-bit bus, though b/c of the price. I wish it had 256-bit bus - like my 560 Ti had. But, I took a gamble - and things turned out very well for me here for 1080p, often High to Ultra settings, and 30 FPS or above (if there's no forced cap) with the 4GB 960.

I need a dictionary or something. "To MysterD something" seems to have so many different definitions + contexts on here. :) From DRM rants; to VRAM talks; to wanting "Best of both worlds" of Steam games + DRM-FREE - it could mean so many things! Now it means even settling on something!
I'm just giving you shit. And to MysterD something changes with time. Like you just MysterDed that response.

I'm just giving you shit. And to MysterD something changes with time. Like you just MysterDed that response.
I know you are! :)

I just can't keep up w/ all the "MysterD" contexts! :)

I need to compile a list of them all or something, for craps + giggles.

Not that anyone would laugh w/ me or anything.

More like laugh at me. :)

EDIT:

But chicks dig my ridiculously huge....VRAM

What are BTA on VRAM now?

Is it wrong that I long for the days when this thread was about shoes?
Ask me after 2pm on BTA's for HumbleBundles and on any websites selling VRAM deals.

So that means you still have to deal w/ the (ridiculously huge) 12GB VRAM buffer, as if you had one Titan Z - which sucks.

And you have to hope the game has a SLI profile; and/or if it doesn't have a SLI profile then you'll have to hope NVidia Inspector can force it to SLI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q

I'm just not even sure how to respond to this page right now.
Like most normally do in this thread - with funny jokes, images, gif's, punchlines, facepalms, sarcasm, videos (like Blade posted one post up of Buzz Killington from The Family Guy), or something else of the sort.

EDIT:

{Buzz Killington video}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q
Ahhh. yes - Buzz was my mentor.

The midrange cards are the hardest to recommend since they all overlap so much. With the possibility of supporting decent 1080 framerates (should you get a 1080 monitor down the line or play on a TV) and keeping in the same price point, the 280, 285, 280X and 960 I would think would be on your radar. Specific cards I can't say which is or isn't better, I'd just get the best deal that doesn't have "OMG my computer burned down my house because of this POS GPU" reviews.

Looks like it. I managed to snag and redeem a key just in time. Not bad. I saw a review of the game on AngryCentaurGaming's Youtube channel.

Air Guardians - YED8E-5JYI4-L2XDV
Incognito - YIDX0-EAWZQ-6CLMC
Robot Rescue Revolution - ZA25F-42CF0-3LX8X
Time Ramesside (A New Reckoning) - 8NB8Z-WE6ZP-3XJ52
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines Steam Key: KCEE9-A99TB-CNB8B
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty Steam Key: I9B2I-MJCTT-F6P2Z
Commandos 2: Men of Courage Steam Key: HF5WF-BHYPZ-2X05R
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin Steam Key: WZFTG-ZBZGY-AEKXX
Power-Up - 5JV9F-529W6-TNKM2
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? - 5PK0Y-V6VQH-BBCQ2
Shadowgate (2014) - 06DTX-EA4AF-5B3FK
War of the Human Tanks - 6NIJZ-007EQ-4HMLZ
Bionic Heart 2 - 8ZJIR-3VXXI-EWZ5T
Vanguard Princess - 6MH6D-RCMPI-AC283
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize - 6LAZM-BX2PP-HTAVM
Vanguard Princess Lilith - 6M6KH-W2IYQ-X3Z2T
Not the Robots - GIZEJ-53MT5-HRGHX

How 'bout those Jets, huh? LOLGenoSmith

had you done that gamestop flipping two weeks, you could of gotten enough for atleast 2 gtx 980 ti easily.

people were making $600- $1000 on average of gamestop credit, which you can then turn around n buy amazon store credit /gift card/kindle cards with

bread's done
Back