Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Speaking of hardware, after asking you guys for advice I went with a Corsair H75 water cooler.  Works well and wasn't anything tough to set up (man am I glad the case has an access spot in the backplate opposite the CPU so I didn't have to take the MB off to install).  The fans it comes with are loud though and, after a couple days of thinking I'd get used to it, I'd had enough.  Just replaced one of them with a CF-V12HP I had had still running as a case fan and that alone made a big difference (higher CFM as well).  Temps are up a couple degrees from one fan missing but still very acceptable ranges and I'll probably order another to replace the other fan and get this thing whisper quiet.

Any of you other old people remember "Choose your own adventure" books? Choice of Robots is pretty awesome for $3. Not on sale, will be watching for it tho.

There's a demo that covers the first 2 chapters.

*edit*

It is on sale. $5 is the regular price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of hardware, after asking you guys for advice I went with a Corsair H75 water cooler. Works well and wasn't anything tough to set up (man am I glad the case has an access spot in the backplate opposite the CPU so I didn't have to take the MB off to install). The fans it comes with are loud though and, after a couple days of thinking I'd get used to it, I'd had enough. Just replaced one of them with a CF-V12HP I had had still running as a case fan and that alone made a big difference (higher CFM as well). Temps are up a couple degrees from one fan missing but still very acceptable ranges and I'll probably order another to replace the other fan and get this thing whisper quiet.
I need a usb powered fan like that for a PS 3D monitor that puts out some serious heat! Any whisper quiet recommendations?

Don't make me list every shady thing you've ever done, Drabe style!
5531589+_c1b9b6552de2931b97db7aedd92fec94.jpg

To mysterd something: To go on a long winded analysis about a topic at its merest mention. Often times at a sarcastic reference or request. The analysis is often repeated ad nauseam at increasingly sarcastic mentions of the topic. While some point to this as a general evidence of cluelessness and ability to read social cues others theorize that this may be actually an incredibly long running subtle trolling.

To mysterd something: To go on a long winded analysis about a topic at its merest mention. Often times at a sarcastic reference or request. The analysis is often repeated ad nauseam at increasingly sarcastic mentions of the topic. While some point to this as a general evidence of cluelessness and ability to read social cues others theorize that this may be actually an incredibly long running subtle trolling.
Thanks for MysterD'ing the MysterD definition/context. :)

So I'm sure he'll come to my house and smash my keyboard over this but I defriended Tebow and his alt because I can't deal with being harassed every time I buy something on Steam that isn't 99% off.

FWIW the couple of games I just got I actually did get really cheap @ 75% off due to a friend giving me coupons but I don't really feel the need to explain myself every single time an announcement pops up and I get told I'm a bad boy and need to go to my diaper fart cage.

I've read the last two posts and have never had any problems responding on these forums. You are just butthurt and paranoid about not being able to respond. I know for a fact that the last two posts were easy to respond to, so it's obviously just you hating on it. Plus, you can use Tapatalk to reply so the site is perfectly legitimate.

Any of you other old people remember "Choose your own adventure" books? Choice of Robots is pretty awesome for $3. Not on sale, will be watching for it tho.

There's a demo that covers the first 2 chapters.

*edit*

It is on sale. $5 is the regular price.
Played their other game, Slammed! which was pretty good for what I played of it. Should go back to it at some point here and try to finish it.

I should have illogically defended it?
I was thinking more going apeshit, but illogical defense works as well.

So I'm sure he'll come to my house and smash my keyboard over this but I defriended Tebow and his alt because I can't deal with being harassed every time I buy something on Steam that isn't 99% off.

FWIW the couple of games I just got I actually did get really cheap @ 75% off due to a friend giving me coupons but I don't really feel the need to explain myself every single time an announcement pops up and I get told I'm a bad boy and need to go to my diaper fart cage.
Well there's one good thing that came out of this. I obtained one of those coupons that you were talking about and used it to purchase a game, so thanks for that.

Just need to Tremorbro 2 more TF2 keys and I can fakeybro GTA V for free, with my Gabe Bux. The price is high and I guess that also means revoking my CAG badge, but so be it.

Well there's one good thing that came out of this. I obtained one of those coupons that you were talking about and used it to purchase a game, so thanks for that.
You actually bought the decent one of the two. The other one though is described by one of the curators as "The unholy lovechild between Angry Birds and Bad Rats" and was 25 cents after coupon with cards. :p

If you like CYOA, you should be playing An Assassin in Orlandes and then Curse of the Assassin. Nobody else is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335460/

That said, I've got the demo for Choice of Robots backlogged. Slammed was really quite good but I played some of the other Choice of games and they ranged from decent (Heroes Rising) to stinkers (Choice of Romance). So there's no real obvious signifier of quality to them that we can go by. I don't expect any Steam review to convince me one way or another because they're written by idiots. Myself included.

Well shmidt ...

Your Bing Rewards account has been closed because it doesn't conform to the Bing Rewards Terms of Use, which you accepted when joining.

Our research indicates that you or your Bing Rewards account has engaged in one or more violations of our Terms of Use, which may include, but aren't limited to:
Being under the minimum age requirement of 13 years old
Maintaining more than one (1) Bing Rewards accounts per person
Maintaining more than five (5) Bing Rewards accounts per household
Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
Not providing accurate account information, including your true first and last name, mailing address, working phone number, and email address
Using a service intended to obfuscate or hide your true IP address or location
Using an automated process or service to participate or search, such as a bot, cheat code, macro, or spider
Searching without the good faith purpose of obtaining Bing search results, without manually entering text, or by other fraudulent means of any kind.

As a result, you've been disqualified from participating in Bing Rewards. If you don’t believe you violated the Terms of Use and think your account has been closed in error, contact Bing Rewards Support. We will consider your feedback, but the final assessment of compliance with our Terms of Use rests with Microsoft.
... I got banned for being a BING pierat :cry:

Is there a way they can even tell if you are using a bot vs just spamming a bunch of nonsense searches? I mean I used to do it the old fashioned way and can go back to it even though it's more tedious but I don't want to just get banned anyhow if I make things more of a PITA for me. :p

Is there a way they can even tell if you are using a bot vs just spamming a bunch of nonsense searches? I mean I used to do it the old fashioned way and can go back to it even though it's more tedious but I don't want to just get banned anyhow if I make things more of a PITA for me. :p
I don't see how. I'm assuming I got flagged for making too many searches in a short space of time. I usually middle click the news items on the bottom of the main BING page, I guess I should have done them one at a time and closed them after a quick glance instead of clicking on all of them and then looking at each tab before closing it.

I was using a bot page on my phone though. Mea culpa.

On the nonsense search thing, always been curious about that as it's usually how I get mobile search points (the times I decide to care about getting them anyways).

Anyone ever use EVGA mice by the way? Didn't know they made any but got one coming in the mail soon so curious (my bad non-gaming mouse from at least 5 years ago is finally dying out).

I don't see how. I'm assuming I got flagged for making too many searches in a short space of time. I usually middle click the news items on the bottom of the main BING page, I guess I should have done them one at a time and closed them after a quick glance instead of clicking on all of them and then looking at each tab before closing it.

I was using a bot page on my phone though. Mea culpa.
Did you install Win 10? Maybe after you upgraded they NSA'd your camera and saw that you are only 12.

On the nonsense search thing, always been curious about that as it's usually how I get mobile search points (the times I decide to care about getting them anyways).

Anyone ever use EVGA mice by the way? Didn't know they made any but got one coming in the mail soon so curious (my bad non-gaming mouse from at least 5 years ago is finally dying out).
Drabes and I use a plugin for Chrome that spoofs your browser being mobile.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher/ffhkkpnppgnfaobgihpdblnhmmbodake?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

I just do the mobile searches on the PC.

bread's done
Back