Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/putting-hard-drive-reliability-to-the-test-shows-not-all-disks-are-equal/

Here's a good read for you.

tl;dr: Servers speed up failure rates, used WD are probably a safe bet, Seagate really sucks.
Yeah, that confirms what most studies say though, that the environment is not as important as the age of the drive. There's other studies with other companies that show relatively similar failure rates even when the vibration is controlled. You just have to know what you're getting/getting into. Reading up on the Hitachi drives people say they are louder than other drives (and I can definitely confirm that). Not sure if that's a result of being in a server environment or not. It doesn't worry me though. I have a drive that's like 15 years old that's been super loud since day one but still works fine to this day.

it was 7.21 with the alienware coupon on steam in November.

Purchased: Nov 16, 2015 @ 8:54am
The Talos Principle - $7.21

Subtotal $39.99 Discount $33.20 (83%) Tax $0.42 Total $7.21
I think Talos Principle is about $4.50 on Nuuvem right now, Gehenna is another $3.60.

I'll be damned, didn't realize they half-assed it. Guess I'll scoop up Gehenna and see if Sheltered can slip by too.

Edit: Sheltered worked. That's nice, was interested in that at $5 but not $15. Unfortunately the new Europa Universalis 4 DLC was locked, buddy of mine tried that.
The reddit page MysterD linked a few pages back has a list of games that are are buyable with vpn, ROW keys that require south american paypal, and region locked keys.

Really want Dying Light + Season Pass
The season pass isn't discounted at all on Nuuvem (still a lot better than buying it in usd) figure I'll wait and hopefully it will see a discount next summer after the expansion has been released. Might not play it until then anyway.

So what's the consensus on the this whole gem/cards/winter sale business?  Should I sell all my cards now or save some to craft some silly badge?  I usually sell sell sell and then just buy the cards cheap towards the end when they are going to expire. 

So what's the consensus on the this whole gem/cards/winter sale business? Should I sell all my cards now or save some to craft some silly badge? I usually sell sell sell and then just buy the cards cheap towards the end when they are going to expire.
If the sale gimmick is good, it's better to sell the (non-sale) cards once the sale starts. If it's bad, it's better to sell the cards before the sale, and it may have been better to do it while the authenticator discount was in place.

If the sale gimmick is good, it's better to sell the (non-sale) cards once the sale starts. If it's bad, it's better to sell the cards before the sale, and it may have been better to do it while the authenticator discount was in place.
Some asshole decided to buy my foil AFTER the authenticator discount ended. Thanks a lot, asshole! Potential pennies earned wasted

Last edited by a moderator:
The reddit page MysterD linked a few pages back has a list of games that are are buyable with vpn, ROW keys that require south american paypal, and region locked keys.
Went and looked, think I'm set for now. Mildly tempted by the Fallout 4 season pass on the basis that it's something I'll inevitably buy anyway, but Fallout 4 let me down hard enough that I'm waffling at $20.

If the game let you down why would you go for the season pass....it makes no sense unless it's something like borderlands with relatively decent and unique dlc. 

inb4 every1 buys bubsy cuz of delisting paranoia

https://twitter.com/RetroismGames/status/677596734504042497

Dunno how to make the full tweet show up, but if you click on it it'll show some guy claiming they didn't contact him.

inb4 every1 buys bubsy cuz of delisting paranoia

https://twitter.com/RetroismGames/status/677596734504042497

Dunno how to make the full tweet show up, but if you click on it it'll show some guy claiming they didn't contact him.
Is that some guy the owner of buttsby? Or what does it matter? Who is Adam W? You net dicks need to present your evidence better.

I dont like how some games on steam are just emulators, especially commonly used ones, but atleast put some fancy steam features like steam achievements or steam cloud

If the game let you down why would you go for the season pass....it makes no sense unless it's something like borderlands with relatively decent and unique dlc.
Mods. I know I'll want that DLC in the future so I have access to the finest "Replace radscorpion tails with dicks" and rape mods available. None of that crippled vanilla version of the game nonsense for me.

It's kinda weird, basically no matter how disappointing a Bethesda RPG is I always want it on release and want the DLC since I know it'll eventually be something I play a ton of. I was hoping for more out of the game considering vanilla Skyrim was pretty fun, but even so I know there'll be something there eventually.

Not too down (for lack of better words) on the winter sale, thought the fall sale actually had some decent discounts, hoping though some of my wishlist games that weren't involved just didn't get the memo or missed and will be discounted this go around. Still wasn't the major disappointment that I was expecting. Possible that at least part of that is due to actually having money to buy stuff though =p.

Steam punk mini-golf, since somehow I already owned it o_O (assuming it should still work)

WN9YV-RYTWN-WZEY6

Its funny how the release of the old Turok on GOG and Steam is $19.99 MSRP.  I dont care about playing it, but I saw it and was like oh it must be a remaster or something, nope.

Wait wait wait.

Piko Interactive is behind Bubsy? fucking seriously? If you guys think I despise DotEmu, Piko is ten times worse. Not even my love of Bubsy will be enough to make me buy the game now.

Its funny how the release of the old Turok on GOG and Steam is $19.99 MSRP. I dont care about playing it, but I saw it and was like oh it must be a remaster or something, nope.
How is it not a remaster? It looks way better than the old game.

edit; I guess more relevant

Q: Which version of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is this?
A: This game takes the best of the N64 version and the best of the PC version and meshes them into one. It is running on a brand new engine!

Q: Isn't this just the same game as before? what's so different?
A: Some levels have gone through some re-design, items and keys were moved around, the AI is more ruthless.
Makes sense since it definitely didn't have dynamic lighting and stuff before.

Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen PC version coming January 15th, 2016.

PC Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goH1mtLiyGU

PC System Requirements:
Minimum Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-660 CPU or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon HD 5870 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 22 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard audio chip
Additional Notes: 1) Supports Keboard + Mouse and XInput / DirectInput devices including Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock and Steam Controller. 2) Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern gaming laptops with a discrete GPU may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.

Recommended Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 22 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard audio chip
Additional Notes: 1) Supports Keboard + Mouse and XInput / DirectInput devices including Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock and Steam Controller. 2) Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern gaming laptops with a discrete GPU may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.

PC Features:
Additional PC-specific features:

• 9 brand new Achievements for both new and returning Dragon’s Dogma fans! Get ready to delve deep into Bitterblack Isle…
  • Option to completely mute main and support Pawn chatter during traversal
  • Plug & Play controllers: supports XInput and DirectInput-based controllers such as the Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock, and Steam Controller right out of the box. (no 3rd party ‘XInput remapper’ app required)
  • Uses source texture assets that couldn’t be utilized in previous generation consoles due to memory constraints
  • All previously released DLCs and bonus content now built into the base game including the Eternal Ferrystone!
  • Full screen display on 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio monitors
  • Supports 30, 60, and ‘Variable’ frame rate settings
  • Supports 4K resolution (3840x2160)
  • Supports 144Hz monitors to enable 144fps gameplay
  • Remappable keyboard and mouse functions
  • Customizable hot keys (0-5) to allow quick access to commonly used items such as lantern, healing/stamina recovery items, and Ferrystones. Streamlines gameplay in the heat of battle without the need to pause the game.

I am quite literally tsundere for Dragon's Dogma. It is incredibly aggravating and the plot/ending is basically worse than every single indie trash 2deep5u game combined.

That said, those port improvements sound considerable. Now if just gave the option to remove the broken stat system from the game entirely we'd be in business but nope enjoy killing 200 foot tall cyclopses in 3 hits because he keeps fuck ing respawning on the quest path and then a 200 foot tall green cyclops kills you in one because levels lol.

Still I'm a disgusting retard so day one purchase for me. It's such a beautiful trashy mess of a game it's tough to really hate. Nobody comes close to what it tried.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think ANY DLC was added after Dark Arisen so that comment about DLC and Eternal Ferrystone is just marketing gumbo. If they made the Ferrystone system a but more obvious it would certainly be a nice improvement.

So really the only true features are muh graphics, muh quick use keyboard commands, and muh WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS silence mode.

Wait wait wait.

Piko Interactive is behind Bubsy? fucking seriously? If you guys think I despise DotEmu, Piko is ten times worse. Not even my love of Bubsy will be enough to make me buy the game now.
I'll bite. Tell me a story, Foxy, tell me a story about Piko.

J4g3FRp.jpg

.................................... wishlisted.

Hey guys, I'm a lurker but I just got my first gaming rig a few days ago, so nice to have every game auto detect ultra settings.

Specs:

AMD FX 8350@4GHz

R9 280x 3gb vram

500 gb 7200 rpm hdd(already getting a 3tb hdd tomorrow from amazon)

10 gb ram

Hey guys, I'm a lurker but I just got my first gaming rig a few days ago, so nice to have every game auto detect ultra settings.

Specs:

AMD FX 8350@4GHz

R9 280x 3gb vram

500 gb 7200 rpm hdd(already getting a 3tb hdd tomorrow from amazon)

10 gb ram
Nice @ most games on Ultra.

What resolution are you running most games at? 1080p? 1440p?

Welcome! Want a free copy of Gun Monkeys? Number one hit new game!

I'd prefer the ps3 edition.

Superior performance and all.

Trophies, too.
I'm pretty sure you can take their heads as trophies in the PC version, too!

Guys I've played that Barbie puppy rescue game and that shit takes a DARK turn. Like if you're not comfortable with satanic cults, upside down crucifix sacrifices, bathing in puppy blood...don't play that game

So my HDMI chord showed-up yesterday; got it connected from my PC to the HDTV - and my games were so good to go for my HDTV. Seeing ACU, MK9, WWE215, and likely other console-type games [i.e. those I use gamepads with] on my 48'' HDTV in 1080p is just too freaking sweet. :)
Too small, y u no have 70 inch 4K?

I'm actually insulted by the Turok re-release price. I was under the impression, don't know why, that it was 1 and 2 in one package. Turok is far from a classic, though I do have especially fond memories of Seeds of Evil. I guess Nightdive has to pay for their System Shock remake/imagining somehow.

bread's done
Back