Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Does anyone in here play the Far Cry series? should I start from Far Cry 2 forward or just jump on Far Cry 3? seem dirt cheap on Putingate
I'll second Syntax Error & MysterD and say just jump into FC3. You don't need to play them in any kind of order since they are totally different characters/settings in each. I liked FC1 (and all the versions/spinoffs of it) and FC2 (but malaria was incredibly annoying and nonsensical) - but if you're just looking to play and have FUN - I'd say FC3 first. FC2 felt like it had a bit too much busywork to me and I am unsure how well FC1 stands up today outside of looking at it through nostalgia goggles.

As a warning though - most (all?) people don't really like the main character in FC3 - and while I, too, didn't like him it didn't ruin/affect my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you're gonna play Far Cry 3 there are mods available. I played with Ziggy's mod, it basically makes the game more immersive/realistic by taking away the ability to track enemies/see them through walls, adds new guns/attachments, etc. I think you have to start a new game when you install it.

I'll second Syntax Error & MysterD and say just jump into FC3. You don't need to play them in any kind of order since they are totally different characters/settings in each. I liked FC1 (and all the versions/spinoffs of it) and FC2 (but malaria was incredibly annoying and nonsensical) - but if you're just looking to play and have FUN - I'd say FC3 first. FC2 felt like it had a bit too much busywork to me and I am unsure how well FC1 stands up today outside of looking at it through nostalgia goggles.

As a warning though - most (all?) people don't really like the main character in FC3 - and while I, too, didn't like him it didn't ruin/affect my enjoyment of the game.
I didn't like the lead either. So much, I even forgot his name!

FC games were never really about their story + characters anyways. Since FC2, these games been about a huge open-world w/ the amount of activities to do; enemies to shoot; and areas to destroy. FC3 really evolved it and also finally threw in the fun-factor.

I think FC3 is where they got the formula really down + mastered it. FC4 is just more of the same FC3 gameplay, but in a different setting. If you're cool w/ that - enjoy; I certainly am.

FC2 + realism mod is where it's at. Way better than FC3's " beachboybecomeselitewarriorin2weeks-crapfest"

And it's not like a little malaria ever hurt anybody.

Jason Brody didn't bother me too much in FC3. He was a douche but the game itself was self-aware of the fact. Plus, it's not as though you play Far Cry for its compelling dialogue.

Zero to Hero is a common component in a lot of games, essentially any game featuring a civilian protagonist. I mean, otherwise you're going to be in for a dull time of poor gunplay and getting your ass kicked (unless it's an avoid battle scenario like Alien: Isolation). My Fallout 4 character was a lawyer/housewife three weeks before she was a silent angel of death, exploding supermutant heads from across the map.

I am unsure how well FC1 stands up today outside of looking at it through nostalgia goggles.
Far Cry 1 really doesn't hold up well today for someone just getting into the series. Between some AI issues and the latter half of the game being obnoxiously designed, it's easy to tell people to avoid it. That said, It was pretty damn awesome when it came out.

FWIW I've bought a fair amount of stuff that way in the past without issue but I can't speak for Mordor today because I already had it.

How would you compare AC:S with say AC2, ACB, and AC4 (i.e. the most often highly regarded of the AC games)?
That's hard. There are alot of improvements; combat, the grappling hook, the story is somewhat "interesting" and the ability to play two diff type of characters is great. AC4 is my favorite out of the series tbh but that's super hard to beat because of how beautiful the game was crafted (water, sailing, being a badassmother******* pirate)

I do think that in terms of actual gameplay AC:S is right behind AC4 and definitely beats all other AC games.

Anyone else have any success/failure putin'ing Shadow of Mordor? I've never passed for Russian on gamersgate and don't know if the hassle of a false key is worth saving ~$3.
I can confirm that I just bought it with no problems. It took a few minutes before it would give me the key which I think might be a normal security feature but other than that everything was fine. I just loaded the page in chrome with VPN on and then added it to my cart and then I turned off my VPN and then I signed in and paid as normal.

Have you gotten around to playing Mordor at all yet?
Of course not, but that also goes for 99.9% of the games I own.

I can confirm that I just bought it with no problems. It took a few minutes before it would give me the key which I think might be a normal security feature but other than that everything was fine. I just loaded the page in chrome with VPN on and then added it to my cart and then I turned off my VPN and then I signed in and paid as normal.
The wait time is annoying, but yes it's normal for them so nothing to do with the vpn. Not sure what good it does them really but they seem to think it's a security feature. *shrug*

AC4 will always be the fan favorite due to its pirate theme. Nothing else really compares to the naval game play; everything on land has been done before, and a plane-based AC game would be either ridiculous or boring with convoluted controls. It's my favorite out of the series, too, being the only one I played for more than 10 minutes.

I googled "duplicate key gamersgate" and apparently this is not the first time something like this has happened. Also apparently Gamersgate takes the steam approach to customer service (i.e. who knows when the fuck they'll get back to you) so I guess i'll update you guys with what winds up happening some time next month or so

I've had a couple GG issues in my day and they've usually responded within 2-3 days.

When my account was stolen by Russian G2A mafia goons, they quickly agreed that I didn't buy Lego Batman but then took another week -- and some additional prodding on my part -- before getting around to refunding my blue coins :roll:

I googled "duplicate key gamersgate" and apparently this is not the first time something like this has happened. Also apparently Gamersgate takes the steam approach to customer service (i.e. who knows when the fuck they'll get back to you) so I guess i'll update you guys with what winds up happening some time next month or so
Wait!

When did Valve buy-out Gamersgate? ;)

I missed this memo.

AC4 will always be the fan favorite due to its pirate theme. Nothing else really compares to the naval game play; everything on land has been done before, and a plane-based AC game would be either ridiculous or boring with convoluted controls. It's my favorite out of the series, too, being the only one I played for more than 10 minutes.
I'm skipping over the obvious choice of Assassin's Creed IN SPAAAAACE and moving straight to the best option.

Assassin's Creed in dirigibles.

Now that I've said it you all know this is the only way forward.

The wait time is annoying, but yes it's normal for them so nothing to do with the vpn. Not sure what good it does them really but they seem to think it's a security feature. *shrug*
The wait time came from when they were constantly glitching. I guess they figured that it gave them ten minutes to catch the error and cancel the orders/keys without having to go through Steam to revoke them.

I've had a couple GG issues in my day and they've usually responded within 2-3 days.

When my account was stolen by Russian G2A mafia goons, they quickly agreed that I didn't buy Lego Batman but then took another week -- and some additional prodding on my part -- before getting around to refunding my blue coins :roll:
YaKRnfk.jpg

Frontier is doing a 24 hour Elite: Dangerous live stream started this morning (3am PST, 7am EST). Bunch of random stuff like trivia, speed docking challenge, call in, etc.

Bigger thing is they are doing a drawing at the end, for every quid donated you get an entry, have to put your commander name in the comment field to be entered, so you need to own the game. You don't have to watch the stream or even the draw, for people with lives, or who hate watching people play video games. 

Have to donate by Tuesday Morning, think like 1am PST. 

The list of crap you can win:

• 1 x high end gaming PC built by Scan.co.uk worth over £1,500! This machine includes…
    Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core with Hyper-threading
  • Professionally overclocked to 4.6GHz
  • Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with Intel NIC and SupremeFX
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3000MHz
  • 4GB EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
  • 250GB Samsung EVO SSD & 2TB HDD
  • Microsoft Windows 10 64bit
  • 3 Year Premium Warranty

[*]1 x Xbox One Console and a Copy of Elite Dangerous on Xbox One
[*]5 x Name your own planet
[*]1 x Your own personal, unique paint job – Work with our designer to create a single use, specific paint job for the ship of your choice.
[*]1 x Every paint job in the Frontier Store
[*]3 x Saitek X52 Pro – Flight system
[*]1 x Steam Link and Steam Controller
[*]3 x Elgato HD60 high performance capture cards in limited edition white
[*]2 x YouTube Gaming Swag Bag (backpack, cape [not cap], stickers, T-shirt)
[*]5 x Copies of both Mostly Harmless and The Methuselah Strain from Fantastic Publishing
[*]8 x Player Group Commuunity Packs
  • Hutton Truckers pack (Mug, Patch, Sticker)
  • Order of Mobius Pack (Mug, Ltd Edition Key ring and pin badge)
  • ESS Pack (Mug and key ring)
  • Canonn Science Pack (Mug, 5 UA badges and a pack of wagon wheels [Cakes])
  • ADK Pack (T-shirt, mousepad and mug)
  • UGC pack (T-Shirt and Mug)
  • Fuel Rats Pack (Mug MkII, a Tshirt, a 3D sticker and a sticker)
  • Radio Sidewinder pack (Morphing Mug and Sticker)

[*]1 x Every voice pack available from HCS v oicepacks (15 packs)
[*]10 x Planet Coaster Pre Order
[*]10 x Elite Dangerous: Horizons
[*]10 x Frontier Premium Goodie Bags (Black Beanie Hat, Elite ranking Cap, Empire Mug, Alliance Mug, Federation Mug, Elite logo pin badge, Elite logo key ring, Signed artwork, YouTube Gaming laptop covers, YouTube Gaming Stickers, Google Cardboard 2.0)

(posting since I figured people might be interested in a drawing for random stuff). 

Donate link

Link to the thread on the Elite forums

Make an account, do a bunch of random garbage to reach rank 2, buy my 6k blue coins and....get selected for manual review. I hate gamersgate already.
For what it's worth, I got "manual review" for a Putinpurchase once and they let it go through just fine. I have no idea what they were "reviewing" for but I was approved.

Amazon just put a shitton of stuff on sale. Most of it is grandma crap but there's some Activision/Sega/Bethesda stuff mixed in.

I did a quick browse through of all the 75% off or more stuff and didn't see anything that looked that amazing that hadn't been on sale similarly priced in the past but I dunno maybe I missed something.

Amazon just put a shitton of stuff on sale. Most of it is grandma crap but there's some Activision/Sega/Bethesda stuff mixed in.

I did a quick browse through of all the 75% off or more stuff and didn't see anything that looked that amazing that hadn't been on sale similarly priced in the past but I dunno maybe I missed something.
Yeah, there are a lot of games and DLC on sale. Here are some lists of all titles at 70% off or more:

Activision titles - Transformers, Legend of Korra, Spider-Man bundle

Bethesda titles - Call of Cthulhu for $2.50 probably the best deal here, although all Quake and DOOM games are 75% off

Paradox titles - all garbage

Sega titles - Total War and Warhammer, Dreamcast Collection is $2.10 and Tembo the Badass Elephant is $3.75

All titles

If anybody wants the Kung Fu Panda movie amazon gave me a copy for buying super late christmas gifts

3KEK-9UEPCG-YN8X8Q

here are the steps to redeem

1. Click More Purchase Options

2. Click Redeem a Gift Card or Promotion Code
3. Enter your unique promotional code that is at the top of this email and click submit.
4. You will receive confirmation that your promotion code was successfully redeemed.  Exit out of the pop-up window.
5. Click the Buy Movie HD option. 
6. You should receive an email confirming that a credit for the full value of the digital HD copy of Kung Fu Panda was applied to your order.

So, by some chance, I ended up on the sites front page and something caught my eye...  Play-Asia sales steam games.  I never would have suspected that they sold steam games.  Anyhow, good company bought from them a few times before.  (Got my Asian copy of Demon's Souls from them, this was sometime before Atlus brought it state side.) 

Anyhow, I browsed but didn't expect to find much...  but I did find something that I think is a really good deal:

Batman: Arkham Knights Premium Edition (This is the one with the season pass) for $24.99 (link)

As troubled as the game has been I still think this is going be a good price for quite awhile.  (ITAD says "FunStockDigital" has had it for $24.03 but I've never heard of them.)

Its downloading here...  No issue with redeeming the code.

Edit:

Also found

Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition $10.99 (link)

Bio Menace is now on GOG and it's free, for you +1'ers. 

You probably already have it on steam, unless you dum and didn't buy that bundlestars bundle with the 3d realms pack.

bread's done
Back