Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Spoder on the other hand deserves everything he gets

On a serious note, I used to be all charitable and hook people up with extra copies of glitches, but lately I've been reselling them when I get em and hooking up maybe one or two CAGs who I feel will actually play the game in question. Most people are desperate to get a glitch but will just throw it in the backlog so it's really a waste and also most people don't tend to return the favor down the line.
Thanks, you're right, I do deserve everything I get.. which is why I got The Division for free earlier today ;). Bobby is 90% of the reason I got it btw, so you guys can stop hating on him so much lol.

Also, when I give away shit or let people have glitches at cost I usually do try to give it to people that will have a higher chance of playing it, or have done me favors in the past.. so that always goes a long way for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, you're right, I do deserve everything I get.. which is why I got The Division for free earlier today ;). Bobby is 90% of the reason I got it btw, so you guys can stop hating on him so much lol.

Also, when I give away shit or let people have glitches at cost I usually do try to give it to people that will have a higher chance of playing it, or have done me favors in the past.. so that always goes a long way for me.
Does this mean we can officially schedule a Division bro night?

My posting laundry list after browsing the forums this morning:

1) My understanding is that "y u no bai" is sort of a good-natured ribbing. It does sometimes sting a bit when it's an especially good deal, but I've never felt it was mean-spirited.

2) .. just as the use of "spodering" is mostly good-natured. I do, however, sense that it is rather passive-aggressive at times.

3) Where the hell is the secret chat or forum in which all the too-juicy-for-CAG deals get posted. I'm no 24/7 guy, but I hate to think I'm missing out on something good (and no I'm not the kind of guy to run post it on slickdeals). One of the reasons I joined CAG was for deals. :cry:

4) But... after you've gotten the glitch, what's the harm of posting it here? Madjoki deserves a ton of credit for posting the glitches and giveaways. Don't give him a hard time if you miss them.

5) Price gouging deals you picked up from here is lame, especially when so many regulars miss out. We used to sort of take care of each other here (I'm not talking about a fair profit for the trouble).

On that note, I applaud spoder for helping others out on that glitch. That's old school CAG.

disclaimer: I have not asked to get in on that deal.

Didn't want to day anything though because I didn't want to look soft.
photo-thumb-49842.png

but will just throw it in the backlog
lUvEN8.gif

1) My understanding is that "y u no bai" is sort of a good-natured ribbing. It does sometimes sting a bit when it's an especially good deal, but I've never felt it was mean-spirited.
f dat, i "y u no bai" bcasue i liek teh tast of tears

This. I've already given away 2 copies from this glitch to people as a thank you for past kindness. Not the type to forget favours even if I forget exactly when they happened. It also tends to get you on my glitch/free shit mailing list, which certain people in here can agree is handy.

Does this mean we can officially schedule a Division bro night?
No, I got screwed out of a copy because I lack lady bits. :-({|= At least my bros got theirs. I couldn't run it even if I wanted to.

Edit: No, spoder doesn't have lady bits. No, I can't tell you how I know. :bouncy:

I bought Deathsmiles this morning before it went off sale. I do loves my shmups. And the Dead Rising games are on the weekend Steam sale. Considering the Dead Rising Collection for $26.99 which includes DR2, DR2: Off the Record, DR3: Apocalypse and all DLC, but I'm scared that my Alpha i3 won't run DR3 very well. Or I could just buy more games on the Devolverdigital sale. My birthday was on Monday so I have a bit to burn on my Steam account at the moment...

It's cool, everyone* is already capped out at max level and we're all playing Vermintide now.

*except for me and people like Fox who gave up games for Lent.

I've been distracted by March Madness this morning, but I wanted to thank Madjoki and Spoderman for posting on the Newegg/AMD stuff last night. I was able to create a sweet Newegg Business account and lay claim to a single copy of Ashes of the Singularity. I missed out on Far Cry Primal because I was too late, but you can't win them all.

So thanks guys for posting any info when you do and helping out others. I appreciate it.

That freebie Golden Joystick UK copy of Dark Souls came in quite handy, as I traded it for Wasteland 2. Dark Souls was too hardcore for me anyways.

Sigh, I go away to work and I miss all this juicy drama.

I was kidding about FC Primal, I have no reason to play it anytime soon, if the games went to someone who'll play them then cool. If not, meh.

About the Saints from Hell Gala bundle, you don't get SR4 GOTC, do you? So all the cosmetic DLC is not included. $14 and change for Gat out of Hell and the Metros ain't bad, SR4 though. Bleh.

... where was I. I forgot. Oh right. DotEmu sucks, gimme music, blah blah blah furry.

That freebie Golden Joystick UK copy of Dark Souls came in quite handy, as I traded it for Wasteland 2. Dark Souls was too hardcore for me anyways.
Damn, that was a good idea, I should have done that. Then again, I have yet to play Dark Souls and want to give it a shot.

From $90 all the way to bundle fodder, then a freebie, and now in the form of a code drop, the legendary Planetary Annihilation: 5I0XF-M54GX-I6NCP

Did you like Recettear?

Did you like Game Dev Story/Game Dev Tycoon thingy?

If so, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! is the game for you. It's more entertaining than Punch Club but it's still a stat-grinder.

Why do I do this to myself?

:shame:

Most people are desperate to get a glitch but will just throw it in the backlog
I'll be honest that I don't play most of them, but for me it's less about +1 backlogging and more about protecting myself from being annoyed later when people say y u no bai glitch on some game I didn't want anyway.

I never said I didn't have issues.

Anyway if ya'll ever find a glitch on a grandma game or cutesy farming game or whatever I'll be all over that shit.

I got screwed out of a copy because I lack lady bits. :-({|= At least my bros got theirs. I couldn't run it even if I wanted to.
So just pretend so be a girl. You know how many dudes do MMO drag or even Steam drag?

Hell, rumor has it that a well known CAG did CAG drag. But Miss Bonita ain't one to gossip so you ain't heard it from me!

Damn, that was a good idea, I should have done that. Then again, I have yet to play Dark Souls and want to give it a shot.
I tried playing it once. I spawned like in prison and button smashed some things. Then ran up a winding staircase and tried to button smash some more stuff but ended up dying. Then I had enough.

I tried playing it once. I spawned like in prison and button smashed some things. Then ran up a winding staircase and tried to button smash some more stuff but ended up dying. Then I had enough.
That sounds a lot like me. I don't really get satisfaction out of beating some tough game so the idea of spending hours trying to finish a fight or kill a monster holds no appeal for me. I got other shit I can be playing. Now, if I'm invested in a game because I just played ten hours of it and like it and hit a sticking point I might power through. But if I'm dying in the tutorial, I ain't got time for that.

No offense intended to hardcore Dark Souls fans (or bullet hell fans, etc). It's a great time to play games when there's a billion options for everyone so it's best to know what you like.

I proudly choose female chars with exaggerated features and walk around pretending to be helpless n horny.  "NEone know how 2 play?" "NEone eat da pussy on tha first date?"

One time I was competing with a CAG selling Steam cards (back when they were worth money) and I changed my name to a girl name on Steam to see if that would give me the edge.  Then my brother messaged me asking me what was going on.  UKGamerGirl FTW!

That sounds a lot like me. I don't really get satisfaction out of beating some tough game so the idea of spending hours trying to finish a fight or kill a monster holds no appeal for me. I got other shit I can be playing. Now, if I'm invested in a game because I just played ten hours of it and like it and hit a sticking point I might power through. But if I'm dying in the tutorial, I ain't got time for that.

No offense intended to hardcore Dark Souls fans (or bullet hell fans, etc). It's a great time to play games when there's a billion options for everyone so it's best to know what you like.
I feel completely the same way and I've noticed this has gotten much more prevalent as I've gotten older. I used to start every game I played on hard because reasons (hard = fun, I guess?) back when I was younger and had nothing to do but class (occasionally) and game (constantly). Now, I just don't have the time to die over and over again without making progress. I want to play a game for 30 min and feel like I made some progress or at least had fun. That's why I've drifted towards match-style games with relatively short game times like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone or towards games with "runs" like Darkest Dungeon, Nuclear Throne, or other "rogue-lite" games.

I'm thinking it's part of a cunning plan on Stardock's part to create a massive userbase for their new EA game. After all, they are strongly touting the multiplayer features. . .

WNYOnCd.png

When did you guys buy yours? I bought my first one at around 1AM EST this morning, then another at 3AM. The one at 3 didn't activate. I have no way of trying the first one since AMD puts new accounts on hold for 48 hours.

When did you guys buy yours? I bought my first one at around 1AM EST this morning, then another at 3AM. The one at 3 didn't activate. I have no way of trying the first one since AMD puts new accounts on hold for 48 hours.
Which website did you try?

New accounts on hold? I created my account and immediately activated. Maybe because I activated with a phone number? I am getting the feeling that the stars just randomly decided to align for me on this.

Also, I bought mine at 2:02pm central today. Had my steam key 12 minutes later.

Did you like Recettear?

Did you like Game Dev Story/Game Dev Tycoon thingy?

If so, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! is the game for you. It's more entertaining than Punch Club but it's still a stat-grinder.

Why do I do this to myself?

:shame:
Anyway if ya'll ever find a glitch on a grandma game or cutesy farming game or whatever I'll be all over that shit.
:D/ One of us, one of us.

Anyone planning on playing Dark Souls, do yourself a favor, and download DSFIX and mods (like the texture pack) from Nexus Mods. Makes the game really nice and is all very easy to do.

bread's done
Back