Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You guys think 20 For Divinity Original sin is a good price or has it been lower at some point? Or do you guys see it dropping more then that sometime soon? Thanks

You guys think 20 For Divinity Original sin is a good price or has it been lower at some point? Or do you guys see it dropping more then that sometime soon? Thanks
It's a shitty price for a game that old but unless you live near the Walmart on the Mexican border you unfortunately will probably not find it cheaper soon.

Is craft the world fun? On my wishlist and currently at the lowest price it has been. Yes yes it's been bundled once before but that doesn't help me now.
In my eagerness to point out that it was in a bundle with like 10 other games last week or so, I nearly overlooked your last sentence in which you pointed out that you're aware it was bundled.

So I'm totally not going to tell you that it was just bundled with like 10 other games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebel Galaxy has great atmosphere and solid content but I personally couldn't stand the 2D plane style of combat.  If it were a traditional cockpit sim space game I wouldn't have returned my preorder.

In my eagerness to point out that it was in a bundle with like 10 other games last week or so, I nearly overlooked your last sentence in which you pointed out that you're aware it was bundled.

So I'm totally not going to tell you that it was just bundled with like 10 other games.
To be fair it was in the top tier of a HB.

It never gets any cheaper. I've been watching it for quite some time. Only way you'd really get better value would be waiting until it got to $20 on consoles.

Another example of how trash this sale is... State of Decay 'remake' is FIFTEEN PERCENT OFF.  Fifteen fuggin percent?  The non remake was 75% off a couple of years ago.  You have a sequel coming out in like... eight or so months you'd think you'd want to promote through sales of the first game.  15%?  That's a preorder discount.

That means it's about as good as Mighty No. 9. Take that as what you will.
No it means like 6 'professionals' reviewed it like a year ago and some dude in that oh so ubiquitous site Eurogamer Poland ripped it a new one and dragged the score down.

Seriously, who the fuck uses metacritic for indie games? Gee let's see dynamic reviews from hundreds of real people who played the damned game, some very recently, or 6 angry 'journalists' from the dying industry of gaming press with an axe to grind because they can't say bad shit about EA and Ubisoft for fear of losing sponsors taking their frustrations out on some indie game in the first week of release.

I wonder which one I should trust?

tumblr_miybvhhEnP1qltuf1o3_250.gif

There's a patch you can download for the Steam version. Just buy it on Steam and get the patch if that's your thing.
It's not his "thing" good Sir, I believe the correct terminology would be his "thang".

Now if you will excuse me, I have my own peculiarities to hold my attention, especially since this sale cannot...

f635bf62c766ebb68cf4859e0f29f0a3.jpg

I blame it all on that economist Valve hired a few years back they were so high on...

UK the next Russia for cheap games? Better line up a 'mate' in case their economy goes to the toilet so they can buy you a bunch of games on the cheap before Valve bans them from cross region gifting due to their shit economy.

bVhdVWl.png

Well good thing I chose to buy it then haha

Apparently Vlambeer are too cool for Summer sales, no discount at all for Nuclear Throne and Luftrausers.

A meager 30% off for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms... almost two years have passed since the game launched and still hasn't been on sale below 50% off.
Update: Luftrausers is now 80% off but still no discount whatsoever for Nuclear Throne.

Haul so far: Pestered Amazon into price matching Steam so I could use Amazon credit on $12 Thea.

Been on the fence with everything else. Still a few decent deals (Eyeballing $16 Mordheim for example) but nothing else that I feel a burning need to buy. I was going to scoop up $6 Elder Sign Omens and double dip on PC, but 60% off was an extravagant price mistake and they corrected it to 40%/$9 before I bought a copy. And then there are some not particularly decent deals but I'm still tempted anyway because I want the game more, like $12 Conquest of Elysium 4 and $10 the Quest. And maybe $20 moonbuggy expansion for Elite. Maybe.

Unfortunately Thea was the only thing I snapped up quickly, and that was more due to just really wanting to finally pick up Thea rather than the deal.

I want Divinity, too.  My planned list is:

Invisible Inc + DLC
5089 (VR)
Subnautica (VR)
Solus Project (VR)
Neptunia U

HDN RE;B3

I will likely purchase the VR games and try them out to see if I can play them comfortably.  If not, I get a refund.  Adr1ft was the first game that really made me feel truly ill playing.  Gorgeous, but not a good VR experience.  

Nuclear Throne doesn't suck as bad as Lost Planet, but it does suck. Too many of the deaths in that game are due to happenstance.

Bytheway, I've turned into a seasonal CAG...
To be fair I was far more interested in LUFTRAUSERS than Nuclear Throne, it's one of those indies I missed when it was a part of a bundle. I think NC will be a part of a normal bundle soon, I'm just a bit surprised they decided it not to discount it at all (or maybe the discount hasn't kicked in yet)

There is a very nice CAG from Canada who posted in the Trade thread he will help people out. Just helped me save 10% on some games, but it could be more depending.
yeah, DK posted the same thing on his steam profile. but fuck him, he can't even beat GR 76. 76!!! what kind of bs is that?!?

I can't believe mass effect does not have controller support. I bought it a while ago and I can't bare to play it with KB and mouse. Anyone have any suggestion for a former console peasant? Maybe a mod? If it's worth anything I own the origin copy of them. sorry for being so off topic.

I can't believe mass effect does not have controller support. I bought it a while ago and I can't bare to play it with KB and mouse. Anyone have any suggestion for a former console peasant? Maybe a mod? If it's worth anything I own the origin copy of them. sorry for being so off topic.
Will have to use something like joy2key or something to get it to work with a gamepad.

I probably won't live long enough to ever get around to playing it but is Dying Light The Following Enhanced a decent deal at 50% off, or has it already been cheaper?

Some annoying shit that Bioware used to have about not wanting to ruin the integrity of their games, never mind that they were obviously created around consoles and a controller.

They finally gave that all up with Dragon Age Inquisition thankfully, but yeah the older games you have to jump through hoops when they were released at a time when everyone else was doing controller support on the PC.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/60/?

Controller support was in the game all along from the 360 version, this mod just reactivates it.

Well, my first sacrifice to the bundle gods of this sale: 12 Labors of Hercules V.  

Though, given how horrid most of the bundle sites have gotten, it could actually be a while. 

That actually works now? Years ago Tony basically admitted that didn't do a damned thing, at least as far as PC games are concerned.

Hmm, interesting.
Apparently. I threw the info in and a few hours later Thea was price matched on Amazon, while other bigger games in the Steam stale weren't yet. For example, the Xcom 2 season pass hasn't been matched yet (And it's about 20,000 positions ahead of Thea on Amazon's sales listings) while Xcom 2 itself has. I think it's just whatever people happen to send a report on.

So I just realized that Punch Club, which was on my wishlist, is 75% off. Anyone who owns it want to chime in on whether it is worth it? It has a bundle fodder vibe to it but I dunno.

Doom can't be selling that well if it's already 40% off AND there's a demo.  Last Bethesda game that had a demo was Evil Within.  You can probably expect Doom to drop to $20 or less in another six months.

So I just realized that Punch Club, which was on my wishlist, is 75% off. Anyone who owns it want to chime in on whether it is worth it? It has a bundle fodder vibe to it but I dunno.
I'm kind of surprised it's 75% off. tinyBuild has been screaming bloody murder about G2A, so maybe they've just thrown up their hands and said "Whatever"?

Browsing steamdb's sales list of DLC for games I own...

Detective Grimoire soundtrack - $0.74 (75% off)

"Oh good, something I can buy with this damn Steam wallet!"

remembers to check Humble library

sees Detective Grimoire soundtrack from past bundle purchase

cries

Already bought some of those high-discount bundles and am doing my best to resist buying the Digital Homicide ones, but I may have no choice. Just a couple other things I may get from the wishlist, but otherwise this sale is lackluster as hell. Most games nowhere near all-time high discounts. Random example: Fallout: New Vegas has almost always been 75% off (66% for Ultimate Edition) in the big sales. Now it's 50/40. ¿Por qué?

Discovering non-wishlist items is clunky due to Valve opening the floodgates to all kinds of shit these past couple years. That's why I make sure to empty my queue daily and wishlist anything I might remotely like. Otherwise it's a pain in the ass to search the store.

At least I can finally get Civ V: Brave New World for a decent price ($2.47) from the Civ V bundle. My 3-year quest to complete my Civ V will finally be over!

I admit 40% off Doom is tempting since it is fairly new but do you have a ton of Amazon shipping credits? I can't imagine a world where I value my Amazon credit lower than Gaben bucks.
Free Kindle lawsuit money. Not much, but more than enough for that, and I got it for buying things I wanted anyways so it isn't super valuable to me. Otherwise it is going to Overwatch for PS4 since I have people bugging me to get that.

I probably won't live long enough to ever get around to playing it but is Dying Light The Following Enhanced a decent deal at 50% off, or has it already been cheaper?
It hasn't been "cheaper" but that's because by the time the base game was starting to get into "real discount" territory, they did the Enhanced Edition, bundled in the DLC and restarted the clock at $60. Otherwise, it'd probably be a $10 or $12 game by now.

But I don't think the old base game is available any longer so 50% is what you get.

Random example: Fallout: New Vegas has almost always been 75% off (66% for Ultimate Edition) in the big sales. Now it's 50/40. ¿Por qué?
B/c Bethesda is getting "bleh" with their discounts again for their big-time franchises (i.e. Fallout + Elder Scrolls).

Just look at pricing for Fallout 3: GOTY; Skyrim + DLC's (all sold separately); Morrowind GOTY; and Oblivion GOTY Regular + Deluxe.

And also Skyrim Legendary isn't even listed on the store for sale right.

EDIT:

Add Dishonored to the list, also.

Doom can't be selling that well if it's already 40% off AND there's a demo. Last Bethesda game that had a demo was Evil Within. You can probably expect Doom to drop to $20 or less in another six months.
The multiplayer was pretty bad. The other problem is it came out at the same time as Overwatch. Although Doom singleplayer is pretty damn good. Also no mods on PC.

Bought the only game I had my eye on this sale Stardew Valley. 20% off isn't a huge discount but I already played it and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

bread's done
Back