Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Just installed Windows 10 without a hitch. It kept crashing a few months back when I tried four or five different times.

Don't be proactive. Don't try to get a head start. Just wait until the last minute. Life lessons affirmed.
Was going to do mine tonight but the wife is trying her hardest to ruin my plans. My Windows clock says I have over 24 hours though so I should be fine.

Procrastinators unite!

Was going to do mine tonight but the wife is trying her hardest to ruin my plans. My Windows clock says I have over 24 hours though so I should be fine.

Procrastinators unite!
I'm one of the procrastinators here, as I want it now on my W7 Gaming Desktop PC (my main PC) - especially since I like W10 and since I have a worthwhile vid-card (GTX 970) and definitely have room to upgrade later (i.e. could always easily swap out mobo/CPU, if the price is right).

Though, the attempts from this week to try to upgrade to W10 has not gone well - as I've basically been for the last few weeks moving my games to other hard drives.

Windows been stunting me at every chance, to try to upgrade/install W10. It doesn't like one of the app's I have installed.

Uninstalling the app is a royal pain in the neck here - as you have to use 3rd party uninstallers to force out the program's remnants...well most of it, anyways. Most of them will not remove the final file, as removing that can cause all kinds of issues. Already tried removing the file manually - well, had to put the file back in, when in Safe Mode.

If I keep failing here - well, at least I got W10 on my gaming laptop (a while ago - a few months back, when I bought that laptop and jumped it from W8 to W10), I guess. [shrug]

Last edited by a moderator:
MysterD, you could've just cloned your OS drive and attempted the upgrade on the clone. That way you don't lose any data and if something goes wrong, you lose nothing. It's what I did.

MysterD, you could've just cloned your OS drive and attempted the upgrade on the clone. That way you don't lose any data and if something goes wrong, you lose nothing. It's what I did.
I actually made a clone (back-up) of my W7 OS drive earlier in the week, just in case something would go wrong when actually trying the W10 Upgrade on my original hard drive.

Of course, I need to actually get past the 1st step of it actually allowing me to install/upgrade the W10 OS.

Just installed Windows 10 without a hitch. It kept crashing a few months back when I tried four or five different times.

Don't be proactive. Don't try to get a head start. Just wait until the last minute. Life lessons affirmed.
Opposite situation for me. Waited until the last minute and couldn't get past the "Welcome to Windows 10" first boot login screen. No inputs working no matter how many times I switched plugs, keyboards, and USB BIOS settings. Rockin' my vintage 7 again, thankfully, but what a waste of a day trying to get 10 working.

Dead by Daylight
bsp.gif

GETTIN' ME SUM FUN BUX! YEA BOI!

Last thing I "kickstartered", or whatever the generic term of giving money to good idea faries you kids use, was Indivisible. I'm kinda miffed Sony/Square never got around to putting out Valkyrie Profile on the PSN in any fashion as it's one of my favorite PS1 games. Only one, outside of Lunar SSSC that I wish I still had, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $100+ for a used copy of a game the devs won't get a dime for.

Here's still hoping we see a PSN update. Or maybe they don't make enough money and they quit... :/

Here are some of the Marvel Heroes Random Character codes, can only use one per account.

PR72-GMS6-FC66-6GJA-HG38-HCF2

PR72-GMS6-DC7A-J2CE-B4HG-GAA4

​Oofh, that was unreadable wasn't it. 

Here are some of the Marvel Heroes Random Character codes, can only use one per account.

PR72-GMS6-FC66-6GJA-HG38-HCF2

PR72-GMS6-DC7A-J2CE-B4HG-GAA4

​Oofh, that was unreadable wasn't it.
Shockingly the top one worked for me. I got The Silver Surfer. :)

Made the switch over to Win 10. Nothing is on fire or covered in bees yet.
Was in the process of doing that yesterday until I got the notice that my SEP had to be uninstalled -- of course I don't have the serial code and despite my best efforts perusing the registry I couldn't locate the serial key, hashed or otherwise... :whistle2:/

Bros played Battleborn. Bros had fun. Far from a bad game so not sure where the hate is coming from. Bros will play again.
I wanted to join you guys tonight, but I got home late. If you guys play another time I'll make a point of being around.

Hmm, I should probably come to a decision pretty soon as to whether I want to upgrade to Win10 or not.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who procrastinated deciding until the last minute.

Made the switch over to Win 10. Nothing is on fire or covered in bees yet.
Make sure you turn off all the nonsense in Settings - Privacy and set data collection to "basic" since there's no "none" setting. It's hard to turn off Cortana, but you can turn off her data collection pretty easily and stop her from listening to your mic if you have one. I had to make a local account to stop the personalized ads. There's a setting here you can turn off, but I find local accounts are safer. Then of course there's the Digital Advertiser's Alliance Consumer Choice Page that lets you opt out of data collection for 128 companies.

Hmm, I should probably come to a decision pretty soon as to whether I want to upgrade to Win10 or not.
Information collection is like mining for gold these days, and that's basically all Windows 10 does. There are only a few nice features it has over 7, but 7 will be discontinued before long in favor for these profitable upgrades so you might as well while it's still free.

Make sure you turn off all the nonsense in Settings - Privacy and set data collection to "basic" since there's no "none" setting.
http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

More changes in the Windows Anniversary update, due August 2nd, are being discovered. After yesterday's news about Cortana not able to be turned off in the Windows Anniversary update, certain registry entries and group policies have been found to be updated with a note stating that they only apply to Enterprise and Education editions. Win 10 Pro users will no longer be able to turn off policies such as the Microsoft Consumer Experience, Show Windows Tips, Do not display the lock screen, and Disable all apps from the Windows Store.

Fry's (in-store only):

It's $40 to buy a $50-valued Steam Card today only.

In Store only, and no Rainchecks.

Check your e-mail for the promo code and more details.

Two questions:

1.  Has anyone played Cold Fear?  I saw it in GMG's sale (but not on sale, just listed on the sale page) and then saw it was a zombie game.  Wondering if it's worth a play through.  I'm almost 100% sure I probably have it in my PS2 backlog somewhere.

2.  Does anyone have any cheap solutions for housing multiple 2.5'' drives in a 5.25'' bay?  Finishing up this build for my bro-in-law but trying to use several 2.5'' drives I've pulled from laptops over the years to save money.  Problem is the Cosmos 1000 only has 5.25'' bays or 3.5'' bays, but the 3.5'' bays are some proprietary design that doesn't allow for the usual 2.5'' to 3.5'' conversion kits (I've tried with the ones that came with the SSDs I bought).  Already had one 3.5'' to 5.25'' conversion bracket so was able to install the SSD that way, but wondering if there's a cheap/easy way for the other drives.  I mean I could always just buy more brackets and conversion kits for those, but then it starts getting pricey and defeating the purpose of reusing the drives.  

And that has been Fox's hardware contribution for the day. 

Two questions:

1. Has anyone played Cold Fear? I saw it in GMG's sale (but not on sale, just listed on the sale page) and then saw it was a zombie game. Wondering if it's worth a play through. I'm almost 100% sure I probably have it in my PS2 backlog somewhere.
I bought it on Steam and played through it a few years ago. Have you played Resident Evil 4? It's like a low budget version of RE4 on a boat. I liked it and it's worth playing through, but I remember it lacking widescreen support. There's a widescreen mod for it but it'll stretch the picture a bit so it's not the greatest solution. Play RE4 first if you haven't. Steam version is nice cuz there's no Uplay drm, but I don't think it's ever been less than $5 on Steam.

I bought it on Steam and played through it a few years ago. Have you played Resident Evil 4? It's like a low budget version of RE4 on a boat. I liked it and it's worth playing through, but I remember it lacking widescreen support. There's a widescreen mod for it but it'll stretch the picture a bit so it's not the greatest solution. Play RE4 first if you haven't. Steam version is nice cuz there's no Uplay drm, but I don't think it's ever been less than $5 on Steam.
You know, I have played RE4, but it was way back on Gamecube. I have it on PS2 as well though so maybe I will hook it up to the old tube TV and give it a go along with Cold Fear. Once I find Cold Fear. It's in a box. Somewhere.

2. Does anyone have any cheap solutions for housing multiple 2.5'' drives in a 5.25'' bay? Finishing up this build for my bro-in-law but trying to use several 2.5'' drives I've pulled from laptops over the years to save money. Problem is the Cosmos 1000 only has 5.25'' bays or 3.5'' bays, but the 3.5'' bays are some proprietary design that doesn't allow for the usual 2.5'' to 3.5'' conversion kits (I've tried with the ones that came with the SSDs I bought). Already had one 3.5'' to 5.25'' conversion bracket so was able to install the SSD that way, but wondering if there's a cheap/easy way for the other drives. I mean I could always just buy more brackets and conversion kits for those, but then it starts getting pricey and defeating the purpose of reusing the drives.

And that has been Fox's hardware contribution for the day.
Icy Dock and other companies make adapters from 1-8 SSD to fit in a 5.25 but like you said it gets pricey once you go above 4. Here is one on $8.99 for 2 SSD on B&H.

2. Does anyone have any cheap solutions for housing multiple 2.5'' drives in a 5.25'' bay? Finishing up this build for my bro-in-law but trying to use several 2.5'' drives I've pulled from laptops over the years to save money. Problem is the Cosmos 1000 only has 5.25'' bays or 3.5'' bays, but the 3.5'' bays are some proprietary design that doesn't allow for the usual 2.5'' to 3.5'' conversion kits (I've tried with the ones that came with the SSDs I bought). Already had one 3.5'' to 5.25'' conversion bracket so was able to install the SSD that way, but wondering if there's a cheap/easy way for the other drives. I mean I could always just buy more brackets and conversion kits for those, but then it starts getting pricey and defeating the purpose of reusing the drives.
Zip ties or drill new holes for mounting. Maybe both. A cheap dremel knockoff might be handy.

Icy Dock and other companies make adapters from 1-8 SSD to fit in a 5.25 but like you said it gets pricey once you go above 4. Here is one on $8.99 for 2 SSD on B&H.
This one looks like a winner and Newegg has it for the same price. I have some promo GCs from them.

Zip ties or drill new holes for mounting. Maybe both. A cheap dremel knockoff might be handy.
Hmmm, I actually wouldn't be opposed to playing around with it either, but Headpiece's suggestion will be a relatively cheap fall back. I think the MOBO only has two SATA slots left free anyway so I will just find the two highest capacity 2.5''s I have and use those.

bread's done
Back