Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm bored, I've got tomorrow off... I want something fun to play.  NMS has bored the pants off me.  I think I'm going to shelve it and revisit it in a couple of months to see if it's improved.  I've got a ton of games in my library (not as much as some of you).  What games have you actually enjoyed recently?  Either Sandbox or story.  No shooters or RTS.  Maybe RPG?  I've already got enough Seek N Finds. 

I'm bored, I've got tomorrow off... I want something fun to play. NMS has bored the pants off me. I think I'm going to shelve it and revisit it in a couple of months to see if it's improved. I've got a ton of games in my library (not as much as some of you). What games have you actually enjoyed recently? Either Sandbox or story. No shooters or RTS. Maybe RPG? I've already got enough Seek N Finds.
02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite and Witcher 3.  I gotta admit... Elite was fun until you had to travel.. and then it absorbed 90% of your time.  And I couldn't get into Witcher 3... I think I made it maybe to the Griffin?  Thanks for the suggestions though.  I did dabble with the idea of going back to Elite after NMS as well.

I'm bored, I've got tomorrow off... I want something fun to play. NMS has bored the pants off me. I think I'm going to shelve it and revisit it in a couple of months to see if it's improved. I've got a ton of games in my library (not as much as some of you). What games have you actually enjoyed recently? Either Sandbox or story. No shooters or RTS. Maybe RPG? I've already got enough Seek N Finds.
Mount and Blade Warband if you've never played it.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/765918960835452928

Oh boy, another early access open-world survival game

Except this time, it's being co-developed by the guys taking their sweat ass time on Serious Sam 4
found a picture of one of their programmers hard at work

crack-cleavage-2.jpg

well, hope they enjoy using P. Ness's personal information.

I was momentarily worried that DLH was one of the sites where I used my "weak" password.  As it turns out, it's actually a site where I can never remember my password, reset it each time, get a temp password like Wsjg3DFt6 and never change it, thus necessitating a new temp password each time I log in.

Elite and Witcher 3. I gotta admit... Elite was fun until you had to travel.. and then it absorbed 90% of your time. And I couldn't get into Witcher 3... I think I made it maybe to the Griffin? Thanks for the suggestions though. I did dabble with the idea of going back to Elite after NMS as well.
Id work on upgrading or getting a better ship then. Unless you already did that. I personally never really found travel that big of an issue, once you have a good enough drive and fuel capacity you can do short/medium trips of even 15-30 systems or more in a single tank. Pretty sure I went to a system ~12 jumps away for something a few days ago in a couple minutes

Unless your talking about stupid missions. I know they had some of those fetch/return missions and the stations where always out in the middle of nowhere at the furthest station possible. Those are a pain in the ass especially when it takes 15 real minutes to get there, those try your patience

Id work on upgrading or getting a better ship then. Unless you already did that. I personally never really found travel that big of an issue, once you have a good enough drive and fuel capacity you can do short/medium trips of even 15-30 systems or more in a single tank. Pretty sure I went to a system ~12 jumps away for something a few days ago in a couple minutes
As I recall it was mostly in system flights that took forever. I'd go to a jump point kill a bunch of stuff and then fly back to the station to sell. But this was at launch so I'm sure things have changed.

As I recall it was mostly in system flights that took forever. I'd go to a jump point kill a bunch of stuff and then fly back to the station to sell. But this was at launch so I'm sure things have changed.
Ahh yea, that sorta just depends on the system. Most of them usually have some sort of station within a few minutes distance to points of interest

I came here to inform CAG about these wonderful Capcom™ games.

RISE UP with Street Fighter V™ only for the low low price of $35.99 we swear arcade mode is coming in the next.

What's that? You don't like Street Fighter™? 

Then buy the Devil May Cry 4™: Special Edition Demon Hunter Bundle

What's in the special edition you may ask? Everything you would normally play to unlock all unlocked at one low price!

No one on CAG has time to buy play games anyway!

RISE UP™ with Capcom™'s Publisher Weekend Sale!

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/capcom-pub-weekend-2016/

Capcom's has sent out a paycheck of $0.30 to your home address 

Elite and Witcher 3. I gotta admit... Elite was fun until you had to travel.. and then it absorbed 90% of your time. And I couldn't get into Witcher 3... I think I made it maybe to the Griffin? Thanks for the suggestions though. I did dabble with the idea of going back to Elite after NMS as well.
Huh. Well, if you only made it to the griffin, you must have really disliked The Witcher, because that's about five minutes into it. . . .

Hi, my name is elessar123 and I'm a dumbass.
Only a furry would had spot that out right away.

Spoder is officially king of the furries, i'm sorry foxhack he was simply faster then you.

His post was so fast that the server had to delay his post for a minute to catch up.

lol it even says "PC" at the end of the trailer
You shall call him commander furry and treat him as such.

Playing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath...it's pretty underrated, I think. It's a fairly unique take on a stealth/shooter hybrid, the voice acting is pretty annoying in general, and the character you play as sounds like he's short a few brain cells but overall it's worth playing if you haven't 

Playing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath...it's pretty underrated, I think. It's a fairly unique take on a stealth/shooter hybrid, the voice acting is pretty annoying in general, and the character you play as sounds like he's short a few brain cells but overall it's worth playing if you haven't
It's a great game.

The fact that The Stranger sounds like a half wit most of the time is actually explained in universe.
You will find out the reason at the end.

Last edited:
It's a great game.

The fact that The Stranger sounds like a half wit most of the time is actually explained in universe.
You will find out the reason at the end.
The game half-way through really explains a lot of stuff

The first half of the game, I'm like "wtf is this? you're annoying. how is this an oddworld game? this is dumb"

then BAM, now it's great.

I think you (and maybe motoki?) have been recommending this game almost since launch. I think I'll buy it with some gaben bux immediately and play it right away.
Motoki bought it first, I bought it on his recommendation.

It's a fun game. It's also priced fairly at $30 MSRP. It's not a $60 game (dated graphics, a few port quirks, etc) but it's certainly a good $30 game.

Dragon's Dogma is a good game with a great and unqiue combat system for an rpg, but it's definitely flawed. The biggest thing to me is the game world itself is just so soulless and boring and generic looking. It feels like a single player mmo with a great combat system. 30 bucks though is more than a fair msrp, its worth biting at 18 for

Poi from the Humble Monthly is surprisingly enjoyable. I've reached the fourth and final level that is part of the early access so far. The art style probably doesn't leave the best first impression, but the gameplay is responsive and fun. Performance is solid for the most part too, but there was a camera panning sequence that had framedrops. Overall, it was worth the trade on the basis that it was enjoyable and also that I actually ended up playing it instead of letting it sit on my backlog. It's easy to get into so I believe it's worth dusting off the backlog. 

Meh. I would take a minimum of 27 frames, average of 34 at 1080p everything maxed. I'm sure tweaking some options and the newest drivers that will come on release day will get performance closer to 60.

I enjoyed Zero Time Dilemma, but I'd assume if you're a fan of the 999/Zero Escape series, you're already interested.

Steins Gate, not so much.

Hey guys,

Kopanito Soccer, the game we all regretted missing in the summer sale, is 70% off.  I assume to celebrate the online MP that was added on the 17th.  GO GO GO!

Hey guys,

Kopanito Soccer, the game we all regretted missing in the summer sale, is 70% off. I assume to celebrate the online MP that was added on the 17th. GO GO GO!
I'm more surprised they they added "local" and "online" multiplayer categories to store pages. When did this happen? Valve finally got their shit together.

The steam keys for Tales of Symphonia and Zestiria are $8 each on Bamco's website. Anyone play them on PC who can attest to the quality of the ports?

RIP GTX 970 & Nvidia

27-34fps. Seems like you need 1080 to play at 1080 even without AA.
I'm rather amazed at those numbers... Truth be told I'm rather shocked as I'm usually over 60 FPS on The Division (I know, I know, I'm only mentioning it in passing... please forgive) and it just seems to be the type of game that would crush a video card... Open world, large environment (with a long draw rate), details, weather effects galore, and etc. So, yeah, a bit shocked.

(But always glad to see games not being held back in all that.)

The steam keys for Tales of Symphonia and Zestiria are $8 each on Bamco's website. Anyone play them on PC who can attest to the quality of the ports?
ToZ is a very good port if you apply the 60 fps mod. ToS is still a shit port afaik, even with community fixes. ToZ is better than the console versions overall.

I think ToS hasn't had any official patches in a while, though it's rumored there's a patch in testing right now that should come out eventually. I would hold off on ToS, but buy ToZ.

Hey guys,

Kopanito Soccer, the game we all regretted missing in the summer sale, is 70% off. I assume to celebrate the online MP that was added on the 17th. GO GO GO!
This is pretty much word for word what I came here to post. I've been waiting my whole life for this moment!

bread's done
Back