Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I went to a local comic-con this past weekend, it was pretty fun.

I also can't seem to finish games anymore, The Witcher 3 broke me.
Man, tell me about it. It's hard to believe there was a time that I would finish over 90% of the games I played. Even if I didn't care for the game I would still see it through to the end, and I felt like a failure or some kind of asshole if I didn't finish it. It probably wasn't until I was about 24 years old that I finally started giving up on games I didn't like, and these days I only finish a few games per year. And most of those are games I've already played.

And now since I've been exposed to the depravity of this thread I don't even bother starting most games anymore. fuck you guys.

Not that anyone owes me anything but, as a personal favor, if folks could drop the "assburgers" thing I'd appreciate it. I have a son on the autism spectrum and while I'm hopeful for advances in education and social acceptance, I hear stuff like that passing as a joke and it makes me cringe. Not to single out the above posts; I just decided now to say something. Thanks in advance if people feel like doing me the favor; first and last time I'll mention it.

Back to refunds on free dinosaur games, Humble Bundle guesses and how NMS broke everyone's heart.
You know, I try not to joke about it, even though I'm sure I have so for that I apologize.

I'll dead this whole MysterD thing because for whatever reason, it's obvious he doesn't want to address it and at the end of the day it's whatever. MysterD is a good guy. I don't think he has any nefarious or malicious plans to take free games.

I'll just leave it at there's an open invitation for him to join us or even me for a round of Rocket League or any game he wants to play if he ever wants to.

care-bears.gif

You know, I try not to joke about it, even though I'm sure I have so for that I apologize.

I'll dead this whole MysterD thing because for whatever reason, it's obvious he doesn't want to address it and at the end of the day it's whatever. MysterD is a good guy. I don't think he has any nefarious or malicious plans to take free games.

I'll just leave it at there's an open invitation for him to join us or even me for a round of Rocket League or any game he wants to play if he ever wants to.
i disagree, i think years ago mysterd knew rocket league would be released, and began plotting his plan to get it for free. he invented the toaster persona, slowly cultivating trust within the community, knowing it would all be worth it to receive a 20 dollar game for free. finally, it was released, and he knew his waiting had almost paid off. when he saw it in a humble bundle he knew it was just a matter of time before somebody offered him a copy under the contingency that he would have to join a bro-nite event....little did they know his master plan. He knew what he was doing when he accepted that game. He knew it seven years ago when he foresaw the release of rocket league before the developers even knew they were going to develop it. that maniacal toaster

I told him to say he'd join the group if you bought him a Steam game, and I said it worked for me with tebow and there's not much difference between you nerds and him. Looks like my advice paid off. ;)

(not really)

Last edited by a moderator:

+1

Castle of Illusion is apparently being de-listed soon (Sep 2) and is on sale at a few different stores.

Gamesplanet is the cheapest, at £1.49.

Indiegala has it at $2.24 and comes with a free copy of Nail'd.

And finally GamesRepublic, where the discount is the same as indie gala, but you can get 10% off with code REGISTER-10-OFF making it $2.02 and apparently comes with a free Anomaly: Warzone Earth.

Edit: Indiegala is apparently giving glitched keys, I'd go with GamesRepublic if you want it. Gamesplanet is only a penny cheaper for me after currency conversion.
Thanks for the warning. This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Don't know why I waited this long (hopeful of a humble bundle?), but definitely buying if this is the case

Should I be concerned about Ducktales Remastered?

Edit: Not that anybody here needs Anomaly Warzone Earth, but here's the key XKY94-C4ANA-FZ8EH, replace that x with an M

Just took the risk and grabbed Castle of Illusion on Indiegala without a problem. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone wanted Nail'd as well.

Thanks for the warning. This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Don't know why I waited this long (hopeful of a humble bundle?), but definitely buying if this is the case

Should I be concerned about Ducktales Remastered?
I was holding off for a bundle, and also like you, Ducktales Remastered was one of my first thoughts too...

Castle of Illusion is apparently being de-listed soon (Sep 2) and is on sale at a few different stores.

Gamesplanet is the cheapest, at £1.49.

Indiegala has it at $2.24 and comes with a free copy of Nail'd.

And finally GamesRepublic, where the discount is the same as indie gala, but you can get 10% off with code REGISTER-10-OFF making it $2.02 and apparently comes with a free Anomaly: Warzone Earth.

Edit: Indiegala is apparently giving glitched keys, I'd go with GamesRepublic if you want it. Gamesplanet is only a penny cheaper for me after currency conversion.
You can add Humble store to the list.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/castle-of-illusion - $2.24 but you can get a 10% off discount if you pay for monthly bundle, which I assume most of you do.

Up late an bought a mystery bundle, as usual that was a mistake, here are two of the three games i already owned.

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR: QQXVW-LMIV2-RPGT?  ?= Number after 5 but before 7

Time Gentlemen Please and Ben There Dan That Pack: RYW2?-NCRZY-I4P9D   ?= Also the number after 5 but before 7

I'm really trying not to buy Castle of Illusion. I hope it will be today's or tomorrows daily deal on Steam. I know, that I'll buy it anyway, but I would rather use my steambux.

Looks like they're getting rid of battlelog for BF4 from the way the Battlefield 1 client looks.

On the left hand side of the game you have a option to click BF4

Not that anyone owes me anything but, as a personal favor, if folks could drop the "assburgers" thing I'd appreciate it.
Wait, wait, wait... So assburgers is really supposed to be making fun of aspergers? That's not cool man. In my mind I'm picturing:

assburger_tqxh7f71.jpg

Bought Doom 3 BFG from Amazon last night. You can thank me when it's in the $1 tier of a Humble Bethesda Bundle next month.

You can add Humble store to the list.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/castle-of-illusion - $2.24 but you can get a 10% off discount if you pay for monthly bundle, which I assume most of you do.
I bought Castle of Illusion with my Diners Club Card™ in July for about $2.20 accounting for card load and conversion fees. Not much of a sacrifice but I got the ball rolling!

Played a bit of the Battlefield 1 Beta. If you signed up for that Battlefield Insider thing you should have a beta key in your email. Its wide open to all starting tomorrow. Its around a 7-8 GB DL.

Not bad. It's a prettier Battlefield. Knew after Battlefront they'd be using that engine on the next game and its good that they did. I had DX12 on and it seemed to benefit looks wise, but I didnt turn it off so dunno by how much. Tech wise it ran well for me (970, 12 GB RAM, FX-8350). Was over 100 FPS  on Ultra in Rush, but down to about 70 in Conquest.

Gameplay...its just Battlefield. The WW1 era weapons weren't much different from modern other than the fact theres crazy flamethrowers and chemical gas now. I was expecting more like Verdun with bolt action type things but it was all automatic with a bayonet charge added in. 

Two modes/1 map on the beta. Played about 40 minutes. Probably enough. Most likely  wont get on release unless its a big time score in terms of savings, but will pick up at some point regardless to play the campaign unless it hits EA Access first. Not enough of a fan to head to Mexico for it. 

Played a bit of the Battlefield 1 Beta. If you signed up for that Battlefield Insider thing you should have a beta key in your email. Its wide open to all starting tomorrow. Its around a 7-8 GB DL.

Not bad. It's a prettier Battlefield. Knew after Battlefront they'd be using that engine on the next game and its good that they did. I had DX12 on and it seemed to benefit looks wise, but I didnt turn it off so dunno by how much. Tech wise it ran well for me (970, 12 GB RAM, FX-8350). Was over 100 FPS on Ultra in Rush, but down to about 70 in Conquest.

Gameplay...its just Battlefield. The WW1 era weapons weren't much different from modern other than the fact theres crazy flamethrowers and chemical gas now. I was expecting more like Verdun with bolt action type things but it was all automatic with a bayonet charge added in.

Two modes/1 map on the beta. Played about 40 minutes. Probably enough. Most likely wont get on release unless its a big time score in terms of savings, but will pick up at some point regardless to play the campaign unless it hits EA Access first. Not enough of a fan to head to Mexico for it.
Downloading now. Hoping I enjoy it since I'd like to have at least one new MP shooter to play this year and I wasn't particularly impressed with the Titanfall 2 beta. Recently played some BF4 for the first time in awhile and was reminded of the lipstick on a pig expression. BC2 was the last game in the series that I really enjoyed.

If you all think those Disney and Marvel games will remain for sale forever, you're wrong. Everything that has even a little bit of their stuff will get delisted eventually.

Come to think of it, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed has been around since November 2012... And it's got Wreck-It Ralph. I expect it to be removed next November.

Apropos of nothing, I feel bad for that Chrono.gg thread.  Dude just keeps plugging away, every day like clockwork and no one but him ever posts there or has anything to say.

If you all think those Disney and Marvel games will remain for sale forever, you're wrong. Everything that has even a little bit of their stuff will get delisted eventually.

Come to think of it, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed has been around since November 2012... And it's got Wreck-It Ralph. I expect it to be removed next November.
I don't think Disney can take down whole games over that, Sega would probably just have to remove him.

Also, I'm sure the agreements are different when a game just features a character, rather than star the character

I don't think Disney can take down whole games over that, Sega would probably just have to remove him.

Also, I'm sure the agreements are different when a game just features a character, rather than star the character
Sega has delisted games over expired licenses before. Remember the Outrun games? Sega Rally? Super popular, good sellers, and they had to be removed.

I just wish game publishers would learn how to write contracts that keep licenses like that active.

Apropos of nothing, I feel bad for that Chrono.gg thread. Dude just keeps plugging away, every day like clockwork and no one but him ever posts there or has anything to say.
A couple of weeks ago I went through it and their deals history and there was literally one game/deal that I would've bought in the entire history of the site (Jotun at $6.50 which I got cheaper elsewhere). I still haven't. If he got some better games on offer its a great idea, but largely regurgitated bundle crap at shit prices is only going to go so far. For about the past month there hasn't even been at least anything tempting. Maybe some day.

Anyone up for a Battlefield 1 beta night?

31st is open beta
I didnt really look at the matchmaking, but if its anything like Battlefront it will be exceptionally hard to group up in and we'll assuredly be playing with many randoms. I'm not against that part (randoms), but the matchmaking is key. Its using a lot of the same mechanisms as Battlefront and that was a bitch and a half to group up in and we only had like 4 people that night. Its also only 2 modes that have a lot of people playing in, again not a bad thing, but Battlefront at least had smaller modes that we all got slaughtered in anyway.

Its not even something to pitch unless the matchmaking options are there, which seems slim due to the nature of a beta.

I didnt really look at the matchmaking, but if its anything like Battlefront it will be exceptionally hard to group up in and we'll assuredly be playing with many randoms. I'm not against that part (randoms), but the matchmaking is key. Its using a lot of the same mechanisms as Battlefront and that was a bitch and a half to group up in and we only had like 4 people that night.

Its not even something to pitch unless the matchmaking options are there, which seems slim due to the nature of a beta.
I know you can invite people into a group but I've haven't test it past that yet.

Anyone up for a Battlefield 1 beta night?

31st is open beta
SeasonalCAG Resident FPS Snob:

I am playing now because Tom tricked me into downloading before work so I would be down to play and everyone can add me on Origin same name as everwhere: headpiece747 (except playstation bastards sucked up my account a long time and didn't give me it back).

The game is overwhelming massive improvement over...nvm got to get back to the game.

But we all have over 1000 Steam games that we're leasing and all we do is idle them for pennies and then bitch about sales and what shit game is getting removed or revoked by the dev to each other when we don't really care that much. I think we're all somewhere on the autism spectrum here.
I've definitely got some OCD issues, specifically being related to collecting games I'll never play...and "making all DLCs green" (thanks, enhanced steam!) so it "looks good/complete". when I view a game in steam (i h8 u, and ur DLCs, Crusader Kings II !!!!) and I moran shitty Poopiez Pooplight bundles...... so I'm not really one to throw stones....

Also, me likey saying POOP!......

POOP!!!!!

I didnt really look at the matchmaking, but if its anything like Battlefront it will be exceptionally hard to group up in and we'll assuredly be playing with many randoms. I'm not against that part (randoms), but the matchmaking is key. Its using a lot of the same mechanisms as Battlefront and that was a bitch and a half to group up in and we only had like 4 people that night. Its also only 2 modes that have a lot of people playing in, again not a bad thing, but Battlefront at least had smaller modes that we all got slaughtered in anyway.

It still uses battlefield matchmaking, not battlefront. There would be much nerd rage if there was no way to squad up and have a server browser (which i agree with, a game that needs teamwork needs the same 5man squads and team play that has always been there). So there are still 5 man squads, and a full server browser. They've also eliminated battlelog from the previous BF games and now everything is done in game with a pretty slick friends list setup

It looks like they may even back port this to bf4, in the beta there is a bf4 'tab' of sorts in the matchmaking setup thats labled as bf4 and says coming soon

It seems slightly dumbed down from previous battlefields but thats also to be expected due to the setting, of course there arent going to be 200 guns+50 attachments per gun to choose from, but there is still customization available and a fair amount of weapons to unlock. It runs pretty well from what Ive tried so far, 120-130fps on my 1080 but people are reporting ~90 on a 980, guessing ~60-70 on a 970, all these on ultra settings

Random Q! Saints Row IV: GotC Edition for $5 - deal or no deal?
Unless there is a Humble Deepsilver Bundle coming soon (which isn't impossible considering Deepsilver), SR IV: GOTC at that price is fair and about what should be expected from a GOTY.

Get it if you are interested in playing SR now. Its a good game and the price is about as good as it probably will get unless it gets bundled.

Holding out for the real Saints Row 4 Complete (including Gat out of hell) for under $5 here! In no hurry since I still have yet to finish the previous ones...

Gamesplanet sells a bundle that includes Saints Row 4, Gat Out of Hell, and both Metro Redux games that was recently on sale for ~$10, and it's likely to be in some other bundle eventually. Not a terrible deal at $5 if you want to play it this weekend but something better will come along.

That said, I typically throw my money at things before something better comes along, which is why my life is the way it is.

bread's done
Back