Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
They've lost their goddamn mind.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/46886/

Characters at 4 bucks a pop, the story mode is fifteen bucks, or you can buy everything for $40. But this doesn't include the hundreds of dollars in DLC costumes.

It's like Koei Tecmo really has no fucking clue what they're doing.
I cannot speak for the starter pack... but the DLC costumes. *shrug* They are obviously making some serious bank on it as they are rarely on sale and they release them regularly.
It looks like a trap. The free stuff is four (count 'em, four) characters and a few different SP and online modes. I don't know what the deal is with that Mira character but it looks like it says that she's free and "in my account," but in-game it says I'm still supposed to buy her, so . . . .?

I agree with INMATE; it looks like smart marketing on Koei's part because there's a certain class of nerds who can and will pay $60 for a set of costumes. You know who you are and you should be deeply ashamed of yourselves.

PC fighting games are so weird anyway. It seems like Nethersoft's are the only ones that aren't huge cash grabs (the DLC at least comes in season passes that go on sale periodically). I might pony up for the story part of this if it gets a decent sale price during the Xmas sale, but the rest seems like a pretty easy pass, especially after I already got suckered into buying stuff in the F2P Killer Instinct :fridge: .

PC version of DOA doesn't even support boobies, I don't know why anyone would waste so much money on costumes for the shittiest version of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the deal is with that Mira character but it looks like it says that she's free and "in my account," but in-game it says I'm still supposed to buy her, so . . . .?
Try restarting steam? I don't know. She shows up in my game without any issues. Still sucks that you can't play with friends on the PC version. I think they broke online play with the new patch too, it'll search for players but won't find any.

Try restarting steam? I don't know. She shows up in my game without any issues. Still sucks that you can't play with friends on the PC version. I think they broke online play with the new patch too, it'll search for players but won't find any.
Yep, that did the trick.

Yeah, that's pretty lame, but my laptop's Radeon-Fu is not strong enough or my home internet's not fast enough to handle online play in KI or MK X, so I'm probably not missing much.

Beyond Good and Evil might be the new free Uplay game for October.

22f51838f7d677ea7af76022f9357425.png

2435 = the year that Beyond Good and Evil takes place. Kind of disappointing, I think I paid a little over a dollar for a steam copy. Good game otherwise though.

I wouldn't recommend it, it's ranked matches only with no lobbies.
I wouldn't know, I could never get past the information about saving before it blue screens me or just freezes.

(And, actually, the volleyball is rather good (the other stuff is meh) and its really a shame they haven't focused on it more and added some online multiplayer.)
Isn't the game just fan service?

I mean they give you two those boobie mouse-pads for a game that does not even require a mouse.

DQwQ4Mg.png

nzhMuW9.jpg

I leave for a while and what's with all of this Forza Horizon glitch (did that actually pan out for people?) and KB/M or Controller talk? Some things never change I see.  :whee:

On another note, I was super amped to see Humble has Mafia III steam keys available and ready to pre-load before Friday's release. Did anyone else get in on that glitch train? It was so long ago I forgot when it happened.

Played BG&E on PC a couple years ago. Really fun game! It ran well without any hiccups. I hope that long-teased sequel happens someday.

Speaking of PC fighting games, by weird coincidence, the Mortal Kombat XL update dropped today, including the Kombat Pack 2. 

drc8nWf.png

So if you own MK Premium, you can get the Kombat Pack 2 stuff for $8.29 by buying a "pack" containing both Kombat Packs--you get a weird 17% discount over buying it straight from the KP2 store page. 

Here's a list of all the patch updates that you get even if you don't buy a Kombat Pack:

• Parity with console patches up to the 10/4/2016 update:http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Patch-Notes-10-4-16/ba-p/1297392 
• Enhanced net code implemented 
• Resolved blockers that could occur if the user disabled the Steam overlay 
• Resolved issue which was causing sizable FPS drops in certain environments 
• Resolved various cases where wrong resolution was being set 
• Improved Widescreen support 
• Improved DSR support 
• Improved game warning messaging 
• Improved auto-configuration- feature now sets v-sync to variable across all set ups to reduce/remove screen tearing and optimize performance 
• Improved High and Very High Shadow quality 
• Improved black crush 
• Fixed King of the Hill spectator view brightness 
• Fixed various occurrences that led to an incorrect FPS lock 
• Added proper button prompt support for various devices 
• Added tool tips to PC Video options menu 
• Added Borderless Window Mode 
• Removed half-rate adaptive V-sync 
• Removed Frame Smoothing option from PC graphics menu 
• Removed incorrect and duplicated resolutions 
• Fixed various online desyncs 
• Fixed various crashes 

I leave for a while and what's with all of this Forza Horizon glitch (did that actually pan out for people?) and KB/M or Controller talk? Some things never change I see. :whee:
Yes. Probably didn't want to ruin my chances to contact their support, so I wait it out. Actually received another delayed e-mail, but then they sent me the code yesterday. Charged the same amount as the glitch price, though there were some people that got charged the full price after the delay. Lucky me.

On another note, I was super amped to see Humble has Mafia III steam keys available and ready to pre-load before Friday's release. Did anyone else get in on that glitch train? It was so long ago I forgot when it happened.
I'm waiting on Mafia III. Sounds like it's less of a narrative driven game and more open world Saints Row-meets-Ubisoft stuff with neighborhood control, building a gang, etc. Maybe it's swell as an experience but it doesn't sound as though it has more than a tenuous connection to the older games in style (even with the use of Vito).

Speaking of PC fighting games, by weird coincidence, the Mortal Kombat XL update dropped today, including the Kombat Pack 2.

drc8nWf.png

So if you own MK Premium, you can get the Kombat Pack 2 stuff for $8.29 by buying a "pack" containing both Kombat Packs--you get a weird 17% discount over buying it straight from the KP2 store page.

Here's a list of all the patch updates that you get even if you don't buy a Kombat Pack:

• Parity with console patches up to the 10/4/2016 update:http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Patch-Notes-10-4-16/ba-p/1297392
• Enhanced net code implemented
• Resolved blockers that could occur if the user disabled the Steam overlay
• Resolved issue which was causing sizable FPS drops in certain environments
• Resolved various cases where wrong resolution was being set
• Improved Widescreen support
• Improved DSR support
• Improved game warning messaging
• Improved auto-configuration- feature now sets v-sync to variable across all set ups to reduce/remove screen tearing and optimize performance
• Improved High and Very High Shadow quality
• Improved black crush
• Fixed King of the Hill spectator view brightness
• Fixed various occurrences that led to an incorrect FPS lock
• Added proper button prompt support for various devices
• Added tool tips to PC Video options menu
• Added Borderless Window Mode
• Removed half-rate adaptive V-sync
• Removed Frame Smoothing option from PC graphics menu
• Removed incorrect and duplicated resolutions
• Fixed various online desyncs
• Fixed various crashes

Thanks for posting this. Might pickup the KP2 after work.

I know alot of people hate Neatherrealm for dropping support of the PC version (which they very much deserve), but I really glad they came back and fixed it/trying to do right.

Yeah, I was the one who posted about it back in February and I remember you being one of the only other ones who mentioned pre-purchasing it as well. Glad to see they honored the pricing mistake cause I also got my key last Friday and pre-loaded the game.

Midweek madness - Day of the Tentacle Remastered, 50% off ($7.49)

Could be a last minute sacrifice trap for the Hamble monthly.
Nah. They know they would be setting themselves up for a shit ton of refund fees. I expect it monthly'd eventually, this not this month.

Also, Steam Robot Sale. I like when they do these themed sales. Maybe I'll buy that Transformers game Flow was playing where you get ranked SS if you burn a whole bunch of people.

You ever post something and then almost immediately regret it?  Also, yeah - lern to red, dumbass.

Edit.  Spoder explained y Fox and I are the dumbasses.  He went back in time and changed his original post.  Ha Ha!

For those waiting the FH3 update is now up that supposedly fixes the unlocked fps stuttering and graphics issues

Sadly it also fixed some of the bugs with wheelspins that were very beneficial to players

You ever post something and then almost immediately regret it? Also, yeah - lern to red, dumbass.
Morans. I'll explain my joke to you to avoid further embarrassment. I changed my original post to boobies before I posted. That was the whole point of the joke lol. Didn't expect to fool you both!

For those waiting the FH3 update is now up that supposedly fixes the unlocked fps stuttering and graphics issues

Sadly it also fixed some of the bugs with wheelspins that were very beneficial to players
I don't suppose they added the option to change brightness settings, DID THEY???

I could see Oxenfree being in a monthly soon. I traded a copy for SOMA the other day, so I got a good value from it, before a bundle depreciates it.

I could see Oxenfree being in a monthly soon. I traded a copy for SOMA the other day, so I got a good value from it, before a bundle depreciates it.
Yeah I thought the same when I saw your trade post the other day. It's been less than a year and already 75% off. It's also highly rated which makes the sale a bit more unusual..

Smash+Grab beta keys are being revoked. 

I really don't see the point.

I just got that notification, too. Is it normal to get revokes for beta keys? I thought betas typically end but users still have the license, if that makes sense. I have a handful of betas in my licenses and product key activations page, but those betas have long ended.

I think most of us got Smash + Grab from this Alienware giveaway:

Smash+Grab Weekend Beta Key Giveaway

Only 8745 keys left!

Get your key before they run out!

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/smash-grab-weekend-beta-giveaway

xF2s5RB.png

Poor devs have to revoke demos now too lol.

I just got that notification, too. Is it normal to get revokes for beta keys? I thought betas typically end but users still have the license, if that makes sense. I have a handful of betas in my licenses and product key activations page, but those betas have long ended.

I think most of us got Smash + Grab from this Alienware giveaway:

Sweet, mine got revoked too. Now I don't feel left out
What happened? Mine is still there, for now.

Just got my new monitor (gotta love Prime). It is a thing of beauty.  I know people joke that so few games support 21:9, but guess what game does?  Homefront: The Revolution!  Yep, that's all I need.  I have 31 hours into that game.  Maybe I should replay it in Ultrawide.  Is that a thing now?  

No, it's not a thing. I may bite on the game at some point between the positive commentary from you and Syntax on the game and Ultrawide support though. Also, I know you love ARPGs so you will be happy to know Grim Dawn looks great 21:9.

I don't own Beyond Good & Evil so I win.

Not that I'll ever play it.
It's a great game. Highly recommend it.

EDIT:

Beyond Good and Evil might be the new free Uplay game for October.

22f51838f7d677ea7af76022f9357425.png

2435 = the year that Beyond Good and Evil takes place. Kind of disappointing, I think I paid a little over a dollar for a steam copy. Good game otherwise though.
Awesome. I have this on Steam already; bought it A LONG time ago when it was $5.

Will be glad to add it to UPLAY also.

Now, where the hell's BG+E2?

No, it's not a thing. I may bite on the game at some point between the positive commentary from you and Syntax on the game and Ultrawide support though. Also, I know you love ARPGs so you will be happy to know Grim Dawn looks great 21:9.
We should totally make it a thing and shame people with regular monitors.

Also, I actually started Grim Dawn. Got to the graveyard and got killed by some super zombie, but I was enjoying the setting more than usual. Now with ultrawide there can be a lot more crap on screen to confuse me.

bread's done
Back