Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've played The Ship a couple of times, but didn't like the social aspect of it and the matchmaking kind of sucked. maybe the new version fixed the issues with the matchmaking but I preferred how Bloody Good Time stripped it down. I think overall BGT is a better game, but I'll have to play The Ship Remasted sometime to see what it's like.

The Ship is probably better if you're really into the social aspect and have a good group to play with, but that isn't my thing.
Sounds like a personal choice.

I like the social because I think it has to keep you on your toes. You need to kill your target, but you also gotta make sure you don't die for starving or something.

I understand that can make the game slower though, I did always play it with a group of friends that kept it entertaining.

I have 50 hours on The Ship btw

Finished-up Hotline Miami 2.

Wrote a long-winded MysterD Review about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/274170/

TL;DR:

Great follow-up to the original, despite a few minor flaws.

Lacks the freshness of the original & can be much more difficult (even early on - especially more so later on)...

...Even despite this one being much more varied, bigger, & grander in scale.

EDIT:

Long-winded review, requested by AgentGhost:

MysterD's Verdict:
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...only after you play Hotline Miami 1.

THE REVIEW:
Hotline Miami is one of the most memorable Independent games in recent memory + actually ever developed - loaded with a thrilling soundtrack, old-school style of gameplay (with its diffuculty) + visuals; an absolutely insane story; action galore; & tons of violence. Hotline Miami 2 is the action-packed, top-down action-packed shooter/steatlh game, which follows this up with more of the same, for the most part - and then some. 

HLM2 feels much bigger (took me around 21.2 hours in my first playthrough, BTW); much more sprawling; much more ambitious; & much more epic of an endeavor. While the original game was quite difficult at times, HLM2 definitely ups the ante here in difficulty much quicker & expands on the original game in many ways. In some ways, HLM2 is a much better game - but in some "ways", it's just not. Those few "ways" shouldn't stop fans from playing, though - Hotline Miami 2 is a great sequel.

HLM1 mostly had you play as Jacket & Biker, two characters who were getting mysterious phone calls from somebody to basically go off + kill certain people & groups. HLM2 serves as both a prequel + sequel to the game, as well as filling in much more explanation as to some of the things left vague, ambiguous and/or unexplained from the original. HLM2 doesn't tell these events in order + the story does jump around quite a bit, as you will be playing as numerous different characters from numerous different groups and/or agendas to give this whole crazy story a much-much larger picture. 

HLM2 experiments here with often much bigger, wider, & more open-spaces for levels. Levels, in general, are much more varied in locations + the actual sceney in the game. You won't always be wearing a mask, as you will not always be a serial killer here. Sometimes, you might have a group of characters you're with. Instead of selecting a mask, you might be given the option to select from one of a few different members from a certain group; or go into a level with two members from a group. You might even have to in one level be forced to be all the different members in the group, at different parts of the level. You might not even be allowed to use weapons in a level. 

This is just a start of the experimentation in HLM2. You might be forced with a certain weapon throughout the entire level + find ammo within the level. Some characters even have their own special skills (like rolling/dodging or you control two characters at one time where you have the option to shoot as one or melee as the other). HLM2 varies so much in its gameplay, style & scenery - that it's easily the much more ambitious title of the two games. 

One-shot kills is the name of all the HLM games, as in if you take one shot, you're dead + you will have to redo the entire floor you're on. If you finish a floor, you can go to the next + death results in you restarting your current floor. Finish an act, and you move onto the next. You will be scored + graded on how many combos + quick kills you make, which will make the game replayable for those who want to replay the game and/or its levels/chapters. 

I played with mostly the XBox Controller here, BTW - and it played absolutely fine, for the most part. Locking onto enemies worked fine + firing away was absolute bliss + often a rush in adrenaline, when you get into big shootouts. When playing stealthy - which you can + should do when necessary, BTW - it can be very satisfying to take enemies down strategically, thanks to the game's overhead/top-down viewpoint. 

Not everything is paradise-like here, for the gameplay. Sometimes, locking on didn't lock onto the enemy I wanted + sometimes b/c levels are so massive & open in size + space, you might get killed from an enemy way off-screen cheaply & have to redo the entire floor. Frustration that can arise b/c of the game's difficulty can set in, but there's the other hand here that when finishing a level, especially some of the later levels, it can be extremely satisfying once you finally take care of business.

Just like the original game, the soundtrack here is absolutely amazing. Pulse-pounding electronic beats will fill your eardums + often get you into the action, with an overdosage of caffeine that can absolutely get your adrenaline going, perfectly going right along with the intense action. It is nothing but sonic + musical bliss here, with tracks from the likes of MOON, Megadrive, El Tigr3, Scattle, Perturbator, El Huervo & the even more extensive list of musicians that contribute to this tour de force of a soundtrack.

If HLM2 isn't enough on its own, with this game also having a Toolset + being on Steam Workshop - there is likely more HLM2 for the player to experience, even if its not from the game's developers, to actually keep them going. That, or one can build their own HLM2 levels, if they so desire. 

Hotline Miami 2 is much more difficult - especially early on even + it really ramps up even more later on, too - and the story pretty much requires knowledge of the original, as this game serves as both a prequel + sequel to the original. If the player can get past these minor hurdles & actually sink their teeth into this game, they're in for much more ambitious sequel here + a real treat here, to say the very least. 

Hotline Miami 2 is a great game, even despite its very few flaws. While it might not have the freshness + "new-ness" of the original here, it does try to out-do it in many ways. Not only that, but the amount of variety in scenery + gameplay is excellent, especially when compared to the original. It succeeds in some ways, doesn't in others. But, the failures here are absolutely very minor here - and that just shouldn't stop you from playing this game, if you've already played the original. Hotline Miami 2, even despite its very few flaws, is a very ambitious follow-up & succeeds in most fronts, making it a very easy to recommend to fans of the original masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a personal choice.

I like the social because I think it has to keep you on your toes. You need to kill your target, but you also gotta make sure you don't die for starving or something.

I understand that can make the game slower though, I did always play it with a group of friends that kept it entertaining.

I have 50 hours on The Ship btw
You still have to eat and poop and sleep in BGT.

TL;DR:

Lacks the freshness of the original & can be much more difficult (even early on - especially more so later on)...
Cool a review for a game that came out almost 2 years ago.

TL;DR:

you mind putting your review here? for some reason I can't open that link

Who buys games on release these days?
SeasonalCAG Summoned by Mooby:

Just beat Gears of War 4 on insane difficulty and felt like a Danny Glover meme, "I'm Getting Too Old For This Shit". If you are going to get this game save yourself the headache and play on Normal. Overall nice game if you like the previous Gears if you didn't this won't change your mind. No glitches or crashes ingame (besides the Win10 update that made me delete the whole fucking 80GB file to make it update). It gets my fakeybro stamp of approval and if MS has a Black Friday on the digital store again like last year I would say pick it up just for being a good PC port overall.

No one on my Xbox friends list has this achievement yet but still not worth the frustration:

knioOhQ.jpg

Oh, hey, guys... does anyone know where to find this on sale or something? Because I'm totally staying on topic  :whistle2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_qNFjJn3No​

TL;DR:

I fakeyed it and I agree; good just not as great as the first. I still platinumed both on PS, though. Some of the trophies, like getting A+ on all levels, were quite the challenge.

I fakeyed it and I agree; good just not as great as the first. I still platinumed both on PS, though. Some of the trophies, like getting A+ on all levels, were quite the challenge.
The original is pretty much close to perfection. It never really ever overstayed its welcome + you got out of the game feeling like, "I wish there were more levels."

HLM2 tries to do A LOT more than the original - and that's kind of where it falters a bit b/c it's trying to do a lot more. Not much on its faltering, though. Despite being much more varied in lots of ways, it just lacks a lot of the freshness that the original game had going on.

Also, HLM2 feels like its quite a bit longer than the original, as well. This wasn't a bad thing for me - but for others, it might be best to split the game-up in two, gameplay-wise. Story-wise, won't help to split it in half to play half now and another half later - b/c of the way it jumps around w/ the story.

I'm sure some fans will appreciate its ramped-up difficulty from it doing this not too long after the start of the game + how really difficult it gets later on, though. Some, though - might not be so happy about this; as the game can be very frustrating + difficult, at times. Regardless, anytime you finish a level in this game - b/c it can be quite tough, that can be very rewarding (i.e. the same type of rewarding feeling players can get from finishing a level + boss in Dark Souls). Some of the levels, such as Casualties, are down-right brutally tough.

Anyone thinking of starting with HLM2 should stop themselves and just start w/ HLM1. HLM1 is much easier and HLM2 assumes you know you're way around the HLM1 story - since HLM2 acts both a prequel + sequel; and HLM2's events are not even told in order here purposely.

So I ended up getting to look at the physical copy of The Division last night (The other day a guy on the forums needed someone to buy two physical copies of the Division for him from Amazon and send the codes his way) and I must admit I was rather surprised when I opened the case and found 5 DVDs inside. (Along with the uplay code.) 

So I guess Ubisoft still does physical media the right way...?

Wastefully? Pretty sure the patched version of the game only bears a passing resemblance to the disc version.
Oh, the way games are shipped now I'm sure the day one version of the game only bears a passing resemblance... As I said, I was shocked... confused too but a few people had talked about this recently so I figured I would pass it along.

The real question is, could you install from the 5 dvds, only to then have uplay download patches as large or larger than what you just installed via dvd?

I'm not bothering to read the thread to see if anyone had an answer for this, but is anyone else unable to idle The Admin? Says I purchased the game on 11/24/2015, but hours aren't registering for the card drops.

I'm not bothering to read the thread to see if anyone had an answer for this, but is anyone else unable to idle The Admin? Says I purchased the game on 11/24/2015, but hours aren't registering for the card drops.
The game isn't released yet so you can't get cards. For some reason it's listed as live on the badge page but I think that's an error. It's what causes ASF/Idle Master to idle it.

You should blacklist it for now until the game gets released

I hate lazy morans like you. If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd see Spoder had already answered your question right below your post.

The game isn't released yet so you can't get cards. For some reason it's listed as live on the badge page but I think that's an error. It's what causes ASF/Idle Master to idle it.

You should blacklist it for now until the game gets released
Thanks, it's been going for a few days now. Devs are morans, going to leave a bad review when I can.

So I ended up getting to look at the physical copy of The Division last night (The other day a guy on the forums needed someone to buy two physical copies of the Division for him from Amazon and send the codes his way) and I must admit I was rather surprised when I opened the case and found 5 DVDs inside. (Along with the uplay code.)

So I guess Ubisoft still does physical media the right way...?
Bleh! Who the hell wants to switch b/t 5 DVD's upon installing the damn thing?

As long as one has fast Internet speeds + service, it'll just be much easier just to take the Uplay key + download the game directly from Uplay.

Bleh! Who the hell wants to switch b/t 5 DVD's upon installing the damn thing?

As long as one has fast Internet speeds + service, it'll just be much easier just to take the Uplay key + download the game directly from Uplay.
Maybe someone who has a service provider with a crappy data cap? I'm pretty sure they still exist.

Is it wrong for me to want the Cubs to get up 3 games to none in the World Series, and be up by 5 runs in the ninth inning in game 4, only to blow the series in spectacular fashion?

OMG RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 COMMERCIAL DURING TALKING DEAD WAS AWESOME! IT IS GOING TO HAVE COWBOYS AND GUNS AND HORSES!
Saw the commercial during the Sunday Night NFL game... I guess its going to sale well enough to justify it but its a tad freaking ridiculous to have commercials on TV for a game that might not ship till 2018.

Also ridiculous... Football games ending in a tie.

bread's done
Back