Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Played some more Dead by Daylight tonight with the bros, lost a lot of matches cuz apparently we like Haddonfield too much for our own good. Weiler pissed off a random survivor and wouldn't let a very generous killer drop him off at an escape hatch. If it were a horror movie, Weiler would be the first to die.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering an ultrawide myself right now, I just don't know which to go with between the Dell and the LG. Or even just going with a standard 27" widescreen.
I guess it depends on a lot of stuff. You have a chance to go look at the ultrawides before you decide? The Dell is back up to $280, but I assume will drop again on BF.

The LG says it is 5 m/s response time and 75hz so it has that over the Dell. I also assume the LG is going to be glossier than the Dell if that's a consideration.

I really do like the extra horizontal space on the ultrawide and it's really awesome for racing games and any other games with big open worlds that support it. I don't use the split screen features on it, but that's a consideration too.

Played some more Dead by Daylight tonight with the bros, lost a lot of matches cuz apparently we like Haddonfield too much for our own good. Weiler pissed off a random survivor and wouldn't let a very generous killer drop him off at an escape hatch. If it were a horror movie, Weiler would be the first to die.

image.png
What level is your Meg? Or whatever char you were leveling up?

I bought the 29in Dell ultrawide. Beautiful monitor, but gave it to the wife because I want the 34inch. Just waiting for the right sale. Believe the hype though. Ultrawides are awesome.

Anybody going for ESO during the sale? I know rcsample was asking about this last week but I never saw any responses. I'm tempted to snag it at this price, but the timing isn't great for me. I wonder whether they'll repeat this during the Christmas sale. 

Anybody going for ESO during the sale? I know rcsample was asking about this last week but I never saw any responses. I'm tempted to snag it at this price, but the timing isn't great for me. I wonder whether they'll repeat this during the Christmas sale.
I snagged it....IT SUCKS!!!!!....IT JUST SITS THERE IN MY BACKLOG MOCKING ME!!!!! WTF BETHESDA!!?!?!?!?!?

I played ESO during the beta.  It was pretty much like playing Skyrim, only with random people bouncing off the walls of the cave you were exploring or spamming Fire Bolts at the NPC you were talking to the whole time.

I played ESO during the beta. It was pretty much like playing Skyrim, only with random people bouncing off the walls of the cave you were exploring or spamming Fire Bolts at the NPC you were talking to the whole time.
I heard it's been improved.....it looks better in my backlog than it did in the Beta.....so yeah....

I played ESO during the beta. It was pretty much like playing Skyrim, only with random people bouncing off the walls of the cave you were exploring or spamming Fire Bolts at the NPC you were talking to the whole time.
It looks a lot like that now, really. I spent about an hour tooling around in it Sunday morning (after two attempts to download it last week--that was a farce) and it seems very similar to playing Skyrim with the added annoyance of other humans. I would probably play the main story of the game if I bought it, but I'm not sure when, so I'm torn between backlogging it like rc or just letting it ride and seeing when they put it on sale again. I'm leaning toward the latter at this point because it's a tight money week for me and I haven't started Blood and Wine or any of the Dragon Age Inquisition DLCs yet. I have a limit to the number of giant RPGs I can have sitting on hard drives unplayed.

image.png
LOL, one of the few times i survive a map and get cussed out by a random

BLACKFRIDAY11 code for Bundlestars.

It seems it works on bundles and it's a 11% off extra.
Tremendous, fantastic. Used this to grab the CATastrophe bundle. I've been wanting to grab that for a while and now I've finally grabbed it and let me tell you ... it feels good to finally grab it.

Wait a minute ... what's so funny? Why is everyone sniggering? What's the joke?!?

Mor

Tremendous, fantastic. Used this to grab the CATastrophe bundle. I've been wanting to grab that for a while and now I've finally grabbed it and let me tell you ... it feels good to finally grab it.

Wait a minute ... what's so funny? Why is everyone sniggering? What's the joke?!?
More like groaning.

The funniest thing about this BF so far is watching all the consolebros using 10% savings to justify buying a PS4 Pro. 

Consolebros:  PC gaming is too expensive, you have to constantly upgrade parts.  

Consolebros:  I will happily rebuy the same console I already own for those few upgraded parts!  

The funniest thing about this BF so far is watching all the consolebros using 10% savings to justify buying a PS4 Pro.

Consolebros: PC gaming is too expensive, you have to constantly upgrade parts.

Consolebros: I will happily rebuy the same console I already own for those few upgraded parts!
But you can trade the old console in for a new one! Can't take my $600 x 2 (cuz SLI) cards I bought three yards ago to GameStop!

Just a fyi, If you try to go on greenmangaming right now it will load but you will be unable to login. Don't waste your time, you will always get a either get a "Sorry, we're having a little problem" error from the site or a error from cloudflare. I'm hoping the site is fixed soon but this isn't the first time they've had downtime during sales.

Edit: looks like the whole site is down now. Wonderful.

Just a fyi, If you try to go on greenmangaming right now it will load but you will be unable to login. Don't waste your time, you will always get a either get a "Sorry, we're having a little problem" error from the site or a error from cloudflare. I'm hoping the site is fixed soon but this isn't the first time they've had downtime during sales.

It's back: Black Friday Sale

I've been looking for a bit at going over 1080p, since getting the 970. 1080p60fps isn't a challenge here; most games are on either High to Ultra with 60FPS on the 970.

I've been looking at 1440p monitors for a bit, but lately seen these 4K's go to similar pricing since of late (i.e. the Acer 25'' that was $200 at Costco recently + now the Samsung 28'' 4K at $250).

The plan is: if something ain't running well for me at 4K, then just downscale to something below 4K - i.e. 1440p, 1200p, or 1080p. If need be, crank up AA a bit to diminish the "blurriness in the distance" factor.

This Samsung 28'' 4K 1ms certainly has to be better than what the hell I have (HP 23'' 2311x TN-panel with 5ms RT).
I attempted to run 970GTX on 4k DSC and it was a bit underwhelmed in term of quality for Shadow of Mordor for my 1080P LED

Consolebros: I will happily rebuy the same console I already own for those few upgraded parts!
BUT MY 4k GAMING upscaled!

This generation of consoles is really disappointing, if Halo and most fighters were not on consoles I wouldn't had bought either console.

Don't get me started on the Wii U, that was the first and last time I ever buy a console at launch.

I'm already debating if I should sell off my Xbox One with Tekken 7 and Dead Rising 4 coming to pc.

the new $250 Xbox One S (plus a $40 Target gift card bonus) is incredible value for the price.  It's a 4K UHD movie player.

It looks a lot like that now, really. I spent about an hour tooling around in it Sunday morning (after two attempts to download it last week--that was a farce) and it seems very similar to playing Skyrim with the added annoyance of other humans. I would probably play the main story of the game if I bought it, but I'm not sure when, so I'm torn between backlogging it like rc or just letting it ride and seeing when they put it on sale again. I'm leaning toward the latter at this point because it's a tight money week for me and I haven't started Blood and Wine or any of the Dragon Age Inquisition DLCs yet. I have a limit to the number of giant RPGs I can have sitting on hard drives unplayed.
I wasn't thrilled w/ the ESO Beta or even during Free Weekend they had a bit back.

At least your usual Bethesda offline RPG-games at least here & there have some interesting quests, storylines/plot, and plot-twists in some quests + quest-lines. ESO felt like most quests in my first 10 hours of gameplay took every damn RPG cliche and used it; predictable as hell + boring as can be.

Also, ESO took Bethesda RPG's best components - i.e. playing offline and the greatness of having mods at your disposal - and basically threw them out the window. Instead, you got online play w/ other players; yeah, not a good trade-off. ES games had something special w/ what it had going on w/ basically being a humongous offline single-player RPG, yet ESO felt like they just turned into a generic + typical MMO.

ESO's combat is a bit different, as it feels like a weird mix b/t typical MMO combat where you & the clunky typical ES combat. It wasn't sure if it wanted to have typical MMO combat or typical clunky ES combat.

You have certain skills per class + hotkeys when in combat that activate your skill on ESO. In Morrowind + Oblivion, you could pick a class or pick whatever special attributes to major+minor in; or you could use the Toolkit to create New Classes. Skyrim ditched the class system entirely; learn what you want.

I dunno, but...ESO did NOT impress me at all. Meh.

I guess their servers couldn't handle all 3 people trying to get Fallout 4 for 40% off.

Well what I saw of GMG's sale before the site crashed again there wasn't anything special, new Deus Ex at potentially 40% off was about the only temptation but probably should wait out til it's cheaper in a year or so (considering still have GTA 5, Fallout 4, Hitman and some AAA backlog to work through). 

Not sure if anyone cares, but it looks like Origin now lets you gift games to friends.

I checked it out and the only games it seems to let me gift are EA games - Steamworks and DRM free games don't seem to have that option available.

Not sure if anyone cares, but it looks like Origin now lets you gift games to friends.

I checked it out and the only games it seems to let me gift are EA games - Steamworks and DRM free games don't seem to have that option available.
You can also make a wishlist. I already added Origin's entire 7 game catalog to mine.

WinGameStore has it's fall sale going on as well, looks like mostly bundle trash and games with recently released sequels (e.g. Train Fever is 90% off).

http://www.wingamestore.com/listing/Specials/

If you want to see what's around historical lows (it doesn't work 100% properly but good enough). 

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:wingamestore,&historylow

And some Canadian site has This is the Police for 34% off with a 10% off coupon:

https://www.imperialgames.com/en/1025/40092

code: ISTHERE10 (no idea if it has limitations or if you can use it on whatever)

Oh and Amazon (and Newegg) have a $40 red switch mechanical keyboard (Gamdias Hermes Lite), come with a mouse too but meh. Give it a couple days and can say if it's any good or not, reviews all were pretty decent so took the jump.

Oh and Amazon (and Newegg) have a $40 red switch mechanical keyboard (Gamdias Hermes Lite), come with a mouse too but meh. Give it a couple days and can say if it's any good or not, reviews all were pretty decent so took the jump.
I saw that one, but the red lighting clashes with my color scheme. Let me know if it's good and how loud it is.

Newegg started their Black Friday sale today. Not sure if anything good is in there.

bread's done
Back