Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Honestly don't know if I'd buy Civ 6 even for $16.  At this point there's so little difference between sequels it's $10 or bust for me.

When I try to load up the page on mobile it just loads a site without any info about the game or add to cart or anything. Son of a gun I want Civ!

Problem with new Civ games while the base game is great, one would definitely want to wait for additional DLC/expansions and the enviable GOTY version for cheap
This. After experiences with buying civ5 multiple times over, I won't bother with their "deluxe/gold" etc. editions since they'll always end up missing yet another expansion that will have rare/weak discounts compared to the next iteration of "complete". Gotta wait for that final GOTY version when everything's done (i.e. them announcing civ7).

This. After experiences with buying civ5 multiple times over, I won't bother with their "deluxe/gold" etc. editions since they'll always end up missing yet another expansion that will have rare/weak discounts compared to the next iteration of "complete". Gotta wait for that final GOTY version when everything's done (i.e. them announcing civ7).
Well, now Steam offers way to only pay for missing parts. CiV V is one of few games using it. Hopefully VI eventually too :)

Speaking of DLC, have they announce what DLC is in Deluxe edition?

Honestly I feel the site is about as Kosher as a Ham sandwich but that is why Paypal and credit cards exit. FWIW I have bought from them before without an issue.
It looks like I have as well, but it doesn't look like I will buy from them today. Sometimes it shows up in my baskets other times not, sometimes it looks like I am logged in, other times not, etc.

Looked at my account history... bought a total of two things from Steam this year: Dead Rising 3 last holiday sale and Hand of Fate DLC.  Three things if you count the two games I traded with Pred for a discounted Fallout 4.  Two bundles I bought myself (Mad Max monthly and $1 epic Sacred 3), and a couple of keys from CAG peeps (thanks, bros).  Will probably end up buying Dragon's Dogma monthly even though I'm not too wild about the game... gotta take something away from this 'sale' period.

Well, now Steam offers way to only pay for missing parts. CiV V is one of few games using it. Hopefully VI eventually too :)

Speaking of DLC, have they announce what DLC is in Deluxe edition?
This. I imagine bundles will save us here.

Besides, they seem to be going their usual Game + Season Pass route for this. I imagine it'll be a while before we see any content outside the Season Pass.

Deluxe includes soundtrack (good choice for weirdos like me), and 4 DLCs "that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders"

Game's only a month old too, it'll be fun to enjoy the patches/content as it comes out for once (in theory).

One popped up on amazon warehouse deals for $196 and I immediately jumped. I currently have a 1440/144hz Dell g sync but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

FWIW I have a 1080 Strix, so while I know I can't max everything on ultra at 60fps I should be able to tweak a few things and get close. If nothing else, I'll have a 4K monitor for the future when things start to advance more. Heck of a price. I think I paid that for my first 27" 1080 IPS monitor just a year ago!
Awesome @ having a 1080 Strix. Hope all goes well enough to suit you at 4K. You'll certainly fend way better than I will on most games at 4K w/ both performance + settings, rocking an awesome 1080 card.

I'd certainly be curious to hear your thoughts on the actual panels themselves of 28'' Samsung TN vs. 27'' 1080 IPS, since most people prefer IPS as a screen. I never have had a IPS screen, BTW.

Really frustrated about Dark Souls 3.  It's $20 on both consoles, but not even close on PC.  It's still $60 MSRP, even.  What gives? 

Has anyone actually been successful on the Civ VI thing? I have multiple browsers over multiple boxes and IPs and still cant get through.

Awesome @ having a 1080 Strix. Hope all goes well enough to suit you at 4K. You'll certainly fend way better than I will on most games at 4K w/ both performance + settings, rocking an awesome 1080 card.

I'd certainly be curious to hear your thoughts on the actual panels themselves of 28'' Samsung TN vs. 27'' 1080 IPS, since most people prefer IPS as a screen. I never have had a IPS screen, BTW.
What monitor are you guys talking about ?

Samsung U28E590D 28'' 4K TN-panel w/ 1ms Response Time + 60hz refresh (when used with the included DisplayPort cable):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ue590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?skuId=5484022

It was $250 this past Sunday on Amazon (they pre-matched BB's Black Friday price); and is also currently the same price at Best Buy.
Thanks. Looks pretty nice.

I guess the only thing is that I have a nvidia card ... I also currently have the Dell 1440 with G Sync. I wonder if the 4K would be worth the jump. I am rocking a 1080.

I'm wondering if I should just hook my Pc up to my OLED ... but the input lag is less than ideal

Ordered DA:I from Game but been waiting over an hour now and still no code yet. Interesting to see if I get it or not. I already had Digital Deluxe but the price for the DLC alone was worth it. 

Its still up for sale as of this hour, but the wait time seems long although others have reported similar waits on other sites.

Thanks. Looks pretty nice.

I guess the only thing is that I have a nvidia card ... I also currently have the Dell 1440 with G Sync. I wonder if the 4K would be worth the jump. I am rocking a 1080.

I'm wondering if I should just hook my Pc up to my OLED ... but the input lag is less than ideal
What would be the point of going from 1440 to 4K? For better picture? If that's the case get an IPS

Went ahead and grabbed the rest of the Temple of Osiris DLC since it finally went on sale for a decent enough price.

I recommend grabbing that through the EIDOS Anthology bundle if you're like me and that's all you're missing.

Really frustrated about Dark Souls 3. It's $20 on both consoles, but not even close on PC. It's still $60 MSRP, even. What gives?
Bamco has always been annoyingly cheap in regards to Dark Souls on PC.

See: Dark Souls 2 and the DX9 vs DX11 debacle.

If you must get a Bamco game, I'd recommend this one instead. :bouncy:

Keep in mind however, there's a big expansion coming for it at the beginning of the year, and I'm not sure how that'll affect pricing (complete edition vs game + season pass, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dark Souls 3 I'm assuming it's the physical console versions?  Gotta move inventory.  Digital downloads don't take up space.  But, yeah, I find it odd it's not getting at least a 50% off discount since they've already come out with the DLC.

Ordered DA:I from Game but been waiting over an hour now and still no code yet. Interesting to see if I get it or not. I already had Digital Deluxe but the price for the DLC alone was worth it.

Its still up for sale as of this hour, but the wait time seems long although others have reported similar waits on other sites.
Just ordered this for the DLC's.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Let's see what happens.

Just ordered this for the DLC's.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Let's see what happens.
I just got my key. Took 1 hr and 45 mins from time of order. It creates a new entry in Origin, so the old version is redundant and doesnt add the DLC to that version like Steam games do.

Quick question for you guys.. The season pass for the Division is on sale through steam. I do not have the base game on steam, only on Uplay. If I buy the season pass on steam would I be able to use it?

Quick question for you guys.. The season pass for the Division is on sale through steam. I do not have the base game on steam, only on Uplay. If I buy the season pass on steam would I be able to use it?
Nope.

They're not interchangeable. You need the uPlay version of the pass. Steam won't even let you add the pass to your account without owning the base game on Steam.

I just got my key. Took 1 hr and 45 mins from time of order. It creates a new entry in Origin, so the old version is redundant and doesnt add the DLC to that version like Steam games do.
Congrats on actually getting a key! :)

Thanks for the info on it actually adding a new entry to Origin. Good to know.

EDIT - 10:21pm EST:

Key just showed-up. Awesome.

EDIT:

Interesting enough, it's just downloading the DLC's that I'm missing here.

Its not grey market, its more like GMG where its not official, but not scammy. Ive got a few things from there, never a problem.

This glitch has killed the site though. Its probably not even worth trying for at this point.
Sounds good with me, long as it isn't scaming or anything or risk of losing my game

I just GOT finish making my account, still refreshing till I get to purchase the game.

Battlefield 1 is $30 from Best Buy, but they mail you the card with the digital code because that's retail for ya.

I think Fox was looking for it for $27 from Walmart but they didn't put PC edition on sale.

He ordered it from them last night I believe.
Yeah, I ended up staying up until 3 to see if Amazon was going to put it at that price, but they didn't so I ordered it from Best Buy. Thanks for thinking of me though ;)

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Just got back myself. See I missed some deals on DA:I and Civ 6, but not interested in either so looks like I'm good.

bread's done
Back