Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In more actual game playing news, I put about an hour into Watch Dogs 2. Looks good. Plays decent. Not far enough into it to judge it on any sort of merit but first impressions are strong. It does not have the same problems the first game did at launch thankfully. The last screenie is from the first mission in the open world. Yes, its go buy a pair of pants. Oh and the main character is a lot more interesting than that Aidan bitch from the first game.

zXy6O2U.jpg

biNS5FU.jpg

1P0kXci.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly burnt out on open world action games.  A lot of them play too similarly now but if they're glitching at $5 I'm all for it.

In more actual game playing news, I put about an hour into Watch Dogs 2. Looks good. Plays decent. Not far enough into it to judge it on any sort of merit but first impressions are strong. It does not have the same problems the first game did at launch thankfully. The last screenie is from the first mission in the open world. Yes, its go buy a pair of pants. Oh and the main character is a lot more interesting than that Aidan bitch from the first game.
I agree. I've played Watch Dogs 2 for a good 5-6 hours and I can already say it's exponentially better than the original. The game has a more colorful approach with a better personality/mood than the original, and is all the better for it in my opinion. Better characters, enjoyable side quests, well timed humor, and a decent story so far. It's a fun open world game.

The addition of the RC Jumper and Drone kind of add a Batman type element to Watch Dogs 2. Making you use them to reach certain access points and initiate hacks or solve hack puzzles. Instead of like in the first game where you could only use city cameras to access certain vantage points.

Vag screen shot or I don't believe you... (Honestly, not even sure how/why it was in there... Unless there some sort of strip club in the game and that model does double duty.)

It's not just that. Rainbow Six Siege and Division DLC also go on sale way more on Steam than directly on Uplay.
Yup! I don't buy anything on uplay... and its not ah eeeew uplay thing. I can get their games cheaper on steam (more sales and none of their games ever seem to be region restricted to a extreme level) and have them all in one place. (Example: they are giving away AC3 on the 7th but the season pass is 30 bucks still to this day and who knows when ubisoft is going to have it on sale... While the whole game cost me 13 bucks on Steam.)

Anyhow, continuing the Ubisoft talk I finally got around to trying Survival Mode in the Division. As someone who has no real love for survival games I thought it was rather solid. I went in without a group as I figured I should experience it the way it was meant to be played and I could tell I was behind the curve as I found allot of empty stashes and whatnot but I got geared up and got into the DZ on my own... And from there I quickly teamed up with another player. I did allot of stuff wrong and I'm sure I wouldn't have survived without him helping to speed stuff along.

My loot was shit... but I did see two new weapons I hadn't seen before so that was sort of cool.

Note: Survival can be played in PvP or PvE only. I chose the PvE option but PvP gives a bonus to scoring (and bonus caches from having a higher score) so there is a reason to run it other than just killing people. I suspect in time the PvE option will sort of die off but I suspect the player base that likes PvP will like survival.

Second Note: There is currently 12,319 playing the Division right now... Which would be the most people playing it since July. Its peak of 24K the other day breaks the beak from back in May with only April and March having a bigger player base. They really have improved the game and while its too early to tell it looks like it might do a Siege and rebound to a strong player base after some rework. (Hell, there rumors that we might see a season 2 Season Pass instead of a direct sequel.)

Interestingly, Gamersgate used to be a decent place for Ubisoft DLC.  At least the Far Cry and Assassins Creed add-ons or season passes.

The decision this last week to have a bunch of DLC for Siege on sale via Steam and not via Uplay was... different, I guess.

Interestingly, Gamersgate used to be a decent place for Ubisoft DLC. At least the Far Cry and Assassins Creed add-ons or season passes.

The decision this last week to have a bunch of DLC for Siege on sale via Steam and not via Uplay was... different, I guess.
Yeah, i've scoped out the interwebs and so far I think my biggest hope for cheapish Uplay DLC is Humble Store. They carry all the DLC for both The Division and Six Siege so I'm hoping for a 50% off sale I can stack with my 10% Monthly discount and 5% wallet perk.

Edit:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM SUCH A DOOFUS!

Glad I decided to check Gamersgate today and sure enough the Six Siege DLC is 50% off and even The Division Season Pass is on sale for $25.99 so looks like I will be buying it there. I'm really itching to try out survival mode and I think that's the cheapest the Uplay SP has been, plus I get 5% back in useless smurf coins.

Double Edit:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gamersgate is such a doofus!

Flagged my order for manual review even though I'm not trying to do any shady shenanigans. HURRY UP AND APPROVE IT DAMMIT!

Triple Edit:

Dirty Swedes finally approved my order! I'm going to be so stylish now when I play Six Siege with Syntax. Since he's always having to revive me, he'll appreciate the Watch Dogs Ash outfit the most.

My son is in first grade and most of his friends are into Pokemon. He knows nothing about it. I know almost nothing about it. Where should I start him out in terms of games? Or maybe start with one of the shows? Assume that anything he'd play would be either on a HTPC or an Android tablet.
Create a Pokemon Online TCG account. Then you (as a parent) can lock that puppy down to nothing. The account can be used on the Computer (both PC/Mac), Android, and iOS so it's pretty decent. All new packs (starters, specials, single packs) come with codes now you can redeem there so not only do you get the pack IRL but you get another separate in game pack (diff characters on boosters but the same ones if you type in the "deck" packs).

My kid loves it. And honestly, you can do "daily" missions to earn more coins to buy more in game stuff for free. Or they get bored and don't play it anymore and it doesn't cost you much.

Other than that... Pokemon on the 3DS... any entry. I like Sun/Moon personally but everyone has a flavor they like.

What sort of Pokemon are they into?  Watching the cartoon? Playing Pokemon GO? Playing the DS games?  Playing the actual card game?  You might want to ask since there's no reason to set up your kid with a bunch of cards if all his friends are just chasing Pidgeys on their phones.

Obviously watching the cartoons is a cheap, easy way for him to be familiar with Pokemon.  I'm sure they're streaming somewhere.  You can emulate a bunch of older Pokemon games on Android but the only official game is Pokemon GO.  Likewise for the HTPC: you'll have to use an emulator to play anything.

My son is in first grade and most of his friends are into Pokemon. He knows nothing about it. I know almost nothing about it. Where should I start him out in terms of games? Or maybe start with one of the shows? Assume that anything he'd play would be either on a HTPC or an Android tablet.
Get him Pokemon Sun or Moon. That's what the other kids will be playing.

He should play Hearthstone.
Also Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.

I'd expect that Pokemon Go and Pokemon Trading Card Game Online are the best you'll do on a tablet or phone.
Everything else is going to be on a Nintendo console (or you're going to need to set up an emulator.)

To start with shows, if you have Netflix, they have the first animation series on there now. Start there... though for the most part you can watch from any point... they aren't a particularly rigid continuity.

Same with the storyline of the games. Most are pretty self contained, so it doesn't matter if you start with Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire/Fire/Leaf, Diamond/Pearl/HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, X/Y or Sun/Moon.

However, they're Pokemon games (and Nintendo) games, so they're one of the rare console/handheld games that don't become worthless after they're obsolete/out of print.

Right now, probably the best and cheapest actual hardware solution (read: Not Emulators and roms) is to pick up a 3DS of some variety, and buy the digital download of Red/Blue (first pokemon game) and find a sale on (Sun/Moon)- newest Pokemon game.

To start with shows, if you have Netflix, they have the first animation series on there now. Start there... though for the most part you can watch from any point... they aren't a particularly rigid continuity.
That and the kid is seven years old and probably doesn't care about Misty's compelling backstory half as much as he just wants to see monsters fight.

Baseball

or

just the new Sun and Moon

or Yellow if it has be emulated on a Android

Glad I decided to check Gamersgate today and sure enough the Six Siege DLC is 50% off and even The Division Season Pass is on sale for $25.99 so looks like I will be buying it there. I'm really itching to try out survival mode and I think that's the cheapest the Uplay SP has been, plus I get 5% back in useless smurf coins.
I ran Survival again, this time with a guy from the Division section on Discord, and he really knew what he was doing... Got so much caches it was pretty crazy. We both left with 5 Survival Caches (which are the best type of caches) and where the last two people on the server. Only 4 groups extracted, us being the fourth, but we still managed the best rank.

Its a really solid mode. And like I said earlier I thought the mode would be a complete throwaway.

(My run times on this mode have been closer to that 2 hours they talked about. Its the only thing in the game that's not possible to do in 10 minutes or so. Which sort of sucks as its longer than I usual game during my week but it should keep the mode fresh for me.)

Awesome. Who would have guessed that GG was useful for something? Can't really blame you for not looking there first given that Uplay doesn't have this shit for sale in their own damn store or through the game's purchase options.

Platinum skin DLC is a pretty good way to make any weapon look half decent if you want to spend the extra buck-fiddy on such frivolities.

Well there is still reason to own SP1, you get immediate access to the season 1 ops. You probably wont get that just by grabbing season 2 pass

Awesome. Who would have guessed that GG was useful for something? Can't really blame you for not looking there first given that Uplay doesn't have this shit for sale in their own damn store or through the game's purchase options.

Platinum skin DLC is a pretty good way to make any weapon look half decent if you want to spend the extra buck-fiddy on such frivolities.
Nice, I earned about a buck-fiddy of smurf coins so that's probably the best way to cash out.

I ran Survival again, this time with a guy from the Division section on Discord, and he really knew what he was doing... Got so much caches it was pretty crazy. We both left with 5 Survival Caches (which are the best type of caches) and where the last two people on the server. Only 4 groups extracted, us being the fourth, but we still managed the best rank.

Its a really solid mode. And like I said earlier I thought the mode would be a complete throwaway.

(My run times on this mode have been closer to that 2 hours they talked about. Its the only thing in the game that's not possible to do in 10 minutes or so. Which sort of sucks as its longer than I usual game during my week but it should keep the mode fresh for me.)
Sounds sweet. Not really a loot hound myself, but I was just curious to play a big dev's take on Survival and compare it to all the shitty early access games I usually waste my time on.

Well there is still reason to own SP1, you get immediate access to the season 1 ops. You probably wont get that just by grabbing season 2 pass

Yeah, 95% of the reason for the Siege season pass is to get the Season One operators unlocked for free versus paying 25,000 renown for each one.
What they said plus you also got bonus renown for every mission throughout the year and also:

Year 1 Season Pass holders who purchase the Year 2 Pass will receive a bonus 600 R6 Credits

Which is good for some more cosmetics. I'm usually one of those people who complain about DLC but IMO it's done really well in Six Siege because most of the operators you can unlock just playing the game at very reasonable prices. You basically are paying to be able to play the new operators without having to do an epic grind and I think it's worth the money even though I really don't find too many of the ones you get to be ones I tend to play with a lot. The new female one from Japan is pretty nice though. Never quite got into the Brazilian ones, but I know Spoder really liked Blackbeard or whatever his name was from the ones that unlocked before that.

I'm probably going to buy the year two SP and it's a nice way for them to keep the game going/fresh year after year without releasing a sequel that would cost twice that. Plus, I've been screwing over Uplay since basically the start. There hasn't been a game I've paid full price or anywhere near close for it or the DLC. I usually do glitches and regional pricing or the video card promos and pay so little for them I don't mind throwing some money at them from time to time.

Yea the new ops can be hit or miss but they do all really have their place. They are all meant to balance out at least one or two ops on the opposing team, so there is always a place for one of them. They also track stats of how often certain ones are played and with each season they tweak the least used ops to try to keep them relevant.

Its stuff like that that keeps me playing since they are always tweaking it just slightly trying to improve it, and in the process of that it keeps the game fresh by coming up with new scenarios you havent seen.

Nice, I earned about a buck-fiddy of smurf coins so that's probably the best way to cash out.
It looks better done than most of the DLC universal skins (like Gold/Ruby/Emerald/etc) that just slap a coat over the entire weapon: stock, barrel, trigger, etc like you dipped it in a bucket of paint. The Platinum DLC actually leaves portions unpainted (like the White/Red/etc color skins) so it looks as though it was intended to be that way.

0,30€ Intralism
 0,10€ Sleight
 0,20€ Mars Industries
 0,20€ Altar Guardian
 0,49€ Domino Sky
 0,21€ Hover 2030
 0,49€ Man Of Prey
 0,49€ Aggression - Reign Over Europe
25,62€ Disney Mega Pack
 0,24€ Catacomb Explorers
 0,29€ Catacomb Explorers - Collector's Edition Content
 1,12€ Condition Zero
 0,22€ Reset 1-1
 1,64€ Call of Cthulhu
 2,49€ Train Fever
 0,59€ Inexistence
 0,74€ ME, MYSELF & BUNNYLORD CAMPAIGN
 0,59€ Sniper Art of Victory
11,72€ Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
 8,15€ Homeworld Remastered Collection
 0,24€ Madness Cubed
 0,32€ Killbot
 0,09€ See No Evil
 0,09€ House of Caravan

Publishers were asked/suggested/allowed to submit different discounts actually.
Good to know. I was wary of just such a thing when I bought GTA V. I'll be very surprised if it drops below 50% in the Winter Sale. In fact, I can see a lot of publishers holding back because of the increased length of the sale.

I'm counting on Bethesda though, to keep DOOM at or below 50% because they just love sales.

Haven't heard anything about deadlines. But considering it's 100% automated nowdays, there probably isn't.

Publishers can have their custom discount up anytime they want, too.

eg. Ubisoft probably again does it's own thing and only discounts games for some days only.

Stealth release today but if you had Darksiders previously, you get Darksiders Warmastered Edition for free. Steam trading cards are not available yet.

Changes include:

• Support for up to 4k video output resolution
  • Doubled all the texture resolutions
  • Re-rendered all cutscenes in high quality
  • Rendering improvements and rework
  • Better shadow rendering quality
  • Post processing effects
  • Optimized framerate
  • Wide Variety of Graphic Options (FOV, Postprocessing effects, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Filtering, Windowed/Fullscreen, etc.)
  • Steam Trading Cards
  • Native Steam Controller Support
http://store.steampowered.com/app/462780/

Stealth release today but if you had Darksiders previously, you get Darksiders Warmastered Edition for free. Steam trading cards are not available yet.

Changes include:

• Support for up to 4k video output resolution
  • Doubled all the texture resolutions
  • Re-rendered all cutscenes in high quality
  • Rendering improvements and rework
  • Better shadow rendering quality
  • Post processing effects
  • Optimized framerate
  • Wide Variety of Graphic Options (FOV, Postprocessing effects, Anti-Aliasing, Texture Filtering, Windowed/Fullscreen, etc.)
  • Steam Trading Cards
  • Native Steam Controller Support
http://store.steampowered.com/app/462780/
Yup, just noticed it in my account. That's pretty cool of them.

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-32-32-inch-display?sdtid=9468263

Someone was asking for a deal on a 1440P monitor.  Apparently the idiots at SD thing that's slick.  

Also, tonight the bros play Lifeless, which is that super awful zombie survival game that was .25 in the Halloween mystery bundle on GMG.  I don't expect us to last too long so people will probably be playing Rocket League (or Day by Daylight if Spoder gets his way) afterwards.  

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-32-32-inch-display?sdtid=9468263

Someone was asking for a deal on a 1440P monitor. Apparently the idiots at SD thing that's slick.

Also, tonight the bros play Lifeless, which is that super awful zombie survival game that was .25 in the Halloween mystery bundle on GMG. I don't expect us to last too long so people will probably be playing Rocket League (or Day by Daylight if Spoder gets his way) afterwards.
I have to download it again but guess I'll be down to take a break from FFXIV.

For that kind of $, I hope it's IPS or PLS; especially since it ain't even 4K.

EDIT:

Did some digging, looked on Amazon. Looks like it's WVA.
It's something called WVA:

VA panels provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels, but have worse viewing angles and color production, although generally still better than TN. Response times are VA’s largest downfall, though, being slower than IPS and its variants and TN.

Not bad, but I think Best Buy had the better deal over the weekend (I grabbed a Logitech G710+ for $59.99, plus it stacked with the Visa Checkout $25 off $100 or more deal that was active at the time).
Yea i've wanted the damn K65 for so long...but it's never on sale. With Visa checkout (which I forgot to do on the keyboard) it still would have been $110 after tax so for that it's $83 after tax/shipping even tho it's refurb.

Guess we will see.

It's something called WVA:

VA panels provide a good middle ground with better-than-IPS refresh rates and contrast levels, but have worse viewing angles and color production, although generally still better than TN. Response times are VA’s largest downfall, though, being slower than IPS and its variants and TN.
Yeah, now the price makes much more sense now with it being WVA. Especially w/ the awesome + huge panel-size (32''); 1440p resolution; and AMD FreeSync support. Sounds pretty damn nice to me.

[thumbs up]

I dunno why'd they wanna hide that it's a WVA panel. Unless I'm blind, that wasn't even on that store-page you linked!

Looks like it got pretty good reviews on Amazon, too.

bread's done
Back