Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So is Nvidia trying to fuck over people trying to sell their free game? Seems like bullshit to me. (I know it's to prevent Newegg and Amazon messing up, but it hurts the consumer)

So is Nvidia trying to fuck over people trying to sell their free game? Seems like bullshit to me. (I know it's to prevent Newegg and Amazon messing up, but it hurts the consumer)
I'm sure it's the game publishers demanding it. It actually hurts Nvidia a little since some people used to consider the game another $25-30 they could get back from eBay on the cost of the card. If they can't resell it, then they can't mentally figure that additional "rebate" into the cost. Uplay is the one hurt when 5,000 discount codes for Assassin's Creed VII: Falklands War go out into the wild, not Nvidia.

As Im reading this article on the last division dlc i remembered, wtf happened to the rest of NYC. What a blown opportunity that game was. Everyone expected they would at least finish manhattan (or even just central park, how the hell do you not include that), and at least do brooklyn since all of those were already modeled. Instead they gave us some easily designed underground areas and called it a day. What a waste of what could have been an awesome game
Don't get me started... The last DLC expansion is an absolute joke.

My thoughts on it actually made the front page of reddit's The Division section.

The bros played The Secret World last night. I had a lot of fun and reminded me of why I like the game so much to begin with. Might restart with a new char since I'm not that deep into the game as is so I can get the story fresh again.
Yeah. I'm tempted to jump back in. Though I might go with SWTOR or Defiance instead.

Maybe bro nights for those?

The bros played The Secret World last night. I had a lot of fun and reminded me of why I like the game so much to begin with. Might restart with a new char since I'm not that deep into the game as is so I can get the story fresh again.
Yeah, starting fresh might be a good idea. It was pretty funny that all of us had played the game but not one of us remembered how it works. But that skill wheel and stuff isn't exactly intuitive. I hung around the starting area with my somewhat overpowered character and tried to see if there was an upper limit to how many newbie mobs I could take on at a time without dying (there was).

Tonight is Nation Red, a twin-stick shooter you likely own and a pretty fun game. Come help us shoot piles of zombies to help save America.

Why not play a good MMO ;)
I'd say those are good, though none are without flaws. It's not like I suggested TERA.

Yeah, starting fresh might be a good idea. It was pretty funny that all of us had played the game but not one of us remembered how it works. But that skill wheel and stuff isn't exactly intuitive. I hung around the starting area with my somewhat overpowered character and tried to see if there was an upper limit to how many newbie mobs I could take on at a time without dying (there was).

Tonight is Nation Red, a twin-stick shooter you likely own and a pretty fun game. Come help us shoot piles of zombies to help save America.
Aw. I don't have that one. It's been bundle fodder forever but never been bundled.

Yeah. I'm tempted to jump back in. Though I might go with SWTOR or Defiance instead.

I have Defiance. Will probably schedule a bro night for that. Is it F2P now?

I'd say those are good, though none are without flaws. It's not like I suggested TERA.

Aw. I don't have that one. It's been bundle fodder forever but never been bundled.
Nation Red is really good. Pick it up next time it is on sale.

It's been F2P for quite some time. Many here got keys from somewhere at some point, too. Amazon when Tony was there, maybe? Anyway, it was a bro night back way before they were called bro nights.
I got mine from the Collector's Edition at Gamestop when it was $10. But I do recall people getting keys somewhere.

It's been F2P for quite some time. Many here got keys from somewhere at some point, too. Amazon when Tony was there, maybe? Anyway, it was a bro night back way before they were called bro nights.
Back in the good ol' hamster days.

I have played a little bit of Elder Scrolls off and on and have enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Star Trek Online, though I haven't played really a lot of either. I am not a big MMO person generally. That being said I would be up to play those or SWTOR or Defiance at some point. I did buy Defiance on PS3 (for $5) before it was F2P on PC, but never got around to play it

Last edited by a moderator:
SWTOR is pretty great, though the Free2Play aspect is a bit limiting. I found it was 100% worth it to spend $5 to get "preferred" status.

List of events:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpoderFox#events

Get Fox or Spoder to add you to the above group.

Show up at 9pm CST. Best to add a few of the regulars to your Steam friends.

I might not be on tonight myself.

Edit: Ohh yeah Fox's sig has this info more or less.
Can I get invited to this? I'd like to join in one of these days. I always enjoy the recaps.

I'm Jeebus81 on Steam.

Edit: Thanks!

FYI, invites are going out to the Ghost Recon Wildlands Closed Beta. I didn't get selected via the game itself, but Nvidia of all places sent me a key because of using GeForce Experience lol. The key has to be claimed in Geforce to activate. Unfortunately it doesnt have invite capabilities, but hopefully some of yous get in. Reply if you do and Im game to team up once the beta goes live.

Did the Batman Arkham Knight premium edition deal with every arkham game and all the dlc end? I cant find it anymore.

Yeah, those Gamestop people were real jerks to me last time I bought... uhhh... that $1.25 copy of Wolverine there.

#consolepeopleproblems
I'd had problems in the past where my PC retail box was empty, when I opened it.

Switched it out for another - and the CD key that I needed was missing from the box.

Mind you, this was WAY back before you could activate your Diablo 2 + LoD CD keys onto Battle.Net.

Since they gut their boxes normally, always best to check them before you leave and/or just ask if they have any unopened copies somewhere.

Make sure you have everything - CD keys, manuals, right amount of discs, or anything else you supposed to get.

EDIT:

BTW, if you're talking about X-Men Origins Wolverine, that game was good....especially for $1.25.

Did the Batman Arkham Knight premium edition deal with every arkham game and all the dlc end? I cant find it anymore.
That "deal" was only for the people who bought and didn't refund the game when it became apparent that WB was fine with fuck ing over their customers.

I'd had problems in the past where my PC retail box was empty, when I opened it.

Switched it out for another - and the CD key that I needed was missing from the box.

Mind you, this was WAY back before you could activate your Diablo 2 + LoD CD keys onto Battle.Net.

Since they gut their boxes normally, always best to check them before you leave and/or just ask if they have any unopened copies somewhere.

Make sure you have everything - CD keys, manuals, right amount of discs, or anything else you supposed to get.

EDIT:

BTW, if you're talking about X-Men Origins Wolverine, that game was good....especially for $1.25.
Yeah, I have a good GameStop story. When I offered a few months ago to grab Wasteland 2 physical copies on clearance for $5 for CAGs, I went to two different GameStops in my area and grabbed one at each (in tropical-storm weather conditions). I thought the one I got from the first GameStop looked a bit off because I only saw a card with a code for Wasteland in it, but I thought it might be a combined code for both games. It was only when I went to the second store and bought the other one that I saw that the first copy was missing a card with the Wasteland 2 code. After calling the first store when I returned home and literally letting the phone ring 30 times before hanging up (several times), I went back to the store a few days later. I brought the box with the missing code in with me and explained to the employee on duty the nature of the problem. He went in the back for a few minutes and said that he'd have to give me a refund when he came back. I made a point of asking whether they had the code card that was missing and he said that they did not. Translation: they lost the card or some douchebag employee just took it home. I'm not quite sure which scenario would be worse. :roll:

Finally got all my F'ing cards listed on the market. According to the tally given to me on my steam market page (courtesy of steam inventory helper), the value of the cards that I have listed (plus those I've sold since I started listing) is about $250. Which works out to about 5.5 cents per card. I can clearly remember a time when I complained in one of the old steam threads that cards were hardly worth the effort because we could only recoup 25 cents per card. Now I'm selling cards for an average of 5 cents a piece. Oy vey.

For some strange reason, the cards that I have listed at 3 cents seem to be selling quicker than the ones listed at 15-20 cents. Go figure.

Interestingly, I have 17 cards left in my inventory which I can't list on the market. Apparently they can no longer be bought or sold because Valve has severed their business relationship with the devs. Their only value (besides as simple curiosities) is crafting them into Gems. Which I'll probably do sooner or later.

Yeah, I have a good GameStop story. When I offered a few months ago to grab Wasteland 2 physical copies on clearance for $5 for CAGs, I went to two different GameStops in my area and grabbed one at each (in tropical-storm weather conditions). I thought the one I got from the first GameStop looked a bit off because I only saw a card with a code for Wasteland in it, but I thought it might be a combined code for both games. It was only when I went to the second store and bought the other one that I saw that the first copy was missing a card with the Wasteland 2 code. After calling the first store when I returned home and literally letting the phone ring 30 times before hanging up (several times), I went back to the store a few days later. I brought the box with the missing code in with me and explained to the employee on duty the nature of the problem. He went in the back for a few minutes and said that he'd have to give me a refund when he came back. I made a point of asking whether they had the code card that was missing and he said that they did not. Translation: they lost the card or some douchebag employee just took it home. I'm not quite sure which scenario would be worse. :roll:
Speaking of Gamestop, they apparently got a bunch of new clearance games in stock, one of the games there was Crimes and Punishments. Sadly for me, they fixed the site and I can no longer check the semi-local store's inventory anymore.

I considered asking you for help in getting a copy, but I've been broke for the past two weeks, so... :\

Well, the ZeniMax vs Oculus trial is over, might be a fire sale on Oculus games soon :rofl:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/01/bethesda-parent-company-zenimax-awarded-500-million-in-oculus-lawsuit

It's kinda funny, what happened. Quotes from above link.

"Carmack intentionally destroyed data on his computer after he got notice of this litigation and right after he researched on Google how to wipe a hard drive—"

"Carmack admitted he secretly downloaded and stole over 10,000 documents from ZeniMax on a USB storage device, as well as the entire source code to RAGE and the id tech® 5 engine —which Carmack uploaded to his Oculus computer;"

Well, the ZeniMax vs Oculus trial is over, might be a fire sale on Oculus games soon :rofl:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/01/bethesda-parent-company-zenimax-awarded-500-million-in-oculus-lawsuit

It's kinda funny, what happened. Quotes from above link.

"Carmack intentionally destroyed data on his computer after he got notice of this litigation and right after he researched on Google how to wipe a hard drive—"

"Carmack admitted he secretly downloaded and stole over 10,000 documents from ZeniMax on a USB storage device, as well as the entire source code to RAGE and the id tech® 5 engine —which Carmack uploaded to his Oculus computer;"
nah, oculus essentially won, or at least cleared of what would have been a much much larger fine, there is no real guilty/not guilty in a civil trial. They were found not to be using any zenimax material (misappropriating trade secrets) but were still fined 500mil for carmack and luckey's indiscretions of violating nda's. Thats a drop in the bucket to facebook, plus it will be appealed anyway

That ign article is horrible, only quoting a zenimax statement, you never just use statements from one side in a legal case to write an article, its always going to be biased. Ars may quote a bit of oculus' statement but at least they actually analyze the verdict

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/02/oculus-execs-liable-for-500-million-in-zenimax-vr-trial/

Finally got all my F'ing cards listed on the market. According to the tally given to me on my steam market page (courtesy of steam inventory helper), the value of the cards that I have listed (plus those I've sold since I started listing) is about $250. Which works out to about 5.5 cents per card. I can clearly remember a time when I complained in one of the old steam threads that cards were hardly worth the effort because we could only recoup 25 cents per card. Now I'm selling cards for an average of 5 cents a piece. Oy vey.

For some strange reason, the cards that I have listed at 3 cents seem to be selling quicker than the ones listed at 15-20 cents. Go figure.

Interestingly, I have 17 cards left in my inventory which I can't list on the market. Apparently they can no longer be bought or sold because Valve has severed their business relationship with the devs. Their only value (besides as simple curiosities) is crafting them into Gems. Which I'll probably do sooner or later.
Did Steam already have your ID-info (Social Security # or Tax ID) or whatever they wanted for listing more than 100+ items on the marketplace?

That was the limiting factor for me selling all of my 0.05 and less cards. Didn't want Steam to have my Social just for a couple of Steam cents.

bread's done
Back