Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The current state of bundles and digital games sales is so bleak that some CAGers are venturing into Walmarts desperately hoping to find some deal, any deal, on physical copies of two- or three-year-old games.

Fix this, TrumpCat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the last copy of PoE here in town for 7 bucks

They also had Space Engineers, Cities Skylines, Superhot and Farming Simulator 15 and 17 on clearance

There's a Wal-Mart about 15 miles away that has both in stock.  If I needed anything else at Wal-Mart I'd consider it for the bros.  

Last night the bros played Scourge: Outbreak.  It's a TPS cover shooter that Bah called "Gears of War for MysterD."  There's some satisfaction knowing this is the kind of stuff people get to play when they refuse to delve into consoles.  We started in the co-op mode and after we got tired of the spongy enemies and finicky cover system I convinced everyone to play a round of PvP.  Syntax walked around with an overpowered machine gun, Bah was shooting his blue alien goo at everyone, and Parallacks was throwing red light bombs.  There might have been a "winner," but really we all lost.  

Tonight we play Rocket League.  This used to be a bro favorite until everyone got tired of playing it every night and then we went months without playing it.  So grab some fancy import beer (Kinroo Blue or Boot Tread) and come join us. 

Parallacks said he'd be out next week.  He's going to Minnesota for business.  Let's all pray his wagon doesn't tip over trying to ford the river and no one in his party dies of dysentery.  

...and finicky cover system...
If you're behind cover and press the space bar, you will run for miles to the next piece of cover with no way to stop it. You can steer left and right, but you won't stop manically sprinting until you find something to crouch behind. The first time it happened, I thought my W key was glitched or something.

Haha, so just for funsies I checked brickseek, and apparently the nearest Walmart has both D:OS and POE for $2?!?

Only problem is, it's in fucking Salinas, which is murder capital of California. There's no amount of money you could pay me to go that Walmart.
Its actually the "youth" murder capital of California and your profile says your 96 years old... so unless you're an elf from D&D you should be safe.

(Unless you fail your saving throw...)

Is anyone still looking for D:OS or PoE?  If I do get around to hitting Walmart, I don't want to pick up an extra on spec and have it sitting around my desk, alone and unloved.

Is anyone still looking for D:OS or PoE? If I do get around to hitting Walmart, I don't want to pick up an extra on spec and have it sitting around my desk, alone and unloved.
Tempted to ask for a PoE, but would you be willing to ship it out to me? I like my boxed copies, MysterD style.

Seems I never learn my goddamn lesson

Key:
RAZORTRON 2000: VC539-Z7P3R-!3NE6

• Key:
    CORROSION COLD WINTER WAITING ENHANCED: CNJA!-ABCXQ-BLDA3

• Key:
    CUBE RUNNER: PB6KJ-!M9A5-IG7ND

• Key:
    PLANES BULLETS AND VODKA: B!7B8-4X2LC-VF0IA

• Key:
    PLITH: 67Y00-PV0LI-JDC9P

• Key:
    HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE: !79YP-AJ2EV-ERR5C

• Key:
    ROCK N ROLL DEFENSE: M2A!3-6X2TE-MC498

Replace !s with E

Is anyone still looking for D:OS or PoE? If I do get around to hitting Walmart, I don't want to pick up an extra on spec and have it sitting around my desk, alone and unloved.
I know that Master Miguel was looking for Divinity. So you have at least one CAG interested in that one.

I'll take a PoE if anyone ends up with an extra to unload.

My Wal-Mart is terrible for PC deals, they usually just have old Blizzard stuff for full MSRP.

Went to Walmart this afternoon and saw ~10 copies of Ori and the Blind Forest (Definitive Edition) marked down from $19.96 to $19.88. If anyone wants one at cost, let me know. Just give me a minute to clear out my inbox so I can make room for the inevitable flood of PMs.

I go to another country to buy my games. I win.

:p
When I was 14 I went literally halfway around the world to buy games.

5907c88df2965e500c98e948dfae20c0.jpg

When I was a kid I had to build my own computer out of aluminum cans and program my own games using a type writer keyboard and a bootleg copy of Windows.  I spent so many hours playing Oregano Trail.  

There's a Wal-Mart about 15 miles away that has both in stock. If I needed anything else at Wal-Mart I'd consider it for the bros.

Last night the bros played Scourge: Outbreak. It's a TPS cover shooter that Bah called "Gears of War for MysterD."
I have this sitting in my backlog. So, I guess I should check this out sometime, eh?

I think the responses I got so far wipe out the supposed stock at the store, so that's all I'd get under the best circumstances. If things pan out, I'll let people know.

Small reminder that the Shovel Knight deal ends tomorrow at 12 PM ET. Played through the main campaign the other day and really enjoyed it. Not sure if it's a better game than those that it pays homage to (Mega Man and DuckTales are the two most comparable titles IMO), but it certainly pays homage to them better than anything else I can think of. And the soundtrack is just bliss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDGaqUskBRM

I think I'd rather just buy the classic disney platformers on GOG instead of Shovel Knight.  Mostly because #ArchiSoSlow and I haven't been able to idle cards like I planned.  Will wait for Shovel Knight Humble Monthly 2020.  

Edit:

FYI

If you are Humble Monthly subscriber you could get Shovel Knight for $9 with another 5% going to your wallet (or charity).  

Didn't even realize the Lion King was on GOG until I just did a search for "Disney" on GOG. Super tempting to pick that up on sale, even though I'm certain I'll just quit out of frustration without getting past the Boneyard.

So I think I'll pick up Shovel Knight as a gift to keep in my inventory. If I ever decide to play it, no problem, I'll just activate it. Otherwise, it might be a good trade item in the future when the price increases.

There is no downside to adding it as a gift in my inventory, right?

Didn't even realize the Lion King was on GOG until I just did a search for "Disney" on GOG. Super tempting to pick that up on sale, even though I'm certain I'll just quit out of frustration without getting past the Boneyard.
I completely forgot about that. Had it on game gear.

So on my trip back to Walmart to pick up Pillars Of Eternity for a couple of fellow CAGs, I noticed that they also had a copy of Broken Age available for $9. If anyone's interested, I could maybe snag it for you. And I totally promise to get you that copy of the game from the discount bin and not merely pass along a leftover key that I have from the $1 tier of a recent Humble bundle.

I still have the original Genesis cartridge, and I just want to encourage you to ignore the hell out of your nostalgia in this case. That game is infuriating.

For any Tremor Bros who did the Hulu deal, they have ARMA 3 for 7999 coins and the Kart DLC for 499.  Went ahead and got both myself since I am finding the bundle trash they stock less and less appealing.  

So on my trip back to Walmart to pick up Pillars Of Eternity for a couple of fellow CAGs, I noticed that they also had a copy of Broken Age available for $9. If anyone's interested, I could maybe snag it for you. And I totally promise to get you that copy of the game from the discount bin and not merely pass along a leftover key that I have from the $1 tier of a recent Humble bundle.
Hey, I'm almost out of milk. Do you mind going back to Walmart to pick me up a gallon?

Just saw an NVidia e-mail about an upcoming 11GB VRAM 1080 Ti costing $700 MSRP.

Wowsers @ 11GB of VRAM.
XtiTdBe.jpg

Small reminder that the Shovel Knight deal ends tomorrow at 12 PM ET. Played through the main campaign the other day and really enjoyed it. Not sure if it's a better game than those that it pays homage to (Mega Man and DuckTales are the two most comparable titles IMO), but it certainly pays homage to them better than anything else I can think of. And the soundtrack is just bliss:
hollow knight is where it is at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4

bread's done
Back