Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Why would anyone still need to have the first Prey installed still? Just let it go. If we get to the point where we can no longer access our steam games for download, shrug your shoulders and move on. If you absolutely must have a backup then put it on a backup drive, not your active drive.
Why not have it on an active drive or back-up drive? It only eats up 1.7GB, for crying out loud. We have plenty of normal HDD's these drives that are in the 1TB+ category, anyways. We can always stuff this folder somewhere.

Prey 2006 is an underrated FPS classic. Companies these days love to reboot stuff and (in a sense) treat old games like they don't exist - I paid for my copy, so...why should I bow down to them?

Even more so, especially since you can plaster the Retail 1.4 DRM-FREE Prey.exe over the Steam-version's EXE - you can get this game going, as you please + see fit. You don't even need Steam running, to run it - if you go that route.

Who's to say more companies like Bethesda + Zenimax aren't bitter over situations w/ past developers (like Human Head + Bethesda had over HH's Prey 2) and just do this crap again purposely? Or who's to say the dev's and/or publisher make a silly mistake by accident to have new reboot + old game use same Steam game-directory folder?

EDIT:

Now, I don't know if Bethesda, Zenimax, and/or Arkane did this purposely or not w/ same file-naming for Prey 2017 to be the same as Prey 2006 - but when we can take matters into our own hands + have been given the means to do so to rectify the situation ourselves, why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a deal on BF1 so I can play with you guys. I missed the Amazon deal the other week.
Bar waiting for another deal the only place to save anything significant on it right now are the key sites i.e. CDKeys.com has it for 36 and change. You could also try a third party trader/seller on some place like Steamtrades. Its 34.99 on Amazon when its on sale there. You could try looking around on places that have retail copies too like Walmart and Best Buy. It goes on sale often, but couldnt tell you when it will next. My guess is June before the next new map pack hits.

Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings from the latest $1 tier of Humble is a fun game!  It is an updated RBI Baseball from Nintendo days.  Controls are very intuitive and simple for a baseball game.  Baseball is still fucking boring but they did a great job with this game.

Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings from the latest $1 tier of Humble is a fun game! It is an updated RBI Baseball from Nintendo days. Controls are very intuitive and simple for a baseball game. Baseball is still fucking boring but they did a great job with this game.
Baseball isn't boring. You're probably just a dirty liberal trying to ruin America. Stick with your basketball or football if you want barbarity and excitement. Baseball is a gentleman's sport and still pure.

I think im starting to catch on to the trend ........................................... they all involve sticks! That must be it, lets go with that. Id take a guess that polo would also be one of these gentlemens sports

I think im starting to catch on to the trend ........................................... they all involve sticks! That must be it, lets go with that. Id take a guess that polo would also be one of these gentlemens sports
And Genital Jousting. Which the Bros like playing. With each other.

Random and pointless, but I just got a Mayflash Dolphin sensor bar and motion+ wiimotes and got it all working and it's pretty damn awesome. It's not being a console pleb if you're a console pleb on a PC.

Random and pointless, but I just got a Mayflash Dolphin sensor bar and motion+ wiimotes and got it all working and it's pretty damn awesome. It's not being a console pleb if you're a console pleb on a PC.
No but you're still a Wii-tard. :D/

All joking aside, and just as random and pointless, anyone who has Hulu should watch the "Batman & Bill" documentary... Even if your not a comic book fan I imagine its a pretty solid hour and a half of informative entertainment.

No but you're still a Wii-tard. :D/

All joking aside, and just as random and pointless, anyone who has Hulu should watch the "Batman & Bill" documentary... Even if your not a comic book fan I imagine its a pretty solid hour and a half of informative entertainment.
Ain't gonna lie, I got a Wii U almost entirely for Mario Maker. No regrets.

Ain't gonna lie, I got a Wii U almost entirely for Mario Maker. No ragrets.
FTFY
2u8xq34.jpg

360 controller crapped out on me, anybody have opinions on the X1 controller and it's PC functionality?  I've heard enough of Fox's troubles over discord on event nights to steer me away from the DS4.

360 controller crapped out on me, anybody have opinions on the X1 controller and it's PC functionality? I've heard enough of Fox's troubles over discord on event nights to steer me away from the DS4.
I think its the best controller on the PC. The sticks and d-pad alone are upgrades to the standard 360 controller. I had some issues with mine due to a faulty USB cable, but the wireless version works native with Windows 10 as long as you have the dongle. I replaced the USB cable and am back to normal.

Its easily recommendable. I won't use anything else if I don't have to.

I'm riding my Tron controller til it dies.  Then I'll permanently switch my laptop to the wireless.    For now, the wireless XBO controller is on my Desktop for ORift purposes.

360 controller crapped out on me, anybody have opinions on the X1 controller and it's PC functionality? I've heard enough of Fox's troubles over discord on event nights to steer me away from the DS4.
To be fair, the first issue was my fault (cord was going out) and when I was trying to trouble shoot I changed some settings that caused the second set of issues. That said, using a DS4 is more work than just having a nice plug and play controller like the Xbox One controller. I'm personally hoping this one drops to $15 near me so I can pick one up:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=47376063

Probably a low chance it is $15 near you, but worth a check.

Edit:

Looks like the Black X1 Controller is $39.99 on Amazon right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Black/dp/B01LPZM7VI

And in true Fox fashion, I'm tempted to get this glowing third party monstrosity for the LEDs. Decent reviews and on sale for $31.99 right now:

https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Afterglow-Prismatic-Wired-Controller-Xbox/dp/B00ZJRHSRW

Dual shock 4 has no issues on PC and it even has the button prompts supported on Steam. Best controller. Xbox one controller is ass compared to the 360.

I was in the same situation last month. Wired 360 controller was disconnecting way too often during play (faulty cable I believe) so I jumped on a deal for an X1 controller with the wireless adapter bundled. Fantastic controller. Better than the 360 pad in every facet. Haven't had a single disconnect or any syncing issues over the last month on my W10 machine w/ Creator's Update installed. Battery life seems fantastic as well (2000 mAh Eneloops). Regret not upgrading sooner.

Dual shock 4 has no issues on PC and it even has the button prompts supported on Steam. Best controller. Xbox one controller is ass compared to the 360.
I've been using DS4windows I think. You mean you should be able to use it on W10 native now? Or still need to install drivers?

I've only run into real issues on a few games where it was double inputting, but there was a setting in DS4Windows I needed to change and it fixed that.

I was in the same situation last month. Wired 360 controller was disconnecting way too often during play (faulty cable I believe) so I jumped on a deal for an X1 controller with the wireless adapter bundled. Fantastic controller. Better than the 360 pad in every facet. Haven't had a single disconnect or any syncing issues over the last month on my W10 machine w/ Creator's Update installed. Battery life seems fantastic as well (2000 mAh Eneloops). Regret not upgrading sooner.
Wait, they still use regular batteries? While PS controllers have had built in ones for two generations now? When is MS going to get with the times?

I've been using DS4windows I think. You mean you should be able to use it on W10 native now? Or still need to install drivers?

I've only run into real issues on a few games where it was double inputting, but there was a setting in DS4Windows I needed to change and it fixed that.

Wait, they still use regular batteries? While PS controllers have had built in ones for two generations now? When is MS going to get with the times?
I completely uninstalled DS4Windows and now just plug and play on steam.

Steam natively supports it now

May have issues though since you installed DS4Windows and those drivers so wipe it and try

Having the option to use disposable AAs, rechargeable AAs, and an official rechargeable battery is way better in the long run than only having a built in battery.

Having the option to use disposable AAs, rechargeable AAs, and an official rechargeable battery is way better in the long run than only having a built in battery.
I beg to differ. I have PS3 controllers that are years old and never had an issue with the battery. The batteries are going to outlast any useful life the controller is going to have.

It is more inconvenient and an added cost, but on the bright side battery life with Eneloops or Fujitsus is fantastic. 30+ hours easily. Get a 4-pack of AAs and you'll always have spares ready to go.

The bigger issue is that there's no indicator on the controller itself when the battery is low. There's an XBox Accessories app which gives you a "Full/Medium/Low" reading only, but you get no indication in-game and it's a pretty lousy solution. I think the "X" button on the 360 wireless pad would flash when the battery was low, so I suppose that's one area where the X1 pad is worse.

Only after Walmart went lower. Amazon is just being reactionary.
Thank God for competition.

Now we just need some killer deals from Amazon.

My wallet in the old days, whether physical or digital games, was getting thrown at Amazon. I wouldn't mind returning consistently to those days, since Steam sales been "meh" for the most part since instituting a Refund Policy.

I beg to differ. I have PS3 controllers that are years old and never had an issue with the battery. The batteries are going to outlast any useful life the controller is going to have.
While it's true that my PS3 batteries have lasted the life of the controller, it is sometimes a pain to find out that your favorite controller is dead. Granted, this less of a problem on the PC where you're near enough to plug in a USB cord, but how many of us have 15+ ft *mini* USB cords for couch consoletarding?

Thank God for competition.

Now we just need some killer deals from Amazon.

My wallet in the old days, whether physical or digital games, was getting thrown at Amazon. I wouldn't mind returning consistently to those days, since Steam sales been "meh" for the most part since instituting a Refund Policy.
Don't think there's much of a chance. They used to do weekly deals on Amazon that rivaled the best of Steam. Now they largely treat digital games as fluff purchases rather than a significant source of income and its been what? 2-3 years? Kinda like how Best Buy treats shit like CDs and DVDs. Best Buy are all about the big box purchases with other stuff being add ons. Amazon is more an alternative than anything else.

Amazon's Digital Deals are rare now and even Amazon's "event" sales are paltry. I don't see it going back to 2012-2014. Everything begins and ends with Steam. They're the trendsetter for PC digital. They're the whole reason Amazon became competitive in the first place. If Valve decides to be more generous with the deals again, then maybe we'll see the larger retailers move. Amazon is all about Prime and that sorta shit more so than anything else now.

To be fair, that wasn't entirely Amazon's fault.  Tony hinted that he was having trouble getting any publishers to bite on deals which is why it was always the same handful of 2K, Rockstar and Paradox games.  The Golden Age of Sales was because everyone bought into the myth of "We'll make it up in volume" and agreed to put their games on sale for 75% off or better.  After a year or two, everyone started looking at the books and realized that, nope, selling a million copies of their new $60 game for $4.49 was actually a big loser. 

On the other hand, I totally agree that since then, Amazon hasn't really given a shit about digital game sales and isn't even in a competitive tier with Gamersgate or GMG.  Hell, they're barely competitive with DLGamer.  The collapse of the Golden Age of Sales wasn't their fault but completely writing off the market is.

I honestly thought only trolls felt that the built-in battery was a better option than having rechargables you could use. My DS4 drives me insane with how terrible the battery life is and then I have to be tethered while it charges. The MS controllers in my opinion are miles ahead of the Sony offerings in all aspects.

AmazonJosh has came through again, dropping Amazon's Free Shipping minimum now to $25:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=527692

Now we just need some cheap PC games and/or steep discounts on newer PC retail boxed games and/or PC hardware.
Yeah, too bad all the exclusive video game stuff I have wanted to buy has been PRIME ONRY. I have Prime and it still makes me mad. Won't have it forever and probably wouldn't buy it if I wasn't getting student rate.

Amazon virtual monopoly is bad. Thank god walmart has stepped up the competition. It's something all Amazon shoppers should be concerned with but most Prime people I know are oblivious to the market situation.

If people have trouble with the DS4 and running out of charge....you need to chill and not play so much....it lasts for hours
I miss the days when I didn't have to plan out my gaming sessions and make sure to charge my controller beforehand.

DS4 battery life is atrocious.

If people have trouble with the DS4 and running out of charge....you need to chill and not play so much....it lasts for hours
3 hours is what my DS4 lasts and that is simply horrible. I 2 of the old versions and 1 of the new that came with my Pro and all 3 have similar battery life. To me, that is atrocious and puts the DS4 firmly behind the Xbox 360, X1, and the Switch Pro.

Don't get me wrong, the ergonomics of the DS4 are fine, I am simply bitching about the battery life. The DS4 is a vast improvement over the DS3 and I have no issues actually using the DS4.

3 hours is what my DS4 lasts and that is simply horrible. I 2 of the old versions and 1 of the new that came with my Pro and all 3 have similar battery life. To me, that is atrocious and puts the DS4 firmly behind the Xbox 360, X1, and the Switch Pro.
I don't understand that when controllers last a good 5-6+ hours. I have three that all perform for that long.

Your charging must be killing your controller batteries or something.

Xbox controller batteries lasts over a day tho. Humor Shock 4!
Xbox dpad sucks though. But I don't really mind any of the controllers. My 360 controller has been fine for PC. Although I've been tempted to buy one of the PC usb dongle dualshocks that has been on sale at Best Buy for $40 a couple times.

I don't understand that when controllers last a good 5-6+ hours. I have three that all perform for that long.

Your charging must be killing your controller batteries or something.
It is possible, I use whatever charging cord I have lying around. I have always assumed that the cord was irrelevant. However, even if that is true which for me it isn't but I get that it could be a YMMV situation, built-in battery should be above 10 regardless.

Xbox controller batteries lasts over a day tho. Humor Shock 4!
Xbox dpad sucks though. But I don't really mind any of the controllers. My 360 controller has been fine for PC. Although I've been tempted to buy one of the PC usb dongle dualshocks that has been on sale at Best Buy for $40 a couple times.

Sorry for starting another console war.

edit: fwiw, i'm not a fan of wireless anythings, so battery life isn't terribly high on my list of controller desirableness.  Nor is D-pad functionality, because who the fuck uses the D-pad for anything?

no, that wasn't an invitation to regale us with your dpaddery tales

bread's done
Back