Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Just a heads up on that Dungeons 2 key if anyone didn't notice:

"Note: You must redeem your free Dungeons 2 key by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, May 27th, 2017!"

While I do love Dark Souls 1 (b/c of the excellent combat, the way it's designed, the lore for those paying attention, etc etc) - I'll be honest with you, I am absolutely terrible at the damn game.
I enjoyed what I've played of 1. I loved what I've played of 3 (base game and bits of the first DLC.)

I absolutely loathed DS2. Wanna know why? Because when you die, your character gets weaker when you respawn. Your HP bar gets smaller. I thought that "feature" was way more unfair than anything else the game could throw at you.

Huh.  Doctor Who The Eternity Clock isn't on Steam anymore.  I was waiting on another sale that never came.  I can not seem to find it anywhere else either.  

edit:  It was on PS3 too though if anybody actually wants to play it enough to go that route (probably not).

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed what I've played of 1. I loved what I've played of 3 (base game and bits of the first DLC.)

I absolutely loathed DS2. Wanna know why? Because when you die, your character gets weaker when you respawn. Your HP bar gets smaller. I thought that "feature" was way more unfair than anything else the game could throw at you.
Didn't even remember that. I guess there was a cap as to how low you would go and there was a way to reverse that when you needed to right? It seemed fine, I remember being hollow most of the time except before boss fights.

Rising Storm: Vietnam beta is up so you can install from the store page if you preordered. Been Waiting Patiently for this for a week now

Received my HyperX headset from Amazon Warehouse -- it was missing the PC extension cable. Amazon said they didn't have a replacement for it so they wound up just refunding me and told me to keep the headset. I tossed it to my kid for his Xbox so, good for him, I guess. I'm back to my Monoprice headphones & $7 Best Buy mic setup.
Sucks for you ^_^ =_= (+_+)

Okay...Dark Souls 2 owners, where you at?

Dark Souls 2 Season Pass is $6 on Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-DS2SP/dark-souls-ii-season-pass

That's the cheapest it's even been according to ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=darksoulsiiseasonpass

I already own Dark Souls 2 base-game, since someone kindly gifted it me. Ain't even started it, since never finished the original Dark Souls 1 PTD.

Is Dark Souls 2: Scholars that much better graphically + gameplay-wise (since placements + balancing changed in some ways), that I should just buy that instead later?

Do Dark Souls 2 + DLC owners get a discount via Steam if they try to buy Dark Souls 2: Scholars at some point later?
Honestly I didn't find Scholars of the 1st sin to be a huge upgrade over the base game, there were some new enemy placements and a new boss/npc, but if you're not a huge dark souls fan it's not substantial of an upgrade ot the point where i'd be willing to spend any extra money for it

that being said you should wait and buy it as opposed to buying the season pass because

1) if you wait long enough scholars of the first sin will have a decent chance to either be cheaper than 6 bucks or be in a bundle

2) given how long its taken you to beat ds1 i wouldnt be in a rush anyway

seriously its taken you like 3 years and you still havent finished ds1 i wouldnt sweat whether to buy the season pass for ds2 right now or not

Sucks for you ^_^ =_= (+_+)
Well, my kid got a free headset so I guess it could have ended worse.

I'm used to everyone being like "Mine said used but was actually in the original shrink wrap!" so it figures that when I finally order a Warehouse item, mine would be the bum one missing parts.

Mine said used but was brand new and in the original shrink wrap! It even came with an extra PC extension cable (don't ask why, it just did!).

Just kidding. Thanks Bah

Well, my kid got a free headset so I guess it could have ended worse.

I'm used to everyone being like "Mine said used but was actually in the original shrink wrap!" so it figures that when I finally order a Warehouse item, mine would be the bum one missing parts.
I've had a couple of bad experiences with AWD, but the return, refund process was usually pretty painless. They've never let me keep something as expensive as a $20 headset though. That's the thing that sucks about them, they don't do replacements.

Yeah, I was surprised. At first he was talking return labels, then he said:

03:01 PM PDT Syntax Error: It is missing the PC extension cable
03:03 PM PDT Amazon Guy: I apologize but the replacement for the item is not available at Amazon, I can create a return label for the item and you can place a new order from the website.
Or I can issue the refund for PC extension cable
03:03 PM PDT Syntax Error: Just refund the headset then. It's useless without the cable and I don't feel like going back and forth with it.
03:04 PM PDT Amazon Guy: Please allow me a minute to issue the refund.
I have issued the refund back to the original payment method which will be credited within 3-5 business days .
03:05 PM PDT Syntax Error: Ok
03:05 PM PDT Amazon Guy: Are you happy with the resolution?
03:07 PM PDT Syntax Error: Well, I'm not happy that now I need to waste my time returning it.
03:07 PM PDT Amazon Guy: You need not have to return the item to Amazon.
03:07 PM PDT Syntax Error: Ok, well that's good at least. thank you.
Apparently the key is to be snippy about having to travel a block to the UPS store. He also sounded like he thought he was refunding just a cable and not the headset though, so don't ask me. Amazon sent me an email confirming the full refund though.

Huh. Doctor Who The Eternity Clock isn't on Steam anymore. I was waiting on another sale that never came. I can not seem to find it anywhere else either.

edit: It was on PS3 too though if anybody actually wants to play it enough to go that route (probably not).
If it's any consolation, and it probably isn't, it was a fairly terrible and very buggy game. It played like the worst parts of the Adventure Games series and the part with the Silence was probably the most aggravating level out of the whole roughly 10-hour experience. I feel as though the closest the BBC has come to getting someone to translate the show into a game was the last of the Adventure Games series, The Gunpowder Plot. So go play that instead--those games have been bundled more times than Tebow's ranted about something racist, sexist, and/or political.

If you do happen to find it on PS3, well, it's not supposed to be any less buggy from what I read before and my suspicion is that it probably controls even worse with a controller.

I guess the PC side of Amazon is still cool. I ordered a new Bluray set from Amazon and they sent me an open box one. When I complained, they blamed the PO Box I get my mail at, saying that they take no responsibility for courier services that pick up your items and send them somewhere else. I told them it's a PO Box but they didn't care, and told me to return the thing if I wasn't satisfied.

Bleh. Assholes.

I went on a spiel about it awhile ago. I agree, it's a really stupid mechanic, and the worst part of it is that because the developers assumed you're going to be running at lesser health because of the mechanic, they 1. Made the game ridiculously easier than the first game, 2. Put far more bonfires (not to mention more obvious) in the game, to the point where it feels like you're playing a Crash Bandicoot game with checkpoints sometimes, and 3. Specifically created an item in the game to diminish the effect of health loss on death (the lowest your health can be reduced to is 75%, as opposed to 50%, I think).

It's awful, and there are a hundred ways to get around it (grind to level up your HP, seek out as many effigies as you can, etc), but overall it's the very definition of a pointless, arbitrary mechanic that doesn't really add to the games meager difficulty, and instead just works as an annoyance. It rewards players for running around with reduced health, scoping out the level/bosses, and then using an effigy to restore their max health once they're confident they can complete it. That's fine, but it's just kind of stupid.

One of the reasons I loved Dark Souls was venturing into the unknown at full strength, dealing with high difficulty, and having the chance to tackle things my first try. I remember running into the Izalith spider lady and having a hard time but taking her down first try. It was challenging but it was super satisfying to pull it off on my first run. In Dark Souls 2, I probably would have been going into that situation with 50% HP, and even if I did well, the limited HP would probably spell defeat. And THEN I would run through it again at low health once or twice, figure shit out, and THEN use an effigy and make a serious attempt.

But the saddest part is that I honestly never even really used effigies in DS2... There was no point. In Dark Souls there were bosses that could wipe you out in one or two hits. In DS2 even at 50% HP almost nothing can one shot you, so if you use an effigy to get back to 100% on top of that? The game becomes a cakewalk.

Anyways, enough DS2 hate. It's still a decent game on its own, it's just a sad excuse for a Dark Souls game.

I agree with this to an extent, but for me the much bigger issue was the significantly worse level, enemy and world design than from dark souls 1 (and to a somewhat lesser extent, ds3, although the world design of ds2/3 are very similar). Which really made the quality of the dlc pretty surprising; the level design is really, really good in the dlc.

For me it's DS1>>>DS3>>>>>>>>DS2

DS2 is still one of the best action/rpg games on the market imo, but compared to the other 2 in the series it's pretty mediocre

Really?  DS1 had undead status on death (reduced max HP), and 'humanity' was needed to restore max health too.  Am I missing something?

I didn't play DS2. 

Huh. Doctor Who The Eternity Clock isn't on Steam anymore. I was waiting on another sale that never came. I can not seem to find it anywhere else either.

edit: It was on PS3 too though if anybody actually wants to play it enough to go that route (probably not).
2zh4mso.png

+1 Intuition

Really? DS1 had undead status on death (reduced max HP), and 'humanity' was needed to restore max health too. Am I missing something?

I didn't play DS2.
Being hollow in DS1 has no penalties besides cosmetic.

It didn't knock down 75% of your max health.
Pretty sure that the maximum reduction is 50% HP, and with the ring it reduces up to 25%.

They must have patched and changed that then. Being hollow reduced your max health to about 75% in the 1.0 version of the game.
Yeah, possibly. I think everyone hated it, so they removed it, and yet they throw it right back in the next game for the same complaints, lol. Wonder if Miyazaki's lack of involvement had anything to do with that (among most of the other stupidities in the game).

Really? DS1 had undead status on death (reduced max HP), and 'humanity' was needed to restore max health too. Am I missing something?

I didn't play DS2.
I believe you are thinking of Demon's Souls. In that game death would cut your health down by half. If you wore a specific item it would only go down by 25%. Also dying in that game would make the game harder and harder as each death would bring the world closer to dark tendency. It was never a part of Dark Souls 1.

Last edited:

I didn't play DS2.
As far as I know DS1 had no penalty even on launch to max hp upon hollowing, being hollow only impacted whether you could participate in online play or experience events in the pve experience that simulate online play (for example, if hollowed you can't summon and you won't be invaded by npcs like madeater mildred). You did lose health if you were cursed, though.

Since someone asked me how Strafe compares to Heavy Bullets and Tower of Guns, here is a write up of various thoughts.

It is kind of like Heavy Bullets in a way. You go through procedural generated places like that, though I find Strafe looks a lot better. It may just be me, but the graphics of Heavy Bullets all just blend together. I can't ever see the worms in the bushes or such. I honestly didn't like Heavy Bullets much. It felt super generic overall though the idea of shooting and having to pick up your bullets is neat. I can't recommend it, and enjoyed Strafe a lot more.

Strafe doesn't compare as well with Tower of Guns, which I found was fun and I need to play more of. Tower of Guns has that arena in every room feel, while Strafe has corridors and level generation somewhat like a Doom or Quake or something like that. Also I saw Tower of Guns has items and upgrades and perks and such. Strafe just has gun upgrades and items you can get that do different things such as make you run faster or get a slightly OK drone that follows you around and shoots sometimes. I feel both of these games are pretty fun and maybe rate similarly so far. I need to play Tower of Guns more and will. Strafe also doesn't quite have the wild guns of Tower of Guns....just one primary getting upgraded different ways.

Honestly all these FPS rogue like games are pretty fun. Rogue Shooter and Heavy Bullets both felt pretty bland and boring, while Strafe and Tower of Guns are good fun. I think I prefer Ziggurat the most mainly cause it has a good mix of both Strafe and Tower of Guns. It has perks, multiple weapons, unlocks, different characters, arena like levels inside a decent looking generated floor and also has bosses.

Honestly with me having a few a few more hours with Strafe....I honestly like it. It's fun and hard and controls awesomely and is fun to get good at. It may not have as much variety as some of the others with unlocks and such, but it still has good random elements. Only thing I hate so much is that when going forward sometimes walls will open once you pass a point and enemies will appear. They could be either in previous places you've been, somewhere ahead of you or both. These are a pain and where I tend to lose health. I also hate when a bad guy appears out of nowhere since he feel from the side or something. These are a pain and I hope are patched out or made a bit more fair. I am glad I got Strafe though. It just feels fun and I'm mainly using the railgun/shotgun now. Rifle is decent but maybe doesn't pack enough of a punch for my tastes, though I feel the secondary attacks are some of the strongest.

Just a lot of 2 cents and hope it helps someone.

As cool as Dead Cells looks, the description is kind of silly. The devs pitch the game and its mechanics like it's some new thing that's never been done before. RogueVania? Like there's never been a Metroidvania type roguelike...? Procedural generation using chunks? That's like... the most common type of procedural generation there is.

Looks like a cool game (I'll personally wait till it's further along or out of early access), but it bugs me when devs create narratives like that.
Yeah, it uses chuncks, same levels will be very similar. Once you beat first boss in second level, you beat first boss you get skill that let's you use different route in first level, so I guess it has metroid elements too :D

I remembered what made DS2 so easy. Ring of Life Protection. Keep souls + humanity, breaks on death but you can repair it.
Yeah that pretty much broke the base game. In Scholar of the first sin though it's a lot more expensive to repair the ring so it's not really an effective strategy anymore

nice glad i grabbed the Alan Wake Franchise Pack Steam gift for 5 Bucks last year. Still sitting in My Inventory. Ill Probably buy another.

Last night the Bro Game was Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 or whatever that game is called.  We started off slow but had a few more join in a little later.  Jimbo was new to the game but quickly caught on and started killing folks left and right.  Weiler was new to the game as well and let people farm kills off him.  Malkan escaped from whatever facility he's been kept in and shot me with spears.  Spoder used his exclusive dev hacks to get 15-kill streaks and Fox was certainly there filling out the bottom of the board with me.  We discussed sharks and climate change and how sharks can take over the world if there's a climate change tsunami and also teen suicide.  It was decided that future Bro nights will be spent jointly watching Netflix's Teen Suicide Drama and discussing our feelings about the program and what we can do as a community.

Until then, we'll be calling one another names and killing people in BF1 tonight.  So, if you want to enjoy shooting people with Bros before we sunset into a video book club, you'll definitely want to be there.

Also, I was trying to remember the name of the 90s movie about bio-engineered intelligent sharks last night.  It was Deep Blue Sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCs2slK8GkY​

so, Dark Souls III season pass 50% off at humble, more with monthly, etc. chances it will be cheaper down the line? i mean, GG will have it 75% off in a few years. i'm saying like, by end of the year...

Can't they just remove the music in licensing dispute from Alan Wake? I think the same thing happened with Hitman Contracts
They'll do that about a week after the games are pulled. First they need to give it one last yuuuuuge squeeze to get the last drop of blood out of that stone. It's standard business practice.

After that will come the ReMastered versions ... Anal ReAwakenings perhaps?

I'm trying to buy overwatch from GMG,but the 20% voucher is not working :(

BTW, anyone know if the key is region locked or anything?
I think the 20% off voucher (7YEARS) may only be valid on the deal of the day?

I tried it on Overwatch and Just Cause 3 and no go, but did work on Civ6 which is the deal of the day.

Yeah, I was surprised. At first he was talking return labels, then he said:

Apparently the key is to be snippy about having to travel a block to the UPS store. He also sounded like he thought he was refunding just a cable and not the headset though, so don't ask me. Amazon sent me an email confirming the full refund though.
RIPORTED TO JEFF BOZOS!!!!!!!

Dungeons 2 - J57CA-2QR20-BR996

Galactic Civ Ultimate - RMD5X-BXZNE-CJZ3H

The following may or may not be already redeemed:

LIVEZA DEATH OF THE EARTH: 5P2ZT-NLQRD-V92D7
SWITCH GALAXY ULTRA: VKC9T-66CIY-YKVJM
BLOCK ACTION RPG: EJL87-57TIL-WPXWI
HECKABOMB: EHTP8-F7JDK-F322T
SPERMINATION: RIY4A-5VAGH-8FDMZ

bread's done
Back