Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Looks like Alan Wake is going to be pulled from Steam & Physical Retail... 

"Developer Remedy Entertainment revealed that the game will be removed from all physical and digital retail channels as of Monday, May 15 due to expiring music license rights. Remedy's planning a special 90-percent off Steam sale starting on Saturday so as many latecomers as possible can start hoarding batteries and blasting shadow zombies."

I cant imagine many dont already have this game though.

Alan Wake and Alan Wake CE (incl. said expiring music) is already -90% on IG if you don't have it and want to boycott steam.

EDIT: And get a Raiden XYZ key too. Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't they just remove the music in licensing dispute from Alan Wake? I think the same thing happened with Hitman Contracts
That involves actual work. And they probably can't be bothered.

Really, they'd have to do QA and stuff. I think the music is embedded in the videos too.

So much for hoping they'd add a pirate mode to the game...

That involves actual work. And they probably can't be bothered.

Really, they'd have to do QA and stuff. I think the music is embedded in the videos too.

So much for hoping they'd add a pirate mode to the game...
Gamers will also be whining about how they are getting a "lesser" game...because a lot of people whine about everything.

Just like when Rockstar removed some music from Vice City years ago and people whined about that

Game Billet has NBA Playgrounds for 15.99

https://www.gamebillet.com/nba-playgrounds?affiliate=1c8adfeb-78f3-4d89-9a91-5b697ec73e37

I don't see myself resisting at that price so I'll let everyone know how it goes... I've never heard of GameBillet.com
Ive bought from them before, nothing to worry about. I want Playgrounds, but its a $10 max game for me. I could also easily see it monthlied at some point and will definitely hit 50% once the season is over.

Gamers will also be whining about how they are getting a "lesser" game...because a lot of people whine about everything.

Just like when Rockstar removed some music from Vice City years ago and people whined about that
To be fair, the few tracks that were removed were really iconic and great music

"

· Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
· Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
· Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
· Kate Bush -"Wow"
· Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
· Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
· Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
· A couple of songs from Radio Espantoso "
Billie Jean alone is enough to understand why people were upset.
At least whenever I started GTA Vice City's new game that would be the song playing.

Well, to be fair, music in the GTA series is the stuff of legends and is a big deal. I was annoyed by that too and I'm not a Foxhacker.

Game Billet has NBA Playgrounds for 15.99

https://www.gamebillet.com/nba-playgrounds?affiliate=1c8adfeb-78f3-4d89-9a91-5b697ec73e37

I don't see myself resisting at that price so I'll let everyone know how it goes... I've never heard of GameBillet.com
So tempting!

Ive bought from them before, nothing to worry about. I want Playgrounds, but its a $10 max game for me. I could also easily see it monthlied at some point and will definitely hit 50% once the season is over.
Is this planned as a yearly franchise though? That and whether it is popular will probably be the biggest determinants of how fast this puppy will drop.

so, Dark Souls III season pass 50% off at humble, more with monthly, etc. chances it will be cheaper down the line? i mean, GG will have it 75% off in a few years. i'm saying like, by end of the year...
I'm giving this one some serious consideration. Best price the SP has been by far - think I'm probably going to go for it.

Not sure on the end of the season... They seem to want to add more too it.
Not enough people buy sports games to support keeping it at a $20 price point. Its not even a top seller on Steam. Its a game built for casuals. It will not thrive without a user base since it needs a player base for online as many people prefer playing vs humans than AI.

It will drop sooner rather than later.

Hardware question:

Those power cords that go from your power supply to the wall are interchangeable right?  I rearranged my office and now the cord from my monitor is a tad bit short so I was hoping I could just swap it out with any other longer one I have sitting around without worries. 

Hardware question:

Those power cords that go from your power supply to the wall are interchangeable right? I rearranged my office and now the cord from my monitor is a tad bit short so I was hoping I could just swap it out with any other longer one I have sitting around without worries.
Yea, those power cords are basically rated the same. The one I am using now came from a TV that we moved to another room and it was sitting in a box when I needed one.

Those power cords that go from your power supply to the wall are interchangeable right?
Let's hope so. Mine are all tossed into a big Tupperware storage box.

Did they actively remove the music from existing copies of GTA VC or was it a "new copies no longer get the music" thing like Mafia II?

Edit: I see that they actively pulled the songs from existing installations of GTA: SA so, yeah, that's definitely worthy of being bitched about.

Last night the Bro Game was Shark Attack Deathmatch 2 or whatever that game is called. We started off slow but had a few more join in a little later. Jimbo was new to the game but quickly caught on and started killing folks left and right. Weiler was new to the game as well and let people farm kills off him. Malkan escaped from whatever facility he's been kept in and shot me with spears. Spoder used his exclusive dev hacks to get 15-kill streaks and Fox was certainly there filling out the bottom of the board with me. We discussed sharks and climate change and how sharks can take over the world if there's a climate change tsunami and also teen suicide. It was decided that future Bro nights will be spent jointly watching Netflix's Teen Suicide Drama and discussing our feelings about the program and what we can do as a community.

Until then, we'll be calling one another names and killing people in BF1 tonight. So, if you want to enjoy shooting people with Bros before we sunset into a video book club, you'll definitely want to be there.

Also, I was trying to remember the name of the 90s movie about bio-engineered intelligent sharks last night. It was Deep Blue Sea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCs2slK8GkY​
Of course spoder did nothing but camp the only upgraded weapon/ammo in the game. I didnt even know the maps and would just wander into the camp zone and be dead before I even turned around, At least Jimbo started giving him a run for his money. Big shoutout to Fox for ensuring I didnt end up in last place most of the night.

Of course spoder did nothing but camp the only upgraded weapon/ammo in the game. I didnt even know the maps and would just wander into the camp zone and be dead before I even turned around, At least Jimbo started giving him a run for his money. Big shoutout to Fox for ensuring I didnt end up in last place most of the night.
lmao that was one map. I didn't do that for the other maps, I honestly get lost on them so I don't memorize the weapon locations.

After finding out just how much grinding is involved to unlock the full roster, I've lost a lot of interest in NBA Playgrounds. It's like a mobile game without the microtransactions. Doesn't help that when you earn unlocks, the players you get are completely random. Should have been like NBA Jam: Once you run the table and beat all the teams, you unlock the extended roster.

Also pretty weird that stars like Isaiah, Giannis, Klay and Booker are missing, but I suppose you need to make room for the likes of Kris Humphries, Ian Mahinmi and Dragan Bender somehow.

Did they actively remove the music from existing copies of GTA VC or was it a "new copies no longer get the music" thing like Mafia II?

Edit: I see that they actively pulled the songs from existing installations of GTA: SA so, yeah, that's definitely worthy of being bitched about.
As far as GTA VC is concerned the songs were pulled only from people who bought it after the license was pulled.

Even if you fresh install the game today the songs will be there if you bought the game before the license expiration.

Mafia II removed the songs from everybody.

Regardless of when you bought it the songs will be replaced with zero byte files.

And yeah GTA SA did remove the songs from everyone regardless of when bought as well.

It baffles me why owners from before the license expiration have to be affected when Rockstar have proven with GTA VC that didn't need to be the case.

BTW if anyone is affected by the Mafia II music removal I have a backup of the affected files I could upload if anyone is interested.

After finding out just how much grinding is involved to unlock the full roster, I've lost a lot of interest in NBA Playgrounds. It's like a mobile game without the microtransactions. Doesn't help that when you earn unlocks, the players you get are completely random. Should have been like NBA Jam: Once you run the table and beat all the teams, you unlock the extended roster.

Also pretty weird that stars like Isaiah, Giannis, Klay and Booker are missing, but I suppose you need to make room for the likes of Kris Humphries, Ian Mahinmi and Dragan Bender somehow.
*coughtheresatraineravailable*

As far as GTA VC is concerned the songs were pulled only from people who bought it after the license was pulled.

Even if you fresh install the game today the songs will be there if you bought the game before the license expiration.

Mafia II removed the songs from everybody.

Regardless of when you bought it the songs will be replaced with zero byte files.

And yeah GTA SA did remove the songs from everyone regardless of when bought as well.

It baffles me why owners from before the license expiration have to be affected when Rockstar have proven with GTA VC that didn't need to be the case.

BTW if anyone is affected by the Mafia II music removal I have a backup of the affected files I could upload if anyone is interested.
AFAIK Mafia 2 only had songs removed if you bought it after a certain point (close to when the license expired). If you got it from Humble when it got bundled with all DLC, then yeah you're missing some of the original songs.

You can check this by going to steamdb and comparing subs. If your license has "NME" depots, it means you've got the new version with replaced music. If it doesn't have those depots, you have the original music. For example..

Steam store version (what's on the store right now)

Version I activated a few years ago (I think I got it from gamefly or GMG for free, can't remember)

https://gleam.io/Timky/hell-warders-2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/628710/Hell_Warders/

Says "Hell Warders for Beta Testing" so probably going to get revoked.
Thats not always true. "For Beta Testing" just means that the key was generated before release. I've gotten probably 20-30 games that say that that were never revoked.

That being said, this is specifically for a beta. It even says so on the graphic at the gleam page and when I activated the key its listed as "Hell Warders - Beta" in library. If it just said "Hell Warders" thats not a given it gets revoked. This is likely a different package.

Not enough people buy sports games to support keeping it at a $20 price point. Its not even a top seller on Steam. Its a game built for casuals. It will not thrive without a user base since it needs a player base for online as many people prefer playing vs humans than AI.

It will drop sooner rather than later.
Everything not named GTA drops sooner rather than later but I hear ya... I might be wrong also on the added stuff. I played a few AI games and multiplayer opened up which I thought was a future patch. Maybe its the friends as the future patch?

My quick thoughts...

The Good; Its fun! (other thoughts that don't really go with "the good" its not NBA Jam or NBA street. Its something new.)

The Bad; You can customize keyboard controls but not controller. Controller buttons are all messed up. Shoot/Block/Rebound should all be on the same button. Its easy to pick up your dribble as there's an elbow button (and it makes you elbow even when on the move, meaning you stop.)

The Ugly: I cannot turn down the music. It resets as soon as I leave the menu.

Oh, REDS, I got David Robinson (Epic) and Jason Kidd (Epic) before even playing a game. :)

Thats not always true. "For Beta Testing" just means that the key was generated before release. I've gotten probably 20-30 games that say that that were never revoked.

That being said, this is specifically for a beta. It even says so on the graphic at the gleam page and when I activated the key its listed as "Hell Warders - Beta" in library. If it just said "Hell Warders" thats not a given it gets revoked. This is likely a different package.
I couldn't care enough to see how it showed up in library. I just add free keys just in case they can result in cards.

AFAIK Mafia 2 only had songs removed if you bought it after a certain point (close to when the license expired). If you got it from Humble when it got bundled with all DLC, then yeah you're missing some of the original songs.

You can check this by going to steamdb and comparing subs. If your license has "NME" depots, it means you've got the new version with replaced music. If it doesn't have those depots, you have the original music. For example..

Version I activated a few years ago (I think I got it from gamefly or GMG for free, can't remember)
Hmm it seems I had the version from before the change but have since activated a key for the deluxe edition which moved me over to the new version. That's okay I still have the files and can add them back whenever.

This is an oddly-compelling topic for me for some reason, probably because I'm playing Mafia III right now and the music is actually an integral part of the experience (as it was in Vice City). My question is whether anyone knows how these removals work on console versions of games (yes, I'm reverting this to a console thread). If, for example, I bought a Mafia 2 Blu-ray for my PS3, would I still be able to install and play it with the original music after the license expired? Or would the game patch the music files out?

Hmm it seems I had the version from before the change but have since activated a key for the deluxe edition which moved me over to the new version.
Yeah, that Deluxe Edition overwrite was kind of a dick move. I like the game (played it a couple times through) and thought about getting it just for the extra DLC extras but heard about that song overwrite :speaktothehand:

Yeah, that Deluxe Edition overwrite was kind of a dick move. I like the game (played it a couple times through) and thought about getting it just for the extra DLC extras but heard about that song overwrite :speaktothehand:
Well like I said if that bothers you I have the missing song files. You can just overwrite and everything is back the way it was.

The only thing they did is replace the songs with zero byte files which get skipped over when the normal queue to play them hits.

Putting the proper files back in makes everything play like normal. Would you like me to post them? Then you can have the DLC and the music.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, at Parallacks' house....

4bEADHi.jpg

Everything not named GTA drops sooner rather than later but I hear ya... I might be wrong also on the added stuff. I played a few AI games and multiplayer opened up which I thought was a future patch. Maybe its the friends as the future patch?

My quick thoughts...

The Good; Its fun! (other thoughts that don't really go with "the good" its not NBA Jam or NBA street. Its something new.)

The Bad; You can customize keyboard controls but not controller. Controller buttons are all messed up. Shoot/Block/Rebound should all be on the same button. Its easy to pick up your dribble as there's an elbow button (and it makes you elbow even when on the move, meaning you stop.)

The Ugly: I cannot turn down the music. It resets as soon as I leave the menu.

Oh, REDS, I got David Robinson (Epic) and Jason Kidd (Epic) before even playing a game. :)
Mavs Kidd or Nets Kidd?

This is an oddly-compelling topic for me for some reason, probably because I'm playing Mafia III right now and the music is actually an integral part of the experience (as it was in Vice City). My question is whether anyone knows how these removals work on console versions of games (yes, I'm reverting this to a console thread). If, for example, I bought a Mafia 2 Blu-ray for my PS3, would I still be able to install and play it with the original music after the license expired? Or would the game patch the music files out?
Well there was that time with Little Big Planet where a song was patched out to be altered because the song had lyrics ripped straight out of the Quran. It had to be changed because it offended some people. Also Castlevania Symphony Of The Night on xbox 360 has a patch that removes the song I Am The Wind because of licensing related to the vocal performer of the song. Of course leaving the game unpatched allows you to still hear the original song in Castlevania and in first print copies of Little Big Planet.

Mavs Kidd or Nets Kidd?
Mavs... Though I think even current players who now suck have their best years counted. Wade is an epic, Kidd is a Epic. Dwight Howard is above avg.

I picked up one legend (Bill Russel) and a few more epics (Wade - Bulls, Kawani Leonard). (And I really should be asleep right now!)

Still no Stockton or Malone. :(

You would have the full version because its whats on the Blu Ray disc.

So... On Steam is there a way I can look at my game library and know what version of a game I have? (Pretty sure I have prefucked with Mafia II but I don't know.)

Mavs... Though I think even current players who now suck have their best years counted. Wade is an epic, Kidd is a Epic. Dwight Howard is above avg.

I picked up one legend (Bill Russel) and a few more epics (Wade - Bulls, Kawani Leonard). (And I really should be asleep right now!)

Awesome, that's the only Kidd I acknowledge. Game is sounding tempting, though I do have NBA Jam on PS3.

Man... I might be tempted to pick this game up sooner rather than later.

I could really go for some Stockton to Malone tag teaming. I loved NBA Jam. I also spent far too much time playing Basketball and Basketball related video games in the 90s. You know, back when soreness and responsibility weren't present. Good times.

[90% off Alan Wake Steam-version news]

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/863012017833218049
Already covered, as I own both on Steam + GoG.

Still ain't finished AW original, never-mind American Nightmare.

Everyone else who is missing this - looks like a great time to buy.

Now we just need a 90% off Quantum Break Steam-version.

EDIT:

Sort of gaming deal:

Woot has the Battlefield 1 Collector's Edition stuff (WITH NO GAME INCLUDED) for $17.99 (plus $5 shipping I believe):

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/battlefield-1-collectors-set-no-game

Main thing is a 14'' statue. I know Seasonal CAG and perpetual upgrader Headpiece has it and it looks pretty cool.
Would've been an amazing deal, if it actually included the damn BF1 PC game.

Since it don't contain BF1 game...

[Dr. Who Rain GIF]

Supposedly a couple of G710+ keyboards left  at one store near me for $49.  Not the steal that $20 would be but it is still a good price.   Almost tempted to make the trip to get a backup in case mine fails.  I love this keyboard and it has several years of use now.  I highly recommend it to anyone who can get in for a good price.  

I don't think the newer ones like the G910 have the USB port on the back which I use all the time.

Wait - what (on Mafia 2)?

I had an old copy of Mafia 2 (before getting the DLC) + also got the Deluxe Ed from Humble.

So, did I get the upgrade w/ more game-content, but lose old music?

If I lost the music - can it be modded back in?

If you keep the update for GTA SA on Steam - can the songs be modded back into GTA SA?

I still have a retail copy of SA. Same goes for GTA3 + VC, also.

EDIT:

This is an oddly-compelling topic for me for some reason, probably because I'm playing Mafia III right now and the music is actually an integral part of the experience (as it was in Vice City).
Oh, yes - the Mafia 3 music is fantastic. Not only is it great when it's played on the in-game radio, setting the era and the scene - but often, when something happens in a mission or a cut-scene, just like SR:TT, they seem to play the right song just at the moment in time.

bread's done
Back