Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, although not exactly sure what I'm wanting to pick up. I usually just browse and see what the sales are.
Same here... I usually find myself disappointed with the sales of newer games and find myself going and buying the complete series of games that brought me enjoyment in my younger days...

I do think Witcher 3 GotY will be mine this time... But I know I'll want to play them in order and I haven't really touched 1 or 2.

Mods for this could be mindblowing. Glad to see FPW on PC.
Can't wait to see CAG matches...first up:

DRABE

drunk-abraham-lincoln_fb_2540789.jpg

vs MysterD

:
snes-toaster.jpg

RASSLE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here... I usually find myself disappointed with the sales of newer games and find myself going and buying the complete series of games that brought me enjoyment in my younger days...

I do think Witcher 3 GotY will be mine this time... But I know I'll want to play them in order and I haven't really touched 1 or 2.
I just bought Witcher 3 GotY recently when it went down to $25 on Steam. If it goes lower, you're welcome. I thought I was the last one in the world to play that.

So we're officially 24 hours (and a few minutes) away from the annual letdown known as the Steam Summer Sale! What are your targets and price points?

Mine:

- Witcher 3 Expansion Pass - As long as this matches its historical low, I'll be getting it finally. New GPU warrants playing the game through.

- Everspace - Have wanted this for a while. A likely monthly title at some point down the line, but I'll bite at better than 50% if pickings are slim.

- Dishonored 2 - Need 66%. I don't expect it, but a potential last minuter at 50% if Im itching to buy something. MSRP drop helps.

- NiER Automata - I don't expect to be getting this as I cant imagine anything more than 33% off, but I'm interested in where it falls now with eyes to a potential winter sale pick up.

- Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter - 75% or bust

- God Eater 2 - 75% or bust, but I expect this to hit a Humble so may even skip it. Another "I just want to spend money" sort of buy.

There's others Id be interested in but there's not a lot I'm really targeting. There's a thread on Neogaf that goes up every sale about hidden gems that I always like to look at and I typically will get something I never expect to, but as per the usual of late I expect to be extremely disappointed :D I'd also like to see a really good glitch as its been a while since we had one.

I just bought Witcher 3 GotY recently when it went down to $25 on Steam. If it goes lower, you're welcome. I thought I was the last one in the world to play that.
Frankly, it doesn't need to go any lower. I would be happy at that price. I just need to buy it. I've certainly spent more on a game I backlogged.

I'm in kind of a "meh" space for the sale.  Anything that really grabbed my eye, I already bought early because I wanted it.  Other new stuff that I didn't care enough to buy near launch, I won't feel like buying for 20-33% off either.  There might be some indie titles that were well regarded  that go on sale deep enough to interest me but I can't think of a single title I'm looking for.

So we're officially 24 hours (and a few minutes) away from the annual letdown known as the Steam Summer Sale! What are your targets and price points?
- I'd like to see GTA V hit $20 (not likely)

- Act of Aggression - Reboot Edition ..... I'd jump for $7.50

I've got Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 in the queue following a new video card purchase so I'm not pressed to go for anything that isn't a new low price.

Edit: GBKeroberos reminded me about Redout...I'll definitely be on the lookout for that. I'd probably go up to $15 for the complete version.

Ok, so June 22nd to probably July 4th or 5th will more than likely be the sale dates. Humble Monthly doesn't drop until July 7th, so you're looking at not buying anything from Steam until at least the 23rd (Fri) or 24th (Sat) if you want to get in on the 2 week refund period that will cover the 14 day Steam refund period in case something you bought is in the Monthly. 

I'm thinking of fakeying Get Even or PUBG since I'm flush with gabenbux.

Hoping for a decent sale on some of these:

Back in 1995

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Redout (wish I bought it when it was on eBay for ~$7)
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

Blackwake
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (wish I bought it when it was bundled)

The Witcher 3

It annoys me how The Witcher 3 base game gets a weak discount compared to the GOTY edition (I think it was only $1 less than GOTY during the last sale). I tend not to play DLC unless I LOVE a game so I'd much rather have the game by itself.

I would love to buy GTA V at a sub $20 price but that ain't never happening and if Gog ever decides to lower the price of the expansion pass for the vanilla version 

On another topic Is idle master still the best way to get idle for cards or is there any other software?

I'd like to see Resident Evil 0 and the original HD Remasters go on sale for more than 55% off. They've both been out for quite some time now and haven't seen a major discount.

I would love to buy GTA V at a sub $20 price but that ain't never happening and if Gog ever decides to lower the price of the expansion pass for the vanilla version

On another topic Is idle master still the best way to get idle for cards or is there any other software?
Archi's Steam Farm + ASFui. Idle Master is still good if you wanna use the idle glitch. Use Steam Economy Enhancer for selling cards

My Steam sale targets:

Doom: MSRP dropped to $30 recently, so I'd bite on a $10/66% off sale. Probably only goes to $15/50% off, though.

Dead Cells: Hoping it goes on sale for the same price as it did during its first week. Likely will still get it even if it doesn't.

MGS V: Humble had it for $8 last month, hoping for the same.

Sacrifices has to be made to keep glitch gods happy.

Seems like other series were gltiched too:

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers
Super Lovers
Myriad Colors Phantom World
Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Atraraxia
Brave Witches
Ange Vierge
Izetta: The Last Witch

Not really sure what'll grab, in the same boat that a lot of what I really wanted I've grabbed already. Probably end up getting Planet Coaster for whatever crap discount it has, Lacrosse 16 if they ever discount it, a Sherlock Holmes game if they ever give the newer ones a good discount, probably Steep for a crap discount, Mankind Divided so I can be disappointed in more than the sale, SimAirport if it gets a discount (tide over til I fakey AirportCEO in a month), Another Brick in the Mall depending on discount, oh an Tower!3D DLC even without a discount. 

...Okay so more than I thought but nothing that's a "OMG, I can't wait!!" level of interest. 

Also, what'll be more fun:

A) Counting how long it takes for the Steam Store to not be broken tomorrow

B) The disappointment posts

C) Haul posts containing $100+ dollars of games, after saying the sale was disappointing or the worst yet.

Hoping for Cheap (under $20) Shadow Warrior 2.  Ever since FissFiss got my key on the livestream, I've been bitter.

Not expecting much else to be excited about.'

Maybe the sticker game won't be broken!

I find it's best to assume disappointment going into these "big" sales. Gone are the days of high anticipation and excitement I'm afraid. Maybe that just means we're all old and seasoned in the way of Steam sales. Although...

- If the Witcher 3 - Expansion Pass hits 50% off or better I think that's something I'll pickup.

- I'm still eyeing The Surge and hoping for a nice discount, but I doubt anything more than 33% off.

- Same goes for Shadow Warrior 2, Sniper Elite 4, and Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. Something in the fantasy range of 40-50% off and I'd probably bite.

- Indie stuff like Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Aragami, Cryptark, P.A.M.E.L.A., and Edith Finch I could be tempted into buying before they end up in a Humble Bundle.

I'm not expecting much, but maybe there'll be a nice surprise or two to allow me to unload some Steam Wallet (that's burning a hole in my pocket).

Unless I've floored by some discounts on the random indie shit on my wishlist, I might just end up doing PUBG from GMG and NBA Playgrounds and FirePro Wrestling on Steam.  Seems like you either fakey the fuck out of games to get maximum enjoyment or get disappointed by lackluster sales for years, buy the game, and see it get bundled 2 weeks and 1 day later. 

Unless I've floored by some discounts on the random indie shit on my wishlist, I might just end up doing PUBG from GMG and NBA Playgrounds and FirePro Wrestling on Steam. Seems like you either fakey the fuck out of games to get maximum enjoyment or get disappointed by lackluster sales for years, buy the game, and see it get bundled 2 weeks and 1 day later.
#NeverForgetJadeEmpire

It also got bundled Steam version eventually I think.  Somehow I have it on Steam and I didn't buy it during the sale and I don't double dip on my Origin games like some people do. 

- Dishonored 2 - Need 66%. I don't expect it, but a potential last minuter at 50% if Im itching to buy something.
Dishonored 2 is great, provided you have a PC w/ a nice graphics card that can handle it & can find settings you are happy with running it at. It was a steal for $20, back when Dell had Dishonored 2 PC retail box [Steam version] on sale that cheap w/ free shipping.

Im hoping for an 80% off on top of 50% off glitch on the payday2 bundle so I can complete mine at the price its worth

Couple random items I never would have thought about buying, but Ill know them when I see them

Fakeying about 3 titles as I say fuck it, these prices suck, so why not

So my local GameStop has the first Watchdogs for $0.97. Think this is worth picking up to try and sell/trade?

So my local GameStop has the first Watchdogs for $0.97. Think this is worth picking up to try and sell/trade?
What do you think you can get for it?

If you don't own the game for yourself yet - it's a steal at 97 cents. It isn't spectacular, but it ain't horrible either. The storyline + character stuff is predictable and disappointing, but I had a blast w/ the cool mix of GTA-style gameplay; stealth gameplay; and hacking elements of the game.

Speaking of refunds, if you gift from alt, you get 30 days of no questions asked refunds. (But I think you can schedule in future and get even more, but you can't change those settings after payment.

What do you think you can get for it?

If you don't own the game for yourself yet - it's a steal at 97 cents. It isn't spectacular, but it ain't horrible either. The storyline + character stuff is predictable and disappointing, but I had a blast w/ the cool mix of GTA-style gameplay; stealth gameplay; and hacking elements of the game.
I do own it, but I thought it wouldn't be bad to have a spare if someone wanted it in exchange for a Humble monthly game or something since I don't subscribe to it.

I already got my Steam Summer Sale game. I got the last $7 Pillars of Eternity from my local Wal-Mart yesterday morning.

I hope to get enough money from my alt farms to buy Doom.

bread's done
Back