Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Humble hackers gamers geeks audiobooks bundle and the Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokemon book was wrote by a former Institute on Media and the Family spokesman. Do not want.
Chapter 4: How Ms. Pac-Man Radicalized Feminism & Made Your Daughter a Lesbian

I was looking at the Humble hackers gamers geeks audiobooks bundle and the Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokemon book was wrote by a former Institute on Media and the Family spokesman. Do not want.
Two of the books are region locked.

Humble can get bent.

I bought god eater 2, farcry 4 gold, ac rogue, defense grid 2, dungeon hearts and batman ak for about $26. From nuuvem :D
Bleh.

I hate living in a country that's just poor enough that US prices are high but rich enough that we don't qualify for lower prices on stores like Nuuvem.

I own the book, and it's a pretty interesting history through the 16-bit era at least. There's a chapter on Lieberman's 1993 hearings, and a section toward the end on the Brownback hearings. Neither section does much moralizing if that's why you're avoiding it. If it's a principle thing, more power to you.

Anyways, the IT guy at my last job is thanked in the Acknowledgements of the book in a very backhanded kind of way with research help. He maintained a webpage through the employer with a listing of points he disputed. This still amuses me.

Brodate:

Last night we played the worst game ever, GTA V. Only Parallacks showed up because Bah pulled a GBK and deleted the game. The night consisted of me taking almost the full two hours to complete the online tutorial because I suck so much and Parallacks waiting graciously to play a few pity rounds with me at the end. Tonight we play Rainbow Six Siege where I have already completed the tutorial so no worries there.

Also, new sexy spoder bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/dharker
Wow, is GTA5's GTA Online portion is that bad, eh?

I haven't tested it out yet, despite digging GTA5 Single Player Campaign.

That was just a joke about all the bad reviews when people got mad they disabled mods. Game itself is fine and I had fun doing the online MP.

Also, picked up my Ass Creed Unity from Gamestop. Was the limited edition with some bonus DLC mission so that was nice. Had like 5 DVDs for those who like those.

It's worse than grinding in a JRPG an MMO and a Mobile phone game combined. It's this way because they want you to buy their shitty shark cards. it would be like if the jobs in the single player campaign that payout $1000 only gave you one dollar. On top of that the prices for buying the items in multiplayer are incredibly inflated and if your car gets destroyed you lose out on that money. There is an option to buy insurance for the cars which has to be payed each time a car gets destroyed. Considering this is GTA and online where people are dicks expect to pay over and over and over again.

Of course this was my experience from when the game first came out on consoles so who knows it may have gotten better. However considering Take 2 want to further monetize the game when it is already monetized the fuck out of I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
On top of that the prices for buying the items in multiplayer are incredibly inflated and if your car gets destroyed you lose out on that money. There is an option to buy insurance for the cars which has to be payed each time a car gets destroyed.
lolwut? Did you play for longer than 5 minutes? Buying insurance for your car is cheap as fuck, you'll probably have enough money after just 1 job (Plus I think if you order cars off the website they automatically come with insurance). And if another player destroys your car, they have to pay the "restoration fee", not you. The only times you'll have to pay is if the cops or other NPCs destroy your car (uncommon, depends on how much you like throwing explosives) or if you're a dumbass like me and destroy your own car by driving it into the river...

Other than that though, your complaints about everything being overpriced is accurate. They definitely do want you to buy shark cards. Especially with the newer stuff, it can take days of grinding to buy the new "toy" whatever it is. But then again, you don't "have" to have it. The only things you really "need" are an apartment so you can start heists, and the Armored (bulletproof) Kuruma to faceroll through most of the missions. Everything else is icing on the cake and it's great if you have it, but not a big deal if you don't. I don't own any tanks, or planes or helicopters and I can still complete all the missions and have fun doing it.

Having said all that, I've actually been playing a lot of GTA online recently (with the new gunrunning update). If anyone wants to play, add me on steam or rockstar. Also a few tips for new players. If you want money, open up your cellphone, go to "quick jobs" and do "contact missions". Those are usually relatively easy (read: can be done with random pugs) and pay out anywhere from $10k to $20k. Heists should only be done with people you know or trust, doing it with randoms is a nightmare.

Also inb4 Blade "gta is for 13 yr old loser wannabe-criminals who go around running over prostitutes lolol"

Last edited by a moderator:
...Heists should only be done with people you know or trust, doing it with randoms is a nightmare.
Did one heist with randoms. As soon as the game starts, a guy driving a crotch rocket without his helmet on drove straight into crossing traffic, crashed into a van and died. Then he quit and it kicked us back to the menu. All within 10 seconds of the mission start.

Never tried playing Heists with randoms again after that.

Of course this was my experience from when the game first came out on consoles so who knows it may have gotten better. However considering Take 2 want to further monetize the game when it is already monetized the fuck out of I highly doubt it.
Sounds more like Take $2000 Entertainment.

lolwut? Did you play for longer than 5 minutes? Buying insurance for your car is cheap as fuck, you'll probably have enough money after just 1 job (Plus I think if you order cars off the website they automatically come with insurance). And if another player destroys your car, they have to pay the "restoration fee", not you. The only times you'll have to pay is if the cops or other NPCs destroy your car (uncommon, depends on how much you like throwing explosives) or if you're a dumbass like me and destroy your own car by driving it into the river...

Other than that though, your complaints about everything being overpriced is accurate. They definitely do want you to buy shark cards. Especially with the newer stuff, it can take days of grinding to buy the new "toy" whatever it is. But then again, you don't "have" to have it. The only things you really "need" are an apartment so you can start heists, and the Armored (bulletproof) Kuruma to faceroll through most of the missions. Everything else is icing on the cake and it's great if you have it, but not a big deal if you don't. I don't own any tanks, or planes or helicopters and I can still complete all the missions and have fun doing it.

Having said all that, I've actually been playing a lot of GTA online recently (with the new gunrunning update). If anyone wants to play, add me on steam or rockstar. Also a few tips for new players. If you want money, open up your cellphone, go to "quick jobs" and do "contact missions". Those are usually relatively easy (read: can be done with random pugs) and pay out anywhere from $10k to $20k. Heists should only be done with people you know or trust, doing it with randoms is a nightmare.

Also inb4 Blade "gta is for 13 yr old loser wannabe-criminals who go around running over prostitutes lolol"
I played a lot of the online on PS3 when online first came out. Heists weren't available until long after. I don't know if it got better since then. I just bought it again on Steam yesterday. If it is better now than it was on launch for console then great. I'm looking forward to a better experience.

Also it seems the thing where I was paying to get my car fixed when people were blowing my shit up was a glitch back then.

Wait, when did we start talking about deals and games again? I gotta fix this... Saw Baby Driver yesterday.  fuck ing awesome movie! Also, something something David Lynch and Twin Peaks. There, much better. No need to thank me, but you're welcome anyway.

Wait, when did we start talking about deals and games again? I gotta fix this... Saw Baby Driver yesterday. fuck ing awesome movie! Also, something something David Lynch and Twin Peaks. There, much better. No need to thank me, but you're welcome anyway.
You are behind the times. We are now talking about Transexual video game characters and whether or not we should masterbate to them.

I don't know that there was really a discussion about trans peeps, so much as one guy who is really really mad about them being in a game he could have played, if only there wasn't that trans character that you barely interact with, so now he can't play, cuz just seeing that tranny monster might send him into a tailspin of sexual debauchery. Oh I mean he hates them. That's right.

has arkham knight been pretty much fixed on pc at this point
As far as this goes, it seems to run pretty well for me, haven't noticed any horrible frame drops or anything.

The most exciting part of the year is when these big Steam sales end. Can't believe there's another week of this hell.

btw, I've always been of the opinion that The Division has the best nighttime blizzards in all of gaming, but I never really appreciated just how amazing The Division's nighttime blizzards truly are until I experienced them in ULTRAWIDE.

Game of the year has been released

http://bubsy3d.com/
Man, that one takes me back. I remember when I first got linked to it years ago.

The game actually has a super secret chatroom in it. If you use the code "ghost" and then just wait around for 5-10 minutes, you enter ghost chat. If anyone else is currently playing the game, you can actually talk to them. Or at least you could back then - I have no idea if it's still online in the downloadable form.

Meh I'll pick it up then, $6 why not.

Really bummed Friday the 13th wasn't on sale, was the main thing I wanted. Can't really justify it for $40.

Great. Mortal Kombat XL is $4.59 on Gamersgate Latin America. Much cheaper than Steam. So I figure, at that price, I should buy it.

And my order got selected for manual review.

Something tells me it'll get blocked because of my PayPal account being American...

Great. Mortal Kombat XL is $4.59 on Gamersgate Latin America. Much cheaper than Steam. So I figure, at that price, I should buy it.

And my order got selected for manual review.

Something tells me it'll get blocked because of my PayPal account being American...
Don't sweat it. Even if they do just send them an email. They will unlock it. I got my account locked and unlocked buying from Russia at least 3 times before deciding it wasn't worth the effort.

i'm not even a quality seasonal CAG. I missed the first week of the steam sale.
No you didn't! The second week is just the same as the first. You can even still do all the pointless sticker quests they've put up so far.

You did, however, miss out on clicking through your queue a few dozen times and earning a handful of cards that are selling for pennies. So wring your hands about that if you're seeking a little penance for your misdeeds.

No you didn't! The second week is just the same as the first. You can even still do all the pointless sticker quests they've put up so far.

You did, however, miss out on clicking through your queue a few dozen times and earning a handful of cards that are selling for pennies. So wring your hands about that if you're seeking a little penance for your misdeeds.
Those Metro Last Lights add up, man...

It's bizarre to me that anyone really cares about achievements.  I have never once saw someone else's achievement and thought "Wow, I'm really impressed" or even "Wow, I moderately care".  But even if I don't really "get it", I can at least understand, theoretically, the mindset behind "I'm going to try for this goal" when it comes to rare achievements or ones indicating particular skill.  But what's the point of these games that are just achievement farms so your feed can say "Syntax Error got this, this, that, this +133" ?

Some people are just weird.

It's bizarre to me that anyone really cares about achievements their Steam Library count. I have never once saw someone else's achievement Steam Library Count and thought "Wow, I'm really impressed" or even "Wow, I moderately care". But even if I don't really "get it", I can at least understand, theoretically, the mindset behind "I'm going to try for this goal" when it comes to rare achievements or ones indicating particular skill OCD collectors. But what's the point of these games that are just achievement +1 to Steam Library Count farms so your feed can say "Syntax Error got this, this, that, this +133" ?

ftfy

Yep, I understand the achievement hunters, but I doubt they'd be turned on by a game that's just like "HERE'S 7000 ACHIEVEMENTS!"

I saw a game the other day whose main selling point was 7000 achievements and I thought, wow, great job at trying to vet the games on your service.  

It's weird, but I assume these types of games appeal to the hoarder who is ashamed so they want to give the illusion they play their games by getting 7000 achievements and making their achievement count on Steam look higher.  

It's bizarre to me that anyone really cares about achievements. I have never once saw someone else's achievement and thought "Wow, I'm really impressed" or even "Wow, I moderately care". But even if I don't really "get it", I can at least understand, theoretically, the mindset behind "I'm going to try for this goal" when it comes to rare achievements or ones indicating particular skill. But what's the point of these games that are just achievement farms so your feed can say "Syntax Error got this, this, that, this +133" ?

According to a review that popped up on my activity feed regarding the "Sisters in hotel" game, all the achievements are called "New_Achievement_Name."

bread's done
Back