Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Im going to spoder this game and never buy it. The heat meter on this is firmly pegged at 0 kelvin. Take an elimination game and pad it with 15 mins of boring loot collection. I guess ill have my friday night free pretty soon. :-({|=
Its not boring. You jump out of a plane with your homies then you have to loot houses and shit to get shit so you dont get killed and shit, then you run around and try to kill everyone else and shit.

The game is designed so everyone is forced to keep moving, so its quite action packed, even tactical espc if you're with a squad, and very intense. I was impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess ill have my friday night free pretty soon.
Eh, doubt it. Some other game will be PBUG-Day.

Or, if not, you can always play DbD with Spoder.

Speaking of, I am not on board with revising "Spodering" to mean NOT getting a game. :shame: And whining about elimination games is already Weilering so you're all set.

Im going to spoder this game and never buy it. The heat meter on this is firmly pegged at 0 kelvin. Take an elimination game and pad it with 15 mins of boring loot collection. I guess ill have my friday night free pretty soon. :-({|=
Your criticisms are spot on. Hit the ground, loot nearest houses, run for 10 minutes while the playing field shrinks.

It also looks kinda assey and runs like crap.

That being said, it was way more fun than I was anticipating. Loot is plentiful and varied (I was stupid jealous of Bah's trenchcoat), and boredom rarely sets in since everyone is also running towards the same destination. Even being dead and spectating your squadmates for 5-10 minutes wasn't awful, and i'm the guy who usually ragequits most youtube simulators.

These type of games have a limited shelf life, and $22 isn't bad for couple months of spofofun. Also, I don't think Bah swore the entire time we were playing, which has to count for something.

Also, I don't think Bah swore the entire time we were playing, which has to count for something.
How do you return a game to GMG?

It also looks kinda assey and runs like crap.
From what I've heard (and I may be wrong), it's also one of those games where you get a mechanical advantage by turning down the graphic settings (no shadows, lighter foliage, etc).

It may run like crap but I assume if Fox can play it on his Goodwill computer with 386 processor and Voodoo 2 card, I should be able to hack it.

From what I've heard (and I may be wrong), it's also one of those games where you get a mechanical advantage by turning down the graphic settings (no shadows, lighter foliage, etc).

It may run like crap but I assume if Fox can play it on his Goodwill computer with 386 processor and Voodoo 2 card, I should be able to hack it.
Yea Parallacks is dead on. It ran poorly. I was concerned at first but knocking the settings down made it enjoyable.

Wrong. They updated the low settings glitch/less foliage.

It's in EA, but will be out in a few months. Might as well just keep it.

How many megabytes of memory are we talking about on that Voodoo 2 card?

I played pub for like 10 minutes earlier, saw 1 person, killed him with a pistol, and then got shot trying to drive away in a buggy. I made it to like 39, which is like way better than I assumed I would make it my first time.  Fun game.

So...  Gal Gun has the perviest DLC on Steam.  Game is currently $9.99.  

DLC is called 'Pheromone Z' Item.   Described as follows: "Adds 'Pheromone Z' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the sight zoom can see through clothes instantly."  This alone would make it appeal to some of the pervier CAGs, but wait - it can be yours for only $89.99!  You've got to be pretty committed to want to spend that much to be able to view Hello Kitty underoos.  Two of my friends have this on their wishlist.  According to ITAD, it's never been discounted.

I was very close to getting it and even got a coupon (thanks weretable!), but was too slow to use it. So I am back to undecided.
Send me a PM if you want it for $22.

I played pub for like 10 minutes earlier, saw 1 person, killed him with a pistol, and then got shot trying to drive away in a buggy. I made it to like 39, which is like way better than I assumed I would make it my first time. Fun game.
I'm usually amazed how many people manage to die immediately.

Heads up - Chrono.gg just added two "coming soon" entries to their coin shop, with a 2500 and 3000 coin value.

They still haven't been able to get rid of the poop keys...

All this PUBG talk weakened my already feeble mind and I bought it. Regretted the instant I hit submit as I have no intentions to play the sonofabitch. I don't know how much that dude is paying you guys to hock his wares, but you've earned it, crooked fuck ers.

One of these days I am going to come in and not be too tired and I will play PUBG.  I haven't played it since buying it.  I need to stop working in the yard until 11:00 at night.  Its just so NICE out then.  And I bought a really bright LED headlamp on impulse one day at Wally world and... yeah.  So no angry sun trying to kill me, just mosquitoes and candlebugs hitting me in the face because I have a light on top of my head.  

Audio buying spree update to my earlier post, I have changed my mind about the E10K and decided on an E17K instead.  Mostly due to Fox mentioning not using his portable one and I realized that I listen to my iPod all the time and after reading up, I know I can use this one with both my phone and my iPod and it is still pretty good for the desktop as well.  It also opens up the possibility of using the Fiio K5 dock for additional performance if/when I get a more powerful set of at-home headphones.  Not sure why I didn't consider the portability of these things when I started looking into them since part of the reason I went with the cheaper headphones from Newegg was portability with the intention of getting some more expensive ones later for at-home only use.  Anyway.  A bit bulky to take on a run but it will be nice for other situations.

Someone elsewhere mentioned a few days ago that low settings eliminated shadows. True or false?
If I remember right they patched out the ability for people to turn shadows off through command prompt. With all in game settings on low there are still shadows and foliage.

I don't know if it's my hdd or the memory leak or what but each consecutive match I do I have a harder and harder time loading the map to where occassionally I have to wait a min or so before the buildings actually load which drives me crazy. Other than that I've had no issues which isn't bad for early access and the game is super addicting. The adrenaline rush when you make it to top 10 is crazy.

I don't know if it's my hdd or the memory leak or what but each consecutive match I do I have a harder and harder time loading the map to where occassionally I have to wait a min or so before the buildings actually load which drives me crazy. Other than that I've had no issues which isn't bad for early access and the game is super addicting. The adrenaline rush when you make it to top 10 is crazy.
your not the first to say that. Alot of my friends have commented how their performance seems to get worse and worse with each map

For me I havent noticed a performance degradation as long as the game hasnt crashed, but usually it will crash for me every 3-4th round

your not the first to say that. Alot of my friends have commented how their performance seems to get worse and worse with each map

For me I havent noticed a performance degradation as long as the game hasnt crashed, but usually it will crash for me every 3-4th round
That's weird. For me, I notice progressive improvement. First match always takes forever to load. After that I load into matches way quicker each time. I haven't noticed too many performance issues, except on spawn island when there's 100 people on screen and on occasion in game. Like the other day I stole someone's 8x scope and when I tried using it game crawled to like 1 fps for a few seconds. It recovered after that and I was able to use it. That said, yesterday the game crashed on both Parallacks and I when trying to join a match and I think that was the first crash I had experienced in 16 hours.

yea for me when it crashes its always during the spawn island. Ill get a few seconds into the countdown and then it crashes, if it's going to crash.  At least its always during spawn though so the rest of the team can exit before it starts. Im also not the only one on that too, other friends have crashes at the same point

I made it to rank #2 in my first match in PUBG yesterday. Although this is probably because I spent 10 minutes hiding in a bathroom, trying to figure out the controls. I haven't noticed any major performance issues yet. Need to play more though. 

MysterD only buys multiplayer games when they're $1.77 at Safeway and the servers were deactivated 18 months ago.

Guessing Spoder and Drabe....
Nah, I might have wishlisted it if that base price wasn't insanely high. Even at 90% off (which I doubt would happen) it's $9.

Also, posting that House Party review was worth it. Got called a "faggot" by some dude named "Kum Blowme".

image.png

So... Gal Gun has the perviest DLC on Steam. Game is currently $9.99.

DLC is called 'Pheromone Z' Item. Described as follows: "Adds 'Pheromone Z' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the sight zoom can see through clothes instantly." This alone would make it appeal to some of the pervier CAGs, but wait - it can be yours for only $89.99! You've got to be pretty committed to want to spend that much to be able to view Hello Kitty underoos. Two of my friends have this on their wishlist. According to ITAD, it's never been discounted.
There's an item in game without buying any DLC you can earn called angel eyedrops that does the same thing anyway. It just activates slower.

That's a zero percent discount for a multiplayer-based game.
No thanks.
While there are tons of games that are good and can be had for cheap, there's something different about playing a hot current game with your pals. $30 is a paltry price to pay if it brings hours of enjoyment with your friends. That's what, an hour or two of work? Four at most at even the crummiest of jobs. I'll gladly put in a couple hours of work to pay for a game that will return 10-50 times that in entertainment.

I don't even own the game in question, that's just how I feel about games in general. People use this ridiculous cost/hours played ratio to determine if a game's worth it. Missing from that equation is fun. Put fun back into the equation in gaming.

While there are tons of games that are good and can be had for cheap, there's something different about playing a hot current game with your pals. $30 is a paltry price to pay if it brings hours of enjoyment with your friends. That's what, an hour or two of work? Four at most at even the crummiest of jobs. I'll gladly put in a couple hours of work to pay for a game that will return 10-50 times that in entertainment.

I don't even own the game in question, that's just how I feel about games in general. People use this ridiculous cost/hours played ratio to determine if a game's worth it. Missing from that equation is fun. Put fun back into the equation in gaming.
Agreed, and if you know you're going to spend 100+ hours in a game, I consider it worth more than $20-30. The longer you wait to buy a MP game, there's more chance of the community dying off, might as well buy it when you know there's a shit ton of people playing.

^

But I only really see that working for MP games which are time sensitive. An SP game better be the most funnest shit ever created if its going to be a day 1 purchase because at this point everyone has something else they can already play until it becomes cheap. But Id agree on the MP games point, its why I had no problem buying BF1 day 1, I knew all my bf4 bros would be playing and that we would be playing it for the next 1-2 years. To this day bf4 was still my best price to playtime(and fun) game so it was a no brainer to get it.  Plus it helps that origin doesnt do stupid region crap and you could find it relatively cheap day 1

There is still one game that surprises me and its r6 siege. That thing is one big anomaly. Its beta version sucked ass, and no one I knew was going to buy it. Month after release someone got it for some reason, and realized it was freaking awesome and slowly convinced us all to get it. At the same time the community started out the same way, relatively small to begin with and now 1.5 years later its much bigger than what it started it.  All the while it slowly creeps up on my bf4 playtime total

Agreed, and if you know you're going to spend 100+ hours in a game, I consider it worth more than $20-30. The longer you wait to buy a MP game, there's more chance of the community dying off, might as well buy it when you know there's a shit ton of people playing.
Meh, he played BF1 during the free weekend and said it was great and he had fun playing with everyone and he still refused to buy it on sale and says "Gee, I wish I could get it for $2.59 from a Walmart clearance rack"

MysterD is gonna MysterD
default_shrug.gif

So... Gal Gun has the perviest DLC on Steam. Game is currently $9.99.

DLC is called 'Pheromone Z' Item. Described as follows: "Adds 'Pheromone Z' item to the Academy Store. Upon purchase, the sight zoom can see through clothes instantly." This alone would make it appeal to some of the pervier CAGs, but wait - it can be yours for only $89.99! You've got to be pretty committed to want to spend that much to be able to view Hello Kitty underoos. Two of my friends have this on their wishlist. According to ITAD, it's never been discounted.
It's a rail shooter visual novel dating sim with ecchi minigames.
You are not their targeted audience :speaktothehand:

i have no problem waiting on the likes of TF2 (until it went free) and Starcraft 2 (Arcade Mode galore on Starter Edtion). Those 2 games are my most effective $/entertainment hour ratio but then again, what do I know about cosmetic stuff like hats since I rarely use them?

Basically this. BF1 has brought me a ton of fond memories with the bros. Just this last week we had one of my favorite games. We lost, but we're only down 7 points with a minute to go. So don't worry Weiler, BF1 Fridays aren't going anywhere.

PUBG had already given me a ton of great moments, both solo, with my brother, with the bros, and with my new bestest friend, Shirinpitt (sorry Reds).

yeah there is some sort of weird self-loathing by people in the Steam thread, accompanied with weird public shaming when people pay new release prices for games because reasons

Nah, I might have wishlisted it if that base price wasn't insanely high. Even at 90% off (which I doubt would happen) it's $9.

Also, posting that House Party review was worth it. Got called a "faggot" by some dude named "Kum Blowme".

image.png
Found the squeaky wheel that wants to get greased.

I'm petty, though. Since I missed out on the easy $60 from having the game and linking it to Twitch, I'm now just going to not get it out of spite and continue to play Black Desert Online instead.

Meh, he played BF1 during the free weekend and said it was great and he had fun playing with everyone and he still refused to buy it on sale and says "Gee, I wish I could get it for $2.59 from a Walmart clearance rack"

MysterD is gonna MysterD
default_shrug.gif
That's because if you really like it but just won't buy it because reasons maybe someone will gift it. Mr.D is all about the endless pining. Two years from now we will still be hearing about the yeti he missed.

Two 20 years from now we will still be hearing about the yeti he missed.
FTFY.

EDIT:

As much as I liked BF1 and its MP component - it's still (mostly to me) a MP game.

Honestly...I'm more of a Single-Player Campaign kind of guy. I usually aim for RPG, shooter, and/or action games - looking for that kind of game to be a major time sink, especially if I'm going to spend some $20 or more.

I also do like the bargain hunting aspect, as well - whether catching a good deal online or catching a clearance sale in a store. So, there's probably that, too - as to why you won't see me just drop $30 on PUBG.

PUBG looks to be the kind of game I'm not sure what mileage I'll get out of it - I need a Free Weekend or something to give me an idea of "Yup, I'll play the heck out of this; I should buy this", "Eh, this really ain't doing much for me", or "Well, maybe this Free Weekend is be enough for me, TBH; glad I didn't buy it."

I'm not really the guy to go FakeyBro or 1/2 FakeyBro on just any game; especially true for MP-based games. I just honestly don't know how long a MP game connects with me, when I'll get bored or grow tired of it, when I get my fill of it, or anything of that sort.

This is not the RTCW, Quake + Unreal era of games - where players were given SDK's and there seemed to be an endless array of maps, modes, mods, and whatnot to keep me want to keep crawling back for more MP-action. This $-DLC Era / $-Season Pass Era really killed that, IMHO.

Even when I buy a SP+MP Game like say a CoD or BF series game, I tend to do the entire SP Campaign for its 5-10 hours + then maybe see if I can get possibly another 10 hours out of the MP. After a while, though - likely, I'll have had my fill and move on. Since I'll likely end up behind the curve b/c of a leveling system + don't buy games ASAP, that probably doesn't help matters for me w/ these kind of MP-focused games either.

bread's done
Back