Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
While I see your point and agree with most of it there is just absolutely no reason to be buying a mp only game in clearance 3-4 years after it came out. If you like a mp game you might as well play it while it's hot as chances are it won't be as good later on. Two years from now when you are all excited you got bf1 for $5 you won't be nearly as excited when you see no one is playing it anymore.

I had a friend try to get me to play Pubg for weeks before I finally bought it. I had heard bad stuff about h1z1 and so didn't want to give it a shot since survival games seemed all the same. A solid hundred or so hours later I'm glad I am easily peer pressured and it's been well worth the money to me.

I just wanted to interrupt real quick to say Fox and I actually pulled out a win tonight in PUBG. 1 total kill was all we needed.
3gepALo.jpg

so River City Ransom Underground has been pulled from Steam due to... drama. here's a video to get you up to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KER7j-vEzzM

skip to about 5 minutes to get to the story.

not sure if this is a temporary or permanent thing yet. hopefully it's temporary, but still, something to keep an eye on for you rare collectors out there.

so River City Ransom Underground has been pulled from Steam due to... drama. here's a video to get you up to speed.

skip to about 5 minutes to get to the story.

not sure if this is a temporary or permanent thing yet. hopefully it's temporary, but still, something to keep an eye on for you rare collectors out there.

Last minute additions were.

Shadow Warrior 2 Deluxe

River City Super Sports Challenge - All Stars Special

River City Ransom Underground

Sacred Gold

Death Road To Canada
Saw it coming. I've been following this for a while. People might also want to look into a copy of Death Road to Canada, Duck Game and Need for Speed Undercover as Alex Mauer has been trying to DMCA strike those games as well. Seeing what happened to RCRU it's possible something could happen with those games. Who knows?

Last edited:
i keep reading some ppl refer Alex as "he" and others as "she".. I am confused as hell. :shock:
I cannot think of the right term right now... but she was born one gender but views herself as the other gender. She was had some surgery to correct this issue.

Note: I think she considers herself a female now... but I could be in the wrong on that. I've only followed it somewhat.

I cannot think of the right term right now... but she was born one gender but views herself as the other gender. She was had some surgery to correct this issue.

Note: I think she considers herself a female now... but I could be in the wrong on that. I've only followed it somewhat.
I read an article and you are correct, she is transgender, hence the confusion.

It's just ridiculous some idiot can abuse the DMCA to the point of causing so much harm to companies and individuals. Disgusting. It's been the main critique of the DMCA. In order to stay out of it and be legally protected, Youtube or Steam or any digital company has to act on the takedown notices. If they don't or if they start engaging in the process of determining which are valid before the fact they risk getting pulled into the whole mess.

And through this all, it seems all the devs affected have been class acts talking about her well being and mental health, etc. I have a lot of sympathy for people with mental health issues or going through mental health crises, but the minute you start affecting other people so negatively through your actions my sympathy goes out the door.

I really hope this idiot gets Turner involved so they can throw more lawyers her way than she can handle and hopefully deplete all her funds and get injunctions against her from abusing the DMCA.

Maybe later... Truth be told I don't see this going that sort of distance. Mayer might have hired a lawyer but paying one long term? I suspect her funds are going to be too limited for that.
It's not even a matter of funds now as Mauer is claiming that her own lawyer is harassing her. At first she was going to represent herself in court but after being publicly called out for sending death threats to youtubers and the lawyer representing Imagos she decided a lawyer was necessary. After trying to accuse her own lawyer I doubt she will have a lawyer willing to work for her very long.

Regardless of whether she has a lawyer or not there is a distinct possibility of her trying to drag things out just out of pure spite by sitting through a court case and appealing the case just to cause more damage as that is what this whole thing has been about trying to cause as much damage and drama as possible.

Last edited:
I also do like the bargain hunting aspect, as well - whether catching a good deal online or catching a clearance sale in a store. So, there's probably that, too - as to why you won't see me just drop $30 on PUBG.
You were supposed to use the coupon and get it for closer to $20, duh. Or get it and sell some crate for a million-gorillion dollars.

Played a couple games of Playerbaiter Battlegators (seriously, that game has the most awkward and terrible name) last night. I did all right in that I died in the 20's each time rather than being the first sap to get whacked. Joined up with Kyanos, Fox and Brother-of-Fox and playing in a squad is more entertaining than playing solo but I'll keep doing solo runs to learn how to play better. It's pretty much as everyone said: Runs sort of iffy but I didn't have any crashes or lock ups, and game play is an odd mixture of boring and tension -- taking someone else out feels like a rush.

Tonight, however, is Battlefield 1 and we owe it to all those guys who were like "I'm gonna buy BF1 to play with the bros" a couple weeks ago our presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were supposed to use the coupon and get it for closer to $20, duh. Or get it and sell some crate for a million-gorillion dollars.

Played a couple games of Playerbaiter Battlegators (seriously, that game has the most awkward and terrible name) last night. I did all right in that I died in the 20's each time rather than being the first sap to get whacked. Joined up with Kyanos, Fox and Brother-of-Fox and playing in a squad is more entertaining than playing solo but I'll keep doing solo runs to learn how to play better. It's pretty much as everyone said: Runs sort of iffy but I didn't have any crashes or lock ups, and game play is an odd mixture of boring and tension -- taking someone else out feels like a rush.

Tonight, however, is Battlefield 1 and we owe it to all those guys who were like "I'm gonna buy BF1 to play with the bros" a couple weeks ago our presence.
The way things are going I am so glad I didn't buy the season pass. :beer:

The way things are going I am so glad I didn't buy the season pass. :beer:
Nah, BF1 Fridays aren't going anywhere fast. It's a fun game and has the advantage that a bunch of us can play at once as opposed to PUBG's 4-man squad limits. That's a nice thing about it versus Rainbow Six Siege or Dead by Daylight, etc. Even if a couple people wind up on the other team for a match, you're at least playing the same game.

Nah, BF1 Fridays aren't going anywhere fast. It's a fun game and has the advantage that a bunch of us can play at once as opposed to PUBG's 4-man squad limits. That's a nice thing about it versus Rainbow Six Siege or Dead by Daylight, etc. Even if a couple people wind up on the other team for a match, you're at least playing the same game.
PUBG-free for all bloodbath brodate is not bad either. You don't have to team up to have fun in PUBG

One night my worst fears will come true and Fox will feel driven to devour his mechanical keyboard.

MWARRR CLACK CLACK MUARGHAGH CLACK CLACK CLACK GARBLELAGH CLACK CLATTER CLACK...

Regarding BF1, do you guys generally get together for it on Fridays only? (joined Steam Bros group recently) Friday night, is the one night I'm generally not home during the week. I'd love to play BF1 more frequently, none of my friends play anymore after launch.

Regarding BF1, do you guys generally get together for it on Fridays only? (joined Steam Bros group recently) Friday night, is the one night I'm generally not home during the week. I'd love to play BF1 more frequently, none of my friends play anymore after launch.
Then

Cancel

Your

Plans...

(I have no room to talk... I've never made one yet.)

I only wish I had the season pass for BF1 so I could actually get into the first game we try to play on Bronights.  I am always having to sit out hte first match due to priority queue, and then can get in usually the 2nd.  

Microcenter has a hell of a deal going on right now... (So good its sold out at my store.)

Intel Core i7-6850K $299

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=040071&utm_source=Computer%20Parts%2020170714&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=E4385&MccGuid=2e1d1995-2550-46a7-ab7c-9103992d19cc

Save an extra 30 with compatible MB. (And The MB is likely cheaper when bundled with the CPU.)

Newegg has the same processor for $459

Edit: In Store Only
Microcenter has some good deals when it comes to CPU and motherboard combos. I got a i5-4690k with a free MSI-Gaming 5 motherboard a few years ago which I still use today

https://imgur.com/WeQ7sTV

yea microcenter is always good on bundle discounts. When I built this one last summer got their usual cpu+mobo combo discount which knocked off like 50-100, plus another 30-40 discount for buying ram that it basically made upgrading to 32gb only a couple bucks.  All on top of prices that were already cheaper than newegg/amazon

While there are tons of games that are good and can be had for cheap, there's something different about playing a hot current game with your pals. $30 is a paltry price to pay if it brings hours of enjoyment with your friends. That's what, an hour or two of work? Four at most at even the crummiest of jobs. I'll gladly put in a couple hours of work to pay for a game that will return 10-50 times that in entertainment.

I don't even own the game in question, that's just how I feel about games in general. People use this ridiculous cost/hours played ratio to determine if a game's worth it. Missing from that equation is fun. Put fun back into the equation in gaming.

Agreed, and if you know you're going to spend 100+ hours in a game, I consider it worth more than $20-30. The longer you wait to buy a MP game, there's more chance of the community dying off, might as well buy it when you know there's a shit ton of people playing.

Basically this. BF1 has brought me a ton of fond memories with the bros. Just this last week we had one of my favorite games. We lost, but we're only down 7 points with a minute to go. So don't worry Weiler, BF1 Fridays aren't going anywhere.

PUBG had already given me a ton of great moments, both solo, with my brother, with the bros, and with my new bestest friend, Shirinpitt (sorry Reds).

yeah there is some sort of weird self-loathing by people in the Steam thread, accompanied with weird public shaming when people pay new release prices for games because reasons

As much as I liked BF1 and its MP component - it's still (mostly to me) a MP game.

Honestly...I'm more of a Single-Player Campaign kind of guy. I usually aim for RPG, shooter, and/or action games - looking for that kind of game to be a major time sink, especially if I'm going to spend some $20 or more.

Honestly, if you're going to play it, get enjoyment out of it, and spend a fair amount of time in it I say just get it.
I have to admit that I am more like MysterD on MP games. Yes, MP games can help with a sense of community i.e. CAG , real life friends, etc. I also agree that the reality with MP games is that typically a title is the flavor of that time i.e. 2-3 months and people move on. Some games last longer and are better about having "staying" power".

I also can echo the same sentiment about bargain shopping. However, what I have observed over the past couple of years is that we are not getting the big discounts like when Amazon Tony was around and Steam having better discounts. The comment about self loathing is partially true for someone like myself as well. I do have a budget for games and try to stay within that. However, as many have stated, playing games (not just acquiring) should be about fun. I recently bit the bullet and paid $15 for the Diablo 3 Necro pack, which was a surprise to me that I did not wait until the $10 mark. I play D3 regularly and thought about the fact that I just consider the game fun and also a way to relax. $15 then seemed more feasible. I also plan on buying Witcher 3 during Steam Winter Sale whether it is $20 or $25 as it is the type of game that I gravitate towards and most people have posted putting in 100 hours into.

Real life happens to all of us. Some of us have more free time for games than others or that time fluctuates based on what is happening at the time. For instance, I had this week off the work on several home projects and family issues. I was fortunate to be at home for the most part of this week. My time to spend on MP games is erratic as it is difficult to commit to a set time. That does not mean that I would not want to join up in a game of Rocket League though.

I also have issues with CenturyLink in that my connection goes down multiple times a day for several minutes each time. I will know in 2 months if I am moving and changing ISP. If I had a more stable internet connection, I would be more inclined to join the MP gaming as well.

I could be wrong, but PUGB seems to be an oddity with people making money on an Early Access game. Some of the items posted for sale seem really high, but to each their own. If I would have thought about it earlier, then sure I would have bought, done the twitch loot crate, sell items to get the game for free or better. I know people have sold items from DOTA 2, CS GO, etc... but I cannot recall another Early Access game that has had this type of influence. I do wonder if a significant amount of the game sales has been due to people wanting to cash in on selling items.

Scheduled it for Wednesday in a few weeks just for you. You better show, bro.

I only wish I had the season pass for BF1 so I could actually get into the first game we try to play on Bronights. I am always having to sit out hte first match due to priority queue, and then can get in usually the 2nd.
It happens to us Premiums too. Usually the first game is party leader gets in and lets us know how long we have to wait for the next game when we actually get to play.

I could be wrong, but PUGB seems to be an oddity with people making money on an Early Access game. Some of the items posted for sale seem really high, but to each their own. If I would have thought about it earlier, then sure I would have bought, done the twitch loot crate, sell items to get the game for free or better. I know people have sold items from DOTA 2, CS GO, etc... but I cannot recall another Early Access game that has had this type of influence. I do wonder if a significant amount of the game sales has been due to people wanting to cash in on selling items.
Nope. First items that sell for a ton were pre-order bonuses so no one could have predicted or would have bought just for that. The Twitch stuff is just a product of a super popular game with people willing to pay a lot to look cool in places I assume they have no Amazon Prime. Game has like 300K active players at any given moment. That's not Amazon Prime members who bought it just to sell the crate.

I will put my 2 cents in and hope I can bro game it up sometime (don't have BF1....likely never will haha).

I do agree that multiplayer games are best played with friends, friends from the net, meetup groups, looking for player things, etc.. Most multiplayer games for me have a life of about 1 month to maybe 2 of full playing. This is consistent for games like CoD and BF when I play with friends, as we usually make it to the first DLC and play for a bit after and then that's it. I got to join more when likely terrible bundle multiplayer games are run by the bros, just to get those played their likely one and only time.

I'm a single player type guy myself and as most people know I play niche stuff likely the most, indie bundle junk and a mass number of VNs. I always like VNs because I read very quickly, so I can go through them very quickly.

As long as you'll play a multiplayer game (and it's usually better to get them when they're fresh, like within a month or 2 of release) it's an OK purchase. Heck I'm still playing Titanfall 2 with some friends, and it's generally fun albeit frustrating.

The key is....try to play the games you buy. It's alright looking at virtual shelves and real shelves, but maybe some of those games are fun. Plus by playing more and more games, you really know what stinks and what's awesome and what you really want to play, just like any other hobby like reading books.

so River City Ransom Underground has been pulled from Steam due to... drama.

It's temporary. Alex Mauer has 1/3 legal control over the music in the game and cannot legally have it removed without permission from the other two creators. Unless she decides to get in a second legal battle, it'll be back up within 14 days.

i keep reading some ppl refer Alex as "he" and others as "she".. I am confused as hell. :shock:
Alex is female. The confusion actually came up in court as well - she hired her lawyer at the last minute before a hearing and the lawyer got her gender wrong in court.

I really hope this idiot gets Turner involved so they can throw more lawyers her way than she can handle and hopefully deplete all her funds and get injunctions against her from abusing the DMCA.
There's already a restraining order against her for doing the same thing to Starr Mazer DSP. The lawyer involved there is open to bringing in other parties (including youtubers who had their Let's Plays and reviews DMCAed) and plans to open things up for that next week. Turner has talked to Starr Mazer's devs, but decided that it's not worth the trouble of bringing their legal team in. Their plan is to wait out the 14 days.

Alex is female. The confusion actually came up in court as well - she hired her lawyer at the last minute before a hearing and the lawyer got her gender wrong in court.
one thousand eye-rolls :roll: at other people "getting things wrong". oh I'm sorry.

So wait, this Alex Mauer person is filing DMCA strikes against people ... just because?
TLDR: Got mad at Star Mazer DSP over the game sounds, started taking it out on Youtubers that had Star Mazer videos up, it snowballed from there and she is going after anyone and everyone she can think of at this point.

Jim Sterling on the subject when it first started going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHWlK21sdHs

Total Biscuit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077d3hAvwQ4

Latest SidAlpha video, he has made a few on this topic.

So wait, this Alex Mauer person is filing DMCA strikes against people ... just because?
It's actually a pretty entertaining series of events if you feel like googling it. There are all sorts of videos and articles on it now, way more than you might expect.

Weretable's summation of events is pretty spot on; Alexander (Alex) Mauer had some disagreement with dev of Starr Mazer over the music he made for it. he has no rights to it due to their contract, but that did not stop him from claiming foul with steam and youtube, removing the game from the store for some weeks, and getting tons of videos about the game taken down on youtube from various channels. The intent here was to rally youtubers against Starr Mazer dev supposedly, because that's how that works.

Obviously that backfired and it's been a shitshow ever since. There's a court case now, and Mauer has since started going after other devs he's worked with, including River City Underground.

As for the confusion of gender, Mauer is a man who prefers to be a pretty lady, and if you don't play along with that narrative then you're racist or transphobic or whatever. Also, I got to look up what a "dead name" is. The internet was a mistake.

Did Mauer get paid for the actual usage of the music in the game? Or is Mauer realizing the dev's are making $ and just want more of a piece of the pie?

If Mauer wanted more of the piece of pie, there should've been negotiations - especially before the game was released - on getting a percentage of sales of the game and/or from the music if there is a separate Soundtrack DLC or Soundtrack Edition that includes the music.

Does Mauer actually own the music? Or does the developer actually now own it, once Mauer signed the contract to have it in the game + actually get paid for it?

Can Mauer sell the music on Mauer's own, away from the actual game? I saw in Sterling's vid, Mauer was selling the OST for $1000 on their Bandcamp. WTH?

I would guess if Mauer can actually legally sell the music on Mauer's own, Mauer should be selling it for normal pricing (i.e. anywhere up to $15, like what one LP worth of music is normally going for) + maybe allow for additional donations to be made, at the buyer's discretion. Wouldn't that just make more sense than the $1000 flat-fee?

I also wonder at this point, if the developer should just pull the music from the game + release another version of the game without Mauer's music just to keep the game available for purchase, as people might now just buy it to support the dev - whether the dev actually does plan to work this out legally to get this music back in the game or just flat-out get someone else to do brand new music for it. 

It's obviously most are going to side w/ all on the dev's on this one, after DMCA strikes + take-downs against Youtubers & getting the game removed from digital distributions outlets - so, this could one of the very few opportune time for the dev's to actually just pull music from the game + game-owners not get that mad over it, at least for the time being.

Did Mauer get paid for the actual usage of the music in the game? Or is Mauer realizing the dev's are making $ and just want more of a piece of the pie?
My understanding is that Mauer was contracted to do this work for Star Mazerr, at which point all rights to the music went to the dev. I do not know for certain.

But I do know that this story is still building and will probably get a lot more coverage as Mauer continues to dig herself into a hole, so we'll probably have a definitive answer sooner rather than later. Who knows, could be the case that Mauer really did get screwed out of something she's owed. Doesn't change how she's behaved over the course of the last month or so.

Don't let them get you down about it. Look on the bright side, you don't have to listen to Fox noisily eat with his mouth open the entire time.
Not down at all.

I'm used to following the beat of my own drum, anyways. I've often always preferred SP-Campaign style games, anyways.

In a world where most MP-based games - yes, even in shooters - have some kind of Leveling-Up System & the Matchmaking of the game to players of similar levels of you often isn't that hot, I'm just not much interested in MP like I used to be.

I was really into the MP era when skilled mattered in shooters, in say a Quake 2+3 & UT era where players had SDK's so that new maps, new modes, and new mods weren't really hard to find. Always felt like there was something new out there, to go grab for content + keep the game's lifespan going.

I was never super-interested in PUBG anyways, but I am (of course) a bit curious. Curious, to the point that if it ever had a free weekend, I'd probably say: "Sure, why not give it a shot?" [shrug]

I'm not sure if PUBG would be the kind of game I'd even really think of buying at 75% off, either.

Even Mass Effect: Andromeda - which isn't supposed to be that hot, mind you - I'm MUCH more curious about that than PUBG.

bread's done
Back