Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
MysterD water cooler talk circa 2021: I can't believe + fathom they are shutting down + turning off the servers for The Division(2016) prior to + before I even had a chance + opportunity to play it. It's only been out + released for 5 years. They need to release an offline + not online patch for it immediately + now.
Yup, you're damn right that they should release an offline patch for games that allow the option to have teammates for bots so that the player can keep playing at their own will!

When there's no players online or very few - why pull the plug and let all this content go to waste? Pull the plug and let the game work offline. And if they want to, even add LAN support in a patch - let the Community keep the game alive online.

Who wants to see all of that content go to waste b/c the dev's and/or publisher decided to pull the plug; especially if they already gave the player the means to finish the game alone (i.e. if there's options for bots, AI teammates, etc), if they so desire?

It's nice that I can still play games (that had optional offline modes) like say Hellgate: London & Diablo 2, whenever the heck I feel like it.

EDIT:

The way Secret World is going + the way it's built (i.e. a lot of it can be played alone & since it's so story-focused), that's a game that really could use an offline mode, once gamers drop-off & Funcom decides to pull the plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's a bit of a balance. The size of your backlog does enter into the calculus of this at some point, as many times you will see that unless it's something you absolutely, positive decide to make time for in your schedule right after you buy the game, you may see that you don't actually have time to fit in your schedule until it's already hit a price reduction or three.

Available free time probably plays a lot into this as well: As much as I want to start playing Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Witcher 3, etc... right now I just can't carve 40+ hours out of my life. So I'll wait for sales, and play the stuff I already own that aren't so life-demand-y.
I think it was Neuro a while back posted the different stages of a gamers life with respect to time and money. (sorry if I hot it wrong on who posted). I am one of those that would love to play Persona 5 or others listed but am struggling with the free time aspect right now. Money, well, this is always an issue, but I can say that if a game is one that I "really" want at that time, I do not mind paying for it. For me though, gone are the days of paying full price and pre-orders at the $50-60 or more level. I confess to being a game collector/horder.

One other factor, at least for me, is what genre the game is. I am like MysterD that I rarely play multiplayer on FPS games. I like ARK though with friends. I generally find that since on FPS that I generally only play single player, that I can wait until the sub $10 or even wait until $5 for a title such as Wolfenstein or Doom. Lego type games - $5 is my buy in. HOG - bundle only. ARPG or RPG my buy in limit is higher i.e. Witcher 3 complete would be $20 ish.

The good news is that despite the days of Amazon Tony deals and old good Steam deals, there are deals and bundles i.e. Humble. I subscribed to the monthly, great value and can sell off if I am not into a game such as NBA2K type.

The balance for each gamer of time/money/value/play style etc... is individual and that at different times, the value of each factor changes.

Hostyl1 and others have valid points on paying higher for games that they want and actually play. BTW, I miss Motoki and Snakeybro.

Sweet. Trading thread, here I come!

We Happy Few is leaving early access next week and getting a price bump to $50. I'm probably the only person who cares but it's been on my wishlist and I was kind of hoping to catch it on sale.
I used to care, but now that the game is $50 I don't. It looks like an interesting game and I would have bought it for around $10 but I just don't see myself playing it for more than a few hours.

I also would like to add that I think MysterD, Preedator and Syntax make valid points about business practices (maybe small percentage wish, but still impacts enjoying a product that is rushed for instance), too many choices (gasp) as you could have a full time good just playing good games, etc...  Multiplayer games seem to suffer more of the game of the quarter/month relevance than single player games.  

We happy few looks interesting, but not $50 interesting.  I am not surprised about the price bump though as again coming out of early access.  I think alot of players understand the concept of early access buyers should have a price break.

Your point is fair for MP-based stuff especially when there are levels and unlocks, where you might want to be on par w/ others and not falling behind. I think b/c there's such a lack of SDK's and mods for many MP games, that for me there isn't enough of an influx of new content - such as new maps + game modes - like there was in the old days, that my interest of these kind of games are not what they once were.

The MP scene really hasn't excited me too much in probably years, TBH. That stuff, especially in competitive MP for shooters, was more exciting to me during the Quake 2+3, RTCW, and UT days. Left 4 Dead series was probably one of the last MP-based games that really hooked me b/c of its Co-Op Campaign Elements.

I mostly stick to SP-style stuff, so....when I get to a game, I get to a game; and I can go at it pretty much at my own pace.
Then you missed out on one of the best multiplayer experiences of '16-'17 with Overwatch for $30-48.

The shipped has sailed on the Division. You also missed the entire lifespan of Destiny 1. Finally, you're about to completely miss out on the Destiny 2 PC experience if you want to be cheap. I know that you are somewhat interested in some of these games too.

You want to be cheap? That's you're prerogative. But it's nothing to brag about. I'm not playing PUBG while it's new, but I do enjoy living vicariously through the interesting posts of other people who do.

I think it was Neuro a while back posted the different stages of a gamers life with respect to time and money. (sorry if I hot it wrong on who posted). I am one of those that would love to play Persona 5 or others listed but am struggling with the free time aspect right now. Money, well, this is always an issue, but I can say that if a game is one that I "really" want at that time, I do not mind paying for it. For me though, gone are the days of paying full price and pre-orders at the $50-60 or more level. I confess to being a game collector/horder.

One other factor, at least for me, is what genre the game is. I am like MysterD that I rarely play multiplayer on FPS games. I like ARK though with friends. I generally find that since on FPS that I generally only play single player, that I can wait until the sub $10 or even wait until $5 for a title such as Wolfenstein or Doom. Lego type games - $5 is my buy in. HOG - bundle only. ARPG or RPG my buy in limit is higher i.e. Witcher 3 complete would be $20 ish.

The good news is that despite the days of Amazon Tony deals and old good Steam deals, there are deals and bundles i.e. Humble. I subscribed to the monthly, great value and can sell off if I am not into a game such as NBA2K type.

The balance for each gamer of time/money/value/play style etc... is individual and that at different times, the value of each factor changes.

Hostyl1 and others have valid points on paying higher for games that they want and actually play. BTW, I miss Motoki and Snakeybro.
Single-player RPG's - normally from BioWare; Bethesda; Obsidian; and CD Projekt RED - usually seem to be the kind of game-genre and huge time-sink that I'm really looking for in a game at higher prices for me (i.e. $20-30; and rarely even sometimes more).

While you guys figure out whether preordering is evil or not I am going to sit here and cross my fingers that my cd keys pre-order I made a month or so ago doesn't fall through.

MysterD water cooler talk circa 2021: I can't believe + fathom they are shutting down + turning off the servers for The Division(2016) prior to + before I even had a chance + opportunity to play it. It's only been out + released for 5 years. They need to release an offline + not online patch for it immediately + now.
Post of the week

I even get what you're trying to say, MysterD: to not pay the early adopter rates for unfinished games.  But by that standard you'd basically miss out on playing every Bethesda game ever, since all their open-world games are buggy messes.  Ubisoft games are mostly the same way too. 

But there's a big difference between releasing a buggy game versus shipping incomplete products, or games that sit in 'Early Access' forever which is just absurd. 

Then you missed out on one of the best multiplayer experiences of '16-'17 with Overwatch for $30-48.
As much fun as Overwatch was during Free Weekends for its short time-frame that I played it in, it's just not a game I could play for much more than an hour here or there. It isn't say a Fallout, Elder Scrolls, or something that really compels me to keep on playing for numerous hours. Overwatch, just like the original Titanfall - just felt like something was lacking for me: the type of content I'm looking for.

While it has tons of heroes - it just didn't really have enough maps + game modes back when I played it.

And I was mostly gravitating towards using Farrah, anyways. Even after using certain other characters - yup, always often ran back to using Farrah.

I even get what you're trying to say, MysterD: to not pay the early adopter rates for unfinished games. But by that standard you'd basically miss out on playing every Bethesda game ever, since all their open-world games are buggy messes. Ubisoft games are mostly the same way too.

But there's a big difference between releasing a buggy game versus shipping incomplete products, or games that sit in 'Early Access' forever which is just absurd.
Bethesda's RPGs are one of the few games that I often do get at the $20-30 price-range - and that's even despite bugs & performance issues.

It might not be Day 1 purchase, but it'll happen - just give it a few months. Their games are such time-sinks, that I often gravitate to buying them, even despite their problems. Their games are very addictive to me and I know that I will play the living hell out of them.

EDIT:

Also, I don't think most of us buying Bethesda games expect the moon for stories, plots, and whatnot. Hell, a lot of times, their main-quests ain't even the best quest-lines in the game; they're often "just another quest."

They often do and give the player basically just enough story & plot to keep the player motivated to get lost from exploring, looting, and running around their awesome open-world sandboxes.

I've spent at least 100 hours a piece each with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout 4.

Overwatch IMHO still lacks content of sorts in response to maps at least. The number of heroes is pretty good and the modes are pretty good as well.

Overwatch IMHO still lacks content of sorts in response to maps at least.
See, this is why I miss SDK's and the old days of Quake 2+3; UT; and RTCW in the MP - there just never seemed to be a shortage of maps out there.

I always felt like when booting one of those games - oh, look; I need to download a new user-made map!

The shipped has sailed on the Division. You also missed the entire lifespan of Destiny 1. Finally, you're about to completely miss out on the Destiny 2 PC experience if you want to be cheap. I know that you are somewhat interested in some of these games too.

You want to be cheap? That's you're prerogative. But it's nothing to brag about. I'm not playing PUBG while it's new, but I do enjoy living vicariously through the interesting posts of other people who do.
If those games 'died' already to the extent someone missed good multiplayer experiences in only a year or so then those games weren't very good in the first place (excluding Destiny 1 because of the sequel).

Bethesda are one of the few games that I often do get at the $20-30 price-range - and that's even despite bugs & performance issues.

It might not be Day 1 purchase, but it'll happen - just give it a few months. Their games are such time-sinks, that I often gravitate to buying them, even despite their problems. Their games are very addictive to me and I know that I will play the living hell out of them.

EDIT:

Also, I don't think most of us buying Bethesda games expect the moon for stories, plots, and whatnot. Hell, a lot of times, their main-quests ain't even the best quest-lines in the game; they're often "just another quest."

They often do and give the player basically just enough story & plot to keep the player motivated to get lost from exploring, looting, and running around their awesome open-world sandboxes.
Right, so what it all boils down to is basically just the price of a game. Which is not a very compelling argument. You'll still buy the buggy games w/o GOTY edition.

New release games are cheaper now than ever before, seeing as they can be bought for $35 or 40-48 right away. Twenty years ago games were always $50 with no discounts which is ~$75 today.

Most people don't care about waiting a year or longer to play something they really want to play, just in order to save ten dollars.

If those games 'died' already to the extent someone missed good multiplayer experiences in only a year or so then those games weren't very good in the first place (excluding Destiny 1 because of the sequel).
I think the other problem is that tons of games already have Multiplayer. And since we have so many of these games on the market - and worse yet, even games adding MP as just a "bulletpoint-on-the-box", MP games don't really last. People are basically moving from game-to-game quickly; and likely maybe even moving back to something great b/c that might have staying power (i.e. think Battlefield 1).

For MP to last, they need constant flows of content. We don't really get enough of that, these days + age. Best way to have constant content flows: release a SDK. Let the mod community go wild + keep the content-flow going. There was never a problem w/ this back in the Quake 2+3; UT; and RTCW days. Problem is, not many games really do that approach anymore b/c dev's + pub's want to control the market w/ only releasing pay-DLC's, Season Passes, and Map-packs so that they milk the market and make money - in which map-packs often are over-priced and can splinter the community into the "Have's" and "Have Nots" b/c not everyone will own those maps and be able to play together.

First person shooter x card collecting game. Great. Absolutely what everybody was asking for GB to make next

Fallout 4 GOTY launches on September 26th.

Finished up the Automatron DLC missions a week or two ago. Much better than I was expecting, expands the lore behind the robobrains, livens up the wasteland with roving bands of insane robots, and the crafting stuff is surprisingly deep. I have now swapped out all my settlement supply chain provisioners with hulking tankbots.
Yeah, I really liked Automatron. Thought it was alot better than Nuka World.

Right, so what it all boils down to is basically just the price of a game. Which is not a very compelling argument. You'll still buy the buggy games w/o GOTY edition.

New release games are cheaper now than ever before, seeing as they can be bought for $35 or 40-48 right away. Twenty years ago games were always $50 with no discounts which is ~$75 today.

Most people don't care about waiting a year or longer to play something they really want to play, just in order to save ten dollars.
Don't expect me to drop say $30 on a game I won't get a lot out of mileage out of. Something like Overwatch - eh, I likely won't buy at $30. There is nothing compelling there to me, to keep me playing for hours & hours at hand.

I know with a Bethesda RPG - i.e. Fallout series + Elder Scrolls series - it's always at least 100 hours out of the base-game alone for me. Throw DLC's and expansions on top - increase the hour-count. I'm not normally one to replay games, pretty much - so, one PlayThrough is often enough for me, as I likely want to move onto the next game.

Overwatch - eh, maybe I would get 5-10 hours out of it, if I'm lucky. [shrug]

When PUBG hits $10 I will buy it. I'm fairly certain that I would be terrible at that game since I'm not the best at fps games and I don't have the patience to hide in a tree for 40 minutes so not sure how much enjoyment I would get out of it.
If you're just hiding, you're doing it wrong.

Also, with the crates you can sell, the game pays for itself and then some.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieGameStand/discussions/0/2132869574272145677/

Some discussion about IndieGameStand's new owners.

Seems were/are still charging people for the elite membership even though they've been down for months.
u l8. Yeah, it's been going on for a while. It sucks for anyone that subbed.. but WHY would anyone sub is the mystery to me. IGS has never had any game that was worth the subscription cost, and their store has always sucked for discounts. It was basically giving them free money to begin with. I can understand people wanting to sub to support IGS I guess, but once they switched owners they should have cancelled that shit ASAP.

If you subbed to IGS, you're rich as fuck and have a lot of money to throw away. Might as well donate it to charity instead.

so, anyone have custom games access for pubg? i was watching GB stream some of that stuff and it looked really interesting. i'd definitely be willing to bro up and play with you guys if someone can make that happen...

First person shooter x card collecting game. Great. Absolutely what everybody was asking for GB to make next

Yeah, I really liked Automatron. Thought it was alot better than Nuka World.
What are you talking about Nuka World was best DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwwUNrxLps

I figured. I don't remember seeing anything about it here though. I don't really look at other threads much.

I was checking on the site every few weeks, as I had a couple duplicate keys on there that I hadn't added to my "dupe keys" file, and noticed that thread recently.

EDIT:

6000 and a 3000 coin games coming soon to dissapointment.gg

I figured. I don't remember seeing anything about it here though. I don't really look at other threads much.

I was checking on the site every few weeks, as I had a couple duplicate keys on there that I hadn't added to my "dupe keys" file, and noticed that thread recently.

EDIT:

6000 and a 3000 coin games coming soon to dissapointment.gg
Damn, 6000 coins? Is that the highest yet? inb4 it's There's Poop in my Soup 2

I surprised myself by buying PUBG for $24 or whatever it was.  I typically don't like to spend more than $10 on any game (even less on PC since they drop so quick), but after watching some of the Twitch streams and seeing so many people here play it, I decided to jump in and am glad I did.  Bro squads are fun as hell and solo is pretty fun too.  In fact, I'm going to go home for lunch and see if I can jump in a match or two  :joystick:

I surprised myself by buying PUBG for $24 or whatever it was. I typically don't like to spend more than $10 on any game (even less on PC since they drop so quick), but after watching some of the Twitch streams and seeing so many people here play it, I decided to jump in and am glad I did. Bro squads are fun as hell and solo is pretty fun too. In fact, I'm going to go home for lunch and see if I can jump in a match or two :joystick:
ADDICT!

I'm going to be on withdrawal starting tomorrow since I'm on vacation for the week.
1txmt2.jpg

I surprised myself by buying PUBG for $24 or whatever it was. I typically don't like to spend more than $10 on any game (even less on PC since they drop so quick), but after watching some of the Twitch streams and seeing so many people here play it, I decided to jump in and am glad I did. Bro squads are fun as hell and solo is pretty fun too. In fact, I'm going to go home for lunch and see if I can jump in a match or two :joystick:
Hit me up if you want too. I got a furnace/AC check going on right now.. So far my 5 year old AC is going to cost me 705 bucks and the shit wasn't even broken... This is just a tune up!

So, yeah, going to be in the mood to kill something after this is done. :lol:

Hit me up if you want too. I got a furnace/AC check going on right now.. So far my 5 year old AC is going to cost me 705 bucks and the shit wasn't even broken... This is just a tune up!

So, yeah, going to be in the mood to kill something after this is done. :lol:
love me some AC/furnace deal talk...

Had a house built about 15 years ago, within 7 years I had to replace both furnace and AC, cost me about 5500. Builders used the cheapest crap possible. Be happy its just a tune up!

guess they just dont build em like they used to.  When we moved into this house ~6-7 years ago, they were still using the furnace and AC that probably came with the house which was built in the mid-70's

Course we had them knock down the price so we could replace them, but still, a testament that they were basically running ok after all these years

I've had my furnace looked at a time or two and each time the guy remarks on what an odd duck it is.  I guess the dimensions are odd and it was some cheap-brand thing they put in the house when it was built back in the 70s.  But it's still running and I've gotten to learn a few things about home furnace repair in the last year or two.

The AC wasn't working this spring and we had to get the freon refilled.  They last did it four years ago and think there might be a leak in the line that it was empty again but I'm okay with paying $100 for a refill every couple years right now than buying a whole new unit.

bread's done
Back