Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I can't wait until I'm old enough to teach the next generation how to do shit and then complain how the new generation doesn't know how to do shit.
What is your generation going to do? Teach your kids how to sit around and do nothing on your cell phone and complain on social media about everything?

In the 7 years I have in my current house I have fixed all the appliances at least once except the washer, dryer and AC.  The AC was fixed, but just not by me.

I only accept internet hatred in the form of Vine loops.
tenor.gif

Speaking of...

No Man's Sky 1.3 is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSYOGT3KGc

You can now actually find other players and explore with them. Lots of changes in this, looking forward to checking it out later today.
So, is this game $10 or less yet? Or been HB'ed yet?

It just doesn't look like...I'll get too much mileage out of it.

Might be too repetitive + too much of a sandbox for me.

EDIT:

The AC was fixed, but just not by me.
I dunno if Ubisoft fixed their AC yet.

Oh, wait - you don't mean *that* AC...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll happily buy No Man's Sky... as a headliner in the Humble Monthly. It is a perfect example of a $20 indie game that makes a big splash at these cheesy video game awards/expos, gets backed by a mega-publisher, has nothing added to it except hype and a bigger marketing budget, and somehow that boosts the price to $60.

A game like Rebel Galaxy knew its limits and the two guys behind it (the talented Travis Baldree and Eric Schaefer) sold it for $20.  They didn't go to EA and beg them to stick their logo on it so it would somehow then be a $60 AAA uber-title.

So, is this game $10 or less yet? Or been HB'ed yet?

It just doesn't look like...I'll get too much mileage out of it.

Might be too repetitive + too much of a sandbox for me.
Are you willing to buy it on GOG, and do you live in, or are planning to visit (wink wink) China? If so, you're in luck.

Though I agree with your other points. It just doesn't look all that interesting. And I'm not one of those people who was vastly disappointed by it not living up to the hype. I'd never heard of the game until about a week before release. It's just that it doesn't look like there's all that much going on in the game. I think $2.50-$3.00 is about the max that I'd be willing to pay for it.

Are you willing to buy it on GOG, and do you live in, or are planning to visit (wink wink) China? If so, you're in luck.

Though I agree with your other points. It just doesn't look all that interesting. And I'm not one of those people who was vastly disappointed by it not living up to the hype. I'd never heard of the game until about a week before release. It's just that it doesn't look like there's all that much going on in the game. I think $2.50-$3.00 is about the max that I'd be willing to pay for it.
Only 60% off on Steam & GOG, so....nope, not yet.

Where would I buy NMS at? Well, wherever it's cheapest. I'm fine w/ either Steam or GOG, so....either way is fine.

If it hits 75% off or better; or $10 or below; or hits a HB - yeah, then maybe I'll bite.

I just don't expect much mileage out of it - if it's too repetitive; doesn't have much of a main story/main quest; and/or anything of that sort. I've liked other "repetitive" sandbox-y games - i.e. Mount & Blade series and Sid Meier's Pirates (reboot); but even those, I probably just got 10 hours out of them and then just moved the hell on.

Huh.

The game is $16.03 for me at GOG. Interesting.

so you will "MysterD" it like Overwatch? :oldman:
Mileage for me on Overwatch and likely NMS will be low.

I wasn't getting much mileage out of Overwatch in the Beta + Free Weekends. Lack of maps + modes, which is often my main issue w/ many competitive online FPS's. Sure, it has tons of heroes - but I kept gravitating back to Farrah...so, a lot of the heroes weren't compelling to me.

NMS sounds like it has repetition issues + lack of a real main quest to get me hooked, which were problems I had w/ both Sid Meier's Pirates reboot and Mount & Blade series of games. Meaning, I think somewhere around the 5-10 hours mark, I'll probably quit.

Why would I drop bigger $ (i.e. $20 or more) or something I won't get much out of?

EDIT:

I can't believe I just wasted 20 minutes catching up on fucking HVAC systems.
Wait; when did Valve turn and add an H to their VAC?

EDIT 2:

I guess this just turned into the AC thread. Will MysterD have something to say about AC? Probably not since he's in Boston and a lot of places up there don't have AC. I think most don't, at least not when I was there. But I'll wait + see if MysterD will surprise me.
Nothing of much to say on AC, since I have Central Air over here.

I am still in disbelief that TrumpCat stole the election from MysterD.  

Yes, whether it be HVAC, most appliances, more cheap builds out there.  I am currently looking to move and am trying to hold off buying some things until I move.  So far, garage door openers, dryer, stand up freezer and now the refrigerator are all dying out around the same time.  Several other repairs as well, but hey it is all good as it could be worse.  

game talk:

With Fallout 4 GOTY coming out next month, what is the predicted winter sale price? Is anyone considering a Pip-Boy?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Going by some recent sales for Fallout 4 and Season Pass, may guess for Steam Winter Sale is $30 for Fallout 4 GOTY.

I stole nothing. I won by the biggest landslide ever seen. The biggest ever. Bigger than WashingtonCat's even. There was NO Russian collusion either, before you FAKE NEWS liberals start with that shit again! Sore losers!

You're not Russian are you spoder?

There's supposedly a 30ish hour "story" included with the 1.3 update for No Man's Sky.  Also included are NPCs that offer up radiant style missions, along with more general inhabitants you stumble across who can point out local points of interest.  Quite a bit of new lore is out there as well to discover.  I'm kinda thinking about starting a new game, since i'm one of the many whose home base was buried with the planetary refresh.  

On the other hand, I've accumulated LOTS of shit, and learned over 700 words in the three languages which means I no longer accidentally accept marriage proposals from horrifying aliens.

Praise the HVAC pre-ordering mascot baby Jesus!

I go out of town for one week all Summer and it seems like I didn't miss anything... except for not getting to play PUBG and surrender a few extra hours of sleep each night.

For the record I did skim almost everything and I was quite entertained per usual. This CAG thread never ceases to disappoint, everyone here should be proud.

Chrono added new games today.  I'm not seeing anything I would call a must buy not that I have the coins to buy most of them.

Super Trench Attack! (3000 coins)

Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena (3500 coins)

Insurgency (6000 coins)

Insurgency and Super Trench Attack have been bundled a bunch at 7 and six bundles respectively while Crown Champion has never been bundled and has very positive (but limited) reviews on steam.

Chrono added new games today. I'm not seeing anything I would call a must buy not that I have the coins to buy most of them.

Super Trench Attack! (3000 coins)

Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena (3500 coins)

Insurgency (6000 coins)

Insurgency and Super Trench Attack have been bundled a bunch at 7 and six bundles respectively while Crown Champion has never been bundled and has very positive (but limited) reviews on steam.
Yeah it was posted earlier. Crown Champion was added two weeks ago but hasn't gone out of stock yet.

I can't believe I just wasted 20 minutes catching up on fucking HVAC systems.
Hey, expect anything in this thread!

The only time a topic's really on, is when we're so off-topic...especially since Steam deals - and many other PC game deals, for that matter - seem to be so few & far between, these day & age.

EDIT:

This+is+an+outrage+_4a7f86bc3e7eae14ab5615acb8f629bc.jpg

Hey, expect anything in this thread!

The only time a topic's really on, is when we're so off-topic...especially since Steam deals - and many other PC game deals, for that matter - seem to be so few & far between, these day & age.

EDIT:

This+is+an+outrage+_4a7f86bc3e7eae14ab5615acb8f629bc.jpg
I actually could use some tips for households. I am now in my 2nd house but I know next to nothing about fixing anything lol.

I'm sure one of the bros will come in to recap BF1 from last night as when I got on, late as always, they where playing Siege which I got to join.  As always had allot of fun, we only did Terrorist Hunt but thats a hell of a enjoyable mode.  Truth be told, with all of the setup in PvP, which certainly slows it down, I think I prefer the TH mode.  You can just get to the killing.  (I do wish you could chose defense or attack in TH cause it really does offer different experiences.)

That epic skin (Woody) I unlocked it for the shotgun that all the SAS can carry so it seems like a solid draw. 

Anyhow, after the bros took off I messed around a bit more, mostly Terrorist Hunt but also the situational mode, unlocked all the SAS guys for the achievement, and even tried PvP "Casual" out to clear my daily challenge of kill 2 people.  Took a game but my team got demolished 3-0 pretty quickly.  (I might have been the only one with a kill.)

Oh, I was mistaken.  My season pass did unlock all of the season one operatives.  I just didn't realize it.

So what's the story on the Season 2?  They've postponed it and only one set of the operatives is going to be season 2?  That just seems odd to me so I guess I'm not understanding.

So I remember someone joking about repeatedly dying as soon as they drop so they can accumulate BP for those semi valuable crates in PUBG. Just thought I would suggest dropping in the school, military base or crates. It serves 2 purposes. The first is that it makes you improve your game in both looting as quickly as possible and handling a gunfight. The second is that once your game has improved, if you can manage to kill a couple you will walk away with a few hundred points instead of 30. If all you care about is the points for crates so you can make Gabenbux, kill 2 or 3 and then just walk around yelling through the push to talk and get someone to kill you. Lots of points and a quick reboot all in one, and it will make you less scared in gunfights.

cKEtnpt.jpg

I won with some randoms! I added one as a friend and we played another match, but then I accidentally shot the driver firing from a UAZ and they didn't invite me again.  :(

Oh I haven't been able to win since the last update. Experiencing massive desync issues on my end ever since. Usually can manage a few kills though, so I've tried to use that as my goal for matches for now.

I won with some randoms! I added one as a friend and we played another match, but then I accidentally shot the driver firing from a UAZ and they didn't invite me again. :(
Still better than me... Not a single chicken dinner. And, winning with randoms is impressive I don't care what happened next match.

Oh I haven't been able to win since the last update. Experiencing massive desync issues on my end ever since. Usually can manage a few kills though, so I've tried to use that as my goal for matches for now.
The only match I've played this week was before the latest patch but I had such a lag issue I was kicked from the game. My internet was fine, I surfed a bit while it was locked up but before it bumped me.

I guess there is a new bug where buildings don't load and people can roadkill you while your inside a building. (I don't know if the bug is reproducible at will but they've banned a few people for doing it.)

So what's the story on the Season 2? They've postponed it and only one set of the operatives is going to be season 2? That just seems odd to me so I guess I'm not understanding.
We're getting all S2 ops, the only thing we won't be getting is the Poland map.

So I remember someone joking about repeatedly dying as soon as they drop so they can accumulate BP for those semi valuable crates in PUBG. Just thought I would suggest dropping in the school, military base or crates. It serves 2 purposes. The first is that it makes you improve your game in both looting as quickly as possible and handling a gunfight. The second is that once your game has improved, if you can manage to kill a couple you will walk away with a few hundred points instead of 30. If all you care about is the points for crates so you can make Gabenbux, kill 2 or 3 and then just walk around yelling through the push to talk and get someone to kill you. Lots of points and a quick reboot all in one, and it will make you less scared in gunfights.
I have rotten luck. Whenever I try landing somewhere like that I somehow don't end up in the action.

cKEtnpt.jpg

I won with some randoms! I added one as a friend and we played another match, but then I accidentally shot the driver firing from a UAZ and they didn't invite me again. :(
Watch you get banned!

The only match I've played this week was before the latest patch but I had such a lag issue I was kicked from the game. My internet was fine, I surfed a bit while it was locked up but before it bumped me.

I guess there is a new bug where buildings don't load and people can roadkill you while your inside a building. (I don't know if the bug is reproducible at will but they've banned a few people for doing it.)
It happened to me the other day when we were playing squad. I could see people going up and downstairs and into a building, but there was no building for me. Did me no good because I didn't know about the glitch at the time so I didn't know I could just shoot and kill them and also I had no scope and was pretty far away.

We're getting all S2 ops, the only thing we won't be getting is the Poland map.
To expand, each Season offers extra operators. Typically these operators come with a new map and theme. So when Canadian JTF2 members Buck & Frost were released, they also released the Yacht map (the frozen boat) and themed the next couple months as Operation: Black Ice with special skins/charms available for purchase.

Because Ubisoft did the "Operation Health" thing and dedicated resources to that, they've pushed back the release dates for new operators. So they're going to do Hong Kong next, then South Korea (they already did Spain). Each one will also come with one Polish operator but no map or theme period connected to them. Because the Season Pass only guarantees the eight operators and not the map/theme, Ubi says no one will get any compensation for it. I find it disappointing (in part because my family is Polish, so it would have been nice) but not in any "Boycott the game, argue for a hundred hours on the internet" sort of way.

Man, shirinpitt and I had some matches in Duo this morning.  Back to Back 2nd place finishes, I think one more top 5 and a few top tens also.  We had one bad drop where we went out quickly but everything else was so freaking intense.

Edit: Anyone else besides us see all the twitch advertisements they added to the game?  (Not a fan of the graffiti.)

... r6 stuffs....
I also think part of their rationalization for not doing the polish map was that they released bartlett U, which was never mentioned and tacked on as an extra map during one of the updates. So I think they are hoping that while its not what everyone wanted, at least it was one more map, and of the course the operators still happen, so that should be good enough for 99% of the people

Maybe. Their own posting about it was that Hong Kong was already mostly done and South Korea was far enough of to not really impact the timeline so Poland got kicked from the crunch schedule.

I was under the impression that a lot of people didn't like Bartlett for multiplayer since it was designed for the one scenario and not "balanced" for PvP. That's second hand though.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal regardless.  Most of the maps are pretty nondescript and, if I'd never seen them before, and you told me that the Oregon map was in South Africa or Herrford Facility was in Ecuador, I'd probably just say "huh".  Aside from the occasional flag, most don't scream [region and/or ethnicity].

War Tech Fighters can be had for 7.26 on GMG if you happen to be lucky enough to get a email with a 33% off code which stacks with the current sale of 28% off.  I'm a sucker for mech games so I dont think I'll be able to say no to this at less than half price before release.  

War Tech Fighters can be had for 7.26 on GMG if you happen to be lucky enough to get a email with a 33% off code which stacks with the current sale of 28% off. I'm a sucker for mech games so I dont think I'll be able to say no to this at less than half price before release.
So that explains their usage of "WTF" in the email title. Completely went over my head so I didn't bother checking that it was a game.

paying for a dock seems kind of pointless. if you have a hard drive that you dont want in your rig but still want to use it then get a nice enclosure and be done with it.
if you got a bunch of bare hard drives you need to go through just get your standard usb to sata adapter. Its much more versatile and smaller

Anyone have a recommendation on a hard drive dock?
I have a Syba Dual HDD Dock & two Orico single-docks.

Love 'em all.

If you have extra HDD's sitting around not enclosed anywhere - it's great for copying and moving files to your PC or to the HDD connected to the dock. Especially if you need to hot-swap HDD's to other PC's and whatnot.

EDIT:

I always seem to be transferring big files (i.e. games) on 7200 RPM HDD's b/t my laptop and desktop PC's, so having multiple docks works great for that.

see I rather like the size, so I always know where it is when I need it. Plus you dont have parts to lose, the power+data is all in the dock so the only thing you need to use it is the psu, which are fairly standard connections, and the usb cable, also standard. Ive lost bits n pieces of a couple of those sata adapters over the years and Im never sure what goes with what, so having one piece makes that alot easier.  

Its also more stable when you have a partially busted drive, i.e. my old game drives sata connector was all jacked up and I basically had a cable duct taped to it to be able to use it. So when I replaced it, the dock kept it stable in place to be able to transfer while one of those sata adapters wouldnt have done so.

I got a set of G933 Artemis Spectrum wireless headphones today for 30 bucks complete and mint at the local flea market, so at least I've got that going for me in this shit-show of a weekend.

bread's done
Back