Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Twitch Prime loot - Legendary Loot Box for Heroes of the Storm.  Guaranteed 1 legendary, can be rerolled but it starts at 750 gold.  I got a legendary and 3 commons which was a bit disappointing but decided not to push my luck, if you have lots of gold it might be worth it, I dunno.  

Twitch Prime loot - Legendary Loot Box for Heroes of the Storm. Guaranteed 1 legendary, can be rerolled but it starts at 750 gold. I got a legendary and 3 commons which was a bit disappointing but decided not to push my luck, if you have lots of gold it might be worth it, I dunno.
Is there any way to make money off these? I will never forgive myself for missing out on the giveaway/money-maker for peanutbutter undergarments.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7191

List of Pinball FX2 tables that will import into FX3, pretty much everything but South Park, Ms. Splosion Man and Plants vs. Zombies. I really liked the South Park ones, guess I'll have to keep FX2 installed just for those. Also Steam version will be able to crossplay with PSN and Xbox/Win10

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=7191

List of Pinball FX2 tables that will import into FX3, pretty much everything but South Park, Ms. Splosion Man and Plants vs. Zombies. I really liked the South Park ones, guess I'll have to keep FX2 installed just for those. Also Steam version will be able to crossplay with PSN and Xbox/Win10
The crossplay feature is great news. However, it's a shame about the South Park tables since those are some of my favorites. Bummer.

How bad is Dead Rising 4?
It's -60 off $23.99 on steam right now which isn't a bad price.

Same question with Resident Evil 7 being cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Twitch Prime loot - Legendary Loot Box for Heroes of the Storm. Guaranteed 1 legendary, can be rerolled but it starts at 750 gold. I got a legendary and 3 commons which was a bit disappointing but decided not to push my luck, if you have lots of gold it might be worth it, I dunno.
I got two legendaries, one of which was a new hero, so no reroll necessary for me thankfully. I reroll far too often so I'm relieved.

As far as I remember the only middle aged people in the Rainbow People commune in ONF were all the dudes hiding from the cops and taking advantage of the dumb young hippie girls. Most of the women would have been attractive if they had washed their feet or worn shoes the previous 5 years.

Nope, but I do find years of abuse, dirt and the inevitable pile of human excrement they will step in during that time to be disgusting enough to turn an 8 into a 2.

They're called outhouses, you cosmopolitan elitist.
That's so not fair to outhouses, nor the person who had to dig and install the vault tank before constructing the outhouse itself. I mean, that's a 3x3x3 hole in the ground, which you then secure and keep watertight so as to not taint the soil or groundwater.

No, the stuff you're talking about is for those extra filthy sorts that use a surface privy, which is basically a box with no bottom that you set on the ground, and then cut a hole in the top of, leaving your mess as it falls, and then moving your privy box as need be.

Nasty filthy sorts, surface privy users.

Are you saying games shouldn't be well-balanced and as the devs intended?
Not at all.

There's nothing wrong w/ that at all. It's THEIR game and they can do what they please w/ it. There should be servers w/ the game, to be played as the dev's intended, naturally.

I also think there should be servers that allow gamers to do what the hell they want w/ it, too - with their own maps, weapons, SDK's, etc. Games that seem to never take-off online or are losing players, this could be a good way to get players in and/or get them to keep coming back.

I think MP's games life-spans are much shorter these b/c of all the problems of not releasing a SDK (to keep the content-flow constantly going); so many games having MP portions (whether they are the game's main-purpose or as just a bulletpoint on a game-box to try to net a sale); and so many other games out there to compete with.

What are your thoughts on boxed mac and cheese?
Don't care for it at all.

Dead Rising bundle on Steam... $8 to buy DR1 solo but $16 to complete the bundle when I already own DR 2 and DR 3.
There's a difference between a bundle and a pack.

That's a Dead Rising pack, there is no Dead Rising 1+2+3 bundle

Also, is MMLC1 not on sale for the sole purpose of not lowering the MMLC Bundle price?

Not at all.

There's nothing wrong w/ that at all. It's THEIR game and they can do what they please w/ it. There should be servers w/ the game, to be played as the dev's intended, naturally.

I also think there should be servers that allow gamers to do what the hell they want w/ it, too - with their own maps, weapons, SDK's, etc. Games that seem to never take-off online or are losing players, this could be a good way to get players in and/or get them to keep coming back.

I think MP's games life-spans are much shorter these b/c of all the problems of not releasing a SDK (to keep the content-flow constantly going); so many games having MP portions (whether they are the game's main-purpose or as just a bulletpoint on a game-box to try to net a sale); and so many other games out there to compete with.

Don't care for it at all.
Now, the thing about mac and cheese is genuinely surprising. I figured you lived off of that.

Midwest isn't supposed to be that bad. Out west usually has clear skies this time of year so it was a big draw. And S. Carolina is the nearest place for the entire Eastern Seaboard so they'll be packed. It'll be crowded and busy in the Midwestern locations but not as bad as the two ends.
My small town will see something like a doubling of population at least. (an extra 10,000 people). We are about a half an hour from the center line. The town tried to get extra port-o-johns from a much larger town right on the line, but they said they needed them all.

I had made $17 from PUBG, so the most I was going to spend was $6.70 on it.
Well it's your call. But between the inferior engine of DR4 vs DR1 (shown in the video), the lack of interactivity of DR4 vs DR1 (also shown in the video) and TJ Rotolo not voicing Frank West (which makes no sense, seeing as they got him back for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite not even a year later) I don't see myself ever paying more than $10 on the game.

Well it's your call. But between the inferior engine of DR4 vs DR1 (shown in the video), the lack of interactivity of DR4 vs DR1 (also shown in the video) and TJ Rotolo not voicing Frank West (which makes no sense, seeing as they got him back for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite not even a year later) I don't see myself ever paying more than $10 on the game.
Could the voice work issue have been because of the VO strike? (Not sure if the dates line up or not.)

That's so not fair to outhouses, nor the person who had to dig and install the vault tank before constructing the outhouse itself. I mean, that's a 3x3x3 hole in the ground, which you then secure and keep watertight so as to not taint the soil or groundwater.

No, the stuff you're talking about is for those extra filthy sorts that use a surface privy, which is basically a box with no bottom that you set on the ground, and then cut a hole in the top of, leaving your mess as it falls, and then moving your privy box as need be.

Nasty filthy sorts, surface privy users.
Isn't that technically a pit privy? I think you have to dig some sort of hole (i.e., pit) under your box or it would only be good for a few uses before you had to relocate it.

Last night some of us played Sniper Elite 4.  We completed a 12-round session and killed lots and lots of Nazis.  Even the Nazis in the fancy black uniforms and armor got shot.  Take that, Nazis!  We didn't just snipe them either; we also shot them with submachine guns, pistols, had planes drop bombs on them, blew them up with landmines and threw something at them which Fox charmingly called "stick mines" because Fox is apparently unfamiliar with the word "grenade".

Afterward, we played about four rounds of PUBG which were largely terrible, although we did manage to kill some people most of the time.  They just killed us more.  Highlight of the evening was watching Fox shoot at some graffiti he disliked and then explode because he was standing in a red zone to do it.

Tonight is Friday night and that means we return to the One Field of Battle to kill proto-Nazis.  Maybe we'll kill Hitler!  Did you know that Hitler served in the German army during World War One?  That's an arcane fact that very few people know, maybe like six or seven.  Anyway, if you're against Nazis then you'll want to show up to kill their fathers.  Anyone who isn't in Discord tonight will be outed to the Huffington Post as a Nazi lover.  No pressure, though.

Tonight is Friday night and that means we return to the One Field of Battle to kill proto-Nazis. Maybe we'll kill Hitler! Did you know that Hitler served in the German army during World War One? That's an arcane fact that very few people know, maybe like six or seven.
His infamous mustache came from his time serving in WWI. He was ordered to trim it down so his gas mask would get a better seal.

In case anyone is really curious.

Last night some of us played Sniper Elite 4. We completed a 12-round session and killed lots and lots of Nazis. Even the Nazis in the fancy black uniforms and armor got shot. Take that, Nazis! We didn't just snipe them either; we also shot them with submachine guns, pistols, had planes drop bombs on them, blew them up with landmines and threw something at them which Fox charmingly called "stick mines" because Fox is apparently unfamiliar with the word "grenade".

Afterward, we played about four rounds of PUBG which were largely terrible, although we did manage to kill some people most of the time. They just killed us more. Highlight of the evening was watching Fox shoot at some graffiti he disliked and then explode because he was standing in a red zone to do it.

Tonight is Friday night and that means we return to the One Field of Battle to kill proto-Nazis. Maybe we'll kill Hitler! Did you know that Hitler served in the German army during World War One? That's an arcane fact that very few people know, maybe like six or seven. Anyway, if you're against Nazis then you'll want to show up to kill their fathers. Anyone who isn't in Discord tonight will be outed to the Huffington Post as a Nazi lover. No pressure, though.
Yeah, the damn game doesn't like it when you shoot it's Twitcher graffiti. I played some duo with my brother after that. Highlight of that was when I rushed into a building because I knew another duo was in there. I thought they were on the top floor, but nope, they were on the bottom floor. As I opened the door one guy ran by me and I shot at him but he just kept running upstairs. His buddy retreated into the bathroom on the first floor and I rushed him and emptied an extended clip of my AKM, knocking him out and killing him in one barrage of ammo. Then his dumb friend decided to finally come back downstairs to help him after he was dead, but I managed to empty another extended clip of 7.62 into that guy, killing him too. So I downed a whole duo and then after it was all said and done I noticed four crates on the floor and realized I killed these two guys right after they had killed two other guys in the house. I looted to my hearts content and then we both died a few minutes later from some asshole sniping who I'm pretty sure was exploiting the see through houses glitch.

More Valve changes to Steam, this time in respect to keys.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/18/valves-new-policy-on-large-amounts-of-steam-keys-spells-doom-for-cheap-game-bundles/

eLDE2QM.png

Here's the language from Valve, may not be a bad thing entirely. Maybe it limits the shovelware...

Steam keys have always been available for free to our partners to help them sell PC games at physical retail and on other digital stores. In return, we've asked that partners offer Steam customers a fair deal, similar to what they're offering on other stores. None of that is changing.

But over the last few years, new features and additions to Steam have changed the way Steam keys were being used, for instance as a means for game-shaped objects to monetize on Steam through methods other than actually selling fun games to customers. Most notably, this meant farming Steam Trading Cards. We shared a lot of info about that issue, and our response to it, here.

While our changes did impact the economics of trading card farming for new products coming to Steam, there are still a lot of games and game-shaped objects using Steam keys as a way to manipulate Steam systems. As a result, we're trying to look more closely at extreme examples of products on Steam that don't seem to be providing actual value as playable games-for instance, when a game has sold 100 units, has mostly negative reviews, but requests 500,000 Steam keys. We're not interested in supporting trading card farming or bot networks at the expense of being able to provide value and service for players.

It's completely OK for partners to sell their games on other sites via Steam keys, and run discounts or bundles on other stores, and we'll continue granting free keys to help partners do those things. But it's not OK to negatively impact our customers by manipulating our store and features."

More Valve changes to Steam, this time in respect to keys.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/18/valves-new-policy-on-large-amounts-of-steam-keys-spells-doom-for-cheap-game-bundles/

Here's the language from Valve, may not be a bad thing entirely. Maybe it limits the shovelware...
Yeah, doesn't seem like its aimed at Humble, GMG or the like so no need to think the sky is falling... I will keep an eye towards the sky as I cannot help but worry that at some point Steam is going to become tighter and tighter in regards to buying/selling elsewhere.

From that VG247 article:

First, as Valve rightly stated, selling a Steam key on other sites cheats it out of the 30% cut it would otherwise get from the sale, had it been done on Steam.
No, it doesn't. If you're offering an option to someone and they take it, you are not being "cheated" out of anything. It's certainly possible to abuse it, much like eating 12lbs of crab legs at the Chinese buffet, but merely making use of the option is not "cheating" anyone. Offering free keys is explicitly one of the perks Steamworks advertises on the website to draw in developers.

I have no issue with Steam clamping down on creating 500,000 keys for some shit developer to give away on Gleam because they want to make card money off a crap game. And that only affects the very worst of bundles. Places like Humble shouldn't see need to worry with the new restrictions as proposed.

If it DID start affecting quality developers to the point where it was harder for them to bundle with a reputable site or sell games retail then I suspect you'd see GOG, Origin or Uplay making a play for those developers instead. Which Valve doesn't really want so I'm guessing their reach here is somewhat self-limited.

It's targeted at game-shaped objects and not real games. It will zero effect on real bundles etc. maybe even better since less 1cent keys to will fill bundle with.

Of course, if Steam actually put half an effort into keeping "game shaped objects" out of its catalog, they wouldn't need to worry about creating 500,000 keys for said trash quasi-games.

Haven't played it myself, but this video alone convinced me it isn't worth spending more than maybe $10 on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs
apparently you haven't read about the counter-protest and riot from the Zombie right Group.

Them zombie got offended and sued the game developers for inappropriate portrayal of the zombie people. :whistle2:

It's targeted at game-shaped objects and not real games. It will zero effect on real bundles etc. maybe even better since less 1cent keys to will fill bundle with.
Why is this term in our lexicon now? "game-shaped object"

What the frickety-frack is a game shaped like? Is it a dodecahedron? A sphere? A cylinder?

bread's done
Back